Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Gonzo McFee posted:

They genuinely believe that a different audience watches Smackdown from the one that watches Raw so probably not.

Also everyone in the WWE that's making GBS threads on Punk should read this and take it to heart.

Are you knocking the Fockers?

I totally agree with this. Austin says it every now and then on his show, if you wanna be a top guy you have to rattle your cage. Don't be the guy who is just happy to be there because you won't be in the company for very long.

"Guard! Sick Man! We need a World title reign."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DeathChicken posted:

...uh, I thought Wrigley would have that one tied up.

Maybe Vince thinks Punk's sponsorship deal idea is a good one after all.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

...uh, I thought Wrigley would have that one tied up.

Or Kane, who has been the Big Red Machine/Retard/Monster depending.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I liked someones suggestion in the thread to call him Erick the Red. But you gotta know some dude pitched that and then Dunn or Vince went "Who's that? nobody is going to recognize that."

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Benne posted:

Guys guys, we're all forgetting the real news here:

So if you liked Cole saying it 500 times last Monday, you're in luck!

I can't not think of this SNL skit https://screen.yahoo.com/big-red-commercial-1-000000615.html

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I guess it'll lead to a fun court case down the line. "This hearing is to determine whether brand confusion exists between Erick Rowan and chewing gum."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Inexplicable is a better nickname for him.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Erik Rowan: The Human rubix cube?

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

BigRed0427 posted:

Erik Rowan: The Human rubix cube?

There actually is a wrestler named Rubix already.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It's still loving weird that Erick Rowan is the guy out of the Wyatt Family to get a babyface push

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Erik the Red Red Wine (maker)

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Seams posted:

"Hmm, everybody from a bottom-card geek like me to the No. 2 guy in the company is really unhappy with how things are being run. This means the No. 2 guy is whiny baby" - wrestlers.

Yeah this. They take a phrase like "every top guy on the roster that works a full schedule has a litany of injuries" and think that's a thing actually worth defending.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Memento posted:

Yeah this. They take a phrase like "every top guy on the roster that works a full schedule has a litany of injuries" and think that's a thing actually worth defending.

Well yeah, they're wrestlers. They're in one of the most carney, hokey businesses in the world, Not one of them stops and thinks and goes "Maybe that's a BAD thing" it just IS.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

http://www.gsllaw.com/Attorneys/Donald-F-Samuel.shtml

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

quote:

Ed Garland, Don Samuel and John Garland represented Ben Roethlisberger, the All-Star Quarterback with the Pittsburgh Steelers and successfully convinced the prosecutor in Baldwin County to bring no charges against him in connection with an alleged rape of a college student.

:vince:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

Ed Garland, Don Samuel and John Garland represented Ben Roethlisberger, the All-Star Quarterback with the Pittsburgh Steelers and successfully convinced the prosecutor in Baldwin County to bring no charges against him in connection with an alleged rape of a college student.

Then again, he's T.I.'s lawyer, and T.I. went to jail.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

All lawyers are scummy fucks, news at 11.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Oh poo poo. Heath went to the big man right away. Jesus.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

Attorney and lawyer websites are always weird to me. Most present their past cases usually in some veiled way of telling you 'Hey guys these people I defended totally did it but I got them off the hook!'

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Dr. Weisenberg will be an expert witness.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Otunga was RIGHT THERE, man.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Writer Cath posted:

Otunga was RIGHT THERE, man.

He must be wiping away his tears hugging his knees, "One day it will be Otunga's turn..."

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
In case anyone's curious, the Hulu version of RAW is only 90 minutes long and they used the entire 23 minutes of that opening promo.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Angular Landbury posted:

In case anyone's curious, the Hulu version of RAW is only 90 minutes long and they used the entire 23 minutes of that opening promo.

They don't ever cut out main event stuff.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mods change my name to Top 100 Super Lawyer tia

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Heath wasn't the rapist, Clem Layfield was. Heath is off the hook!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

MotU posted:

Heath wasn't the rapist, Clem Layfield was. Heath is off the hook!

SWERVE! Heath Slater was never a real person!

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Onmi posted:

All lawyers are scummy fucks, news at 11.

Hey man Im trying...

Sad about Slater. Sad about Punk. Thankful for New Japan.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Breaking News: WWE has officially changed the name of the PPV to "TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs ... and Stairs"

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

KungFu Grip posted:

Breaking News: WWE has officially changed the name of the PPV to "TLC: Tables, Ladders, Chairs ... and Stairs"

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwetlc

TLC 2016 to be sponsored by IKEA

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Benne posted:

Guys guys, we're all forgetting the real news here:

So if you liked Cole saying it 500 times last Monday, you're in luck!
I have twelve cans of Eric Rowan in my fridge right now.

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Dias posted:

TLC 2016 to be sponsored by IKEA

Bed, Bath & Beyond keeps losing out on these lucrative crosspromotional opportunities.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Heath Slater that's not how you get girls to like you :smith:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I like Bryan Alvarez's theory that Rowan joined the Wyatt Family because his wine business went under and he was going through hard times.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Benne posted:

I like Bryan Alvarez's theory that Rowan joined the Wyatt Family because his wine business went under and he was going through hard times.

They should pair him up with R Truth as his sommelier and have segments with Truth just rambling for twenty minutes about how amazing Rowan's wine is and have Rowan just stand in the back with a furious expression on his face, saying nothing.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So is WWE footing the bill or is Slater ponying up the money I wonder. The guy is as high profile a lawyer as it gets lately.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

R-Truth should join the New Day and his gimmick should be Kenan from the "What's Up With That" sketches

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I like face Rowan, its been a while since we had a good "Forest Gump but a Wrestler" gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Jiro posted:

So is WWE footing the bill or is Slater ponying up the money I wonder. The guy is as high profile a lawyer as it gets lately.

Probably himself, If he's smart and saved money.

• Locked thread