Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Cat Terrist posted:

They couldn't be more obvious Inhumans are about to be introduced and quite likely next week.

Even assuming we're talking about Inhumans, that depends what you mean by "introduced." I have a feeling we won't get much more exposition about the Kree next episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Deadpool posted:

A major shakeup perhaps? Sorry, don't want to get to too Gotham-y there.

A Gotham level major shakeup? Is Skye gonna be put in charge of lanyards?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

JerikTelorian posted:

If Agent Carter is a smash hit, though, I suspect that crew will come back for another look at SHIELD.

Are there really that many people who would watch Agent Carter that aren't already watching shield?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Are there really that many people who would watch Agent Carter that aren't already watching shield?

Eh, you might get people that liked her in Captain America but weren't sold on a SHIELD show watching it

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Deadpool posted:

The show has been ticking up the last few episodes but this episode was up almost several hundred thousand viewers from last. (5.30 million vs 4.58 million) I'm happy to see the show firing on all cylinders is bringing people back. Or if it's not that then whatever it is.

I hope the midseason break doesn't kill it's momentum. :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I admittedly know nothing about comic book TV/movie demographics. Maybe Agent Carter will pull in the Alias crowd that wasn't watching SHIELD? I know someone was posting about how they have a friend who loves AoS but hasn't watched any of the movies so who knows?

Deadpool posted:

A major shakeup perhaps? Sorry, don't want to get to too Gotham-y there.

Muad'Dad and Skyeward form a happy family!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Azhais posted:

A Gotham level major shakeup? Is Skye gonna be put in charge of lanyards?

She doesn't have enough identical sisters to be trusted with that level of security.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Muad'Dad riding lockjaw to save them all!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Here's a cover to an upcoming Inhumans comic. Might want to pay close attention to the flooring.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Is that the comic that theoretically should have come out last year or so and has been delayed forever?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

e X posted:

Is that the comic that theoretically should have come out last year or so and has been delayed forever?

Not that I know of? I mean there was an Inhuman comic that started earlier this year and got delayed because of a notoriously slow as hell artist but they got rid of him after a couple issues and put someone else on. Now it comes out on time every two weeks. It also has a new Inhuman character that is pretty awesome and would fit in great on this show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

mikeraskol posted:

They basically confirmed Inhumans in last night's episode. I'm not sure what else you need.

And they flat-out confirmed Inhumans in next week's trailer.

Raina: "Now we see what we will become" It ain't subtle.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Deadpool posted:

Might want to pay close attention to the flooring.

Everytime I do that my eyes get fixed on that dog. Just look at this happy little puppy.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Deadpool posted:

Here's a cover to an upcoming Inhumans comic. Might want to pay close attention to the flooring.

Proof that Buddy is an Inhuman.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Deadpool posted:

Not that I know of? I mean there was an Inhuman comic that started earlier this year and got delayed because of a notoriously slow as hell artist but they got rid of him after a couple issues and put someone else on. Now it comes out on time every two weeks. It also has a new Inhuman character that is pretty awesome and would fit in great on this show.

I think that is the one I am talking about. All I knew was that the "Inhumanity" event they hyped after Infinity never happened because the central comic got delayed. I don't really have a local comic shop, so unless I make an effort to keep up with this kind of news, I easily fall out of the loop.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

Actually that's Skye. Her powers are going to come as a shock to everyone

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Deadpool posted:

It also has a new Inhuman character that is pretty awesome and would fit in great on this show.

What is the character called so I can look it up, read, and then hardcore speculate.

Honestly I do hope Skye gets powers. Last season I would have said blah, but she's 100x better this season. The fight with fake May was great.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Deadpool posted:

Have you come around to thinking it's Inhumans now? Also, that writing has been in the background of the Inhuman logo for ages.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

PriorMarcus posted:

Have you come around to thinking it's Inhumans now? Also, that writing has been in the background of the Inhuman logo for ages.

I've always thought it was possible that it was The Inhumans but I just wasn't sure enough to make that guess. I still don't think the city is Attilan. Or at least an 'in use' Attilan. And I know for sure they're not going to do anything with Inhuman culture or the royal family which severely limits what they will be able to do on the show. I think if they do go down that road they most they can do is introduce a few new Inhumans and maybe use it to explain Skye and that be it. But it just as easily could all be a big fakeout.

mikeraskol posted:

What is the character called so I can look it up, read, and then hardcore speculate.

