Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

himurak posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the posters who still post here are on my ignore list. If people still want to have actual discussion while we still enjoy the game then just post it and ignore the people who you don't feel like seeing.

I'm looking forward to the red dragon rush when that's released soon and 1.7 should be out shortly thereafter. Stock up on buff pots because you'll need them to survive the 55 instance.

On another note, does anyone have some :words: on the underwater dungeon? What drops there, mechanics, need of dahuda's potions?

this person has a good handle on how the ignore list works on SA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its funny because if he hadn't done that weirdo sidenote and just asked about whatever the gently caress dungeon he might have actually gotten an answer

lol

also the people who use the ignore list on sa are funny

eonwe fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 3, 2014

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Not sure about any under water dungeon, but I quit after Egypt.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Arcade posted:

Not sure about any under water dungeon, but I quit after Egypt.

this is a legitimately good post

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

himurak posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the posters who still post here are on my ignore list. If people still want to have actual discussion while we still enjoy the game then just post it and ignore the people who you don't feel like seeing.

I'm looking forward to the red dragon rush when that's released soon and 1.7 should be out shortly thereafter. Stock up on buff pots because you'll need them to survive the 55 instance.

On another note, does anyone have some :words: on the underwater dungeon? What drops there, mechanics, need of dahuda's potions?

himurak posted:

13 pages and about 5 posts per page. I'm going to assume the trolls came back, since they're the only ones ignored on my profile. Everyone should do exactly what I did and enter the cesspool of the video game helldump just to block them all. Moderation doesn't exist here and never will as long as Kewpah is in charge so just deal with it yourselves.

I also assume I came up at some point, I'm Feely for the people too dumb to make the connection. I stand by my statement, trolls need to get committed since they can't actually deal with their issues in their own lives.

Too East Too Furrious numbers are finally starting to pick up a little bit and things are slowly getting organized. Thanks westerners who have been helping us out.

himurak posted:

As recommend by Kewpuh I am posting my issues with his moderation of The MMO HMO here. The mod's job is to enforce the rules when they are broken and at least two rules have been broken repeatedly with no consequences to the offenders.

Games Rules in Question:

1) A low content post is something that has nothing to do with the topic, like posting a single period or something equally useless.

2) Go ahead and post fanart, videos, and such media without any other content. That's content enough to justify posting! Just don't loving spam lovely meme pictures.

This has now happened on several different occasions with several different people. His response is as follows.

Kewpah posted:

A couple things:

I've tried to make this clear in a lot of places, and I'll try to do it here. My thoughts on trolling in general is that it's usually warranted and it's even more easily disregarded. The thread was fine for a few days besides some sporadic goofy posts and everyone seemed to move on just fine without being easily baited into whatever the current situation is now. I guess I just don't see what's so hard about not getting baited. I could absolutely ding people for doing it but as a realist I know that it will never ever stop while people continue to fall for the poo poo.

As far as Tokaii goes, I've said a few times that I never thought you were defending pedophilia or anything else. I thought you just had a pretty bad lapse in judgment when you thought that semantics of all things was the right thing to post. You got rightly made fun of but god drat man it's really easy to shrug it off. It's seriously as simple as "haha gently caress i'm an idiot I don't know why I typed that poo poo"

If you are seriously perturbed with my moderation in general, I urge you to make a thread about it in QCS where an admin will see it.

I applaud him for directing my to QCS so it can be handled, but I honestly don't care what his thoughts are about trolling. People are breaking the rules and he is not enforcing them period.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
loving kewpuh!!!!!! :argh:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
As none of you are on my ignored profile, I am going to assume that you guys are still posting.

I made blood magic in the secret world.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
lol that dude takes the internet too seriously

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
himurak is Too East Too Furrious about MMO HMO moderation!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
by the way, if any of you people enjoy video games & posting about video games, you should swing by the imp zone

kewpuh will use his corrupt mod powers to shield you from any and all probations

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

loving lol

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

by the way, if any of you people enjoy video games & posting about video games, you should swing by the imp zone

kewpuh will use his corrupt mod powers to shield you from any and all probations

That really is the silver lining of playing ArcheAge. I got to learn how cool imp zone is, and how nice most of you are.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wasn't even part of the imp zone either! They came into the AA thread after that whole BFM stuff, and, well here we are.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Maybe they should close Games and just keep Imp Zone open.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

So many dicks just got hard.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
This is a picture of me reading this thread.

I am so happy I am literally crying irl right now about what we have gone through together in these threads.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

himurak posted:

I might play this game more than 15min a day/ 1hr weekend days if there is promise of having all the cool stuff in korea by like, feb/march at the latest.
I doubt 1.7 will be out by then.

