Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
Page 500 guys, this is fun.

Edit: drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
lol owned

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

The guy must be playing with the ds4 wrong. You're not meant to touch the analog sticks. :laugh:

Digital foundry took a quick look at the crew and found an interesting new method of AA in the ps4 version...

:chanpop:

:vince:

But Xbox is bad :ironicat:

lovely game made by lovely devs is lovely, news at 10

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Crafty posted:

For its part, although Xbox One tears less often, very occasionally it simply drops entire frames instead.

And you see this as.... better?

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
So much better.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i mean we know that is categorically not an issue due to the ps4s hardware, so the devs are the only ones to blame sorry

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Drive up to the club like what up it's at max capacity I'm waiting for someone to leave

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Haquer posted:

And you see this as.... better?

That's kinda how vsync works anyways :shrug:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Stux posted:

i mean we know that is categorically not an issue due to the ps4s hardware, so the devs are the only ones to blame sorry

Seems like the ps4s doomed to me, I imagine the prospective buyout from amazon has been set back by the recent spate of pub-par ps4 versions.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Say what you want about Killer Instinct on xbox one, the fighting game community seems to like it and they didn't gently caress up the announcer.

ULLLLLLLLTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA COOOOOOOMBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Stux posted:

Looking how other games by ubisoft have done (sans FC4) I agree

Zaphod42 posted:

That's kinda how vsync works anyways...

By the sounds of it neither game is vsynced

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Drive up to the club like what up it's at max capacity I'm waiting for someone to leave

Maybe they can make your controller flash red and vibrate when it's your turn like Olive Garden

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Haquer posted:

By the sounds of it neither game is vsynced

the hardware is undeniably more powerful, has a more useful and easier to use architecture and better hardware access and software development tools. any game that fails to use all three of these facts is down to failure on the developers part and like you say, ubisoft especially have been pushing out awful software lately from a technical standpoint.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
does that goon from 343 still post in this thread? I'd like to see what he has to say about MCC patch work and whatnot.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I'm actually kind of sad I missed out on being able to make "Every good Club keeps a line outside" jokes when the "one in, one out" stuff happened.

Also I really don't understand how anyone could like Jet Set Radio and hate Sunset Overdrive. Jet Set Radio has more cringeworthy retardedness in it's soundtrack than SO has in the entire game and they were forgiven. SO is probably going to be one of those slow burner games that turns into a million seller eventually.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

fame lifeless post the thread

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
Buh, but, but it can't be the PS4. It HAS to be the lovely devs.
Keep on keeping on lads.
:cheers:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RoosterChief posted:

Buh, but, but it can't be the PS4. It HAS to be the lovely devs.
Keep on keeping on lads.
:cheers:

well yeah it literally has to be sorry. same reason why the xbone version of unity runs better than on the pc, the devs are trash

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Haquer posted:

Apparently that's actually the same AA Far Cry 4 uses. Just applied super badly.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Stux posted:

well yeah it literally has to be sorry. same reason why the xbone version of unity runs better than on the pc, the devs are trash

Or maybe Big Phil has bribed them. :shrug:

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

RoosterChief posted:

Is that Phil "Games" Spencers dad?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

RoosterChief posted:

The Crew is actually lead platform Xbone.

The PS4 version is a port, it's not even the same devs.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

IF this is not the cover of the next Far Cry "joke" version I am going to be REAL disappointed. :mad:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
It's not uncommon to dev for a superior system and the port to lesser ones. Makes the work easier.

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

fisheyel83l posted:

Maybe they can make your controller flash red and vibrate when it's your turn like Olive Garden

Genius.

Stux posted:

You know what they say. You can't polish a turd my old pal stuxxy.

Enjoy

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

It's not uncommon to dev for a superior system and the port to lesser ones. Makes the work easier.

:qq: leave ps4 alone :qq:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ethanol posted:

:qq: leave ps4 alone :qq:

and woooooshhhhhhh

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The Crew is actually lead platform Xbone.

The PS4 version is a port, it's not even the same devs.

Explains a lot. :rimshot:
The beta actually put me off the thing. A car game where the cars handle like bobsleighs. The warning signs were in Watch Dogs.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Genius.

You know what they say. You can't polish a turd my old pal stuxxy.

Enjoy

66 multi platform games, 3 or whatever it is run better on the worse hardware, and in many cases the "better" is negligible (see unity running badly on both platforms and pc, just slightly better on xbone). meanwhile every other game is significantly better on ps4. im sorry your dreams will never come true, but I thought this stuff didn't matter anyway? or is that only true until it suits you :cawg:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Haquer posted:

and woooooshhhhhhh

Did you just fart in the thread?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
This is loving difficult, I can't even think of a game other than Driveclub to make fun of. TLOU is probably ripe for it but I never got past the weepy melodramatic intro. His kid died? Oh poo poo, we're really in new emotional territory for gaming now.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Red Suit posted:

does that goon from 343 still post in this thread? I'd like to see what he has to say about MCC patch work and whatnot.

He made a few half hearted posts after the MCC debacle but I think he's given up.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Haquer posted:

and woooooshhhhhhh

The only joke he gets sits under his TV.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

I will toxx myself that if in the future the xbone becomes the platform with consistently better graphics and performance (ie the majority of multi platform games both run and look better on xbone) I will switch to xbone and buy one. thankfully this is the safest bet on the planet

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Someone go dig up Roger Ebert we have a guy here who's kid died and now he sees a new kid and is nice to her

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
My ps4 left stick is worn down. When I look at it I mutter "crafty.." and hang my head in shame.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This is loving difficult, I can't even think of a game other than Driveclub to make fun of. TLOU is probably ripe for it but I never got past the weepy melodramatic intro. His kid died? Oh poo poo, we're really in new emotional territory for gaming now.

Well see son that there is a ps3 game

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This is loving difficult, I can't even think of a game other than Driveclub to make fun of.

Knack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Also that's because the ps4 has no games

• Locked thread