Honestly I do hope Skye gets powers. Last season I would have said blah, but she's 100x better this season. The fight with fake May was great.

Frank McGee is the new character.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Kheldarn posted:

Also, I've been sick all week, and while attempting to sleep last night, my mind kept wandering back to the question someone asked earlier in the thread: How are they going to get away from the HYDRA planes that just got the order to shoot them down?

My brain said that May will turn off the engines, making the S.H.I.E.L.D. plane plummet, and then she'll pull a Han Solo, and fly out of there in a fancy Millennium Falcon maneuver.

I think that there is a good chance that some crazy Ward-plan will save the bus - he has to keep his word to Skye. :shepface:

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

imperialparadox posted:

I think that there is a good chance that some crazy Ward-plan will save the bus - he has to keep his word to Skye. :shepface:

That's an option. I wouldn't be surprised if we find he managed to somehow sabatoge the computer systems, giving him a portable override button he can use.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

imperialparadox posted:

If they keep up with Wildcard Ward in going to be pretty happy with that. Fortunately they don't seem inclined to have everyone come around to him again.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

JerikTelorian posted:

If they keep up with Wildcard Ward in going to be pretty happy with that. Fortunately they don't seem inclined to have everyone come around to him again.

I'd be happy with an Anti-hero ward. Though I don't know how they could have a constant appearance on the show though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Barry Convex posted:

Even assuming we're talking about Inhumans, that depends what you mean by "introduced." I have a feeling we won't get much more exposition about the Kree next episode.

They are flat out basically saying it's Inhumans.

Why on earth are you so disbelieving Inhumans are about to be introduced to the MCU?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Deadpool posted:

Oh wow, good eye.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
There were so many genuinely entertaining things from that last episode, most of it from Patton Oswalt, but in retrospect so much of it was also arbitrary padding. So much talking heads. At least those heads do manage to move around and actually do things instead of standing still delivering exposition like they did in season 1, but the show still hasn't completely shaken off the inborn DNA of boring-rear end exposition that dragged down so many of the season 1 episodes.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Well... yeah.

Though more seriously, has there ever been a comic plotline with animals getting powers from the Terrigen Mist?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

BreakAtmo posted:

Well... yeah.

Though more seriously, has there ever been a comic plotline with animals getting powers from the Terrigen Mist?

AFAIK there hasn't. Specifically, even Lockjaw is an Inhuman that turned into what he looks like now after exposure to the Terrigen Mists.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

SwissArmyDruid posted:

AFAIK there hasn't. Specifically, even Lockjaw is an Inhuman that turned into what he looks like now after exposure to the Terrigen Mists.

No, he's not. He's a dog. A big alien dog, but a dog.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I'm still watching this weeks episode. But holy hell do I love Patton Oswalt in this. He is loving perfect.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Other things he is really good in: Bob's Burgers when he is a guest, the movie Big Fan, Hus guest spots in Parks and Recreation. Lots of other stuff but those are my faves.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Deadpool posted:

No, he's not. He's a dog. A big alien dog, but a dog.

He's been both.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

He's been both.

We don't talk about that time he talked because that was stupid and was rightly made into the joke it was.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Cat Terrist posted:

They are flat out basically saying it's Inhumans.

Why on earth are you so disbelieving Inhumans are about to be introduced to the MCU?

Well, you see, it's because I said it was gonna happen, so of course nobody believed me because I am basically the ancient Trojan princess/priestess Cassandra and I am fated to tell it like it is but not have anyone believe me, especially forums poster Dan DiDidio, who insists that S.H.I.E.L.D. is gone despite evidence to the contrary.

Basically youse guys should all listen to me cause I'm wise and poo poo.

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Aw man, Mack we hardly knew ye! Though I do live in hope, we never saw a body.

It looked like the alien (Inhuman) script popped up on Mack's hand when he touched the symbol on the ground, could that be his powers activating?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Boru posted:

It looked like the alien (Inhuman) script popped up on Mack's hand when he touched the symbol on the ground, could that be his powers activating?

His full name is Mackagar Mackagon.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Some suggested Mack became an Alpha Primitive, but making a black guy into a slave creature seems wrong.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Boru posted:

Maybe have something to do with whatever Mack and Bobbi don't want Hunter to know or be part of?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Potsticker posted:

His full name is Mackagar Mackagon.

Mack Molt?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Phylodox posted:

Mack Molt?

No that would be silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I looked up Marvel characters with Red eyes and I think Mack is going to be Scott Summers!?!?

• Locked thread