Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Rurea posted:

Not to mention that Arrow's whole episode will be about Captain Motherfucking Boomerang

Also, one of the previews showed Captain old and Heatwave and while I think they might just be cameos in the end I am still pretty stoked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

hcreight posted:

I'd say it's more of a question as to how Felicity keeps getting ridiculous amounts of time off from her job as Vice President of a corporation.

Honestly, I think Felicity gets work done so efficiently and effectively that she doesn't even need to come into the office most days. She's so badass that Ray just lets her do whatever the gently caress she wants to.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What does Felicity do?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Ray made her a VP which means she's presumably involved on the business side of the company now in some capacity, but I'm guessing a lot of her day to day work is still IT stuff. So yeah, she may do a lot of telecommuting.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bad Moon posted:

What does Felicity do?

She's a people person!

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style
I assume Roy didn't come along because you wouldn't want to leave the city unprotected. Honestly, that would be my reason to leave a team member back at home; to make sure ninjas, super convicts, mercenaries, exotic drug king pins, and rich people don't burn the place to the ground till I can get back.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Writh posted:

I assume Roy didn't come along because you wouldn't want to leave the city unprotected. Honestly, that would be my reason to leave a team member back at home; to make sure ninjas, super convicts, mercenaries, exotic drug king pins, and rich people don't burn the place to the ground till I can get back.

Roy didn't go to Central because either the writers didn't want to overstuff an already packed episode or because they didn't want to pay four people from Arrow extra money. Accept it and stop trying to come up with a kayfabe reason for it.

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

hcreight posted:

https://twitter.com/CW_Arrow/status/540202793026330624

Preview clip from part two of the crossover. Slightly spoilery. Seems like they're keeping the humor going even as they flip over to Starling.

The best part of this clip is how Barry doesn't quite stop and bumps the table so everything wobbles.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Roy didn't come because they were just there to have star labs look at the boomerang, so Roy stayed behind to watch over things and hold down the fort.

There, problem solved.

Writh
Dec 31, 2008

Big D's chillin' over here, wasteland style

zoux posted:

Roy didn't go to Central because either the writers didn't want to overstuff an already packed episode or because they didn't want to pay four people from Arrow extra money. Accept it and stop trying to come up with a kayfabe reason for it.

Wow, don't know when I pooped in your corn flakes so sorry to have some comic book theory fun. From now on let's all post the way Zoux demands. You do know everyone here realizes this is a TV show, right?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I think you're reading in a tone I didn't intend.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Burning_Monk posted:

Ras really needs to do more crunches.

He looks more like a strongman bruiser.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

teagone posted:

"God Dad, could you please put on some clothes, nobody wants to see your beer belly"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

teagone posted:

He's the only one on the CW cast list to actually eat a decent meal instead of sucking down celery sticks between takes. Also, only man on the show with body hair. Ahaha.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
That is not a picture of a fat person. Jesus Christ, you guys.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Amell tweeted a clip from tonight's episode. Surprise, Barry's got problems with Ollie's methods. It makes sense, and I'm glad Barry confronted Ollie about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmBluKgZxks

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

hcreight posted:

That is not a picture of a fat person. Jesus Christ, you guys.

More like Ra's al Gut mirite guys?

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Barry's kind of got a point and I'm not a huge fan of rear end in a top hat Oliver, is it me or are they purposefully setting up Oliver this way?

Cause the last few episodes his assholishness has reached new heights to the point of me just not liking him.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I'm a fan of Oliver's incredibly self-aware dialog. He's practically just saying, "PTSD and who gives a poo poo; it works." Definitely feels like they're going somewhere.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Yeah I really like that the show keeps emphasizing the fact that Ollie is this emotionally-damaged weirdo instead of just pretending that everything's fine and he's great. Same thing with him being an often-terrible mentor. It makes the show feel really grounded, even as he fights ridiculous bad guys or pulls magic arrows out of his butt.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
More pictures from the Mid Season finale

Very reminiscent of Batman Begins and I wasn't expecting for Katana's husband to be: alive and a member of the league of Assasins

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The weather is going to knock out my signal for the episode tonight.

drat it Barry you were supposed to fix this like 6 episodes ago.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Also Oliver's a huge loving dickhead as well for being like " Yeah it doesn't work out we don't get the girl".

I dunno I just don't think I can take another season of Oliver Super rear end in a top hat.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Aphrodite posted:

CW is really good about putting new episodes up on their site. I'm on the west coast and I usually watch Flash/Arrow at like 11pm, just a couple of hours after they air.

Katrina Law and her awesome outfit/costume :allears:

And yeah no kidding about that second part.

e:

:swoon:

VDay fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 4, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Can Katrina Law just permanently join the main cast?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Hollismason posted:

Also Oliver's a huge loving dickhead as well for being like " Yeah it doesn't work out we don't get the girl".

I dunno I just don't think I can take another season of Oliver Super rear end in a top hat.

That was actually good advice though.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Some Numbers posted:

Can Katrina Law just permanently join the main cast?

I would watch a spin-off about Katrina Law going around and doing poo poo for the league.

...and also Slade is just there with her for some reason.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

VDay posted:

I would watch a spin-off about Katrina Law going around and doing poo poo for the league.

League of Shadows would be a kickass show!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

e X posted:

League of Shadows would be a kickass show!

If Arrow poaches actors from Spartacus and The Flash poaches actors from Prison Break then where would The League of Shadows poach its actors from?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

That was actually good advice though.

Not really. There's literally no reason besides his retardedness that Ollie couldn't be dating Felicity right now. She's in just as much danger right now working with him than were she to be bangin' him.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

VDay posted:

Arrow needs a between-series show where every episode is "what is X person doing right now?" and has guest stars reprising their roles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Phylodox posted:

If Arrow poaches actors from Spartacus and The Flash poaches actors from Prison Break then where would The League of Shadows poach its actors from?

Those 2 shows are the extremes of ending a show at the logical time, so what we need is the Goldilocks Just Right of TV show length.

Breaking Bad.

Drifter posted:

Not really. There's literally no reason besides his retardedness that Ollie couldn't be dating Felicity right now. She's in just as much danger right now working with him than were she to be bangin' him.

He secretly just wants to tell her she annoys the hell out of him.

And he knows she was skimming money from the company because you can't afford those clothes on an IT salary.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Drifter posted:

It is kinda like being with a cop though, except it's even more likely he won't be coming home one day....

Thanks to an acid pie to the face, but still.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Some Numbers posted:

Arrow needs a between-series show where every episode is "what is X person doing right now?" and has guest stars reprising their roles.

Suicide Squad spinoff, 2016.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Aphrodite posted:

Being late is like a superpower of his.

Am I the only one who assumed that Ollie was too self-absorbed too notice Barry's feelings for Iris and instead was warning him off of Felicity because Ollie's a dick like that?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Some Numbers posted:

Only if it has a full half-hour of Slade sitting in his cell waiting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Suicide Squad spinoff, 2016.

Yes, absolutely.

Bruceski posted:

Only if it has a full half-hour of Slade sitting in his cell waiting.

Don't lie, you'd all watch this.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Phylodox posted:

True Blood

Drifter posted:

It was good advice to Barry.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Needs more belts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
It was incredibly lovely advice, that's the whole problem that Arrow has is he's all " My crusade" and all that bullshit about being a lone wolf who doesn't need anybody etc.. etc..

It's just gotten tiring at this point. Something needs to change drastically for the show not to be just depressing Oliver every week. Green Arrow is not Batman.

• Locked thread