Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Someone tweet and ask why he cares about Stone Cold's advice now when he ignored Austin's advice about the STF.

Charles Gnarwin fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fart blood posted:

Not that it matters, but I really, really, really, really, REALLY, REALLY HATE IT when anyone in any company anywhere says they want you to "step up." It makes me twitch angrily whenever I see it written or hear it said. It's such an empty phrase, it does nothing to offer guidance or solutions to existing problems, it's a cop-out for addressing any problem it pertains to no matter who says it, it can be used to easily vilify a person ("I fired him because he didn't step up"), and it's lifted from every single entrepreneurial self-help book on the planet. It's corporate confusion disguised as an order. It's empty promises and double-speak disguised as motivational speech. I can taste the bile in the back of my throat as I type this.

If you've ever told someone they need to "step up" in anything in life or work, kindly do the world a favor and catapult yourself face first into a wood chipper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKWRfv6JCQ0

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Why do you hate me?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
How is Cena not hated backstage? He's such a loving arse.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gonzo McFee posted:

Because someone in management will throw a fit if someone dares to suggest Cena's not as likable as they want everyone to believe instead of being, well, a normal person.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

The "assholes and scumbags" thread should have taught us all that if the worst thing a guy in the business does is be a company yes man, he's way ahead of the game.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The "assholes and scumbags" thread should have taught us all that if the worst thing a guy in the business does is be a company yes man, he's way ahead of the game.

There's being a scumbag and then there's being a blatant toady.

"Who's my favorite wrestler? Vince McMahon! Who do I want to work a program with? Vince McMahon! Who's to blame for the roster being miserable? Certainly not Vince McMahon!"

He's like an overly muscled Smithers to Vince's overly muscled Mr Burns.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Vince McMahon is my favorite wrestler too

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I like Vince McMahon the wrestler but not Vince McMahon the person.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

You mean sports entertainer.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
"WWE Superstar" :D

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The only worker with any real influence backstage is Cena and if you piss him off, may as well just quit because you're hosed.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

also don't get mad if he fucks your girlfriend

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

but equally don't do nothing if he fucks your girlfriend because then Vince will think you're not a real man and lose all respect for you.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I wish I was someone's girlfriend so John Cena would have sex with me

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

also don't get mad if he fucks your girlfriend

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
how dare you people talk bad about the only guy in the WWE that supports charties? :colbert:

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

dsriggs posted:

how dare you people talk bad about the only guy in the WWE that supports charties? :colbert:

Support better charities.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Support better charities.

Make-A-Wish is pretty cool.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

It was interesting in Punk's interview (and I've not seen anyone here bring it up) that lots of wrestlers including Punk do loads of Make A Wish appearances, but WWE only ever talks about Cena's. So, you know, Cena doing lots of charity work doesn't mean anything.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Alan_Shore posted:

It was interesting in Punk's interview (and I've not seen anyone here bring it up) that lots of wrestlers including Punk do loads of Make A Wish appearances, but WWE only ever talks about Cena's. So, you know, Cena doing lots of charity work doesn't mean anything.

Just because they choose to publicize Cena doesn't make his work any less worthwhile.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

TL posted:

Just because they choose to publicize Cena doesn't make his work any less worthwhile.

He's saying its pretty weird that WWE is putting Cena on this untouchable pedestal about doing a good deed while other wrestlers are probably getting a lot too. I'm positive Rey Mysterio had as a bunch too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it's because Cena has granted the most wishes and it's easier to point to a single accomplishment than name every good thing someone on the roster has done

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004
From a purely business standpoint how dumb is it that they've put all their eggs in one basket. One day (sooner than they think) John Cena is going to get hurt so bad he has to retire and they have no one that can replace him.

Edit: This is the twitter thread. Eh. OK.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
John Cena is a horrible monster for agreeing with Stone Cold, and getting everyones ideas given to him. He's such a toady, arrogant, vile fucker. And I wish more reputable people would come out and slander him. It's so sickening to hear Jim Cornette suck up to the WWE by claiming that Cena was a hard worker who was a dream to have. It pisses me off so much when revisionist history pops up trying to claim that they were going to release Cena and didn't have anything for him back when he was new.

