Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Eonwe posted:

:smug: heh you think nerds acting dumb is funny? you should be less pathetic and watch TV like me :smug:

:dings:

Arcade fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Dec 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
"Hey guys we should discuss this!"

*posts patch notes without any commentary or discussion whatsoever*

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
And only the class balance notes. Didn't even mention more ship customization, new areas, another giant sea monster to spend days looking at, ~skateboards~, etc.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Schubalts posted:

And only the class balance notes. Didn't even mention more ship customization, new areas, another giant sea monster to spend days looking at, ~skateboards~, etc.

But we can transmorg and PVP each other in our fashionable early 2000s music video beach attire.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
He is right though, I have been kind of half assing it. But I don't give a puck :downsrim:

Yeah couldn't help myself with the pun, now for actual content:
It's about time they did something about redoubt, it's pretty much useless the way it is now since people who rely on tripping you will just back off and stealth around until it runs out then kill you. Some of the other changes seem super arbitrary though like they just wanted to make the patch notes seem like they're doing something so they added a second here, subtracted one there and a bunch of other things that will make very little difference in practice.

The way Trion is handling everything makes me more forgiving towards flaws in other games though because hey, at least they're not loving up that bad and I'm rediscovering how cool The Secret World and Dungeons and Dragons Online actually are and I'm having a blast just running around there, even though Tokyo still is kind of a poorly designed zone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Mob density in Tokyo is worse than Blue Mountain.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Third World Reggin posted:

As none of you are on my ignored profile, I am going to assume that you guys are still posting.

I made blood magic in the secret world.

You should pair that up with pistols, it's not only the most :krad: combination to play as but also probably the strongest solo build. Don't be like me and do blades/chaos.

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

himurak posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that all the posters who still post here are on my ignore list. If people still want to have actual discussion while we still enjoy the game then just post it and ignore the people who you don't feel like seeing.

I'm looking forward to the red dragon rush when that's released soon and 1.7 should be out shortly thereafter. Stock up on buff pots because you'll need them to survive the 55 instance.

On another note, does anyone have some :words: on the underwater dungeon? What drops there, mechanics, need of dahuda's potions?

this is weird, you posted to let us know you're interested in having conversations about potions -- but not with me?

As none of you are on my ignored profile, I am going to assume that you guys are still posting.

my gal bought Secret World and she wants to drop DOTA2 to play it with me :unsmith:

what is a good tanking build so i can show her how tough and manly i am (online)??

EDIT: Also I am on ACADIA, i think that would be cool for goons

atlas of bugs fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 4, 2014

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Hahaha, suddenly server downtime with a 4min warning, at 6pm eastern.

This game haha.

e: also they've turned off their forums for now.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Trion is amazing. They just gave us a 3 minute warning for unscheduled downtime. Go to the forums to see what that's about, and their forum is down too.

EFB

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Oh, only Aranzeb is down. Goons! :argh:

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
himurak couldn't take it anymore and suicide bombed the server.

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

himurak couldn't take it anymore and suicide bombed the server.

Does suicide bombing work if you've ignored the target?

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

how does it feel coming back to TSW? Or is this your first time playing? What is your character name... ?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Forum is back up;

quote:

ArcheAge NA Rolling Restarts: 12/3/14
Greetings Adventurers,

Apologies for the short notice. We will be doing rolling restarts in the North American region of several servers. This will fix some remaining network issues affecting these servers.

The restarts begin at 3:05 PM Pacific. The next server will go down 15 mins after the last one. Here is the full schedule:

Aranzeb: 3:05 PM Pacific
Naima: 3:20 PM Pacific
Ollo: 3:35 PM Pacific
Tahyang: 3:50 PM Pacific
Salphira: 4:05 PM Pacific

No word on why they needed to start this with literally 3 minutes warning. I guess they wanted to make sure it would be finished before the office clears out at 5pm on the dot?

atlas of bugs
Aug 19, 2003

BOOTSTRAPPING
MILLIONAIRE
ONE-PERCENTER

Deutsch Nozzle posted:

lol that dude takes the internet too seriously

"heh, fuckin trolls only exist on SA/AA because they lack the ability to confront their real problems in the real world..."

*opts to hide 20 user accounts on an ignore list to prevent their menacing a forums thread on MMORPGs*

Charles Bukowski posted:

That really is the silver lining of playing ArcheAge. I got to learn how cool imp zone is, and how nice most of you are.

come join TSW and Acadia server

I think it will be way more chill and i miss your scent, the way, on Mumble together, your whisper voice brushes the hard consonants off the end of certain words....and brushes the harsh edges off my day. coming home 2 u, booting up the 'Age...i miss u more each day:peanut:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
you guys using the cts mumble?

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Don't emptyquote anyone or else that one fucktard's ignore list will break horribly guys :(

Eonwe posted:

you guys using the cts mumble?

I might have to pop in there again this weekend. It was a fun 3 seconds last time I was in there.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I heard drinkfist scared you out of the channel right away.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

atlas of bugs posted:

this is weird, you posted to let us know you're interested in having conversations about potions -- but not with me?

my gal bought Secret World and she wants to drop DOTA2 to play it with me :unsmith:

what is a good tanking build so i can show her how tough and manly i am (online)??

EDIT: Also I am on ACADIA, i think that would be cool for goons

Chaos, Blade, Hammer are the three tanking weapons. Chaos is evasion (dodge attacks for no damage), Hammer is blocking (block attacks for little/no damage), Blade is defending (mitigate the damage). Chaos/Blade used to be the top dog of tanking when I played, if I had to guess it's probably still good.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:iit:

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

I think Drinkfist does that to most people.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

drinkfist is just misunderstood.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Drinkfist makes me happy.

