Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Mister Macys posted:

All the attachments and camos were available though. None of this challenge grind bullshit.

I'm in the middle of the Mk14 no perks/attatchments grind and it's making me want to kill myself irl. Blops1 got a lot wrong but the unlock system was not one of them.

In other news, if you've not been using the stinger as an anti personnel weapon, you're missing out, it's hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I liked the BLOPS 2 attachment unlock system, but that might be just because your attachment unlocks persisted through a player prestige.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

does anybody know wtf is using gps's account?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

maybe it's his call of duty ghost ahaha no

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
It's his nephew or something. :( I should probably take his GT off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Wazzit posted:

It's his nephew or something. :( I should probably take his GT off.

You have an Xbox One. You have the room on your friends list now. Leave him on. <:mad:>

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

JackGeneric posted:

*Allegedly, it's can happen on any "player action" including kills, but for me it always triggers on the first death of a match. I do a lot of dying, though, so maybe it's just me.

Yeah it usually triggers on my first death, to the point that if I survive past halftime it still won't trigger until I die. Rarely it happens on a random kill if I go 5 minutes + but I can;t see any real pattern for anything other than "welp you dead."

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

GET MY BELT SON posted:

maybe it's his call of duty ghost ahaha no

Maybe it's the ghost of his mangled arm come to seek hockey vengeance

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
There's gotta be more to supply drops than that. Buddy of mine is awful at this game and got 3 within 2 matches.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I poured one out for GPS so here is a code in his name

BC9EC PC9C6

Gordon Shumway
Jan 21, 2008

JackGeneric posted:

*Allegedly, it's can happen on any "player action" including kills, but for me it always triggers on the first death of a match. I do a lot of dying, though, so maybe it's just me.

Yeah, usually it triggers on my first death of the match. On the rare occasion that I start off a match well, it triggers when I hit a bloodthirsty.

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

Fibby Boy posted:

There's gotta be more to supply drops than that. Buddy of mine is awful at this game and got 3 within 2 matches.

Depends on the length of the matches. If he was in 25 minutes of momentum it'd make sense.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Dalai Trauma posted:

Depends on the length of the matches. If he was in 25 minutes of momentum it'd make sense.

He played two dom games.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

SpazmasterX posted:

Maybe it's the ghost of his mangled arm come to seek hockey vengeance

drat. Pour out another.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Also playing alone lets you see just how many bad spawn points dom has.

Edit: Recovery has a map exploit that functions as a spawn trap in momentum.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 4, 2014

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Fibby Boy posted:

playing alone

Did you lose a loving bet or something

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009
What happened to everyone? The only other person on last night from 8 to 9 EST was Frequency that I saw.

Playing alone is rough - I just don't get the pubbie mentality of completely ignoring any and all objectives.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Rei_ posted:

Did you lose a loving bet or something

All the 360 players hosed off to play farcry and dragon age. Plus it's the best way to earn shotgun camos.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
http://charlieintel.com/2014/12/04/new-patch-advanced-warfare-now-live-xbox-one-ps4/

Patch out for the systems that matter, no notes yet though. Some of the comments about weapon balance are encouraging though.

e:

drjakeyoung • 2 hours ago
kills in hardpoint and domination are now worth 100 points. Kills in the
hardpoint are 125, kills in domination spots are 150, so we're earning
killstreaks alot faster now. KC is still 50 and 50

Domination captures are now worth 200

Armory now has sections

When you unlock gun attachments they show up in new Items

Clan wars info on your screen

Your own minimap arrow is now white

Various weapon buffs and nerfs.

versus fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 4, 2014

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

why release a patch without full notes? Or why did they release 2 patches as one last time and not specify which one had what fixes of the long list

Pretty_Llama posted:

What happened to everyone? The only other person on last night from 8 to 9 EST was Frequency that I saw.

Playing alone is rough - I just don't get the pubbie mentality of completely ignoring any and all objectives.

