Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Malaya is fun if you've never done it. I wanted to try Cyprus / Knights -> KoJ game but i dont really know how you even start that sucker

Probably the same way you do byz. Just butter up Poland nonstop & then roflstomp Ottomans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

Ethiopia one might be fun now that they're Muslim tech instead of tribal mudmen

I still need to finish my Ethiopia Jew game in CK2.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

The Wiz agreed to steal all of Arumba's ideas on the Paradox Forums

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

DICKHEAD posted:

The Wiz agreed to steal all of Arumba's ideas on the Paradox Forums

yeah, and on a stream too

(tw: r*ddit)
http://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/2nkqt3/paradox_interactive_on_twitter_in_a_hour_well_be/

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the barbarossa cheevo reminds me of the oman game i started to see if ibadi and their ideas were cool and instead of conquering the lovely arabian 1 tax provinces and butting heads with the ottomans to form arabia and change my badass trade/naval ideas for poo poo, i instead went after the indian coast and now rule the ocean like a boss :dukedog:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I love that since coasts are so much more valuable like 90% of the time than inland provinces you can just snipe all of the Esturarys and CoTs and be the richest empire by far.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

thats cool

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
update: karen is hard as gently caress

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

MindSet posted:

update: karen is hard as gently caress

Hell yeah it is. On a similar note, has anyone tried a game of EU4 as the Knights?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

zeal posted:

Hell yeah it is. On a similar note, has anyone tried a game of EU4 as the Knights?

I did once pre AOW. It's very difficult; you can't actually fabricate claims on anyone but Anatolia. You have only the protection of Venice to depend on. Venice is also like your closest target for expansion.

Never actually got a province in that game.

MindSet
Dec 21, 2008

If this goes badly, and I make a crater, I want it named after me!
Attempt #4 at Karen ironman: immediately picked up as much as I could from the tahirids to the south before the saffarids could eliminate them. Swore fealty to samanids afterward. I tried really hard to hold onto my realm while trying to pick up counties from my neighbors, but ultimately I stayed in an independence faction at the wrong time (I actually forgot I was involved in it or I'd have pulled out) and was pulled into an war I couldn't win since the saffarids had just invaded and my manpower was totally depleted.

It's really a lack of good breeding stock and the tiny military ability the Zoroastrians suffer from. I have to spend way too much time and gold on inviting débutantes and nobles, since most of your starting court barely has 10 in any attributes

MindSet fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Nov 30, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

i got through the breeding thing by using the character maker thing before the game and using the Zoroastrian incest rules to make them inbred enough to retain good traits but get concubines to keep them from becoming retarded

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Allowing hotjoining on singleplayer is my new favorite thing.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Nationalism is the best CB because the AI will use it for pretty borders

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

I'm debating getting march of eagles since it's on sale even though it won't ever be patched and isn't supposed to be good except supposedly multi. I think I'm retarded

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
No don't get it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

DICKHEAD posted:

I'm debating getting march of eagles since it's on sale even though it won't ever be patched and isn't supposed to be good except supposedly multi. I think I'm retarded

https://www.humblebundle.com/flash

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

lol I thought "well cool at least I'm getting darkest hour as well" but it turns out I already own it.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Actually maybe not. I think Humble Bundle just broke for some reason?

It gave me all of the games (I know because they're unsorted on my steamlist) but it also let me make gift codes of some of them anyway? Cool.

I gave Sword of Stars to someone else but here

Darkest Hour
-taken

War of the Roses
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=DbD6T2bmweWqp3tf

War of the Roses
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=MpvShvUdB4Sw642v

DICKHEAD fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 1, 2014

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i took darkest hour

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

or not

This key has been activated already

you broke humble bundle

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

elf help book posted:

or not

This key has been activated already

you broke humble bundle

weird

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Thanks to this thread i got EUIV and while it seems pretty complicated so far I'm kicking Morocco's rear end.

fake edit: I'm Portugal.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

GreyPowerVan posted:

Thanks to this thread i got EUIV and while it seems pretty complicated so far I'm kicking Morocco's rear end.

fake edit: I'm Portugal.

fair warning: all of north africa costs twice as much to make into core territory as land elsewhere, thanks to the berber national ideas

beware the admin cost...!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

PleasingFungus posted:

fair warning: all of north africa costs twice as much to make into core territory as land elsewhere, thanks to the berber national ideas

oh no, my feet are stuck in this sand, i cant run, my country is trapped

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

PleasingFungus posted:

I am only taking the coastline, Morocco can rot afterwards while I go to explore the New World.

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

i had fun as portugal in the demo. maybe i'll try that again

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
What happens if I eat all the other members of the HRE, cause I'm about to do that as Prussia

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

huh looks like the next DLC for CK2 is gonna be more events for rulers.

after all people have been asking for it only since the game had DLC

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

Average Bear posted:

What happens if I eat all the other members of the HRE, cause I'm about to do that as Prussia

if there's no valid emperors then it disbands

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
But if I'm a valid emperor do I just inherit, or does the lack of electors disband it. Probably the second one

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so i got darkest hour from the humble bundle... is it worth learning it, or should i really just wait for hoi4 instead? i've heard terrible terrible things about hoi in general, and the ancient rear end engine doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

so i got darkest hour from the humble bundle... is it worth learning it, or should i really just wait for hoi4 instead? i've heard terrible terrible things about hoi in general, and the ancient rear end engine doesn't give me any warm fuzzies.

play as germany since they get an actual difficulty curve.

Disable the reinforcement slider in the production menu when you set that poo poo to automate. Don't turn it back on till you mobilize (decisions are in the box thing on the left on the map screen).

Stairmaster fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 3, 2014

DICKHEAD
Jul 29, 2003

ive really never bothered to learn the mechanics of hoi

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i am spoiled silly by eu4 and ck2 because i kept trying to play romania until i noticed that literally nothing interesting ever happens to me despite being the second largest axis power :negative:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

oh yeah minors suck if you're not playing kaiserreich mod and even then its hit or miss

theres always hoi4 i guess

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i hope hoi4 is good

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me too. if its only like, half as good as eu4 or ck2 though it'll be worth buying in this tard's opinion.

Morholt
Mar 18, 2006

Contrary to popular belief, tic-tac-toe isn't purely a game of chance.

Larry Parrish posted:

i am spoiled silly by eu4 and ck2 because i kept trying to play romania until i noticed that literally nothing interesting ever happens to me despite being the second largest axis power :negative:

the first time i played hoi2, i was like, wow i can play as any country in the world??

i chose liberia :iamafag:

then i didnt play hoi2 until aod was released

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's extra funny with DH because there's only like 20 playable nations. you think they'd have spent time on the minors to at least give them a few events.

either way hoi4 looks fun, mostly because the economy parts i've seen make sense.