Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Carstairs
Nov 18, 2007
Space Detective

Ethiser posted:

If Gyanko and Sekai don't fight together with the flames on Build Burning's back becoming a heart, possibly with a holographic king, then this show will have messed up big time.

Ahem. Surely, you mean a holographic M'Quve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

John Carstairs posted:

Ahem. Surely, you mean a holographic M'Quve.
Why not a holographic M'Quve dressed as a king?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Have none of you ever watched a shounen anime before? Sekai is ending up with Fumina or no one.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pureauthor posted:

Have none of you ever watched a shounen anime before? Sekai is ending up with Fumina or no one.

It's entirely possible they could subvert expectations! Sekai is a Naruto, didn't Naruto end with his second-choice girlfriend or something?

It's probably gonna be Fumina tho'.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

It's entirely possible they could subvert expectations! Sekai is a Naruto, didn't Naruto end with his second-choice girlfriend or something?

On the one hand, that would be lame, but on the other hand Gyanko is too good for Sekai. Though I guess Fumina is, too. Actually everyone is because Sekai sucks.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
The romance in Naruto is so utterly hosed up it's probably best not to use it as a point of comparison.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fumina is going to end up with Lady, Sakai with Yuuma, Mirai with Gunpla Sengen, Gyanko with a shield and Sekai with kenpo.

The cruel irony is that only Eri and mantis president had an apropos relationship.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

On the other hand Sakura was open about how she only liked Naruto as a friend whereas we've seen the usual stuff with Fumina where she used to get jealous when Gyanko appeared to talk to Sekai.

Just like season 1 I'm p sure they're not throwing any curveballs.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I think the biggest question is who would be able to put up with Sakai.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Fumina is going to end up with Lady, Sakai with Yuuma, Mirai with Gunpla Sengen, Gyanko with a shield and Sekai with kenpo.

The cruel irony is that only Eri and mantis president had an apropos relationship.

Eh, Mantris Prez is a giant creeper and it's sort of weird that his plot resolved with "got a girlfriend" to be honest. At least he's background character material now.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
Everyone's Gunpla is proper hosed though.

Yuuma's going to have a busy weekend ahead...

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
it was damage mode B so anything interesting that can happen with damaged gunpla has to wait til the nationals

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
I've mostly been ignoring this show but I happened to watch "Upon This Shield" recently and I feel somehow diminished for the experience.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Probably should have watched G-Muse.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Pureauthor posted:

Its yellow girl and blue guys last year for this I thought. Its gonna end with Sekai leading the club the next year.

Great episode also.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

I already feel bad for responding but like ten years ago when I was watching the first season of Naruto it was pretty clear to me who he was telegraphed to end up with. Flash forward into adulthood after dropping the series during the first filler arc, I pick up the last few manga releases when I hear it's ending and not a single bit of characterization or relationship dynamic had changed from how I remembered it.

I honestly hope no one ends up with anyone as the relationship dynamics in this season are just awkward bordering on creepy. The China/Sei and Aida/Reiji dynamics in S1 were easier to handle because the children involved weren't so overtly sexualized and actually took the time to get to know each other.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Koopa Kid posted:

I honestly hope no one ends up with anyone as the relationship dynamics in this season are just awkward bordering on creepy. The China/Sei and Aida/Reiji dynamics in S1 were easier to handle because the children involved weren't so overtly sexualized and actually took the time to get to know each other.

I think the whole Gyanko crushing on Sekai thing is quite cute and sweet.

Why does everything have to be discussed as a matter of oversexualization? This is a show targeted at kids after all.

How they see things isn't how most of the commenters on this thread see it.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I love how a guy who knows martial art is using a machine called the G-Fighter.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Booourns posted:

I love how a guy who knows martial art is using a machine called the G-Fighter.

I know we were supposed to be impressed by Sekai's Super Saiyan fuckoff mode or whatever, but all through that episode I was thinking, "Holy poo poo, how many missiles can the G-Fighter actually hold?".

Swear the guy never ran out of missiles.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Technically his custom machine is called the G-Bomber.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Was it me, or did the missiles look a bit like miniature versions of Big Zam's toenails?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jegan Ace posted:

I know we were supposed to be impressed by Sekai's Super Saiyan fuckoff mode or whatever, but all through that episode I was thinking, "Holy poo poo, how many missiles can the G-Fighter actually hold?".

All of them are like that. The Zaku Amazing's launchers clearly hold only five missiles apiece, but they've launched a buttload more than that in fights.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Neddy Seagoon posted:

All of them are like that. The Zaku Amazing's launchers clearly hold only five missiles apiece, but they've launched a buttload more than that in fights.

