Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Iron Tusk posted:

Second. Now I only have 697,000 credits of skills to buy (And that's just for level 60).

Wait, skills now cost money again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeku
Jun 3, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

Good lord...umm. Well up until yesterday Gamespot had 2400 cc cards on sale for 9.99, they are back up to 19.99 though. I imagine that other sales will happen this month.

drat, that would have been a much better price. I'll keep an eye out for more specials. Thanks!

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title
Soloing content as a Medicine Operative feels a hell of a lot less interesting without Orbital Strike.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sivart13 posted:

Soloing content as a Medicine Operative feels a hell of a lot less interesting without Orbital Strike.

Its very sad. I have to like, walk up to dudes and stab them now.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Blhue posted:

Its very sad. I have to like, walk up to dudes and stab them now.

You have grenades.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

hobbesmaster posted:

You have grenades.
The grenades don't knock trash mobs on their rear end nearly well enough!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

pentyne posted:

Wait, skills now cost money again?

I think the free skills thing was just for 12xp; they figured (correctly) that people would level so fast that they wouldn't have time to earn money to buy the skills, so they just made them free. Now that it's back to normal leveling speed, they're back to the old way of paying for skills.

Personally I wish they'd just do away with the whole "travel back to a skill trainer to unlock your skills" thing entirely because if there's one thing this game doesn't need, it's more reasons to spend time traveling places, but whatever.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
RIP reusable biochem stuff. :(

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Someone needs to put the Theron Shan boots and gloves on the GTN damnit. :argh:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hey people who hate themeselves and craft just like me...there's a new path for reverse-engineering. There was Critical, Overkill, and Redoubt...now there's Absorb as well.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Medullah posted:

Hey people who hate themeselves and craft just like me...there's a new path for reverse-engineering. There was Critical, Overkill, and Redoubt...now there's Absorb as well.

I was going to burn through all my level 11 mats and raise all my crew skills but gently caress that I need cash.

raffie
Feb 28, 2004
hopeless incompetent
Yeah i'm just going to gather mats and take it slow. It's funny, all the waiting for early access and 3.0 and i'm just going slow, managing one solo FP on Chile. I'll try and finish the other three this evening, then i'll probably do it on Nacho/Taco/Pollo. THEN i'll think about moving ahead to whatever new planet or storyline there is.

All that waiting and now i'm taking baby steps to absorb everything. Good news is the Vengence Jugg rotation is almost unchanged at 55.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

WarLocke posted:

I'm not sure if I'll sell the pair I got or not, have to see how they look on some of my other characters first...

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Should I hit up Makeb at 47 on my first character? I've been told that's by far the fastest way to get to 55 at that point and I'm honestly a little burnt out on how slow Voss seems to be moving. I can just quick spacebar through the opening cutscene to avoid spoilers, yeah?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

:(

I'm dissapointed that the new receipes are all level 56 too. Like, my armormech and synthweaver can now make some new belts and bracers... Woo.

At least I get a couple of nice colours dye packs to craft on my Artificer.

mulodyne posted:

Should I hit up Makeb at 47 on my first character? I've been told that's by far the fastest way to get to 55 at that point and I'm honestly a little burnt out on how slow Voss seems to be moving. I can just quick spacebar through the opening cutscene to avoid spoilers, yeah?

Not as fast anymore since 12x XP is over.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

mulodyne posted:

Now that 12X XP is over, this might not be the case since you'll run out of missions.

If you really wanted to turbo level, I think Ilum opens up and it's a small storyline tied to some dailies that give huge XP. Basically you're back to daily quest spamming (PVP, Flashpoint, daily quest hubs) and Kuat Drive Yards.

These are some daily hubs - Ilum, Belsavis bonus series, Section X, Black Hole and when you're 53ish, Czerka. The good thing about daily hubs is that the traveling is minimized and the quests flow pretty well.

And yeah I've been there too. The game feels huge and the story is a slow rolling TV episode on each planet. You'll get there soon enough - it's not worth stressing out about.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Do you have to have a certain gear level to run the Forged Alliance flashpoints? I have several new 55s that I haven't run through Unicorn yet so I'm still running around in low level gear. I just ask because while I was able to pick up the quest I didn't get my Jesus Droid.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

JediBlutarsky posted:

Do you have to have a certain gear level to run the Forged Alliance flashpoints? I have several new 55s that I haven't run through Unicorn yet so I'm still running around in low level gear. I just ask because while I was able to pick up the quest I didn't get my Jesus Droid.

