Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Calibrate/build your mod load order around jsawyer, imo. I also can't play without Cirosan's overhaul, and since it is compatible with Jsawyer that is a p. good thing. Lots of character development and Cirosan made followers reasonable and balanced (Boone isn't going to destroy everything before you can get XP) which is great, and it makes playing a social character way more fun as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Gyshall posted:

Calibrate/build your mod load order around jsawyer, imo. I also can't play without Cirosan's overhaul, and since it is compatible with Jsawyer that is a p. good thing. Lots of character development and Cirosan made followers reasonable and balanced (Boone isn't going to destroy everything before you can get XP) which is great, and it makes playing a social character way more fun as well.

I love pretty much everything about CCO's Follower Tweaks. They only do half damage (they're still very competent) but they're twice as durable; they carry less, but you can have up to 5 of them in your party if you're charismatic enough; they no longer have unlimited ammo, but they're immune to poison and drowning now (because their AI's too loving stupid to reliably use anti-venom and breathe air).

It sounds silly, but I used to avoid recruiting party members because many of them really lowered the game's difficulty. I think most of the changes help balance things out a lot, so they remain an asset...but a potentially expensive one, especially if you want to try keeping 3 or 4 of them outfitted.

Cream-of-Plenty fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 2, 2014

potaties
Apr 8, 2005

meow meow
How does CCO's Follower Tweaks work when you have 1 Charisma? The readme says "you can't have followers", but how does this actually work in the interactions with companion characters? Do you say, "You should come with me", and then they reply with an "OK" but never actually follow you? Just curious how that integration works, since I usually use CHA as a dump stat, but those changes sound incredibly good. CCO's Classic Perks also seem like a solid perk pack, too. Might have to dump More Perks for that one.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
I can't answer that (since I always run with like 3 Charisma minimum) but Cirosan's Perk Pack is way better than More Perks since it is inspired/balanced by old fallout games. Also has more traits which is great too.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

potaties posted:

How does CCO's Follower Tweaks work when you have 1 Charisma? The readme says "you can't have followers", but how does this actually work in the interactions with companion characters? Do you say, "You should come with me", and then they reply with an "OK" but never actually follow you? Just curious how that integration works, since I usually use CHA as a dump stat, but those changes sound incredibly good. CCO's Classic Perks also seem like a solid perk pack, too. Might have to dump More Perks for that one.

As somebody who frequently plays with CHA 1 or 2 characters, I might be able to answer that question later on today when I test it out specifically to look at those things. I mean, I've been playing with CCO for a long time now, but it's never really occurred to me how those particular elements actually work.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

potaties posted:

I think they just use the standard answer that implies you have people with you, but it's been a while since I last played Fallout: New Vegas.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

I think they just use the standard answer that implies you have people with you, but it's been a while since I last played Fallout: New Vegas.

Yeah I think that's right. I also can't remember how it works in situations where your Charisma is temporarily buffed or debuffed. In Fo2, you could recruit an extra dude by temporarily buffing your Charisma stat, but I'm not sure if you can lose recruited party members if you talk to them while your stat is insufficient. It may be a case where you can keep them as long as you want, but the minute you dismiss them, you'll have to buff your Charisma to get them to follow you again.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Having trouble loading up Jsawyer, it keeps getting pushed down in my load order. Any way to keep it up by the core esm and dlcs?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Having trouble loading up Jsawyer, it keeps getting pushed down in my load order. Any way to keep it up by the core esm and dlcs?

.ESM files have to be loaded before any .ESPs, so no. As long as you keep JSawyer above any other .ESPs, you'll be fine though.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Nuts. :(

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Not that it would be useful here, but I was rummaging through my old Fallout 3 game folder recently and remembered when "convert all your .ESPs to .ESMs" was the cutting edge of game stabilization. :v:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Not that it would be useful here, but I was rummaging through my old Fallout 3 game folder recently and remembered when "convert all your .ESPs to .ESMs" was the cutting edge of game stabilization. :v:
If I recall right, that was actually a band-aid to prevent broken mods from crashing the game.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Actually, if MariusLecter really wants JSawyer up with the official content, I suppose he could try to convert it to an .ESM. It just has to come after all the official content; including the little ones like the caravan/mercenary/whatever pack. This is required due to how the game loads the plugins.

Just curious, is JSawyer overwriting a mod .ESM that you don't want it to? Are you trying to make your own plugin and want it to be dependent on JSawyer? Part of me is wondering if you're just trying to get your load order to look a certain way, which isn't how this works.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Yea the latter, guess no Nevada Skies, Electro City, etc for this play through. :v:

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

Yea the latter, guess no Nevada Skies, Electro City, etc for this play through. :v:

JSawyer has to be somewhere behind the official stuff to function, it doesn't need to be immediately behind them. It should work fine with those, since they don't alter the same stuff. You can use them together.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hobo on Fire posted:

JSawyer has to be somewhere behind the official stuff to function, it doesn't need to be immediately behind them. It should work fine with those, since they don't alter the same stuff. You can use them together.

