Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Sire Oblivion posted:

This is awful.

Do you hate fun and/or the voice of Master Hand having fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I hate bad attempts at comedy.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
What's the trick to staying alive in crazy orders? I seem to get to round 5 before I'm up to 120% or so and say gently caress it and go for crazy hand.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

seiferguy posted:

What's the trick to staying alive in crazy orders? I seem to get to round 5 before I'm up to 120% or so and say gently caress it and go for crazy hand.

Get good

Also ignore the giant fights unless there's a prize you really want, even a single accidental hit is upwards of 20% damage and that adds up

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

seiferguy posted:

Get a KO healer badge, and do horde battles.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

greatn posted:

An error code? Oh poo poo! I need to immediately format my system!

Yes, that's exactly how it went down. TBH any full grown human who buys children's games from a veritable ponzi scheme of a company probably deserves to have their toys broken.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

TheKingofSprings posted:

Get good

Also ignore the giant fights unless there's a prize you really want, even a single accidental hit is upwards of 20% damage and that adds up

I actually find the giant fights to be the easiest ones to get out of unscathed. The hitbox is so huge that you can pretty much just sit back and spam projectiles until you get them up high enough for an easy ko.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

treat posted:

Yes, that's exactly how it went down. TBH any full grown human who buys children's games from a veritable ponzi scheme of a company probably deserves to have their toys broken.

:captainpop:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Brawl_Codec_conversations

A Nintendo game will never have voice acted conversations this good ever again

OTACON. THERE'S A CHIMPANZEE HERE WEARING A NINTENDO HAT.

He sounds so panicked when he says it. It's funny because he plays it completely straight too. I guess Megaman and Pac Man fit Smash better but Snake was the most excited a Smash announcement ever made me.

I'm really happy that someone at Nintendo decided to have voiced conversations of Snake and the Codec crew yelling about Nintendo characters and how much fun the voice cast put into it. They're all dumb and funny and still reference Metal Gear things and it hits a good vein MGS style surrealism of it.

Please bring back Snake.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mabels big day posted:

Get a KO healer badge, and do horde battles.

I keep forgetting that equipment is a thing in this game. I suppose it's not much different than stickers in Brawl. I suppose I could also use the Vampire Brawn Badge too.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
It's great how Snake just disses Sonic. Otacon tries to convince him that Sonic is a big star and a great addition to the cast and Snake is just like "nope, he sucks."

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

treat posted:

Do you know what a ponzi scheme is?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

treat posted:

what

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

treat posted:

I wish I could bronze this post.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

treat posted:

Please put this in the OP.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Moltrey posted:

I'm really happy that someone at Nintendo decided to have voiced conversations of Snake and the Codec crew yelling about Nintendo characters and how much fun the voice cast put into it. They're all dumb and funny and still reference Metal Gear things and it hits a good vein MGS style surrealism of it.

Please bring back Snake.

I think the way the Metal Gear franchise was trying to be seen as made Sakurai apparently not even consider Snake for the last two years. Like, yeah we've got a bunch of silly stuff now in Phantom Pain like Fulton-recovering wildlife and using BB to sneak around with, but a lot of the conception and advertising around Ground Zeroes especially was about how much lower Big Boss was sinking into his MSX-era Outer Heaven mindset and went to some pretty dark places.

I mean the ending to Ground Zeroes alone was basically this.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Does my Amiibo need to be in a match with either a human player or another amiibo to farm CDs? I put him in a match with a CPU and I know he picked up at least one CD but I don't know if I actually got it.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

mabels big day posted:

Does my Amiibo need to be in a match with either a human player or another amiibo to farm CDs? I put him in a match with a CPU and I know he picked up at least one CD but I don't know if I actually got it.

Don't you have to go rescan them in the amiibo menu to get the stuff they pick up?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Deviant posted:

Don't you have to go rescan them in the amiibo menu to get the stuff they pick up?

I don't know how the gift stuff works, I'm not sure if the stuff you choose from this menu is the same stuff they pick up. I have been checking that, but I see no CDs, just some custom equipment, coins, and moves (i always take the moves)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Moltrey posted:

Please bring back Snake.

Yeah, the secret MG dialog was better then any in MGS4. I'd pay all the money to have him come back as DLC. I just wonder who they would use as his voice actor if so.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hopefully Chip and Ironicus.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Played an online match. Lag is still poo poo, Shulk still has ridiculous range.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Where is that video someone posted of ganondorf doing the Target Blast challenges? I don't like target blast.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

PantsBandit posted:

It's great how Snake just disses Sonic. Otacon tries to convince him that Sonic is a big star and a great addition to the cast and Snake is just like "nope, he sucks."

He hates Sonic because snakes and hedgehogs are enemies irl. So there's some meta humour for you.

pissdude
Jul 15, 2003

(and can't post for 6 years!)

Phone posted:

Played an online match. Lag is still poo poo, Shulk still has ridiculous range.

Play with friends or play 1v1 For Glory, bam

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Maple Leaf posted:

He hates Sonic because snakes and hedgehogs are enemies irl. So there's some meta humour for you.

In the Japanese version Snake's VA voices Eggman too.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah I was about to say if it's japanese it must have been a VA Injoke

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug

Kurtofan posted:

Do you know what a ponzi scheme is?

Look at this idiot who doesn't know you can get Nintendo to invest your money for 50-100% returns!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Yeah I was about to say if it's japanese it must have been a VA Injoke

This is also why Snake and Otacon have a Falcon Punch/Kick off. Otacon's Japanese voice is the voice of Captain Falcon in the F-Zero anime.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

mabels big day posted:

Where is that video someone posted of ganondorf doing the Target Blast challenges? I don't like target blast.

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W32Rw3f3lcs

Siselmo
Jun 16, 2013

hey there

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Actually, Eggman's VA and Snake's VA are father and son :eng101:

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Siselmo posted:

Actually, Eggman's VA and Snake's VA are father and son :eng101:

Well, the Japanese versions, anyways. And to drive it all home, they weren't even on speaking terms when this stuff was recorded. Though, after MGS4, they seem to have reconciled somewhat. So that's nice.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

bman in 2288 posted:

Well, the Japanese versions, anyways. And to drive it all home, they weren't even on speaking terms when this stuff was recorded. Though, after MGS4, they seem to have reconciled somewhat. So that's nice.

It was the graveyard scene in MGS4 that brought them back together. Say what you will about it, someone at KojiPro engineered a legitimate father-son reunion out of that scene.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Callick posted:

Play with friends or play 1v1 For Glory, bam

I've only played 1v1 For Glory. Still a laggy mess.

Pegged Lamb
Nov 5, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
if youre playing wifi turn off your phone. it honestly made a difference in the 3ds version

Forbidden Donut
Mar 19, 2006
mmm....
I have to say I've found that if anyone in the house is using Netflix or something similar the lag is really bad, but fine without.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

When I play online I will sometimes get half-second input lag that the person I'm fighting doesn't seem to be suffering, but sometimes I won't have that lag at all. I put the WiiU in the router's DMZ and have it connected to ethernet, so I don't know what could possibly be doing this. Do you have to do something more than just plugging the ethernet adapter into the system to get it to use that signal instead of wifi?

Cryptic Wizard
Aug 21, 2008
I think so, yes. My experience with it led me to believe it's not like a sane and modern device that chooses the best signal available to it, you probably have to set it up to use the wired connection manually.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Yo codenameFANGIO, your custom Miis are pretty cool. Loved the Jeff one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Turkey Story
Mar 30, 2003

ID: ThatTurkeyStory