Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't wait for their Akibaranger adaptation, Power Rangers N.E.R.D. Squad. Newly Enlisted Rescuers of Delusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
ToQGer 38 is...a thing.

It's not...bad. But it was kind of weak. It might just be because it was entirely filler, like I was worried it was going to be, so there's basically no villain presence. Some of the jokes were okay though.

Next episode looks amazing though, and ToQGer versus Kyoryuger is rapidly approaching.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE

Waffleman_ posted:

I can't wait for their Akibaranger adaptation, Power Rangers N.E.R.D. Squad. Newly Enlisted Rescuers of Delusion

If they cut away to the Akibarangers after the end of Legendary Battle, the whole Neo Saban era would have been worth it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm actually sort of curious what a Power Rangers adaption of Akibaranger would be like. It'd almost be better to just straight up dub it as there isn't really a whole lot of usable footage to work with(especially in the first season), even less so if you somehow try to make it into a kid-friendly show.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 3, 2014

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014
Well I guess if the announcement news for Drive from Taisen Full Throttle is correct we'll be getting Kiriko's little brother as our secondary rider, which if I had to guess will probably make him the serious type.

Not sure if it had been posted yet, but I hadn't seen anything on it in the past few pages.

Also I can't wait for Type Technique. It looks so goofy.

Samba De Amigo fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Dec 3, 2014

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Samba De Amigo posted:

Well I guess if the [url=http://www.asahi.com/and_M/interest/entertainment/Cfettp11412030051.html]announcement news for Drive from Taisen Full Throttle....

which if I had to guess will probably make him the serious type.

The article literally says 'the exact opposite' of that last bit.

(paraphrased)
Kamen Rider Mach is Ririko's younger brother. He has a cheery disposition, the exact opposite of his sister. After graduating from high school, he'd been traveling the world as a freelance cameraman, but has just urgently returned to Japan.

He'll be appearing in the movie and then debuts in the series in December 28th's episode 12. The episode is titled 'Where did the white Kamen Rider come from?'

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

DiscoJ posted:

(paraphrased)
Kamen Rider Mach is Ririko's younger brother. He has a cheery disposition, the exact opposite of his sister. After graduating from high school, he'd been traveling the world as a freelance cameraman, but has just urgently returned to Japan.

He'll be appearing in the movie and then debuts in the series in December 28th's episode 12. The episode is titled 'Where did the white Kamen Rider come from?'

Ah I must have missed that part, my bad. Was skimming through it in all honesty.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

google translate posted:

We fuckable and (Sano) Takeshi-kun you know from the old days, but thankfully" Inaba was pleased with.

Well I'm already on board with the new guy!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

DiscoJ posted:

(paraphrased)
Kamen Rider Mach is Ririko's younger brother.

If this part wasn't here, I would be very happy.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Larryb posted:

I'm actually sort of curious what a Power Rangers adaption of Akibaranger would be like. It'd almost be better to just straight up dub it as there isn't really a whole lot of usable footage to work with(especially in the first season), even less so if you somehow try to make it into a kid-friendly show.

Akibarangers would work pretty well on Adult Swim. They could just do the dub/sub method or just reshoot the out of suit stuff with English speaking actors.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

As far as Drive goes, i'm actually kinda glad We're not losing Machine Chaser as a nemesis. I like him.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yuichi Nakamura, who played Zeronos, is reportedly going to be in the spring Rider movie.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

Yuichi Nakamura, who played Zeronos, is reportedly going to be in the spring Rider movie.

Someone who isn't the Taros from Den-O? That's something I did not expect.

