Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mega64 posted:

I plan to do a narrative screenshot Let's Play of Halo 2 soon. I plan to write all the dialogue in Ye Olde English except for Master Chief, who will be a pirate.

Sounds similar to my Killzone LP gimmick. (All the dialogue is written in Shakespearean-esque English, except for Rico, who gets to keep all his regular lines because he doesn't know what the gently caress a Shakespeare is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Does he have an eyepatch? This is critical to my viewership needs.

The eye-patch should cover the entire visor of the Chief's helmet.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Sounds similar to my Killzone LP gimmick. (All the dialogue is written in Shakespearean-esque English, except for Rico, who gets to keep all his regular lines because he doesn't know what the gently caress a Shakespeare is).

Hold the phone. You have a Killzone LP?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sneaky Fast posted:

Hold the phone. You have a Killzone LP?!

I'd link it, but I'd get :redhammer:'d for plugging my own LP and I pretend that I respect this place too much to do that. It's one of the ones with the Stone Cold thread tag if you want to go looking for it, though.

Sneaky Fast
Apr 24, 2013

I was being sarcastic cause he plugged it twice already you berk.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
My bad. To be completely 100% honest, I sometimes forget what threads I'm posting in. I just click through my bookmarks and read whatever the latest posts are. I can erase all mentions of "THAT GAME" if it makes you feel better.

But seriously, oops, I thought this was the Request thread for some reason.

Sally fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Nov 21, 2014

toddy.
Jun 15, 2010

~she is my wife~

nine-gear crow posted:

I'd link it, but I'd get :redhammer:'d for plugging my own LP and I pretend that I respect this place too much to do that. It's one of the ones with the Stone Cold thread tag if you want to go looking for it, though.

I know it's against the rules but *opens trench-coat cleverly concealing LP* *winks*

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I got bored and went looking for the man vs wild lp, but I notice it wasn't in the archives. Had to check the master list to find it. But it's still amusing to laugh at Bear Grylls attempts at 'survival'

Faerie Fortune
Nov 14, 2004

For any others who want to find the LP, the youtube playlist is here! and I also highly recommend it, its a fun LP of a game that is both mind boggling and hilarious in its badness.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Drakenel posted:

But it's still amusing to laugh at Bear Grylls attempts at 'survival'

He's still alive, so the jokes on you!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Faerie Fortune posted:

For any others who want to find the LP, the youtube playlist is here! and I also highly recommend it, its a fun LP of a game that is both mind boggling and hilarious in its badness.

This is one of the best LPs ever done and Bear Grylls Walk the Dinosaur plays at the end of every stream in my PSP-TV channel.

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

Miami Law: A cop, man! needs more love. It's a DS visual novel/crime drama that got pushed under a rug, and ANIME MONSTROSITY is doing a great job showing it off.

Come watch the detective want revenge and his handler try to keep him sane. :allears:

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Drakenel posted:

I got bored and went looking for the man vs wild lp, but I notice it wasn't in the archives. Had to check the master list to find it. But it's still amusing to laugh at Bear Grylls attempts at 'survival'

Zorak and red's LPs are archived on their website, Kisamayatsu! You can also access all the fanart for the thread from the LP index linked at the bottom of that page.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Zorak and red's LPs are archived on their website, Kisamayatsu! You can also access all the fanart for the thread from the LP index linked at the bottom of that page.

Oh neat, thanks for the link, I didn't know about it.

Also "He has an extra chromosome in his inventory" Is a golden line and why does no one remember that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yo I'm looking for more finished LP's to burn through the shadow warrior one that finished was dope as hell, and wang was excellent, So more of that please.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

what's the name of that german jrpg game the guy translated that's apparently pretty good

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

Cake Attack posted:

what's the name of that german jrpg game the guy translated that's apparently pretty good

Unterwegs in Düsterburg.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

neat, thanks

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Which ones are funny like Pewds

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

no one here's as good as the pewds, unfortunately

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've still got hopes that Richard Gamingo will catapult to LP superstardom.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
Whatever happened to the "TELEPOR!" guy who did Mario 64?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

BottledBodhisvata posted:

Whatever happened to the "TELEPOR!" guy who did Mario 64?

