Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

hubris.height posted:

oh idk now which i should watch

if the p4g anime is just going 'ah gently caress it here is some episodes' i'm all about that but if its legit worse because its boring and not well done i guess i'll go with the original. honestly p4g anime has a lot of catching up to do because gently caress marie she is garbage

P4GA is extra episodes to P4G or possibly a NG+ run of the original game. Aside from the first episode and the Christmas episode, they don't cover anything in the first anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also on the subject of Persona characters being similar to ArcSys characters I love that Junpei has an install and a clean hit mechanic as if he's the Sol of the game.

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I
P4U2 is just a nicer Blazblue with some guilty gear game feel stuck in the middle of it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do not disagree.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
For those actually wanting context of the Chie picture:

Naoto somehow concludes Yu's invitation to come over for Christmas is a plot to kill her, and she starts imagining crazy poo poo. She calls Chie and hears yelling in the background, and then assumes Chie is part of the plot and torturing Kanji. In reality, Chie is trying to learn what's the proper way to celebrate Christmas Eve...by watching a Christmas themed Kung-Fu movie.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

why the gently caress would Naoto assume that? the first thing, I mean.

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Butt Ghost posted:

Something like she's crazy with stress over the possibility that sempai has noticed her.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

It is because of her Autism.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

because everyone's turned into ridiculous gag characters in most of the spinoffs

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Endorph posted:

because everyone's turned into ridiculous gag characters in most of the spinoffs

Pretty sure they were gag characters in the main game too.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I got into anime again recently and there's actually good shows still being made, I just assumed everything was poo poo by now

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Yeah it's an adaptation of a manga that started in the 80s but that doesn't make it any less good. They're currently on Part 3 of the manga, which introduces the concepts of Stands which are LITERALLY the same thing as Persona. From what I hear a huge chunk of the feel and story of Persona 4 is straight from Jojo's Part 4 too. Imagine Persona 4 where every single character is Kanji

Space Dandy: People were dissapointed because they were expecting the next Cowboy Bebop since it's the same creator, except this time what he did is give a different guest director and writer control over every episode which leads to some out there stuff like a speed racer inspired episode that ends with Dandy getting lost in time and finding out he has become a god, or an episode that has like 3 minutes of no dialogue that is basically an LSD trip, or an episode where a zombie outbreak happens but the zombies win in like 10 minutes and the rest of the episode is just exploring the ramifications of a universe where everyone is a zombie

Ping Pong: They play ping pong and there are emotions

Makes you wonder if Persona 5 is about joining the yakuza :tinfoil:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Butt Ghost posted:

Because she's an Ace Detective.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Naoto must have some repressed issues to be imagining Chie looking like that when torture comes to mind.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Naoto must have some repressed issues to be imagining Chie looking like that when torture comes to mind.

More like some repressed epic win.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

So beside Christmas in episode 8, are there any other can't miss episodes of the Golden anime like the festival and P3 trip/king game episodes were for the original anime?

Toadsniff
Apr 10, 2006

Fire Down Below: Crab Company 2

Endorph posted:

You just don't understand the screams of my pathos, Endorph.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

projecthalaxy posted:

So beside Christmas in episode 8, are there any other can't miss episodes of the Golden anime like the festival and P3 trip/king game episodes were for the original anime?

two adachi episodes about adachi

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

The anime's interpretation of Yu is pretty fun too, basically as if someone was 100%ing the game by picking all of the sarcastic and silly dialogue options.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Anime Yu is only cool in the original anime. Golden Anime gave no shits because its just the Marie Show guest starring some other unimportant chucklefucks.

e; Do YOU love Marie as much as the Golden writers and want to see people fawn over Marie being so ~*cool*~ and ~*perfect*~ moreso than even the game version of Golden? Then the Golden anime is for you, since everyone and their fox does it there.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

Anime Yu is only cool in the original anime. Golden Anime gave no shits because its just the Marie Show guest starring some other unimportant chucklefucks.

e; Do YOU love Marie as much as the Golden writers and want to see people fawn over Marie being so ~*cool*~ and ~*perfect*~ moreso than even the game version of Golden? Then the Golden anime is for you, since everyone and their fox does it there.

i thought the golden anime sorta squandered the "New Game+" gimmick they had for Yu, instead of him figuring things out really fast they just ignore the actual Persona 4 plot entirely and made 8 or 9 episodes about marie butting her way into events she was barely involved with in the game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

It also clearly has Nazi pirate Chie.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Excels posted:

i thought the golden anime sorta squandered the "New Game+" gimmick they had for Yu, instead of him figuring things out really fast they just ignore the actual Persona 4 plot entirely and made 8 or 9 episodes about marie butting her way into events she was barely involved with in the game

It would have been pretty great if during his first fight in the golden anime he summons Satan or Mara.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Freak Futanari posted:

More like some repressed epic win.
I dunno about you guys, but I get repressed boners.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

It would have been pretty great if during his first fight in the golden anime he summons Satan or Mara.

well he summons izanagi but tbf he uses some ridiculous high level maziodyne or something that kills like a billion dudes at once

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ping Pong: They play ping pong and there are emotions

Please watch Ping Pong The Animation

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Excels posted:

well he summons izanagi but tbf he uses some ridiculous high level maziodyne or something that kills like a billion dudes at once

I will not be happy until one of the P4 anime series shows Yu and Mara fighting in a totally serious situation.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Unfortunately neither series the balls to include Mara.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Episode 2 has Yu trying to balance several events at once. That's pretty good. Chie and Ai get into a fashion battle.

Adachi's episodes are 6&7 but it's framed by Marie warning Yu about him.

The last episode has a funny moment between Yu and Nanako, but the rest of it is about Yu and Marie.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Butt Ghost posted:

I dunno about you guys, but I get repressed boners.

Tfw an anime girl will never dress up as a cleavage nazi and beat you up...

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Freak Futanari posted:

Tfw an anime girl will never dress up as a cleavage nazi and beat you up...

That's a bad feel.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

SMT IV question:
I'm at the alignment lock and depending on what answer I give I'm getting either the Law or Chaos path. Does that mean I'm stuck in a hotspot in points where the decision is hitting me out of the neutral path?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

SMT IV question:
I'm at the alignment lock and depending on what answer I give I'm getting either the Law or Chaos path. Does that mean I'm stuck in a hotspot in points where the decision is hitting me out of the neutral path?

Yeah, if you have a save from slightly earlier you should be able to get neutral pretty easily.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Let me go tell Kenji I don't think the weak and strong can be equal

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He'll forgive you, Kenji's a cool dude.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Golden Goat posted:

SMT IV question:

Yeah that basically means you were too neutral for the neutral path, at between +2 and -2 alignment. Bit silly isn't it?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Bland posted:

Yeah that basically means you were too neutral for the neutral path, at between +2 and -2 alignment. Bit silly isn't it?

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew thee out of My mouth.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Over 500 new posts, clearly some new game was announced or a new trailer of P5 was shown or

Endorph posted:

Quidditch wasn't that bad in the books but the quidditch scenes went on for like fifteen minutes of aimless flying around in the movies

Oh. Right, carry on then. At least you were all spared from (more of) my bad Persona opinions.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

My bad opinion is that Marie isn't that bad a character get over it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Marie was an important addition to the game as her 90s bubblegum punk aesthetic filled a major hole in the waifu taxonomy, which is important to Atlus's bottom line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Marie is important because she shows the player how annoying Yu would be if he weren't the MC.