Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

senae posted:

There's also now the evil/faith hidden stat which apparently impacts what room you get.

Evil just means it gives you black hearts in most situations, and "faith up" from the rosary just means soul hearts and an increased chance to encounter the bible. It's the black lipstick and either the rosary bead or bible tract that affect devil and angel rooms specifically. It's possible the demon tail affects it as well, but its primary effect is making black hearts more common.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Vic Boss posted:

Cursed! is one of the best challenges, I think. Forces you to think about which path to take and weigh going for treasure rooms or going straight for the boss.

Alternatively, be me and get a Holy Mantle on your second try and poo poo all over that challenge :haw:

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
So, according to the wiki you can get the unlocks for challenges even if you use seeds. Even Special seeds. Blindfold challenges are much easier when enemies kill each other for you (cockfght).

Power of Pecota posted:

Alternatively, be me and get a Holy Mantle on your second try and poo poo all over that challenge :haw:

You can also do this for that challenge. Sadly Pyromaniac is not in the boss drop pool, so no cheesing Suicide king that way.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
What are the bugs that were patched out in 1.02? The Vita is still on 1.01 and I wanna mess with weird stuff and I can't find details on them.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I did a BASE MENT seed run the other day and find out today my saves have been wiped. Is there any way to restore it from steam cloud now that I've already opened the game?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The Genuine Brimstone hat has finally been handed out to everyone that bought Rebirth.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Dec 4, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Doctor Goat posted:

What are the bugs that were patched out in 1.02? The Vita is still on 1.01 and I wanna mess with weird stuff and I can't find details on them.

It was impossible to unlock the Godhead item, and the Lost would become invincible if he got the dead cat. That's all I know about.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Waffle! posted:

The Genuine Brimstone hat has finally been handed out to everyone that bought Rebirth. Looks badass on the Pyro.

I mean I would've preferred the poop hat but sure this is fine too. :haw:

edit:

It clips with quite a few things.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

CJacobs posted:

I mean I would've preferred the poop hat but sure this is fine too. :haw:

drat, they really missed an opportunity there. I'm already a lovely medic!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
There's one with the Krampus where you can have infinite devil room items by rerolling his drops, but it's the only one I currently know about that's not the dead cat/??? one.

Every time he drops an item, he has a full second of delay until he actually despawns. If you save and quit and continue, you'll be back in the fight with him and the item will be on the ground. :v:

I just gotta re-unlock the D6.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Brimstone cop ain't got time for lawful arrests. If only it allowed you to fire actual lasers.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

More streaming here post-RPG if anyone cares: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ruggan/

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
Cobalt doing a weird run with Isaac's heart and the gullotine right now, totally bizarre http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

FAT WORM OF ERROR posted:

Cobalt doing a weird run with Isaac's heart and the gullotine right now, totally bizarre http://www.twitch.tv/cobaltstreak

so does isaac's heart allow you to do red heart poo poo for free? cause that might make it not poo poo

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Someday I'll learn not to giddily accept 6 dice rooms, especially if I'm in Sheol and already have a perfectly serviceable set up

:negative:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

I had minimum speed, no damage, and the cursed eye :shepicide:

Got them both down to low health before being teleported out. Lost all my health on the second try.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
So the closest flies in Solar System don't do damage. I could've sworn Pretty Flies do, but even after getting a third they don't. Makes the Gnawed Leaf I got on the Boss Rush in the challenge (I had Dead Cat and the Collar so whatever) much less useful, since the bullshit white burrowing worms can rush me and I can't move or else I take damage. Good job guys :bravo:

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Logan 5 posted:

Someday I'll learn not to giddily accept 6 dice rooms, especially if I'm in Sheol and already have a perfectly serviceable set up

:negative:

What combination even results in shots that fly up in the air and gently float back down? :psyduck:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
There's a bug in 1.01 that spawns new crawlspace items every time you enter and exit without taking it.

I stacked about three rows of item screen of stuff in a spot, ran up and touched it, and the physics engine decided to make a hellstorm of items on top of me that I had trouble escaping until I picked everything up, and there were two active items that kept swapping.