Gonna have to do a process of elimination to find out which mod(s) aren't working well with Jsawyer then.

My dumb as hell load order as is, http://pastebin.com/pphkZGPP

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

MariusLecter posted:

Gonna have to do a process of elimination to find out which mod(s) aren't working well with Jsawyer then.

What is your game doing that is giving you the impression it's related to JSawyer?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

What is your game doing that is giving you the impression it's related to JSawyer?

I place Jsawyer in my data folder, load it up in Fomod and my game gets to the main menu screen but with no menu options or cursor. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out and terminate Fallout.exe

Take it out and runs fine.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

The load order has a few PN plugins mixed in with the masters, and has "AWOP DLC Conflict Error Fixes.esp" as well as "AWOP NO DLC Conflict Error Fixes.esp," which I think you should only have one of.
JSawyer isn't even on the list, but should fit between "AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm" and "Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp"

Is the game crashing on start?

edit:

MariusLecter posted:

I place Jsawyer in my data folder, load it up in Fomod and my game gets to the main menu screen but with no menu options or cursor. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del out and terminate Fallout.exe

Take it out and runs fine.

Hmm... maybe its actually conflicting with something. You have a ton of mods that I haven't used/haven't used in a long, loooong time. Back in the day, Electrocity was kind of known for feature creep, I wonder if there is something in there that's conflicting.

Hobo on Fire fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 2, 2014

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Raygereio posted:

If I recall right, that was actually a band-aid to prevent broken mods from crashing the game.

I'm pretty sure it actually worked to stabilise the game generally, but you may be right.

Also it worked by some magic where you simply renamed the FOMM .exe, IIRC. I wonder if it still works.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hobo on Fire posted:

The load order has a few PN plugins mixed in with the masters, and has "AWOP DLC Conflict Error Fixes.esp" as well as "AWOP NO DLC Conflict Error Fixes.esp," which I think you should only have one of.
JSawyer isn't even on the list, but should fit between "AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm" and "Impact - TheMichaelBay.esp"

Is the game crashing on start?

That's where Jsawyer gets pushed to and yep it crashes when I get to the main menu.

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

That's where Jsawyer gets pushed to and yep it crashes when I get to the main menu.

YOU DON"T HAVE ALL THE DLC. JSawyer needs all the pre-order stuff to work too.

At least I think thats it... really it should be crashing before you even see the menu background....

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Hobo on Fire posted:

YOU DON"T HAVE ALL THE DLC. JSawyer needs all the pre-order stuff to work too.

At least I think thats it... really it should be crashing before you even see the menu background....

You mean the courier's stash?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Hobo on Fire posted:

Hmm... maybe its actually conflicting with something. You have a ton of mods that I haven't used/haven't used in a long, loooong time. Back in the day, Electrocity was kind of known for feature creep, I wonder if there is something in there that's conflicting.

EC's actually cleaned up since then, it should be fine. But you correctly identified the issue - needs all the preorder DLC, doesn't have it. Courier's Stash.

e: haha what is "DoNotPutScreenshotsOfTheseOnTheNexus.esp" and where can I get it

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

MariusLecter posted:

You mean the courier's stash?

Yes.

\/\/:tipshat:\/\/\/

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Haha, then this will only cost 99 cents to fix up. Thanks guys :v:

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

MariusLecter posted:

You're missing the Courier's Stash DLC. Read the readme & descriptionpages of mods before dumping them in your loadorder.
Edit: Oh, I really should have refreshed the page there.

Hobo on Fire posted:

The load order has a few PN plugins mixed in with the masters
That's normal. The PN team packaged the Cyberware & Rebalance .esp with the ESM flag switched. You can remove the ESM flag with FNVEdit, but it doesn't cause any problems.

Edit:

SplitSoul posted:

I'm pretty sure it actually worked to stabilise the game generally, but you may be right.
The main problem was that FO3 was kinda finicky: When there were conflicts between ESP plugins (two mods add something different to a list for example) or a ESP deleted something another ESP tried to edit, the game could crash. But if ESM plugins did the same thing, the game would often ignore the problem and cheerfully continue.
With a proper loadorder that has all the conflicts and various modding-no-nos worked out, the game should be stable though (Well... relatively stable. It's FO3 we're talking about after all). So esmifying all the ESP plugins shouldn't add anything.

New Vegas is more stable when it comes to conflicts like that in my experience. Also esmifying all of your mods willy nilly in New Vegas can actually be a bad idea. The NV Geck shipped with the error checking deactivated and there are some mods with scripts that will work fine when the mod is an ESP, but will fail to run with the mod's ESM flag switched.

