Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

raditts posted:

It's how he pronounces his stage name.

It is a gimmick (his given name is pronounced with the hard T) but I don't think he used it solely for the purposes of TDS/TCR. You know, like how Stewart is not Jon Stewart's last name.

It's pronounced STEW-AIR. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I'm really hoping Colbert totally destroys John McCain rather than softballing him.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Echo Chamber posted:

I'm really hoping Colbert totally destroys John McCain rather than softballing him.

He doesn't need to. McCain destroys himself with his poor choices and century old ideas.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This is gonna be another one of those anger inducing episodes, isn't it.

edit: I had no idea Fox News had built up such a cadre of uncle toms.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So fox doesn't even try to pretend its not horribly, early 60s South racist anymore?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Napolitano is on again?? I don't know whether he has this guy or O'Reilly on more. Neither of them are interviews worth listening to.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god Steven you little dork. :kimchi:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Did Colbert just quote a Twitter post from one of the MST3K guys?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yes, also I stand with Colbert on Sabergate

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yes, also I stand with Colbert on Sabergate

Suck it, Greg!

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

Napolitano is on again?? I don't know whether he has this guy or O'Reilly on more. Neither of them are interviews worth listening to.
I'm gonna be completely honest- that interview actually didn't make me want to pull my hair out and wish for Napolitano's head on a stick. He brought up the fact that Congress refuses to reign in Obama and other presidents when it comes to war, and he also talked about the American citizen that was killed by a drone strike and the judicial system's compliance in that. Of course, at the end of the interview he invoked the government using fear to raise taxes and increase regulations, so he wasn't completely sane throughout the interview.

Did Jon bring up police brutality at all in the extended interview? I want to see Napolitano change from small-government libertarian to pants-making GBS threads fascist rhetoric spewer in a matter of seconds.

Edit: Not to take away from Colbert's excellent take on the new lightsaber, but the tweet he featured was by one of the MST3K and Rifftrax contributors.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 2, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
How little have things changed

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I wonder if the St. Louis police will say they were offended with Jeff Fisher saying the team won't apologize.

:laffo: Nickelback

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 3, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Larry Wilmore is so good, I can't wait for him to get his own show soon.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

I hope when Bill O'Reily dies he gets the old trapdoor straight to hell

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope when Bill O'Reily dies he gets the old trapdoor straight to hell

God, gently caress that doughy shitbag so much.

Sair
May 11, 2007

I'm going to miss The Word.

katium
Jun 26, 2006

Purrs like a kitten.
What the gently caress, TGIFridays?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Haha Gaga forgetting what order their things were was great.

Also these two rule together.

berserker
Aug 17, 2003

My love for you
is ticking clock
gently caress man, every time I see anything with Lady Gaga in it I respect her more. She's fantastic.

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
"Gosh, I couldn't be more proud sittin' next to ya here today, on the news." :allears:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

berserker posted:

gently caress man, every time I see anything with Lady Gaga in it I respect her more. She's fantastic.

She's nearing that category Prince is in where she can be as weird as she wants because she's ridiculously good at pretty much everything she does.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

berserker posted:

She always seems like she is both on the verge of anxiety from nerves and also xanax.

I like it.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Part of me kind of wishes the NFL did punish the Rams players for the hands up, just for the shitstorm it would cause so soon after Ray Rice was reinstated.

Something might be wrong with me.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mo0 posted:

She's nearing that category Prince is in where she can be as weird as she wants because she's ridiculously good at pretty much everything she does.

Lady Gaga is very talented.
Lady Gaga is nowhere near Prince talented.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

raditts posted:

Lady Gaga is very talented.
Lady Gaga is nowhere near Prince talented.

Lady Gaga wishes she could be David Bowie, and he is in the Prince category. :colbert:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

BigRed0427 posted:

Part of me kind of wishes the NFL did punish the Rams players for the hands up, just for the shitstorm it would cause so soon after Ray Rice was reinstated.

Something might be wrong with me.

They should ban Darren Wilson from NFL games is what they should do.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
More team names with racial slurs and mandatory concussions.

Congratulations, nation's cops; you made the NFL sympathetic.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

bobkatt013 posted:

Lady Gaga wishes she could be David Bowie, and he is in the Prince category. :colbert:

That's unfair. Gaga and Prince are only human. David Bowie is some kind of magic elf thing.

Jorghnassen
Oct 1, 2007
Glouton des fjords

Soylentbits posted:

That's unfair. Gaga and Prince are only human. David Bowie is some kind of magic elf thing.

You mean a Goblin King.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh come on Jon you know ambassador slots have literally always been a way to stroke off your buddies.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Oh come on Jon you know ambassador slots have literally always been a way to stroke off your buddies.

Yeah, like this is obviously a nepotism thing but I didn't know that ambassador positions ever were anything but a nepotism thing.

edit: So is TDS finally getting around to highlighting how little charities put toward research and the Komen Foundation's love for litigation?

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 4, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Yes poo poo on that loving bullshit Breast Cancer scam

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Wow, pink fracking materials. This is even worse. :stare:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
You know I get sick of the stupid 'Komen literally hasn't cured cancer yet gently caress EM' but yea, this was a crazy thing they should be ashamed of.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

This is why I tell my parent's I don't want to work in the oil and gas industry.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

You know I get sick of the stupid 'Komen literally hasn't cured cancer yet gently caress EM' but yea, this was a crazy thing they should be ashamed of.
They aren't looking for a cure because that would mean they wouldn't have a reason to make money.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Pink benzine! Open it!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I have literally never heard that thing you wrote said by anyone, but there are things like the fact that they spend a tiny fraction of what they receive on actual cancer research and happily sue the gently caress out of any organization that might have the gall to have the words "the cure" in their name.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

raditts posted:

I have literally never heard that thing you wrote said by anyone, but there are things like the fact that they spend a tiny fraction of what they receive on actual cancer research and happily sue the gently caress out of any organization that might have the gall to have the words "the cure" in their name.

They actually super spend a majority of their stuff on the charity itself. http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4509 Literally the only thing that caused the 'they barely spend anything on cancer' bullshit is a bunch of people finding out that the ceo makes a decent bit of money, ergo clearly she's just doing nothing.

Also their bullshit suits are just the same as how Disney fucks over places that paint Micky and poo poo, it's more a symptom of the hosed up copyright/trademark system more than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I want to go to the Stromboli Yurt.

• Locked thread