And the only good thing that came out of the whole mass was Dark Bum.

http://imgur.com/a/nFj41

Doctor Goat fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 4, 2014

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Rollersnake posted:

What combination even results in shots that fly up in the air and gently float back down? :psyduck:

Think that's how my reflection interacts with ipecac.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Locke Dunnegan posted:

So the closest flies in Solar System don't do damage. I could've sworn Pretty Flies do, but even after getting a third they don't. Makes the Gnawed Leaf I got on the Boss Rush in the challenge (I had Dead Cat and the Collar so whatever) much less useful, since the bullshit white burrowing worms can rush me and I can't move or else I take damage. Good job guys :bravo:

Yeah the only flies that do damage are the blue, red, yellow ones.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Rollersnake posted:

I have absolutely no idea. There was no way to tell from my pause page either, I was in Sheol so it was full of stuff I probably no longer had. I do know they were chocolate milk though since I could charge up as well as rapid fire smaller ones.

Internet Kraken posted:

Think that's how my reflection interacts with ipecac.

Maybe those two plus Little Planet? Because my reflection and ipecac we're all familiar with from Suicide King, but these are shots that fly behind me. In motion it ended being impossible to tell where and when they would land since they'd move erratically and then fall sooooo slowly.

I still managed to tough it out somehow and beat the Lamb with half a heart left :cool:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Okay, first Eden Hard Mode run I start with bandage ball and something else nice (can't remember), then Basement II and Caves I each have a Six Dice room, the second of which gave me a homing, burning, concussive Mom's Knife, the grub that fires out like Bob's Brain, and some other stuff. I end up just playing stupidly and die before beating Satan, but at least I got the unlock, so whatever.

I start up Isaac Hard Mode, and end up as Guppy by Depths I, Mystery Sack which kept giving me keys as I needed them, Dark Bum (:woop:) from a Devil Deal, then back-to-back damage stuff like Stigmata, Cricket's Head (Or Max's, whichever it is now), The Pact, The Mark, and Pentagram. I also had Loki's Horns early from rerolling Krampus' Head I think, and got Rubber Cement from the last item room available. The Pact and the Cancer trinket somehow let me shoot almost as fast as Soy Milk, and I had six bars of luck by the end to proc the Horns, so every room from Womb II onward was full of bouncy death.

Hard mode ain't so bad you guys! I think I'll wait for a trainer to unlock The Lost's items though, I don't want to go through the crap to a) unlock him and b) play him, especially hard mode.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Card against humanity + petrified poop + a huge room = a tidal wave of money.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Goddamn, but homing tears with Mom's knife is ridiculous. Took me through the boss rush for the first time without breaking a sweat. Made it to Isaac with half a heart of health left.

And won. In about 5 seconds.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

I just got a reply directly from Nicalis, to my PS4 bug report from 3+ weeks ago.

They said v1.03 for PSN is going through Sony certification now and should be out next week. (They have skipped v1.02.)

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I'd like to see more transformations in the DLC.

Enlightenment - Collect Mind, Body, Soul. Awards flight, Godhead, Holy Mantle, Wafer. Isaac transforms into a being of pure light.

Something along those lines. Kinda shocked that wasn't a thing since I routinely see 1-2 of those items in runs now(Mind is the rarest for me).

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Crotch Bat posted:

I'd like to see more transformations in the DLC.

Enlightenment - Collect Mind, Body, Soul. Awards flight, Godhead, Holy Mantle, Wafer. Isaac transforms into a being of pure light.

Something along those lines. Kinda shocked that wasn't a thing since I routinely see 1-2 of those items in runs now(Mind is the rarest for me).

There should also be a Bob transformation. Not sure what it would do though... maybe ipecac?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I've got everything done with The Lost on hard except the boss rush. Why the gently caress. Just getting there took me almost a full day, and even with Nine Lives, it's not like I can retry it if I died, which I did.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

There should also be a Bob transformation. Not sure what it would do though... maybe ipecac?

Head disconnects from body, which turns in to one of those headless enemies that lobs Ipecacs would be neat.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Ipecac + homing shots + immunity from explosions. You basically become a super green vomiting dude.

Also, I think I finally have a viable ??? run I can take to the Chest/Dark Room if I can get a few damage ups thanks to my first item being the Relic. Was a bit worried at first about picking up Fetus in a Jar but turns out that Bobby - Bomb (homing bombs) is one of the few items that actually affect bomb-tears! And since bomb tears tend to not actually be too fast, they're more likely to actually run into/stick to enemies than just fly around them.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"

Rollersnake posted:

To my eye it is ipecac with tiny planet and super low range, but possibly super high shot height, though that might just be part of the interaction between tiny planet and ipecac.

e: probably really low shot speed as well, or instead of being low range

90sLurker
Oct 25, 2013
Just finished the Purist challenge!

