Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Kly posted:

remember when tiy thought this thread was his safe space and that the majority goon opinion about the game was positive, which caused all the people who were just silently disappointed in the game to come out of the woodwork to make sure he knew that wasnt the case? that was funny.

It was caused by the game being an unfun shitpile I would guess, I haven't bought it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

http://playstarbound.com/december-2nd-here-and-there-and-everywhere/

Flubber mode looks kinda fun.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kly posted:

remember when tiy thought this thread was his safe space and that the majority goon opinion about the game was positive, which caused all the people who were just silently disappointed in the game to come out of the woodwork to make sure he knew that wasnt the case? that was funny.

Ah yes that was the Before Time. The Long Long Ago. When Starbound was new and shitposters got smacked the gently caress down because this thread wasn't in FYAD.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Vib Rib posted:

Really makes you wonder what's causing the team to dissolve behind the scenes.

I mean the easy answer is that the game sucks and its developers are realizing that and jumping ship, but what if instead the game sucks because Tiy is just a huge dickhole who makes everyone want to get as far away as possible. We have to consider the alternative which is that things are rotten from the inside and that's causing the game to suffer for the end user.
I'm just saying what if.

Tiy is 100% the problem. The developers who realized this jumped ship out of shame and disgust, and now he has successfully surrounded himself only with those who will suck his delusional dick and tell him his fedora looks stunning, as they uproot their lives to move to another country so that they can do it in person while not working on a game.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Rrussom posted:

Please stop derailing the thread with talk about the game StarBound.

Eh, it's about Starpuns so the game inspired by them is tangential so whatever. Everybody make the worst pun you can think of!

So do you suppose the overhyped game will go the Fable route and you'll get a pretty cool Starhound for your efforts?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wow, looks like you can really make some farbounds with that buff.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
I'm Starting to think this thread is Bound for the glorious halls that is the gaschamber

Lizard Wizard posted:

Wow, looks like you can really make some farbounds with that buff.

you bring a bad name to EL PEEs

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I almost bought this game. I'm glad I decided not to until it was "complete" (never).

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012
Gonna mod this game again when the next stable hits. Still wanna gently caress around with a big ranged weapon overhaul. If they don't end up doing a magazine / reload system for weapons maybe I could make one I guess?

Blah blah blah, starbound pun, game is dead, devs helped me out often when I was learning how to mod and implemented some things I asked about so they're cool dudes

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Modding's one thing this game's got going for it and they really should just start incorporating as many cool mods as they can, because just as an example, those giant mechs are awesome and sure put the official one to shame. If Terraria was this moddable we'd have really seen some poo poo.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Vib Rib posted:

Maybe they were confused. Maybe they thought that instead of asking if that one particular artist left, you were actually asking if the game would ever deliver on its promises of progression, questing, meaningful equipment, rewarding exploration, and emergent gameplay. So of course in a rare moment of lucidity they said no.

lol this is a good post

unlike starbound, which is not good, and also not a post

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Vib Rib posted:

Modding's one thing this game's got going for it and they really should just start incorporating as many cool mods as they can, because just as an example, those giant mechs are awesome and sure put the official one to shame. If Terraria was this moddable we'd have really seen some poo poo.

the modding is genuinely the only thing keeping it vaguely relevant at this point. even if nothing else is done w/ the game after 1.0 comes out this eon then people can at least build off of it w/ their own poo poo

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Why why won't they just release one new stable this year?

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009
hey guys haven't checked the latest news in a while, did something hap-- :yikes:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Mr. Glass posted:

hey guys haven't checked the latest news in a while, did something hap-- :yikes:

nope and nothing is going to happen, of this you can be sure.

Soral
May 30, 2009

nothing ever happens in this thread because its about a game that has never and will never exist

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Rrussom posted:

you bring a bad name to EL PEEs

Actually, people have told me my name is excellent.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
pyf anthros was a good thread

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Robot Randy posted:

pyf anthros was a good thread

This thread is the best

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Lizard Wizard posted:

Actually, people have told me my name is excellent.

gently caress off

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Cicadas! posted:

gently caress off

:eyepop:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cicadas! posted:

gently caress off

You are a loving insect that does nothing but produce white noise.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Lizard Wizard posted:

You are a loving insect that does nothing but produce white noise.

liek the Starbound team lolz

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Supernorn posted:

uhh? pretty sure we didnt do that, BARONS CYBER SKULL. where'd/when that happen?

Oh hey since you're one of the stupid retards "making" this poo poo game, and I get my money back you useless lying mongoloids?

Thanks in advance

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

giv eme the bird game

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
No! I don't want that.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

can I get my money back you useless lying mongoloids?

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Is there a way to rebind keys for this? Someone very kindly gifted it to me

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

can the person who gifted it get their money back then?

that's even worse, it was supposed to be a gift

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
hey man i got you a present, it's only 1/8th done but the rest will be done soon

*sponge bob 6 months later text wipe*

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It was a gift, you just didn't like it.

People get lovely gifts all the time, but asking for returns on their behalf is tacky.
Don't look a gift star in the bound.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

This video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPWXuMQomQU except it's about fukken starbound and chucklefish instead lfmao

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vib Rib posted:

It was a gift, you just didn't like it.

People get lovely gifts all the time, but asking for returns on their behalf is tacky.
Don't look a gift star in the bound.

*looks at internet*

Soral
May 30, 2009

i bought starbound for myself, with my own money, and i would very much like a refund.

Captain Diarrhoea
Apr 16, 2011
I didn't care but this thread is starting to make me want to play released starbound

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

endolithic posted:

Is sandmining back yet?

still would like an update on this tia

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

so if nova kids are a post beta thing does that mean this upcoming release really is going to be ver 1.0? is 1.0 going to be released without a menu option to rebind keys?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Kly posted:

so if nova kids are a post beta thing does that mean this upcoming release really is going to be ver 1.0? is 1.0 going to be released without a menu option to rebind keys?

Chucklefish is a mess

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

While I'm not as rabid about it as some on here, it is pretty unfortunate that Chucklefish is taking so long to get a stable build out. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Less than twenty-four hours to go until Starbound's first birthday! Congratulations on a productive year, Chucklefish! I think the statute of actual well-wishing has long since passed but here's hoping you guys get stable out of the door before holiday break.

I kickstarted for the game but now I'm staying for the disappointment.

Captain Diarrhoea posted:

I didn't care but this thread is starting to make me want to play released starbound

I wish I could dream as big as you, dude.

• Locked thread