Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Simultaneous switch attempts

Kind of want to see Rose fight Waterson now.

drat nice finish too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Rose is good. Train more grappling, Jojo.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Rose's relentless attack is unreal. You can never rest against her.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Also Rose appears to be the only woman on the cast who is jabbing consistently and landing them.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Rose's tears are all of our tears right now.

Edit: Jojo :(

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Throwing endless chains of submissions on someone who trains her ground game in Scotland is almost cheating

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

fatherdog posted:

Throwing endless chains of submissions on someone who trains her ground game in Scotland is almost cheating

It almost felt like they should have stopped on the ground and let Jojo learn the buttons first.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Randa/Rose has gotta be fight of the season. Carla is probably gonna steamroll Jessica.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

fatherdog posted:

In the first round when Jojo tried the osoto and got dumped on her rear end I thought "that is the most British takedown that I've ever seen"

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Hahaha, that lopsided vote about whose win was more impressive

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Carla looked awful and I really hope she doesn't Keep Fitching

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

1st AD posted:

Carla looked awful and I really hope she doesn't Keep Fitching

I, for one, would be fine with Carla doubling her way right into a guillotine in a fight that she was supposed to handily win.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I can beat Rose because...ummm...

Jupiter Jazz
Jan 13, 2007

by sebmojo

double negative posted:

Hahaha, that lopsided vote about whose win was more impressive

Where exactly?

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Himuro posted:

Where exactly?

It was on Fox Sports 1 after the show.

Anyone know what a Seo Hee Ham (apparently AKA Hamderlei Silva) is

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

On the FS1 wrapup show.

TUF Finale fights:
JoJo vs some Korean
Bec vs Heather
Tecia vs Angela Magaņa

Couldn't remember the rest

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

double negative posted:

Anyone know what a Seo Hee Ham is

Some asian jobber they're bringing in to make sure that Jojo gets a win, b/c Kish isn't able to fight.

e. Wait, heather is fighting on the finale? I thought her knee was totally hosed :frogdowns:

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

1st AD posted:

On the FS1 wrapup show.

TUF Finale fights:
JoJo vs some Korean
Bec vs Heather
Tecia vs Angela Magaņa

Couldn't remember the rest

Uhh...Kagan vs. Hill and Daly vs. Chambers? Missing the 6th I think

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Lisa vs Felice

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

double negative posted:

It was on Fox Sports 1 after the show.

Anyone know what a Seo Hee Ham (apparently AKA Hamderlei Silva) is

Kickboxer, she trains with Stun Gun. She's beaten some people at Road FC, lost to Ayaka Hamasaki (a top atomweight) a few times. She kinda goes between straw and atomweight

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Haha, can't wait to see Magana get wrecked by Torres.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
So Rose is winning this poo poo, right?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Captain Log posted:

So Rose is winning this poo poo, right?

I dunno, she looked great but she ended up on bottom quite a few times. Randa seems to have the To Kill a (Wo)man With Wrestling thing down, so it could be interesting. As much as I like Rose, she's young and has plenty of time. I want to see Randa take it all. Her gas and her takedowns seem better than Carla's, and I want to see Carla got Full Tuchscherer in the octagon after losing the inaugural championship fight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I dunno, she looked great but she ended up on bottom quite a few times. Randa seems to have the To Kill a (Wo)man With Wrestling thing down, so it could be interesting. As much as I like Rose, she's young and has plenty of time. I want to see Randa take it all. Her gas and her takedowns seem better than Carla's, and I want to see Carla got Full Tuchscherer in the octagon after losing the inaugural championship fight.

But could anyone be more threatening off their back than Rose? She doesn't just not give a gently caress about being on her back, she is constantly being a legit threat from that position.

Are there any videos of the fight up yet? I want to rewatch it.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Captain Log posted:

But could anyone be more threatening off their back than Rose? She doesn't just not give a gently caress about being on her back, she is constantly being a legit threat from that position.

Are there any videos of the fight up yet? I want to rewatch it.