Dat KDR bro

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Pretty_Llama posted:

I was playing with Knrosu and winterrmute for a bit, but it was "spawn in front of enemies and die in one bullet" night so I went and played something else instead.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Quabzor posted:

In blops you still had to hit certain levels to unlock guns and perks though I thought. You just had the option of skipping some unlocks(gently caress the China Lake).

The China Lake was hilarious on Nuketown, Summit and Grid.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Christoff posted:

why release a patch without full notes? Or why did they release 2 patches as one last time and not specify which one had what fixes of the long list

At least they release notes eventually, unlike some games :mad:

I'm going to see if what this one comment said about stuff is true: http://www.twitch.tv/versussa

Ok well the Mk14 is still bad. :negative:

versus fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 4, 2014

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Finally got royalty camo for shotguns and the sweet disco pants that come with it. Feels good.

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

versus posted:

killstreaks alot faster now.

Yay!

Pretty_Llama posted:

I assume everyone was watching the Sixers get their first win. First step on the way to 65-17!

Pretty_Llama
Nov 11, 2009

venutolo posted:

I assume everyone was watching the Sixers get their first win. First step on the way to 65-17!

Isn't 1-16 the #8 seed in the East right now?

Spoon Man
Mar 15, 2003

Pretty_Llama posted:

Isn't 1-16 the #8 seed in the East right now?

Top 3 in the top 3 groups of 3 in the East!

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

FallinInTheBlak posted:

The China Lake was hilarious on Nuketown, Summit and Grid.

It is the only weapon that I never got a kill with.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Weapon Balancing Updates (Note: Adjustments affect base weapon and all loot variants):
Bal27: damage reduced, max damage range decreased, recoil adjusted
HBRa3: max damage range decreased
ASM1: max damage range increased
MP11: max damage range increased
EM1: damage increased
EPM3: damage increased, ads time decreased
XMG: damage increased, lockdown mode increased

Ameli: damage increased
Pytaek: damage increased

Full list of changes: http://charlieintel.com/2014/12/04/new-patch-advanced-warfare-now-live-xbox-one-ps4/

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
Man those are nice balance tweaks that make me happy to try some guns I was disappointed in - although I'm not sure why the MP11 needed more max damage at optimal (melee) range. :D

The XMG especially, it was really frustrating to hit someone with it two or three times in hardcore and have then turn and kill you.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
From reading around the EM1 buff isn't nearly as drastic as the 360/ps3 buff. Also no buff's for shotguns. :smith:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

versus posted:

drjakeyoung • 2 hours ago
killstreaks alot faster now. KC is still 50 and 50

Holy poo poo. Is the initial base cap 200 points as well? I've always thought that kills in Dom should at least be 75 points, so this is great news.

:getin:

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

poo poo I already love the XMGs, I'm gonna be a goddamn beast if they don't suck now.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

Wazzit posted:

Holy poo poo. Is the initial base cap 200 points as well? I've always thought that kills in Dom should at least be 75 points, so this is great news.

:getin:

I hope you like constant system hacks. :(

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

:( Didn't consider that. Maybe I'll have to start running Hard Wired if it gets that bad.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

versus posted:

I hope you like constant system hacks. :(
I've had a couple of non-deathmatch games where this happened. Literally every time a hack ran out, another one cropped up. It is pretty awful when they are literally being chained together. ;)

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
My initial reaction to the 200 point dom cap was that they regressed to the Ghosts "only the first person on the point gets the points" model. If that's not the case then HOLY poo poo ABC BOYS LETS GET THESE STREAKS

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
Capping a point, allowing a single attacker to reclaim it then killing them & recapping could become a really good way to farm paladins and other high point non-support streaks for the first few minutes of the second round.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
So we traded Bal of Duty for System Hack/Bombing Run of Duty. I don't really mind I guess, more streaks for me is cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Nerd Alpha
Aug 27, 2012

going on pussy patrol
I was about to ask if there was some hack going on because the last game I played went like this

EXO SYSTEM HACK
BOMBING RUN
EXO SYSTREM HACK
BOMBING RUN
x3

Within the first 3 minutes of the game. Granted we were getting beat, not bad mind you, but it didn't seem right to have that going on that early in a game of Domination.

• Locked thread