Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Inhuman's power trickery tends to really gently caress up normal humans so I'm just guessing that's what happened to Mack.

But what were Mack and Morris talking about when mentioning Hadley dying in the early part of the season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

notthegoatseguy posted:

Inhuman's power trickery tends to really gently caress up normal humans so I'm just guessing that's what happened to Mack.

But what were Mack and Morris talking about when mentioning Hadley dying in the early part of the season?

Lucy Lawless's character.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Joust posted:

I looked up Marvel characters with Red eyes and I think Mack is going to be Scott Summers!?!?

A mindless one!

http://marvel.wikia.com/Mindless_Ones

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

notthegoatseguy posted:

The best answer anyone can give right now is "we don't know, that was supposed to be surprising." With Mack's wavering about Coulson earlier my current hunch is Hydra sleepers looking incite dischord/recruit others from the newcomers, but given the show it could really be anything.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Cat Terrist posted:

They are flat out basically saying it's Inhumans.

Why on earth are you so disbelieving Inhumans are about to be introduced to the MCU?

How are they flat out saying it? Because they used the word freak or whatever? I'm starting to think I did miss something, because I never got the sense they hinted at it any more than they usually do. Like, we knew that guy was a Kree and I agree that it's most likely Inhumans, but "flat out basically saying" is not what I got from that episode. I don't consider anything confirmed until the words "Attilan", "Terrigen" or "Inhuman" are said on the show.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Cat Terrist posted:

They are flat out basically saying it's Inhumans.

Why on earth are you so disbelieving Inhumans are about to be introduced to the MCU?

Marvel Studios proper has next to nothing to do with this show. It will never, ever be anything but an inessential companion to the actual MCU narrative.

Whether that rules out Inhumans being introduced in some vague, mostly-conceptual form on this show largely independent of their backstory (as Deadpool says above, there isn't much that can be done with Inhumans narratively without touching the Royal Family or the structure of their society)... well, maybe I was being too absolute there, maybe I wasn't. We'll see.

For what it's worth, in 616, the Terrigen Mists are not in fact the only Kree invention capable of giving humans superpowers.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Dec 4, 2014

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Enjoy reading this you git.

http://furiousfanboys.com/2014/12/yes-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-is-introducing-the-inhumans-this-season/

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Rocksicles posted:

http://furiousfanboys.com/2014/12/yes-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-is-introducing-the-inhumans-this-season/

Okay, that's twice now you've linked to random other people who know nothing more about the next episode than I do stating speculation as fact, then treated that as factual confirmation that proves me to be wrong. Strange.

Maybe you should learn the distinction between random fanboy bloggers or goons, and say, the mouths of the showrunners?

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Dec 4, 2014

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Rocksicles posted:

One person's analysis of an episode doesn't prove a thing?

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Rocksicles posted:

I'm on your side but that "article" is nothing but some random rear end in a top hat putting forth his interpretation of last night's episode and calling it official.

Also he suggests that Mack is probably Luke Cage and that next week we'll see Adam Warlock. :allears:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Barry Convex posted:

Marvel Studios proper has next to nothing to do with this show. It will never, ever be anything but an inessential companion to the actual MCU narrative.

Whether that rules out Inhumans being introduced in some vague, mostly-conceptual form on this show largely independent of their backstory (as Deadpool says above, there isn't much that can be done with Inhumans narratively without touching the Royal Family or the structure of their society)... well, maybe I was being too absolute there, maybe I wasn't. We'll see.

For what it's worth, in 616, the Terrigen Mists are not in fact the only Kree invention capable of giving humans superpowers.

If you really think you cant have some larger narrative without touching the royal family, then you somehow have put Inhumans into a little tiny imagination box that has to conform to your storytelling rules - when in fact the actual narratives can be huge and next to limitless even if you exclude the established canon, which the MCU seems to be quite gleeful in throwing out half the time. You just do not have to tell a kickass Inhumans story within your imagined limitations.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

I sat down and binge-watched the poo poo out of this show from the beginning. I'm all caught up now. My general feelings (spoilered just in case people are still behind):

-Ward betraying the group was a nice twist but IMO he should have died at the end of season 1 along with the other guy. I know some people like that he's kind of a wildcard right now but the whole thing just feels a bit too stretched (it also gives the impression that none of the main characters are killable, which introduces its own problems). And hopefully he has more of an angle than just a creepy obsession with Skye.
-I also don't understand why they keep letting Agent 33 live. She's clearly the enemy now, just put a bullet in her head and move on. But no, every time they knock her out they just leave her lying there.
-I haven't decided how I feel about Fitz's condition. It was interesting to see him struggle and try to fit in for the first few episodes of the season (especially with Simmons gone), but I feel that, from a plot perspective, it's another one of those things that the writers extended for far too long. He's very good at acting the part, though, and you can almost taste the others' impatience when they listen to him try to explain stuff.
-Tripplet is my favorite person on the show right now. I like that he's pretty straight-forward and genuinely likable.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

XboxPants posted:

I'm on your side but that "article" is nothing but some random rear end in a top hat putting forth his interpretation of last night's episode and calling it official.