He lives on through Slowbeef and Diabetus. :angel:

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Cake Attack posted:

no one here's as good as the pewds, unfortunately

I am asking now in the offsite thread, thanks.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I'd like to find some more stuff to watch and hoping you guys could help me out. I'm looking for some lps where at least one of the commentators is blind so I can experience the game along with someone funny, who are playing games with stories that are sincere, but slide off-the-deep-end, stuff like David Cage's games, deadly premonition, persona 4, etc. Some stuff I've seen to give kinda a ballpark is like the giant bomb stuff, some super best friends stuff, diabetus and slowbeef stuff like dead to rights/metroid/the longplay stuff, geop's dark souls. Any ideas of stuff that could fit?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ImPureAwesome posted:

Any ideas of stuff that could fit?

Have you checked out Faerie Fortune's Ocarina of Time (BLIND!) LP thread? Go do so if you haven't.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671095

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Have you checked out Faerie Fortune's Ocarina of Time (BLIND!) LP thread? Go do so if you haven't.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3671095

Nah i haven't. I'll give it a look, thanks. Anything else?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

ImPureAwesome posted:

Nah i haven't. I'll give it a look, thanks. Anything else?

Runbutton are doing a blind LP of Silent Hill (4?) The Room.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3669119

That's all I can think of at the moment. Also, Run Button does a bunch of Blind LPs or LPs of entire series which are generally good.

Oh, and someone did a Darksiders 1 and 2 LP where the guest was blind but I'm drawing a blank on their names at the moment.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Technically 90% of Chip and Ironicus's stuff would fit because their dynamic is Experienced Player and Blind Co-commentator, so go give those a shot. In particular, their LPs of Metal Gear Rising (thread goldmined here) and The Wonderful 101 (this one's ongoing!) are absolute treasures. There's also zfleeman's Pikmin 3 LP where none of the three commentators know too much about Pikmin 3 but the main player is very familiar with the series.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A note about Run Button. They're podcasters who took up LP recently, and they almost never have much to say about the game besides how much it's terrible and how bored they are, and how there's nothing to say this far into it. I really wouldn't recommend them unless you're looking for white noise to fall asleep too.

zflee or Chip and Ironicus are pretty great though.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Turtlicious posted:

A note about Run Button. They're podcasters who took up LP recently, and they almost never have much to say about the game besides how much it's terrible and how bored they are, and how there's nothing to say this far into it. I really wouldn't recommend them unless you're looking for white noise to fall asleep too.

They are very good at being white noise, though, so they have some merit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

corn in the bible posted:

They are very good at being white noise, though, so they have some merit.

I can't watch them play games with puzzles. I understand that having a conversation while playing a game is distracting, but at a certain point I want to yell at the screen.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Turtlicious posted:

They are very hit and miss at times--the first three Silent Hill episodes are great, and same with Silent Hill 2, but then they all sort of become a bland droning hum until the ending, where Silent Hill 1 gets funny again and Silent Hill 2 just kind of gets bad.

Also Keith has Bad Opinions.

They have really good talk radio banter though.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Skwirl posted:

I can't watch them play games with puzzles. I understand that having a conversation while playing a game is distracting, but at a certain point I want to yell at the screen.
Yeah, complex puzzle games like Mario in Time.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

zflee or Chip and Ironicus are pretty great though.

I like listening to them talk about things, so results may vary. You definitely aren't watching them to show off how to masterfully play a game though. It's just two dudes chilling and playing a game for a while.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Niggurath posted:

Yeah, complex puzzle games like Mario in Time.

It was one of the Yoshi's Island videos that broke me, maybe it's because I've played the game, but they did everything they could, aside from figuring out how to get into a door they saw a thousand times before and completely ignored, for an entire video.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They're basically a less offensive DSP.

E: It is funny listening to one try to hide the poo poo opinions of the other ones, "Let's go back to that later friend,"

Mutes bigots microphone.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Turtlicious posted:

They're basically a less offensive DSP.

E: It is funny listening to one try to hide the poo poo opinions of the other ones, "Let's go back to that later friend,"

Mutes bigots microphone.

What is DSP

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

digital signal processing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

The most horrible man on the internet.