That said, having both Zeronos and the Taros makes me fear this will be another Den-O movie with cameos from other Riders. I hope my fear is misplaced, Toei has been really good at not doing that for a while now. OOO was the last time it happened, if I remember correctly.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

He just returned from being retired from acting too. That's great.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Guys you don't understand! If Zeronos is showing up that means more Sakurai and Deneb shenanigans. God I miss actual Den-O. The movies just don't feel the same.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Over-Time just dropped another 5 episode batch of Shinkenger, for all your chan chan bara needs.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Guys you don't understand! If Zeronos is showing up that means more Sakurai and Deneb shenanigans. God I miss actual Den-O. The movies just don't feel the same.
I only hope that someday...Yuuto and Deneb will someday meet Beetbuster and Stagbuster.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Perigryn posted:

I only hope that someday...Yuuto and Deneb will someday meet Beetbuster and Stagbuster.

Yuuto puts Beet J Stag into a leg Lock, Deneb drowns Jin in candy.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Kamen Rider Drive vs ALL Riders: Kamen Rider Taisen the Second.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Kamen Rider Drive vs ALL Riders: Kamen Rider Taisen the Second.

"I'm just a driving-by Kamen Rider!"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

I love it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Those are some drat pretty suits. I'm iffy on the helmet design, but overall I love it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Not digging the white boots. Only works for the white one.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

That's a drat fine robot. Wanna see the parts and full body

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

You can tell pink is a lady because she's the one that doesn't have color co-ordinated thigh highs.

No seriously I'm a huge sperg and that's distracting. They could have at least made White's pink.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

You can tell pink is a lady because she's the one that doesn't have color co-ordinated thigh highs.

No seriously I'm a huge sperg and that's distracting. They could have at least made White's pink.

They're essentially an extension of the boots, which are white on all five. It's fine.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Loving that mecha. It looks like it's mostly Red based from the looks of it so I wonder if it's a Gokaiger style situation where the rest of the mechs are inside red. Probably depends on how the bottom of the mech looks.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Sweet tapdancing christ there's a tiny robot pilot in the chest.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

SpazmasterX posted:

Sweet tapdancing christ there's a tiny robot pilot in the chest.

So Ninja Sentai x Aliens with a Power Loader super robot? I'm down.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Both of the girls have thigh highs and the guys have boots.

I'm really curious as to what the deal with the mech is. Also, I like the suits except for the sashes.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
The sashes are pretty sweet actually.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Elfgames posted:

The sashes are pretty sweet actually.

Yeah, gonna have to agree with this.

Also...I wonder what this season's collectable gimmick is gonna be

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
They have little shuriken pog thingies on their belts and swords so those i bet.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jivjov posted:

Yeah, gonna have to agree with this.

Also...I wonder what this season's collectable gimmick is gonna be

Elfgames posted:

They have little shuriken pog thingies on their belts and swords so those i bet.

Apparently the little shurikens become heads for the mecha, like the Zeo Megazord.

Edit: Oh god its worse than I thought it would be

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Dec 6, 2014

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SpazmasterX posted:

Apparently the little shurikens become heads for the mecha, like the Zeo Megazord.

Edit: Oh god its worse than I thought it would be

Oh my god. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Does the robot sing? Is that what I'm seeing?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
It's blurry as gently caress so I'm not gonna post it, but basically it looks like each of the mecha can become the central unit of different combined formations. For example, the dragon mecha can go in the center and red becomes the arm to give the combined formation a more bestial look and stance. The different shurikens go on the heads of each combination.

Oh and the pink mecha looks like it might be a bullet train, and becomes a leg and an arm.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 7, 2014

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

SpazmasterX posted:

It's blurry as gently caress so I'm not gonna post it, but basically it looks like each of the mecha can become the central unit of different combined formations. For example, the dragon mecha can go in the center and red becomes the arm to give the combined formation a more bestial look and stance. The different shurikens go on the heads of each combination.

Oh and the pink mecha looks like it might be a bullet train, and becomes a leg and an arm.

that sounds supremely neat, to have the ability for each ranger to have essentially their own 'specialized' mecha.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Basically this except pink is the arm and yellow is probably the leg connections.

• Locked thread