I nabbed Cricket's Body in a Curse Room. Most Valuable Pedestal Item of the run. I scored a Left Hand later on, but it didn't help me get anything nearly as good as Tiny Rotting Dog Liquid Shrapnel Artillery. Aim? What aim?

Scored good stuff in the womb. I blasted Death away in Womb I to score my second Cube of Meat. Womb II had a Library with Telepathy for Lucky Bastards. On top of that, I brought a Two of Hearts I picked up in the Depths all the way to Mom's Heart.

I'm getting better at side-stepping enemy fire. Nowhere near perfect, but better.

Currently in the top 5.8% on the Achievement Boards!

Toothache
Apr 5, 2011

Platypus = God's beta testing animal

Ashsaber posted:

You can also do this for that challenge. Sadly Pyromaniac is not in the boss drop pool, so no cheesing Suicide king that way.

It can appear in one of those pedestals surrounded by solid bricks you find on occasion, though, as I discovered to my cost. One Hanged Man card will sort you out if you are lucky.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

I wish suiciding to reset a boss room was still a thing in this game. I picked up the Dead Cat on the 1st floor, then Guppy's Collar and the Ankh in the Dark Room. I could have played cards with the Lamb all night.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
Wait, it's just all bosses on Hard Mode for Godhead? I thought it was Mega Satan as well (I know nothing unlocks for killing him, but I thought it was different for The Lost)

Well I've just wasted a whole bunch of time on my Vita :suicide:

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Thoughts on rebirth so far (having beaten chest/dark room/boss rush with all of the non-Lost characters as well as the challenges with better unlocks):

1.) Fewer items that end up being the bedrock of the whole run. There are twice as many items, but Monstro's Lung, Tech .5, and Ludovico Technique are the only new ones that change your shot/play style dramatically (other ones being Brimstone, Ipecac, Epic Fetus, Dr. Fetus, Technology, Tech 2, Mom's Knife, and maybe a few others I'm not thinking of) - it used to be rare for me to finish a run with normal tears but it happens more than half the time now
2.) I think Brimstone is even more OP than Dark Bum, but I get it less
3.) Dr. Fetus got nerfed HARD, but ipecac seems way better
4.) Devil room was toned down pretty hard, but secret rooms and especially item rooms are way stronger (getting X-ray specs floor one is a game-changer)
5.) Samson rules now, Maggy's by far the least fun character
6.) Gnawed Leaf is insanely OP for scraping out achievements (probably the most OP in the game at this point), as is placenta
7.) New cube of meat/ball of bandages format sucks
8.) Seems even more soul heart heavy than WotL
9.) I find Dingle insanely hard, harder than the Haunt - and his death animation is lame
10.) Isaac and Blue Baby seem way easier
11.) WTF cursed eye
12.) Wish soy milk didn't suck so hard.

On the whole awesome expansion.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

No Wave posted:

9.) I find Dingle insanely hard, harder than the Haunt - and his death animation is lame

I am in this same boat. I don't know if there's just something about him that doesn't click, but he is just insanely hard for me. I had a double trouble Dingle boss room. It was mid way though a really nice cursed run. I had a full 8 hearts and a full yum heart and mediocre damage. I didn't survive more than what seemed like 30 seconds.

E: note, I am one of the 70% who hasn't unlocked It Lives. I never even killedsaw mom's first form until I played Rebirth. I'm very bad at this game. Though I did eventually beat the Cursed challenge that night!

Ugato fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Ugato posted:

I am in this same boat. I don't know if there's just something about him that doesn't click, but he is just insanely hard for me. I had a double trouble Dingle boss room. It was mid way though a really nice cursed run. I had a full 8 hearts and a full yum heart and mediocre damage. I didn't survive more than what seemed like 30 seconds.

E: note, I am one of the 70% who hasn't unlocked It Lives. I never even killedsaw mom's first form until I played Rebirth. I'm very bad at this game. Though I did eventually beat the Cursed challenge that night!

Dingle has one gimmick and one gimmick alone: When he starts to move, stop shooting at him. His trajectory is really insane when you shoot him, like Gurdy Jr. only worse. Otherwise he's harmless.