Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Must be the same armor he was wearing in The punisher kills The Marvel Universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If that's in Doom's castle, he probably has atomic hammers laying around.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Well, Frank did apparently have a nuke or two spare.

A good way to eliminate a few pesky super-powerful players.

Vengeance of Pandas
Sep 8, 2008

THE TERRIBLE POST WENT THATAWAY!
He was being backed by the rich collateral damage of the Marvel Universe.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

prefect posted:

I could swear Silver Dagger once got into Doctor Strange's house by messing around with the wood on a windowframe, instead of trying to get through the window or its attendant enchantment.

Well of course it makes sense that even Doctor Strange's loving house jobs. Guy just can't catch a break.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Samovar posted:

I seem to remember Luke Cage breaking Doom's armour, designed to withstand partical beams, explosions, etc... by just hitting it.

Specifically, he picked one spot on the armor and just kept hitting it, over and over, until it broke.

Even Doom's reaction was 'poo poo, no one ever actually tried THAT before.'

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Say Nothing posted:

Well, Frank did apparently have a nuke or two spare.

A good way to eliminate a few pesky super-powerful players.

And make a bunch more radioactive and pissed.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Samovar posted:

I seem to remember Luke Cage breaking Doom's armour, designed to withstand partical beams, explosions, etc... by just hitting it.

Luke Cage: the first man to try punching Doctor Doom in the same spot over in over instead of just punching once and giving up.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Kelp Plankton posted:

Luke Cage: the first man to try punching Doctor Doom in the same spot over in over instead of just punching once and giving up.

You would think repeated pinpoint attacks would come from Torch's heat rays or Cyclops, but welp.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

FilthyImp posted:

You would think repeated pinpoint attacks would come from Torch's heat rays or Cyclops, but welp.

Torch isnt very accurate and doom has only fought the x-men like once?

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
I forged my armour to withstand anything -- except being hit a lot! You are the first to try such a tactic!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Reed Richards is an idiot

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
When Luke Cage is owed money, he is gonna get it one way or another.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Fallen Rib

Kelp Plankton posted:

:doom: Oh no! Punches. My only weakness. :doom:

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
He created a cost/benefit spreadsheet of armor weaknesses to shore up and punches/automatic weapon fire just fell below the threshold. Doom blames Excel for fouling up a simple formula

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

smashpro1 posted:

When Luke Cage is owed money, he is gonna get it one way or another.

"Where's my money, honey?" is a pretty awesome line for breaking into Doom's castle.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
How did The Thing never try that?

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Wapole Languray posted:

The fastest any Speedster can go is the speed of light, because once you break lightspeed a Speedster will enter the Speedforce and either go to Flashhalla, or time travel. :flashfact:

Someone post the panels where Wally literally runs faster than another being instantaneously teleports by harnessing the power of everyone on Earth, who have been instructed to run at the same time.

God I love Grant Morrison. :allears:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lmao the flash did the running version of a spirit bomb?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cassa posted:

He kept punching in different spots. Totally different thing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cassa posted:

I can't remember the issue, but the original Lee/Kirby run on F4 had an issue where The Thing beats the ever loving poo poo out of Doom and crushes his hands. He did try it and it worked.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Calaveron posted:

So you basically shouldn't play pool with Summers

Well if you ever listen to the song "You Don't Mess Around with Jim", the ultimate Pool Player in that is called Slim. You know who else has the nickname of Slim? Scott Summers.

Boxman posted:

Someone post the panels where Wally literally runs faster than another being instantaneously teleports by harnessing the power of everyone on Earth, who have been instructed to run at the same time.

I prefer the ludicrous example from the Justice League Elite annual where the JLA and the Justice League Elite are fighting two different cosmic threats, and the Flash is on both teams. So he's literally in TWO life or death struggles and he's taking part in both by running between two different areas, changing costumes as he goes.
There is a point where a portal is opened that shows both groups, and the Flash is able to look at himself as he goes between both groups.

The Flash was literally in two places at once.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

The Question IRL posted:

The Flash was literally in two places at once.

That was Wally's go to when he got his identity re-secreted. Moving so fast that Wally West and The Flash were not only in the same room but having a conversation and shaking hands.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
Stop teasing and post the drat panels :mad:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Question IRL posted:

Well if you ever listen to the song "You Don't Mess Around with Jim", the ultimate Pool Player in that is called Slim. You know who else has the nickname of Slim? Scott Summers.

Summers, however, does seem the kind of guy to step on Superman's cape.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Phy posted:

Summers, however, does seem the kind of guy to step on Superman's cape.

Summers will start poo poo with anyone who even kinda attacks mutants. Anyone.

Avengers versus X-Men #1

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

First Bass posted:

Stop teasing and post the drat panels :mad:

Fair enough, I'll get that done tomorrow.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Byers2142 posted:

Summers will start poo poo with anyone who even kinda attacks mutants. Anyone.

Avengers versus X-Men #1

Doesn't Cap's shield absorb all force or something so he should just be able to stand there while the pretty light bounces off his shield?

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
It generally does, but remember, this is also the shield that he can bounce of things.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

AnonSpore posted:

Doesn't Cap's shield absorb all force or something so he should just be able to stand there while the pretty light bounces off his shield?

Nothing so Silver Age DC. It's just made of an alloy that absorbs force better than pretty much anything else, but it doesn't diffuse it completely.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

AnonSpore posted:

Cap was being a sport and jumped backwards.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Cap actually remained stationary, but the recoil from Cyke's blast pushed the rest of the earth in the other direction!

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Boxman posted:

ok

Flash v2 #138
The little blue sparkly dude is Krakkl, dude made of radio waves from a planet of similar guys. The big Metron looking dudes are forcing them to race, whoever loses has their home planet destroyed and the winner goes on to a new race. Krakkl was the reigning champion and immediately before this he admitted to Wally that he'd won all his races by having his people run at the same time he did, so he got their speed. Flash turning on all those radios was so Krakkl's people could use them to travel to Earth, so they'd survive.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
That is hands-down the dumbest sequence I've ever read in comics. Grant Morrison, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Majuju posted:

That is hands-down the dumbest sequence I've ever read in comics. Grant Morrison, I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

How does it feel to have no soul

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

How does it feel to have no soul

Still better than it feels to be a DC fan any given Wednesday

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
That is pretty dumb and I'm saddened by how awesome it is at the same time. Ah, comics.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

In fairness I think the only thing that I find dumb about it (and, unfortunately, so dumb that it completely ruins the whole sequence for me) is that everyone on Earth has to start running around for it to work. Like, lazy people, or the disabled, or nihilists, or any number of villains are going to not comply with that, for any number of reasons, and it just feels so goofy and could easily have been written around. It's a neat idea that the Flash can somehow outrun instantaneous teleportation by tapping into the SPEED FORCE, but the Peter Pan thing poisons the well to me.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Remember kids, if you don't like bad Grant Morrison comics, you have no soul. Your immortal self that transcends the physical does not exist if you're not moved by hackneyed maudlin crap that trips all over itself in an attempt to seem creative and meaningful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Remember kids, if you don't like bad Grant Morrison comics, you have no soul.

Basically.