Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I guess they decided that they didn't want to shill out for the English dub, once again proving that only mainline DW games are the only Warriors games that get dubs. Speaking of Empires, the trophy list for DW8: Empires claims a Vita version is coming too, so that should be good for those of you who want Empires on the go that ISN'T SW2: Empires (Japan PSN exclusive)

While I have your attention, enjoy this SW Chronicle 3 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PWJlethvfI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

Anonymous Robot posted:

Can someone help me with Wen Qin's rebellion in the Jin campaign? You're supposed to isolate Gongqiu Jian and kill him, then meet the (still living) Wen Yan, but I can't seem to get into the forts to isolate Gonqiu Jian without first killing Wen Yan (they're locked up without gatekeepers until the scripted opening), and Wen Qin died somewhere way before that. I don't really understand this mission, working from this guide: http://s13.zetaboards.com/koeiwarriors/topic/7080371/1/
I used this site to find out how to get all of my weird and obscure DW8 unlocks.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
So I played more SW4 Chronicle Mode. Kojiro's story was downright sad and made me feel a bit for a murderous psychopath. Nobunaga's first event was hilarious, too.

Are characters restricted to region? How can I get certain people to appear?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Schneider Heim posted:

Are characters restricted to region?

From what I played this does seem to be the case. I started with Masamune and since I was in that general area, the first people I met were like Kagekatsu, Kanetsugu and all those guys.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Schneider Heim posted:

Are characters restricted to region? How can I get certain people to appear?

Characters normally show up only in their home regions, but sometimes certain officers (often Keiji and friends) will invade a battle-in-progress. It's usually easier just to go to their home regions, though.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Well, for what it's worth, despite guides saying you could do that level as any character, the moment I picked Sima Shi, the objective seemed to complete without my changing anything. There was new dialogue and scripted events behaved differently. v :) v

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Policenaut posted:

As long as Empires refuses to adopt Castle Town system, they'll all be inferior to SW3 Empires anyway.
Except when it comes to actually being released outside Japan :smug:

:smith:

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Yeah SW4 is really good. If I had to think of a complaint it'd be that I don't like most of the character designs this time around, it's like a shonen anime after a timeskip

I hope the new chronicles gets localized, the first one was pretty good and making a dude/lady and interacting with SW characters is weirdly entertaining (haven't gotten to chronicles in 4 yet, hopefully it's cool)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

The scenes with Kenshin and Aya manage to be more :stonk:-inducing than anything involving Ranmaru and Nobunaga.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I dunno I'd say cuddling with Nene in bed while Kato spies in the closet all pissed is like being on the right side of a cuckolding scene.

Also, Ginchiyo's vocal reactions to the food you bring her in the first or second scene sounds just plain lewd.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Is Chronicle Mode progress shared by all CAWs in SW4? I'd like to use just one CAW but since there's no way to save styles, I'll have to make another one.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yes. You don't even have to leave Chronicle Mode - just go to the menu on the map and change character. You can also edit an existing character and just change their weapon.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Assassin's Creed Unity eat your heart out.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Life is like a hurricane, here in Duckburg.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Policenaut posted:

That's, um... Wow. :stare:

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Policenaut posted:

Which game is this?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's a fun glitch from Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. Apparently a bunch of people on Japanese Twitter are complaining about weird bugs.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Found a DW8 Empires video on Nico that shows off all the new attacks with the DLC weapons being made main weapons plus Xun Yu's stuff.

Loving the park bench that Liu Shan gets and the Mushroom palm tree Meng Huo has.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 27, 2014

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Anybody have a suggestion for unlocking the five star Art of War? Apparently you're just supposed to follow Zhang Miao around the map and kill anyone he encounters, and he goes around recruiting the different warlords, but when I try that he succesfully does it twice, and then comes to Puyang castle and just stops. He doesn't move any more, and when you go on and finish the mission, he turns on you.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Lunethex posted:

Found a DW8 Empires video on Nico that shows off all the new attacks with the DLC weapons being made main weapons plus Xun Yu's stuff.

Loving the park bench that Liu Shan gets and the Mushroom palm tree Meng Huo has.

I'm disappointed that they gave Wang Yi a new aerial musou instead of reassigning her old one to the needles. Though I am glad they gave Sun Quan the anime standby of "Slash person and struggle to rip through them" to make up for not having the stab and explode.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Lunethex posted:

I'm so glad they gave Meng Huo his DW6: Empires weapon back, not only was it a really good weapon but it was hilarious :allears:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Policenaut posted:

It's a fun glitch from Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. Apparently a bunch of people on Japanese Twitter are complaining about weird bugs.

I found a video of it on Nico and I laughed at how it crops up.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
DW8XLCE is $16.99 on Steam RIGHT NOW!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I never played SW3, but I really like how they characterized Nagamasa in this game. It's refreshing to have a tragic hero that actually has a pair and doesn't spend every cutscene whinging about how tragic and conflicted he is (see: Nagamasa in SW2).

On a less positive note, I'm not a fan of making Ginchiyo play second string to Muneshige. Curse you, Gaming Patriarchy!
:qqsay:

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 2, 2014

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

SirPhoebos posted:

On a less positive note, I'm not a fan of making Ginchiyo play second string to Muneshige. Curse you, Gaming Patriarchy!
:qqsay:
The thing that stood out to me about DW7-8 was how much this had happened to most of the women as opposed to the prior games.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I only played SW2 before SW4 and yeah it's jarring to see this dude take away Ginchiyo's thunder, who was one of my favorite characters in SW2.

Going by this article, Ginchiyo has Dosetsu's sword? Because that legend is metal as gently caress.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm probably alone on this, but due to his habit of hammy laughing, I now like to think if the game had been dubbed Nobunaga would sound like Phantom of Krankor of MST3K fame.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

First look at Samurai Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends -2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcIDjDbgf_g

Oh and the Sengoku BASARA dude said on a PlayStation stream today that Capcom's announcing new stuff in the next couple weeks, so presumably we'll see a new BASARA game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I am already anticipating hating Capcom all over again for not translating Sengoku Basara 5.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

People are expecting literally everything from that announcement. Dude worked on a lot of different games, and the fanbase of each is hoping the announcement is a sequel to THEIR series.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

People are expecting literally everything from that announcement. Dude worked on a lot of different games, and the fanbase of each is hoping the announcement is a sequel to THEIR series.
im hoping for dino crisis

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Changing my reply to Dino Crisis too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

After Dino Crisis 3 I don't want Capcom anywhere near that franchise again, unless they plan to turn it into RE6 with Dinosaurs (not the zombie T-Rex)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Policenaut posted:

First look at Samurai Warriors 4: Xtreme Legends -2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcIDjDbgf_g

It doesn't really look like anything that isn't in the game already, am I missing something?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The correct answer is to hope it's Dragon's Dogma 2, anyways.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SirPhoebos posted:

It doesn't really look like anything that isn't in the game already, am I missing something?

They can't show off any new stuff or Capcom will sue them.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Infinity Gaia posted:

The correct answer is to hope it's Dragon's Dogma 2, anyways.
DD is literally the only Capcom thing in the last decade I give a poo poo about (well, Basara 2 was pretty good), so yeah.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I forgot that the BASARA dude also did Dogma. The teaser on the Dragon's Dogma page now makes a bit more sense.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER

Samurai Sanders posted:

DD is literally the only Capcom thing in the last decade I give a poo poo about (well, Basara 2 was pretty good), so yeah.

Godhand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Perdido posted:

Godhand?
I am not a Godhand fan.