SplitSoul posted:

Also it worked by some magic where you simply renamed the FOMM .exe, IIRC. I wonder if it still works.
You did with FO3Edit by either renaming the .exe to FO3MasterUpdate.exe, or running the .exe with a "-masterupdate" parameter. The "-masterrestore" paramter reverses it and removes the ESM flag from all ESP plugins.
FNVEdit supports it. I reckon it'll also work with TES5Edit.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 3, 2014

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
I just got this game for PC and I installed CASM. It said "CASM is saving" in the doctor's house at the start but that save doesn't appear when I hit "load" and pressing F4 doesn't do anything? Any idea what I've done wrong? Jsawyer's the only other mod I've downloaded so far, maybe they're incompatible?

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

2house2fly posted:

I just got this game for PC and I installed CASM. It said "CASM is saving" in the doctor's house at the start but that save doesn't appear when I hit "load" and pressing F4 doesn't do anything? Any idea what I've done wrong? Jsawyer's the only other mod I've downloaded so far, maybe they're incompatible?

CASM is absolutely compatible with JSawyer, so that isn't your issue. Do you have NVSE? CASM won't work without it.

If you are using NVSE, when exactly did you try to save? CASM can't save during certain situations, the intro at Doc Mitchels being one of them... the "CASM is saving" message should be followed by another saying "Can't save right now." If he hasn't handed you a pipboy yet, you might not have gotten to a point where you can save.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Yeah I've got NVSE and select the "launch NVSE" option from the mod manager to boot the game. I've since installed a couple more mods and they seem to work, just CASM is the odd one out- it says CASM is saving every 5 minutes or so but there's no save and nothing happens when I press f4. Weird but oh well, I guess there's always quicksave.

Hyphen-B
Nov 28, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Having a compatibility issue and was hoping somebody could help me sort it out. I downloaded and installed Improved Bouncing Natural Breasts, but it seems like it's conflicting with Slof's Improved Better Natural Bouncing Boners (Big), because both the breasts and Boners are replaced with big ol' semi-transparent, yellow yield sign looking things. If I remove SIBNBB.esp (which I *don't* want to do) the Bouncing Natural Breasts look fine, and natural. However, there is another problem. It seems like it shares references to the same esm as GrandTetons.esp, and it causes every breat in the game to be absolutely MASSIVE. Like, bigger than big - to the point where I'm getting LOD glitches and they're clipping through the skybox. Please someone help me. I can't keep living like this!

Hyphen-B fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Dec 4, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

SuitDude posted:

Having a compatibility issue and was hoping somebody could help me sort it out. I downloaded and installed Improved Bouncing Natural Breasts, but it seems like it's conflicting with Slof's Improved Better Natural Bouncing Boners (Big), because both the breasts and Boners are replaced with big ol' semi-transparent, yellow yield sign looking things. If I remove SIBNBB.esp (which I *don't* want to do) the Bouncing Natural Breasts look fine, and natural. However, there is another problem. It seems like it shares references to the same esm as GrandTetons.esp, and it causes every breat in the game to be absolutely MASSIVE. Like, bigger than big - to the point where I'm getting LOD glitches and they're clipping through the skybox. Please someone help me. I can't keep living like this!

Either a bad troll or kill yourself hth

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

SuitDude posted:

I think Skyrim might be more up your alley.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

You missed the big Saints Row sale. Sorry dude.

Alternately: FNVedit isn't too hard to learn, makes mod conflicts plain to see, and is useful if you're going to keep running modded New Vegas.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

I only recently started NV. It was one of those steam bundles around 4 years ago and it sat uninstalled since. Now it's my main at-home amusement besides the shitstorm known as World of Tanks.

Am I considered weird for liking .22 poo poo a lot? I found a mod that makes the varmint rifle into its beta plinker and am still using the Ruger quite a bit. I haven't found the spray and pray SMG yet but I think it'll still be fun.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
The .22 SMG looks awesome, and you can fit a silencer on it!

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah the 22 SMG silenced is a rape machine

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

SuitDude posted:

Lol

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

SuitDude posted:

and it causes every breat in the game to be absolutely MASSIVE. ...Please someone help me. I can't keep living like this!

Real monkey's paw situation there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"Whoa, easy there. Easy. You been out cold a couple of days now."
"Why don't you just relax a second? Get your bearings."
"Let's see what the damage is. How about your name? Can you tell me your name?"

> FUCKSLUT SLAVE

"Huh. Can't say it's what I'd have picked for you. But if that's your name, that's your name."
"I'm Doc Mitchell. Welcome to Goodsprings."
"Now, I hope you don't mind, but I had to go rooting around there in your rear end to pull something called 'The Destroyer' out."