Also he suggests that Mack is probably Luke Cage and that next week we'll see Adam Warlock. :allears:

To be fair i did post the wrong link, i had two.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/03/agents-shield-kree-inhumans-spoilers/

fair call it doesn't spell it out, but whatever

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Hakkesshu posted:

How are they flat out saying it? Because they used the word freak or whatever? I'm starting to think I did miss something, because I never got the sense they hinted at it any more than they usually do. Like, we knew that guy was a Kree and I agree that it's most likely Inhumans, but "flat out basically saying" is not what I got from that episode. I don't consider anything confirmed until the words "Attilan", "Terrigen" or "Inhuman" are said on the show.

Honestly, if we knew Spider-Man would end up in the MCU and this show had a character talking about their friend Peter that got bit by a spider while visiting Oscorp, a few of you would still insist it had nothing to do with Spider-Man.

They are literally talking about Inhumans at this point. The 'blue angels' visiting Earth and creating special people is LITERALLY the Inhumans origin. And to make it even more obvious, they outright said it was the Kree. While we may never see the royal family or any Inhumans that are part of Attilan society on this show, we are already seeing Inhumans. Anyone that can touch the obelisk is obviously from the Inhuman bloodline.

Barry Convex posted:

Marvel Studios proper has next to nothing to do with this show.

Have you actually watched this show? If you haven't it would explain a lot of your opinions.

DFu4ever fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Dec 4, 2014

Acinonyx
Oct 21, 2005

greatn posted:

Other things he is really good in: Bob's Burgers when he is a guest, the movie Big Fan, Hus guest spots in Parks and Recreation. Lots of other stuff but those are my faves.

If you haven't seen his run on 'Justified', do yourself a favor and watch it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Acinonyx posted:

If you haven't seen his run on 'Justified', do yourself a favor and watch it.

Three words: Bug out bag.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

DFu4ever posted:

Honestly, if we knew Spider-Man would end up in the MCU and this show had a character talking about their friend Peter that got bit by a spider while visiting Oscorp, a few of you would still insist it had nothing to do with Spider-Man.

They are literally talking about Inhumans at this point. The 'blue angels' visiting Earth and creating special people is LITERALLY the Inhumans origin. And to make it even more obvious, they outright said it was the Kree. While we may never see the royal family or any Inhumans that are part of Attilan society on this show, we are already seeing Inhumans. Anyone that can touch the obelisk is obviously from the Inhuman bloodline.

Have you actually watched this show? If you haven't it would explain a lot of your opinions.

Hey, it's people who got random powers from aliens. It's possible the show could do a total mindfuck, and it turns out that all the people who got super powers from aliens, are actually descended from members of the Power Pack. That would be one hell of a twist. A stupid twist, but a twist.

Or they could just introduce the idea of Inhumans, without bringing in any of the big name Inhumans like Black Bolt or Medusa.

At this point they're just investigating an abandoned Inhuman city. That doesn't mean Black Bolt and Medusa have to show up in the show. The Inhumans have a history of packing up and moving when necessary. For all we know the vast majority of Inhumans are chilling in the Blue area of the moon, and occasionally bumming a cup of sugar from their neighbor Uatu. Or they could be in the Himalayas. They move around a bit.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Dec 4, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

thrakkorzog posted:

Hey, it's people who got random powers from aliens. It's possible the show could do a total mindfuck, and it turns out that all the people who got super powers from aliens, are actually descended from members of the Power Pack. That would be one hell of a twist. A stupid twist, but a twist.

It's not just random aliens, though, it's specifically the same aliens, the Kree. Comic book lore has such an obscene amount of just... heaps of details that you can't just ignore the minutia like that.

Like, for instance, the Power Pack didn't just get their powers from random aliens, they got their powers from Kymellians. They kinda look like horses. Beta Ray Bill (Space Thor) is a Kymellian. Funny coincidence, there are Kymellian "Inhumans", also created by the Kree, with the same origin as the Terran Inhumans. One of Black Bolt's five wives is a Kymellian.