I have a new strategy for my Build Fighters team.

3 Zssas.

Literally cannot be be beat.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Jegan Ace posted:

I have a new strategy for my Build Fighters team.

3 Zssas.

Literally cannot be be beat.

Fine, as long as they're pulled by Alto, Michel and Luka from Macross Frontier.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Take all the guns from FA Unicorn, slap them on this version of the HeavyArms and use Zssas backpack/flyers as funnels. :shepface:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tenzarin posted:

Its yellow girl and blue guys last year for this I thought. Its gonna end with Sekai leading the club the next year.

Great episode also.

Yuuma is a second year student, same as Sekai. Fumina is a third year, but all of them are in middle school, and Seiho Academy has a high school as well, so it's possible that they'll still be able to remain together for a few more years.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The Gundam 'this machine is entirely made out of missiles and guns' Zabanya might be appropriate, too.

And I've just realised - Sekai is basically piloting the Star Build Platinum.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

Zedd posted:

Take all the guns from FA Unicorn, slap them on this version of the HeavyArms and use Zssas backpack/flyers as funnels. :shepface:

I am sorry but we have to classify that as an mobile armour.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Darth Walrus posted:

The Gundam 'this machine is entirely made out of missiles and guns' Zabanya might be appropriate, too.

And I've just realised - Sekai is basically piloting the Star Build Platinum.

No chainguns, no sale :colbert:.

Van Dine
Apr 17, 2013

I loved this episode. The characters interacted well, the fight was interesting, Yuuma finally improved as a character, and the teamwork of Try Fighters seems to be improving a lot too. Sekai also had the sense to do some off-screen training. The only thing I really wanted more from that episode would have been Fumina's machine getting to do more direct combat. I'm also interested in the new Build Burning function. It could be an excellent excuse for Sekai at some point being temporarily out of action and other characters (such as Gyanko) having to sub in for him instead for a battle or two.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

No chainguns, no sale :colbert:.

Well, if you insist...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jegan Ace posted:

Why does everything have to be discussed as a matter of oversexualization? This is a show targeted at kids after all.

This is actually something that has come up in Japan too. It's kind of a running joke on MBs there. The character designs are joked about as being "super ero" and that someone on the character design team must be a pervert or whatever. Supposedly there's also something with the fanart but I've long since learned not to go looking for fanart of any show ever unless i want to be barraged by making GBS threads dicknipples.

Jegan Ace posted:

The impressive thing is that a goddamn Jet was designed to be basically as effective as any full-fledged Gundams. I hope we see someone piloting a Saberfish at some point. A crazy tricked-out godlike Saberfish.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This image describes Fumina's suffering. She's searching for her own name in Pixiv and gets flooded with R-18 images.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

The impressive thing is that a goddamn Jet was designed to be basically as effective as any full-fledged Gundams. I hope we see someone piloting a Saberfish at some point. A crazy tricked-out godlike Saberfish.

A team that's just using one of those UC Hardgraph tanks.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Jegan Ace posted:

Welcome to the (hopefully brief) tumblr age. Check your privileges at the door, do not information-shame.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

ImpAtom posted:

The last time we saw those were in Unicorn's Torrington base right? Poor bastards couldn't even get off the goddamned runway.

Ka0 posted:

Welcome to the (hopefully brief) tumblr age.

We can only hope.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Also if no one noticed, Sunglasses dude took over for Mr. Ral. Appearing for gunpla battle from nowhere.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Yuuma's characterization has been so terrible that him shouting a single thing in this episode comes off as a dramatic improvement. Fun episode, but I don't think I'm seeing the teamwork some of the rest of you are in the episode. Everything still came down to the "All For Build Burning" approach of every other battle they've had.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

nuru posted:

Yuuma's characterization has been so terrible that him shouting a single thing in this episode comes off as a dramatic improvement. Fun episode, but I don't think I'm seeing the teamwork some of the rest of you are in the episode. Everything still came down to the "All For Build Burning" approach of every other battle they've had.

They had a plan at the beginning that actually sounded like something you would do in that kind of scenario, it just devolved to that sort of fight.

Was still pretty cool though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

nuru posted:

They actually went into the fight with a plan, for once all seemed to be on the same page, and actually communicated with each other to adjust what they were going to do on the fly.

If Yuuma hadn't tied down the Megashiki, the Build Burning and Winning would have been obliterated outright by the cannon, and without his suicide bombing the Megashiki would have joined up with the others and pretty much wrecked Build Burning/Winning since they were barely able to handle the G Bomber and V Amethyst. Fumina pretty much blew herself up to dispense power ups again but we're making progress on the "people who aren't Sekai get to do things" front.

• Locked thread