Finndo
Dec 27, 2005

Title Text goes here.
Looking to sell a group of three 16x16 farms in North Two Crowns, near the coast and spec bench. Shoot me a PM if interested.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Server literally doesn't matter in TSW you can group up with anybody on any server at any time for PvE poo poo and yeah, Blade/Chaos is still perfectly viable but last time I checked the go to tanking build was Blade/Hammer. Wouldn't worry too much about tanking though, just make sure you don't die right away and you should be fine. Also one of you should bring something ranged for the next area, it helps.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
$30 bucks? Ehhhh. That's how much I paid for my GW2 account and I don't think I got my money's worth.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
Well someone recently posted some trial keys is their thread and if you want I can dig some up so people can try before they buy.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

Well he is SPECIAL... so it takes you to be SPECIAL like him to understand him.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Bauxite posted:

I bought wildstar and have a lifetime sub to TSW. Do I win?

Sup buddy, I'm in your clipper.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hello, all,

this should be the new mmo social thread for a while since archeage has shut down

does anyone here read gbs? right now in the hellthread they are talking about anthony burch from borderlands 2 writing fame being cucked by his wife

what other good stuff is going on

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Eonwe posted:

hello, all,

this should be the new mmo social thread for a while since archeage has shut down

does anyone here read gbs? right now in the hellthread they are talking about anthony burch from borderlands 2 writing fame being cucked by his wife

what other good stuff is going on

i kinda wish the Crew was better and not micro-transactions because a game where you just do donuts in front of other people sounds fun to me

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
yea, I really don't mind microtransactions but so few companies know how to do it right

like I've spent hundreds on planetside 2 bullshit, because I don't feel like I have to

once there is some kind of dumb roadblock in a game where you have to purchase or there is some obvious cash grab I just stop buying altogether

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pff, archeage isn't dead. They've just announced the :siren: Generous Compensation :siren: we've all been waiting for.

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/2014/12/04/archeage-downtime-compensation-details-and-plans/

quote:

ArcheAge Downtime Compensation – Details and Plans
December 4, 2014

Hi, everyone – With all ArcheAge servers being back up and the world of Erenor fully accessible as of late Tuesday night, we want to take a moment to say thanks for your patience and let you know where we are on compensation.

We never take your loyalty for granted and any time we don’t meet the high standards we set for ourselves, it’s important to us to make it up to you as generously as possible.
We’re currently applying compensation packs to everyone’s account. This does take a while, and it’ll be running through the rest of today.

If you’ve ever been a Patron as of the time of the servers returning, you’ll be gaining the ability to claim a Patron pack on the Glyph account website. That Patron pack contains:

5 Bonus Days of Patron Time
15 Superior Worker’s Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
30 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice
3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate)
3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP)
3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed)

For those who have not been a patron, the standard compensation pack contains:

10 Superior Worker’s Compensation Potions (500 LP each)
15 Loyalty Tokens to use at the Loyalty Store on the rewards of your choice
3 Greedy Goblin Gummies (+10% Loot Drop Rate)
3 Frankenflavor Jawbreakers (+10% XP)
3 Marshmallow Sugar Pumpkins (+3% Move Speed)
Once all of the packs are applied to everyone’s accounts, we’ll be following up with an email letting you know that you can head over to the Glyph account web pages to claim the pack and choose which character to assign it to.

(We’ll also be broadcasting in game as soon as they’re all applied, and posting instructions here so you don’t have to wait for that mail to land to get your packs!)

Thank you again so much for your patience, and we’ll see you soon in ArcheAge!
The ArcheAge Team

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Eonwe posted:

yea, I really don't mind microtransactions but so few companies know how to do it right

like I've spent hundreds on planetside 2 bullshit, because I don't feel like I have to

once there is some kind of dumb roadblock in a game where you have to purchase or there is some obvious cash grab I just stop buying altogether

Going back to the Gauss SAW and realizing that the default gun was better than the ones I had bought was one of my stranger gaming memories, I must admit. It also ruined other factions for me because the TTK on their guns felt so long, except for the CARV, that thing was more of a death laser than any disco beam the Vanu had.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.
The thing is Trion does know how to do it right, the on for Rift was amazing when it came out, lots of costumes, cool cosmetic mounts that'd scale with what you had earned in game, convenience poo poo and dimension stuff. Nothing that broke the game or was super expensive, I kept buying costumes and poo poo even after I mostly stopped playing the game just because. And now here we are and welp.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Morglon posted:

The thing is Trion does know how to do it right, the on for Rift was amazing when it came out, lots of costumes, cool cosmetic mounts that'd scale with what you had earned in game, convenience poo poo and dimension stuff. Nothing that broke the game or was super expensive, I kept buying costumes and poo poo even after I mostly stopped playing the game just because. And now here we are and welp.

yea, thats really why I felt ok about buying into this game because Rift actually was handled pretty well

I don't know what the gently caress decision making process happened with Archeage, but im probably not playing a game by trion ever again after this

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

Eonwe posted:

yea, thats really why I felt ok about buying into this game because Rift actually was handled pretty well

I don't know what the gently caress decision making process happened with Archeage, but im probably not playing a game by trion ever again after this

That's literally the only reason I threw down $150 for the Archeum pack. I enjoyed Rift immensely and thought Trion knew how to run their servers. They let us down something ridiculous with this game, and I'm in the same boat where I'll likely avoid anything put out by Trion in the future, even if they're the developers next time.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I paid around $25 for my first month's patron and some credits to get me started. The game has had some silly problems that should have been worked out before launch, but overall I don't feel bad about the $25. I think the key is to never ever spend hundreds of dollars on early access for anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Patch Notes for 1.8

* Fixed issue where the high standards we set for ourselves were showing up as low in certain instances.

• Locked thread