If the show had been talking all season about a lone Kymellian Sorceror who had, with his dying breath, given magic powers to a small group of humans in order to fight lizard people then yes, people would be expecting a Power Pack reference.

Instead, it's a story about Kree coming to Earth in pre-historic times to build a large, advanced, hidden city guarded by Kree Sentries in order to experiment on humans and allow a chosen few (as well as their descendants who have now mixed into the population and most, but not all, been forgotten) to become "something more", although those humans don't seem to be much more than human unless they go to that aforementioned city and interact with the Kree technology.

We don't know how much detail they'll go into on the show, but it's a little too detailed to be coincidence at this point.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Dec 4, 2014

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

XboxPants posted:

It's not just random aliens, though, it's specifically the same aliens, the Kree. Comic book lore has such an obscene amount of just... heaps of details that you can't just ignore the minutia like that.

Like, for instance, the Power Pack didn't just get their powers from random aliens, they got their powers from Kymellians. They kinda look like horses. Beta Ray Bill (Space Thor) is a Kymellian. Funny coincidence, there are Kymellian "Inhumans", also created by the Kree, with the same origin as the Terran Inhumans. One of Black Bolt's five wives is a Kymellian.

If the show had been talking all season about a lone Kymellian Sorceror who had, with his dying breath, given magic powers to a small group of humans in order to fight lizard people then yes, people would be expecting a Power Pack reference.

Instead, it's a story about Kree coming to Earth in pre-historic times to build a large, advanced, hidden city guarded by Kree Sentries in order to experiment on humans and allow a chosen few (as well as their descendants who have now mixed into the population and most, but not all, been forgotten) to become "something more", although those humans don't seem to be much more than human unless they go to that aforementioned city and interact with the Kree technology.

We don't know how much detail they'll go into on the show, but it's a little too detailed to be coincidence at this point.

OK, just as an FYI, you have gone full comic book guy on this. I made the Power Pack reference as a joke, and you apparently can't take a joke.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Really, people just have to ask themselves which of these two statements is the dumb one:

"We are setting up the inhumans background lore in the TV series, to lay the groundwork for the the Movie coming out in a couple of years"

or

"We are settings up a new race of super-powered humans in the tv series who are not inhumans at all, but have a background story that is 99% identical to the inhumans that will feature in one of our movies in a few years."

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I'm going to be completely honest that the reason there is any remaining skepticism on the matter is probably because this show has a pretty poor track record of sticking the landing on this sort of thing. No matter how well-made AoS is right now, it still tends heavily towards the blue-balls approach in regards to its superhuman storylines.

I mean, it's going to be Inhumans. We can all see that virtually all hints point towards it being the Inhumans. But I agree that until the words "Inhuman," "Attilan," or "Terrigen" are uttered aloud onscreen, they could still cheap out on us. Just, in my opinion, they haven't completely earned the benefit of the doubt on this matter just yet.

Actually, I think what would be even worse is if they make it so that it's blatantly, obviously the Inhumans, but still continue to hold off on officially declaring it the Inhumans for years to come, kinda like they've been doing now, and like they did last season with "Hydra" and "Centipede."

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

I'm going to be completely honest that the reason there is any remaining skepticism on the matter is probably because this show has a pretty poor track record of sticking the landing on this sort of thing. No matter how well-made AoS is right now, it still tends heavily towards the blue-balls approach in regards to its superhuman storylines.

I mean, it's going to be Inhumans. We can all see that virtually all hints point towards it being the Inhumans. But I agree that until the words "Inhuman," "Attilan," or "Terrigen" are uttered aloud onscreen, they could still cheap out on us. Just, in my opinion, they haven't completely earned the benefit of the doubt on this matter just yet.

Actually, I think what would be even worse is if they make it so that it's blatantly, obviously the Inhumans, but still continue to hold off on officially declaring it the Inhumans for years to come, kinda like they've been doing now, and like they did last season with "Hydra" and "Centipede."

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from there. You're being totally fair. I'd like to imagine the show has gotten better about this kind of thing but they certainly haven't proven anything yet. Same deal with Skye & her dad; it really, really looks like we know who they are, but until they actually say the words Daisy or Hyde/Zabo they could still do something dumb there, too.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah, this is basically my feelings on the subject. The show is great now but they pussyfoot around the major reveals that relate to the grand MCU arc.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Either way next week is the mid-season finale, right? We'll know if they chicken out then. Like I said, I have very little doubt we're actually dealing with Inhumans here, but that doesn't mean I expect the show to actually do anything significant with any of those characters, even the lesser ones.