Sadly, against a seasoned grappler it's really rare to get submissions of your back in MMA, so I'd expect Randa to dominate if she survives Rose's initial flurry. The whole TV show is up online somewhere if you want to re watch.

fatherdog posted:

Hey, there are legit BJJ schools all over the UK (even Scotland), and Roger Gracie lives here for fucks sake. I'm sure Jojo just trains at the wrong camp to benefit as she's clearly focussed on Muay Thai thus far.

We suck at wrestling, not BJJ.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
drat Magana is being fed to Torres. I guess thet are trying to build her back up after the show

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Have they announced anything about TUF 21? Usually I've heard something about tryouts or whatever by the time that the finale is rolling up. Actually, have they announced anything about any more TUF series at all, of any sort?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
As much as I like Rose and JoJo I have to admit seeing Randa take the gold from the 14th seed has a really nice appeal to it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Trast posted:

As much as I like Rose and JoJo I have to admit seeing Randa take the gold from the 14th seed has a really nice appeal to it.

I just flipped through all of the numbered TUF seasons, and she'd be one of the biggest underdog winners. Gastelum was 15th of 16 and Court McGee was 12th of 14. Brad Imes made it to the final as 15th of 16 in an early season in which they were picking both welterweights and heavyweights at the same time.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
So Dana's "New Rhonda Rousey" has to be Rose or Randa at this point right? Penne is a charisma black-hole and Carla puking after a match doesn't strike me as Rousey-esque.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

So Dana's "New Rhonda Rousey" has to be Rose or Randa at this point right? Penne is a charisma black-hole and Carla puking after a match doesn't strike me as Rousey-esque.

Maybe he just means that during their bout they'll merge into a single being, Randa Rosy.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

CommonShore posted:

I just flipped through all of the numbered TUF seasons, and she'd be one of the biggest underdog winners. Gastelum was 15th of 16 and Court McGee was 12th of 14. Brad Imes made it to the final as 15th of 16 in an early season in which they were picking both welterweights and heavyweights at the same time.

And those seasons weren't collections of the best and brightest in the division, either.

Literally no one was talking about Randa before the season started and now she could win the belt.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I don't think Torres is gonna steamroll Magaņa at all.

I'm pretty sure Sean Shelby and Joe Silva are better at their jobs than that Invicta matchmaker who got fired, or Julie Kedzie.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Magana had a good first round against Daly but then got really tuckered out. The blueprint to beating Tecia Torres was exposed pretty heavily on TUF though (wrestling).

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

In an alternate universe, Invicta FC 8's main event would've been 5 rounds of Carla vs Tecia. I'm not sure how to process that but lol.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

1st AD posted:

In an alternate universe, Invicta FC 8's main event would've been 5 rounds of Carla vs Tecia. I'm not sure how to process that but lol.

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that being in The House adversely affected their performances, not to mention that it was Torres's third fight in however many weeks, and Carla's second. Carla has gone five rounds without puking, and Tecia has fought much higher-paced fights and given far more impressive performances.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Mazzagatti2Hotty posted:

It's Rose, Rhonda pretty much revealed it during the pre series press rounds she did where she spent a lot of time putting over Rose as being her pick for the next breakthrough talent like her.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Here's one of Seo Hee Ham's recent fights. The fight with Joanne could be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8tiyOvZZvA&t=60s

e: also even though Joanne lost and her grappling looked suspect, I was still impressed with how she adjusted between rounds. She was getting lit up in the first but you could tell that she took Pettis' advice between rounds and started fighting at a better range in the second (though obviously she got tied up eventually).

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Dec 4, 2014

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Rose is looking really impressive. I pretty much fast forwarded through the Carla fight when she started spamming takedown attempts and Torres limp-legged out of 'em. It was entertaining in 3x speed, not so much in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

colonel_korn posted:

Here's one of Seo Hee Ham's recent fights. The fight with Joanne could be fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8tiyOvZZvA&t=60s

e: also even though Joanne lost and her grappling looked suspect, I was still impressed with how she adjusted between rounds. She was getting lit up in the first but you could tell that she took Pettis' advice between rounds and started fighting at a better range in the second (though obviously she got tied up eventually).

The clinch work leading up to the kimura was a sight to see. Rose got hurt by the elbow and punch on the break, and switched right to grappling mode. I would love to see a rematch after full camps.

• Locked thread