Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hermand posted:

It was a full height anatomical skeleton, as per the requested spec. How can it NOT be?

If they had constructed it I would agree, but they didn't so instead of providing a skeleton they provided a skeleton kit and therefore did not meet the brief.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hermand
Oct 3, 2004

V-Dubbin

Pissflaps posted:

If they had constructed it I would agree, but they didn't so instead of providing a skeleton they provided a skeleton kit and therefore did not meet the brief.

Tenuous at best and not the argument Sugar was making either. If they'd have built it, I don't believe for a minute it would have made any difference.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Didn't realise there was a thread for this. That loving skeleton. Sugar's reaction was priceless.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

hermand posted:

Tenuous at best and not the argument Sugar was making either. If they'd have built it, I don't believe for a minute it would have made any difference.

If they had built it they'd have had an argument to make.

And I disagree about sugar's argument being different: he said the same thing as me with his cake comparison.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pissflaps posted:

If they had built it they'd have had an argument to make.

And I disagree about sugar's argument being different: he said the same thing as me with his cake comparison.

No the cake comparison would be showing up with melted down plastic or ground up bone and saying it could conceivably be combined into the shape of a skeleton. This was already in the shape of a skeleton.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Steve2911 posted:

No the cake comparison would be showing up with melted down plastic or ground up bone and saying it could conceivably be combined into the shape of a skeleton. This was already in the shape of a skeleton.

No it was in the shape of some flat pieces of card with perforations. It was a card skeleton kit.

A live chicken and a rabbi with a knife wouldn't have fulfilled the kosher chicken order either.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Steve2911 posted:

no it wasnt

does that look anatomical to you?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Big Taff Man posted:

no it wasnt

does that look anatomical to you?

These are going to sell like hot cakes this Christmas.

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
So that's everyone gone who's not an absolute dickhead, yes?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

DoctorTristan posted:

Mark isn't a dickhead nor is the mackem woman nor Rosheen or the other woman.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

DoctorTristan posted:

Katie and Roisin are gold. Mark's only a mild dickhead, and sometimes seems like a real human.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Marks a massive dickhead. Very manipulative imo

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Big Taff Man posted:

Marks a massive dickhead. Very manipulative imo

He's influential and effective.

But dropped a bollock on the sink he should have got that for £55.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
I really dislike Daniel but he didn't do too badly as PM this week. Roisin will probably win.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I like Solomon, he seems nice.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Feeling pretty good about my pre-season pick. Katie is gonna win and make you all look like dickheads.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Captain Mediocre posted:

Feeling pretty good about my pre-season pick. Katie is gonna win and make you all look like dickheads.

Dunno, my pre season pick of Roisin is coming on strong

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Mark will win. I've been backing him from before the start.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Actually, to clarify: Mark will end the series as the best contestant on the apprentice, which has little to do with who will actually win the £250k, as that was decided before the process even started.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Sanjay is nice but he's a goner. And the last one to go will be either Bianca or Daniel, though Daniel's managed to stay this far likely because Sugar likes his business idea.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Sanjays not nice hes a right creepy oval office.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Pissflaps posted:

Actually, to clarify: Mark will end the series as the best contestant on the apprentice, which has little to do with who will actually win the £250k, as that was decided before the process even started.

Mark should be employed on a Dragons Den spin off selling all the tat and horrible ideas that people come in with, he's amazing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Total Meatlove posted:

Mark should be employed on a Dragons Den spin off selling all the tat and horrible ideas that people come in with, he's amazing.

Stagger it too, so each week he has to sell increasingly ridiculous products.

And he'd manage it anyway, dude is mirror smooth.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The show needs an "all stars" series so we can see Mark and Jedi Jim trying to outsell one another. I'm not sure even Jim could bag a £50 diamond, though.

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Boing posted:

Sanjay is nice but he's a goner. And the last one to go will be either Bianca or Daniel, though Daniel's managed to stay this far likely because Sugar likes his business idea.

Or it is atrocious, and will generate lots of scowly-faces in the interview episode.

There was one year that had a particularly terrible business idea and interview, but they've all just melted together in my head so I can't remember who it was.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

twoot posted:

Or it is atrocious, and will generate lots of scowly-faces in the interview episode.

There was one year that had a particularly terrible business idea and interview, but they've all just melted together in my head so I can't remember who it was.

You're thinking of Paul Tulip. I am a little embarrassed that I just know that but there we are.

Oh and what is up with all the Asda (?) OOPS labels in the AVs? I want one :colbert:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Rondette posted:

You're thinking of Paul Tulip. I am a little embarrassed that I just know that but there we are.

Oh and what is up with all the Asda (?) OOPS labels in the AVs? I want one :colbert:

If you cant even get the name of the label right then you dont deserve one

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

If you cant even get the name of the label right then you dont deserve one

It is asda though innit? :(

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Gervinha has to go next, every time she opens her mouth she drops a bollock.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Roisin is the apprentice of my heart :love:

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005

Junior G-man posted:

Roisin is the apprentice of my heart :love:

And mine. She's absolutely stonking.

Somehow I'd managed never to see an episode of the Apprentice before last night. It's bloody superb!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Gambrinus posted:

And mine. She's absolutely stonking.

Somehow I'd managed never to see an episode of the Apprentice before last night. It's bloody superb!

Look at all those seasons to catch up on :getin:

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES
The skeleton technicality didn't really matter. I think it was just an excuse to get rid of Felipe. Let's be honest he was clearly the weakest and had no real chance of winning after his awful leadership the previous week.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
The worst aspect of the skeleton was that Suralan just made up an arbitrary penalty amount (310, I think) so that team would lose even though they otherwise did better on the overall task.

And when I heard they needed to find Oud I thought, where are they going to locate one of these?

pippy posted:

The skeleton technicality didn't really matter. I think it was just an excuse to get rid of Felipe. Let's be honest he was clearly the weakest and had no real chance of winning after his awful leadership the previous week.

In the context of the show "weakest" must mean most calm and rational!

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

pippy posted:

Youre talking nonsense, the weakest candidate is clearly Sanjay

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
The weakest candidate is the one with the weakest business proposal, until we see those this is just filler. Enjoyable and slightly infuriating filler.

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
This task is stupid every season. I think the penalty is that they pay sticker/retail price. So you could just ignore all the low cost items, the high cost items are what make it. £310 for that skeleton killed them.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

adamarama posted:

This task is stupid every season. I think the penalty is that they pay sticker/retail price.

But weren't they also fined £50 for getting too much old rope? Can't see it costing that much.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
If Sugar thinks he's so good at finding scissors he should be able to cut his own rope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venusy
Feb 21, 2007

Fatty posted:

But weren't they also fined £50 for getting too much old rope? Can't see it costing that much.

Yeah, it seemed like the old rope fine was predefined. It's unclear if the £310 for the skeleton was the fine that was meant to go with the skeleton, or if Sugar just made that number up on the spot to guarantee a loss.

It is still dumb that they can't use the Internet to research things. Or on the design challenges, send a picture to the other sub-team so they can actually see if the design's OK or not.

• Locked thread