Woden
May 6, 2006
The next movie is Age of Ultron and that comes out May 1st, it has mutants/inhumans. So 10 episodes to either set them up or 9 episodes of filler and a cross over episode with the movie like last season.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Hakkesshu posted:

Either way next week is the mid-season finale, right? We'll know if they chicken out then. Like I said, I have very little doubt we're actually dealing with Inhumans here, but that doesn't mean I expect the show to actually do anything significant with any of those characters, even the lesser ones.

Probably completely unfeasible and/or too soon, but I'd love Crystal (and Lockjaw, obviously - Lockjaw for everything) to show up if they could lock in a (presumably young and relatively cheap) actress to a Marvel-approved contract, to have her be their Inhuman guide or just a cool ally, even if she wasn't obviously Crystal to avoid anything too big prior to the films (if she only used hints of her powers maybe and didn't have her hair style?). Crystal does have the most ties to regular humans in the comics, but I don't know if she would be stepping on Raina's/Crazy Doc Dad's toes as the people who know about the Diviner/Inhumans and her powers are pretty crazy for a TV Show budget potentially.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Woden posted:

The next movie is Age of Ultron and that comes out May 1st, it has mutants/inhumans. So 10 episodes to either set them up or 9 episodes of filler and a cross over episode with the movie like last season.

They've specifically said Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't Inhumans.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Kruller posted:

They've specifically said Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch aren't Inhumans.

I wouldn't trust that until we've seen the movie. Maybe they are NuHumans or some poo poo given Hydra's interest in it all.

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

Hakkesshu posted:

I figure there is going to be a bit of reveal then the Inhumans are going to shoot off to the moon. In the Inhumans movie there will be some mention that SHIELD encountered them before they disappeared (or Coulson will keep there secret to stop HYDRA from finding them).

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

XboxPants posted:

One of Black Bolt's five wives is a Kymellian.

Black Bolt is a Brony!

Maybe Mack could be Gauntlet? This origin would be less dumb than his actual one.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

enraged_camel posted:

I sat down and binge-watched the poo poo out of this show from the beginning. I'm all caught up now. My general feelings (spoilered just in case people are still behind):

-Ward betraying the group was a nice twist but IMO he should have died at the end of season 1 along with the other guy. I know some people like that he's kind of a wildcard right now but the whole thing just feels a bit too stretched (it also gives the impression that none of the main characters are killable, which introduces its own problems). And hopefully he has more of an angle than just a creepy obsession with Skye.
-I also don't understand why they keep letting Agent 33 live. She's clearly the enemy now, just put a bullet in her head and move on. But no, every time they knock her out they just leave her lying there.
-I haven't decided how I feel about Fitz's condition. It was interesting to see him struggle and try to fit in for the first few episodes of the season (especially with Simmons gone), but I feel that, from a plot perspective, it's another one of those things that the writers extended for far too long. He's very good at acting the part, though, and you can almost taste the others' impatience when they listen to him try to explain stuff.
-Tripplet is my favorite person on the show right now. I like that he's pretty straight-forward and genuinely likable.

I don't see any reason this post has to have spoilers in it. You're talking exclusively about things that have already happened and your impression of them. Just letting you know.

And I absolutely agree on Agent 33. Not so much on Ward though because I am one of those people you mention who likes bat poo poo crazy wildcard Ward.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Though I understand why they can't appear on the TV show, it is getting pretty exasperating at this point that no one even brings up the possibility of at least filling in the Avengers on what is going on, or mentions something that explains Coulson & Co not even attempting to have contact with them.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The Avengers as an organization doesn't exist. I'm sure Coulson has tried unsuccessfully to contact Romanov or Barton. Probably want to stay as far away from Banner as possible, Tony is a loudmouth who can't be told Shield is around, and Thor doesn't exactly have a cell phone.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I wouldn't trust that until we've seen the movie. Maybe they are NuHumans or some poo poo given Hydra's interest in it all.

Skye and Raina are probably the type of characters the comic refers to as Nuhumans.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
If all of SHIELD got leaked on the internet.... wouldn't pretty much everyone know that Coulson is alive anyways?

I don't even know that they've mentioned that after that Sif thing.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Coulson and that entire project was strictly off book.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

The MSJ posted:

Skye and Raina are probably the type of characters the comic refers to as Nuhumans.

I'm just gonna say what we're all thinking here: Skye is actually Buddy

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I though Buddy was Nick Furry?

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

OB_Juan posted:

I though Buddy was Nick Furry?

http://marvel.wikia.com/Nick_Furry_%28Earth-8311%29 ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Three words: Bug out bag.

Go bag, and did you know he put Ollie Camp in a coma?

• Locked thread