Wake up sheeple! He was never loving over! Smackdown was a heavily edited television show! Stop supporting this poo poo head of a human being!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Onmi posted:

John Cena is a horrible monster for agreeing with Stone Cold, and getting everyones ideas given to him. He's such a toady, arrogant, vile fucker. And I wish more reputable people would come out and slander him. It's so sickening to hear Jim Cornette suck up to the WWE by claiming that Cena was a hard worker who was a dream to have. It pisses me off so much when revisionist history pops up trying to claim that they were going to release Cena and didn't have anything for him back when he was new.

Wake up sheeple! He was never loving over! Smackdown was a heavily edited television show! Stop supporting this poo poo head of a human being!
source your quotes

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

oatgan posted:

it's because Cena has granted the most wishes and it's easier to point to a single accomplishment than name every good thing someone on the roster has done

This, plus, I imagine the amount other guys get requested is far below Cena. Punk is probably an anomaly for getting a lot of wishes because he got to be the lucrative spot at the top of the card or no. 2 for a few years, plus he made a stronger connection with crowds. The entire roster does amazing things for charity, but Cena does a hell of a lot and is a good posterboy since he is relatively clean and non-controversial.

waffle iron
Jan 16, 2004

Another Person posted:

This, plus, I imagine the amount other guys get requested is far below Cena. Punk is probably an anomaly for getting a lot of wishes because he got to be the lucrative spot at the top of the card or no. 2 for a few years, plus he made a stronger connection with crowds. The entire roster does amazing things for charity, but Cena does a hell of a lot and is a good posterboy since he is relatively clean and non-controversial.

WWE could at least show other wrestlers for a couple seconds when they cut together the Make A Wish highlight video. :sweatdrop:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I would honestly like to know who made how many Make a Wishes besides Cena 400+ or whatever it was.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

waffle iron posted:

WWE could at least show other wrestlers for a couple seconds when they cut together the Make A Wish highlight video. :sweatdrop:

They could definitely make it more transparent and give the other workers more visibility, sure. However, they do make the charity efforts of other performers known at least to some degree, just the other day I saw something posted by the WWE facebook page with some of the team and their charity work. I found out that Kofi gives to Kaboom, Big E gives to Hire Heroes and Layla gives to Susan G Komen. It is just not as up front.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Shooting fish in a barrel, but hey I am happy.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Keep us updated.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

:getin:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MassRafTer posted:

I love you man.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Twitter game on point MRT.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

@davemeltzerWON posted:

I've watched more Murdoch this week than in the last ten years. Wrestling needs more Dick Murdochs

@davemeltzerWON posted:

As a worker, that is.

Oh, Dave :allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MassRafTer posted:

:vince:

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Onmi posted:

To be fair, I think it was generally Cornette and Heyman who saw something in Cena first (and really, who wouldn't want to be credited as finding the next big star in the business post Austin and Rock?) and WWE's terrible handling of good talent isn't new. It's the 'almost fired but then Stephanie McMahon found him rapping backstage' that bugs me, given how little she thinks of the midcard, especially when she was head of creative at the time. If anything, she was pressured to create a new star, picked whomever those guys were high on and took the credit...and was unable to find anyone new since.

That added another layer to Cena/Punk: One proudly admits Heyman discovered him and supported him despite management not seeing a thing in him for cosmetic reasons and isn't above working with different people on the roster, while the other sold out to the McMahons to be a multiple time world champ with an inflated list of accomplishments at everyone else's expense.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Perigryn posted:

To be fair, I think it was generally Cornette and Heyman who saw something in Cena first (and really, who wouldn't want to be credited as finding the next big star in the business post Austin and Rock?) and WWE's terrible handling of good talent isn't new. It's the 'almost fired but then Stephanie McMahon found him rapping backstage' that bugs me, given how little she thinks of the midcard, especially when she was head of creative at the time.

Looking at it that way adds another layer to Cena/Punk: One proudly admits Heyman discovered him and supported him despite management not seeing a thing in him for cosmetic reasons and isn't above working with different people on the roster, while the other sold out to the McMahons to be a multiple time world champ with an inflated list of accomplishments at everyone else's expense.

Cena sold out to the McMahons by almost getting fired until he made Stephanie realize he was incredibly charismatic and entertaining? Cena legitimately went out and grabbed the brass ring. So did Punk. Daniel Bryan on the other hand had the crowd give him the brass ring and he was like "ok I guess I am cool with having this but I'm cool with not having it. This is pretty neat. I want to ride on an old timey carousel"