Nope, you get a bonus similar to the Makeb bonus, and get level 55 gear from every major boss, so by the completion of the missions your character should be fully geared out in 162 rating items.

I'm running a Sith lightning sorc and the FA's were comically easy with the Oricon gear, but the bonus says you get a boost to your gear, so maybe there wouldn't be a noticeable difference with weaker gear.

The only fight which actually worried me, and I didn't die one, was with a boss with 400k xp and a time limit which I barely beat. In that case you'll almost certainly need a DPS companion geared out in order to win the fight if your not putting out damage.

Jesus Droid icon should pop up next to the FA quest log in the UI btw. Oh, and make sure your companion is summoned when you start the flashpoint. If they're not with you at the moment of starting they don't get the bonus.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Dec 3, 2014

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

pentyne posted:

Nope, you get a bonus similar to the Makeb bonus, and get level 55 gear from every major boss, so by the completion of the missions your character should be fully geared out in 162 rating items.

I'm running a Sith lightning sorc and the FA's were comically easy with the Oricon gear, but the bonus says you get a boost to your gear, so maybe there wouldn't be a noticeable difference with weaker gear.

The only fight which actually worried me, and I didn't die one, was with a boss with 400k xp and a time limit which I barely beat. In that case you'll almost certainly need a DPS companion geared out in order to win the fight if your not putting out damage.

Jesus Droid icon should pop up next to the FA quest log in the UI btw.

Yeah, I was running with him on my BH last night but now he completely disappeared and now I don't have him on the Korriban FP. No droid icon in my quest log for any of my characters either. I guess it could be bugged.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

JediBlutarsky posted:

Yeah, I was running with him on my BH last night but now he completely disappeared and now I don't have him on the Korriban FP. No droid icon in my quest log for any of my characters either. I guess it could be bugged.

There's an item on the mission items tab that allows you to summon a droid. Thanks to Medullah for this.

JediBlutarsky
Dec 4, 2002

Tezzeract posted:

There's an item on the mission items tab that allows you to summon a droid. Thanks to Medullah for this.

Yeah, that's what I mean. Its not in my mission items tab anymore. I'll dump the quest and see if it resets.

EDIT: Nope, he's gone. gently caress you Bioware for taking my Jesus droid away!

JediBlutarsky fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 3, 2014

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

W...what? Then what's the point of biochem anymore? :mad:

Also, I want the Combat Support Droid as the next optional companion, because he's like HK on crank. And he can just toss out full heals whenever he drat well pleases.

WarLocke posted:

Assuming the pack came at the same time as the expansion, you need at least 36 hours.

E: Can't wait to run Dread Palace in full 186 at level 60. WHO'S KICKING WHO AROUND NOW? :nixon:

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 3, 2014

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Alter Ego posted:

Also, I want the Combat Support Droid as the next optional companion, because he's like HK on crank. And he can just toss out full heals whenever he drat well pleases.

Some pubbie just said have the Combat Support Droid was like running round with Chuck Norris in your group which, even though a very tired meme, made me giggle.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I wonder if any of the new tier of mats will be worth any money, or if it'll still be thermal regulators and grade 1/3 underworld metals all day every day for easy money on the GTN?

I popped a slicing node worth over 3000 credits on rishi yesterday, so if nothing else, that'll be nice.

Fried Sushi
Jul 5, 2004

Burt posted:

Some pubbie just said have the Combat Support Droid was like running round with Chuck Norris in your group which, even though a very tired meme, made me giggle.

I almost died doing the first actual quest in Rishi, was so used to combat droid doing all the heavy lifting and keeping me alive. Forgot I had to watch my health.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

I wonder if any of the new tier of mats will be worth any money, or if it'll still be thermal regulators and grade 1/3 underworld metals all day every day for easy money on the GTN?

I popped a slicing node worth over 3000 credits on rishi yesterday, so if nothing else, that'll be nice.