If there is anything specifically cool coming out in the next month I'm interested.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
What "cool stuff" is in the Korean version but not the western version?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Koreans.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

I wasn't even part of the imp zone either! They came into the AA thread after that whole BFM stuff, and, well here we are.

Isn't Unji Korean?

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
:qqsay:

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Calm down. Rickroll anecdotes, etc.

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Chomp8645 posted:

What "cool stuff" is in the Korean version but not the western version?

Aren't dwarves out there?
Totally roll one of those.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ThndrShk2k posted:

And after dwarfs, fairies. :3: We'd all need to reroll as fairies.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ThndrShk2k posted:

If Archeage had dwarves and orks ripped right out of Warhammer I think that would be an improvement.

himurak
Jun 13, 2003

Where was that save the world button again?
A rough translation of the patch notes for 1.7 have been posted. Let's discuss:

1.7 patch class changes in KR version of archeage

BATTLERAGE
Sunder Earth no longer gives 1-3 stacks of inspire.
Bondbreaker increased to 5 seconds.
Precision Strike Critical Hit damage is 70% from 100% and bonus Critical Hit Chance from behind 24% from 30%.
Tiger Strike now causes Exhaust on the target if you have Frenzy active.

WITCHCRAFT
Earthen Grip damage modifier reduced to 200% from 300% of magic attack
Enervate damage modifier reduced to 200% from 300% of magic attack
Enervate cooldown increased to 24 seconds from 18
Fiend’s Knell (55 skill) summoned for 20 seconds from 30 (level 55 skill)

DEFENCE
Revitalizing cheer - 100% of mettle converted to health.
Redoubt can be activated while tripped to remove trip (Similar to shrug it off).
Imprison reduced to 15 seconds from 20.
Invincibility reduced from 12 seconds to 9 seconds.
-Passives-
Supplemental Block Rate increased to 18% from 15% .
Shield Edge internal CD reduced to 20 seconds from 30 seconds (if triggered too often).
Shield of Steel defense increased to 900 from 700.
Increase health from Bear’s Vigors to 900 from 800

AURAMANCY
Thwart Inspire buff duration changed to 16 seconds from 15 seconds
Shrug It Off duration changed to 5 seconds from 4 seconds
Inspiration Cloak internal cooldown reduced to 20 seconds from 30 (if triggered too often)
-Passives-
Unassailable internal cooldown reduced to 20 seconds from 30 (if triggered too often)
Improved Targeting Melee Accuracy increased to 5% from 3%
Improved Targeting Melee Critical Rate increased to 3% from 2%
Magic Condenser Magic Accuracy increased to 5% from 3%
Magic Condenser Magical Critical Rate increased to 3% from 2%

OCCULTISM
-Passives-
Reprisal duration increased to 12 seconds from 10 seconds
Reprisal internal cooldown changed to 20 seconds from 30 (if triggered too often)
Overpowered Spell Locust duration reduced to 6 seconds
Intensified Harm cooldown changed to 20 seconds from 30 (if triggered too often)

ARCHERY
Piercing shot bleeding damage bonus removed.
Endless Arrows no longer accumulates bloodthirst.
Deadeye modified to 10 base damage plus 20 damage every 3 seconds for 10 seconds.
Immunity to snipe lowered from 10 seconds to 6 seconds after an enemy is damaged.
snipe also hits targets within 3m of each side. (level 55 skill)
Concussive Arrow now applies "stiffness" could be a slow its a bad translation.
-Passives-
Eagle Eyes increased ranged accuracy from +3% to +5%
Eagle Eyes increased ranged crit rate from +2% to +3%
Evasion passive from 8% to 10%
Sharpshooting additional ranged crit damage from 20% to 30%

SORCERY
nerf to chain lightning will add at a later date bad translation
-passive-
Mana Pool increase changed to 18% from 15%
Efficient Sorcery reduces mana cost to 18% from 15%

SHADOWPLAY
shadowplay has really bad translations there are more changes will add at a later date
Consecutive Evasion bonus increased to 18% from 15%

SONGCRAFT
will add more changes at a later date (translation issues)
Hold the note duration increased to 15 seconds from 10 seconds
Loudspeaker range reduced to 20m from (22?) 25m
Zeal critical rate increase duration increased 9 seconds from 6 seconds
Zeal internal cooldown reduced to 20 seconds from 30 (if triggered too often)

VITALISM
Renewal increased healing or increased chance to proc no hard numbers yet

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Those are numbers. I like numbers. Both when they go and and they go down.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan

himurak posted:

Let's discuss:

no

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i would discuss but i think you have me on your fictional ignore list and that would require you to click to view my post

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

himurak posted:

A rough translation of the patch notes for 1.7 have been posted. Let's discuss:

* Beatdown will no longer apply its knockback effect to subsequent attacks.
* Paradigm Shift has been redesigned. It now provides a 30% chance to gain the Minor Hit Chance effect whenever you apply the Weakened state. The reason for this change is to differentiate it from Call Your Shots.
* Fatal Flourish has been redesigned. It now builds 1 Fatal Flourish counter every time you apply the Afflicted state. When the count reaches 8 the next attack will penetrate and reset the count. The reason for this change is to make it different than the Dark Potency passive.
* Exploitation has been updated to provide a 33% chance to cleanse 1 effect from yourself whenever you hit a Hindered target. The reason for this change is to make it different than the Perjury passive.
* Increased the damage dealt by the Sudden Return passive ability.
* Contortionist will now remove only Hinder and Impair effects.
* Fixed an issue which caused the stun component of Art of War to trigger even when the damage was evaded or glanced.
* Defensive Turret will now apply its effect more reliably.
* Passives which trigger when applying Hinder effects will no longer trigger if the target is immune to Hinder effects.
* Deadly Aim’s duration will now be refreshed when reapplied.
* Fixed a tooltip error with the Probability buff.
* Fixed an issue where Bushwhack’s Obstruction effect did not last as long as it should.
* The Charge effect when attached to a whip and triggered with Whip it Good will now hit reliably.
* Win Win will now remove two stacks of the cleanseable dungeon debuffs.
* Pistol Love will now remove three stacks of the cleanseable dungeon debuffs.
* Cleansing Drone will now remove two stacks of the cleanseable dungeon debuffs if the target is Hindered when the drone is summoned.
* Cry Havoc’s damaging ground area will now trigger correctly on any impaired targets.
* Cry Havoc’s damaging ground area will now display properly in the combat log.
* Updated the description of Cannonball to clarify which abilities it affects.
* Cannonball will now trigger from Death from Above and Flicker.
* Lock, Stock & Barrel will now consume and trigger properly when using Shotgun Turret and Defensive Turret.
* Fixed a tooltip issue with Hog Wild.
* Burst of Energy now works with Call for Eris.
* Fixed an issue with the HoT effect of the quantum ability Charge.
* Tooltips for barrier effects will now show the current value left on the barrier instead of showing the full value.
* Increased the selection radius of Chain attacks so they work more reliably at selecting their maximum number of targets.
* Updated the tooltip for Increased Dosage to show the healing range for 1-5 resources.
* Increased the cooldown of Tear Gas to 4 seconds to match other ranged resource consuming abilities.
* Reduced the damage of the extra hit to Safety Off caused by Extra Bullet.
* Fixed a problem with Flight of Daggers.
* Start & Finish should now benefit properly from all passive abilities.
* Bond, Strong Bond will no longer incorrectly trigger Focus subtype passives.
* Clarified Live Wire’s tooltip to indicate that it triggers off the 5th critical hit.
* Updated description of Burst of Energy to specify that it only works with damaging abilities.
* Corrected damage numbers in the tooltip for Bone Breaker.
* Pressure Point and Elemental Force can no longer be removed via right click.
* Soft Target should now apply ranged resources to your primary target when triggered.
* The recharge modification from Rocket Science will now apply to Death from Above even if the jump kills you.
* Fixed an issue where some HoT abilities were treated as active heals.
* Reduced the total critical hit and penetrating hit chance on all abilities which hit multiple times per second. This is not a total normalization, but reduces their chances to be more in line with single hit abilities.

:shrug:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bet im on his ignore list. Lets pretend Im saying something important and not calling him a gay baby.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
its ok ive got this covered

himurak is a gay baby

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
barzoople

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

You know, if we actually did discuss it himurak would never know.

Deutsch Nozzle
Mar 29, 2008

#1 Macklemore fan
whats that thing they throw in the olympics? discuss.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its funny because had he not thrown in that comment we might have made a funny comment or two and then there would have been patch discussion

hell I would have discussed it a little

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

:smug: heh you think nerds acting dumb is funny? you should be less pathetic and watch TV like me :smug:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
1.7 lets you pay taxes in advance, which would have helped the people whose land ran out during those 21+ hours of downtime. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I honestly don't get why people would wait that long to pay their taxes

tax certs are super cheap, and if all you are doing is logging in and paying your taxes then you have 5000 labor and they are free

• Locked thread