Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what do you like best
This poll is closed.
pics 69 0.39%
vids 420 2.40%
gazza.txt 8008 45.77%
havin yer mam 9001 51.44%
Total: 17498 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11JPa0lkYOY

In the same year this happened 3 poo poo goals that weren't that were the shortlist. Hang your head in loving shame fifa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Byolante posted:

In the same year this happened 3 poo poo goals that weren't that were the shortlist. Hang your head in loving shame fifa

He takes two awful touches and is just fast enough to get there anyway. Clogger-tier goal.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

blue footed boobie posted:

IMO RVP will win it because, even though it wasn't the coolest or goodest goal, it was really memorable and a lot of people will vote for it.

nah the James goal is gonna win, it was a lot more memorable and everyone is going to vote for the new Real star not for the old man utd dutch fag

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

sassassin posted:

Bit harsh on Casillas this.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Since when has anyone cared about a FIFA award? Last I checked FPOTY and FIFA rankings for countries were worthless.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Vinestalk posted:

Since when has anyone cared about a FIFA award? Last I checked FPOTY and FIFA rankings for countries were worthless.

People care about it if their favorite player wins it, if they don't then it's a poo poo award and fifa are corrupt.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

Gotta argue about something.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Byolante posted:

just give it to Real's epo doctor

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

serious gaylord posted:

Can't in good conscience vote for a goal in an amateur womens league. The level of goalkeeping alone means it should be disqualified.

dAnni posted:

Women's football :smuggo:

:smuggo:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

lol

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Sixty..... eight?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

pik_d posted:

Sixty..... eight?

:ssh:

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Vinestalk posted:

They only care this time because a woman could possibly win and that's unacceptable.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

dkj posted:

They only care this time because a woman could possibly win and that's unacceptable.

I wouldnt care if it was a good goal. Its only in the top 3 because shes a woman and thats unacceptable.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

:godwin:

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

http://gfycat.com/FinishedGrossCur cool and good

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Is that Chicharito with the backheel?

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
95% of Madrid games are like the Harlem Globetrotters vs. the Washington Generals. The stuff they do is cool but it's not really that amazing considering the circumstances.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The Mash posted:

Is that Chicharito with the backheel?

It is but that's also like a 4th division Spanish team made up paraplegics or something.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Shrapnig posted:

It is but that's also like a 4th division Spanish team made up paraplegics or something.

so a regular la liga team?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

serious gaylord posted:

I wouldnt care if it was a good goal. Its only in the top 3 because shes a woman and thats unacceptable.

That's a good goal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Having withstood probing from journalists, and questioning from various Football Associations, and investigation from the FBI, and scrutiny from Interpol, FIFA's integrity has finally been shattered forever by the blatant misandry of their annual goal of the year poll

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

beedeebee posted:

That's a good goal.

Good control, reasonable strike but its down the middle of the goal and perfectly saveable. Its not exactly top corner like Rodriguez's. Its not one of the best 3 goals in the shortlist and to say otherwise is misogynistic.

ronniegardocki
Apr 14, 2012

by Lowtax

serious gaylord posted:

Good control, reasonable strike but its down the middle of the goal and perfectly saveable.

not for a female keeper

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

serious gaylord posted:

Good control, reasonable strike but its down the middle of the goal and perfectly saveable. Its not exactly top corner like Rodriguez's. Its not one of the best 3 goals in the shortlist and to say otherwise is misogynistic.

You've got a weird definition of down the middle of the goal

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I think the video quality and lack of a crowd doesn't help the goal at all, and also that there's only one angle to view it from.

I think it's a pretty good goal and would be phwoaring all over the place of one of the shithouses on Milan scored that.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gigi Galli posted:

I think the video quality and lack of a crowd doesn't help the goal at all, and also that there's only one angle to view it from.

I think it's a pretty good goal and would be phwoaring all over the place of one of the shithouses on Milan scored that.

Yeah same, if one of Liverpool's players scored a goal like that I would still be referencing it ten years from now, FLJ style.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Blue Star Error posted:

You've got a weird definition of down the middle of the goal

in the vertical axis

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
Lol is that really against a Womens Youth team? I mean if you put in a mens youth team goal I'd be taking the piss too.

why isnt this free kick in?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL-zwWyFvhU

Kluiverts son btw

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lol is that really against a Womens Youth team? I mean if you put in a mens youth team goal I'd be taking the piss too.

Kluiverts son btw

Oh my god this owns.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

The Big Taff Man posted:

Kluiverts son btw

phwoar

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!
Yeahehehehehe............Yaaaah!

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

The Big Taff Man posted:

Lol is that really against a Womens Youth team?

Do you also think Young Boys Bern and Boca Juniors are youth teams?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Gigi Galli posted:

This is my issue. Its a 'pretty good goal' but no-where near top 3 of the year.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Blue Star Error posted:

Do you also think Young Boys Bern and Boca Juniors are youth teams?

No, but I also dont know a lot about womens football which is why I asked

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

This is all a trick by FIFA to get all the horrible internet MRAs against them, then they can say "if all these awful assholes are against us, we can't be that bad"

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The goal was good because of the technique. Three touches in the air, shot into the top right corner (from this angle anyway). Not much more a pro defender and goalie could have done.

If you look at the other goals they're all about technique too. Two goals from the MLS and J-League ffs

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

Vegetable posted:

The goal was good because of the technique. Three touches in the air, shot into the top right corner (from this angle anyway). Not much more a pro defender and goalie could have done.

If you look at the other goals they're all about technique too. Two goals from the MLS and J-League ffs

Yup. I finally watched it. She makes three touches off a long ball to control, turn and shoot, and the ball never touched the ground. It was a perfect shot and a really great showcasing of technique. That is extremely difficult to do.

Its a remarkable goal.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Last year or two years ago a less good goal also from a shitheap Irish league was in the shortlist and no-one cried about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

St Evan Echoes posted:

Last year or two years ago a less good goal also from a shitheap Irish league was in the shortlist and no-one cried about it

Im p sure that they did.

I remember the year that Zidane won it for this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crDzasp1-60

And the argument was always "yeah but this goal is the winner in a champs league final" and it trumped all arguments