For at least the near future, big money is going to come from augments, augment kits, and the mats to make those. Everyone's going to need a full set (or several) of those.

So far, I've made about 300k leveling through Rishi, mostly by being on a low-pop instance and grabbing security chests for 28k-30k a piece.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Whoop, beat Revan. I think there's a taunt bug which breaks the boss out of the 'channeling' mode. Turned off Scourge's auto taunt and things started looking up again. The taunt bug does allow you to skip the channel phase though so I never got to see the channel (do this at 66% and 33% if you want to skip.) Hopefully there's a bug fix to make the instance back into a simple solo 'raid' fight.

Also you can repeat the Revan fight for legacy companion mainhands.

Tezzeract fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Dec 3, 2014

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Now I need some blue saava silk shoes.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

You ain't nothin' but a salky hound

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Alter Ego posted:

I guesss there's still implants, but I'm really not looking forward to having to craft new stimulants all the time.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Sombrerotron posted:

I guesss there's still implants, but I'm really not looking forward to having to craft new stimulants all the time.

Honestly I'm planning to be lazy and keep using my purple stims from when 55 was the level cap. I'm still not planning to do anything harder than SM content so Bqhatevwr

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

The implants are level 56 so they're crappy too. I'm assuming at some point the basic schematic vendor will have new higher level stuff for crafter's. The purple stims now last eight hours and are better than the blue ones, so there may be a market with the raiders on those.

The hilts, barrels, mods, etc are all the 36 ones so I think they'll be 186 once reverse engineered to purple. I'm working on the Resolve hilt and Aim barrel first

CesiumCanoe
Oct 9, 2012

Oh ya

Tezzeract posted:

Whoop, beat Revan. I think there's a taunt bug which breaks the boss out of the 'channeling' mode. Turned off Scourge's auto taunt and things started looking up again. The taunt bug does allow you to skip the channel phase though so I never got to see the channel (do this at 66% and 33% if you want to skip.) Hopefully there's a bug fix to make the instance back into a simple solo 'raid' fight.

Several people in general chat commented that the best way to do that fight was without your companion. Not sure if they had used tank comps but I sent Andronikos away and got through the fight without any issues.

It's weird seeing helpful chat again, even if it's only for a few days.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tezzeract posted:

You're lucky. I think I've done it at least 12 times and never have been able to fight though the bugs.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

Hulk Smash! posted:

This is a good patch.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

i just got kicked form TNG for some reason, please reinvite Lebodat and Akronas.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Wow, fleet has a lot of people "threatening" to uninstall because they can't use their lovely hybrid builds anymore.

:)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

It's kind of way better if you haven't done the Forged Alliances quest chain... :(

If you've done it, you're sent straight to the new planets - which is fine, you can easily manage them if you have OK gear.

But if you get to do the solo version of FA, you get:

2 full levels
a guaranteed recovered relic and manaan data
200k or so
~60 basic comms
~36 of the new elite comms
And a full set of 156 gear

EDIT: all that for about 1 hour worth of time and facerolling the content with the murder-bot.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Dec 3, 2014

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's kind of way better if you haven't done the Forged Alliances quest chain... :(

If you've done it, you're sent straight to the new planets - which is fine, you can easily manage them if you have OK gear.

But if you get to do the solo version of FA, you get:

2 full levels
a guaranteed recovered relic and manaan data
200k or so
~60 basic comms
~36 of the new elite comms
And a full set of 156 gear

There is virtually NO reason not to do it if you haven't already done the quest chain. Shitloads of loot, enough XP to go up 2 levels at least, and Jesus Droid. I'm practically functionally retarded, and I did it in about 2 hours (had to restart Manaan three times because Jesus Droid kept glitching). I didn't even hit Rishi until halfway through level 58, and I hit 60 just as the quest where Theron gets captured came up.

I realize it's really antisocial of me to think this, but more solo flashpoint options please Bioware.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Honestly I'm planning to be lazy and keep using my purple stims from when 55 was the level cap. I'm still not planning to do anything harder than SM content so Bqhatevwr
Oh do the ones you have retain their unlimited-use functionality? That's something, at least!

• Locked thread