Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Yeah SMGs are awesome, especially Hyperion ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

skaboomizzy posted:

Does anyone else feel like SMGs are completely worthless in this game? I can find or grind an elemental pistol or laser pretty easily and the SMGs seem to have terrible core damage stats.

The Torrent and Hellfire beg to differ.

If anything feels worthless in these game it's definitely Snipers. Hopefully the Baroness's sniping skill tree will make them somewhat useful.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I like the Fatale Hyperion SMGs. As far as I can tell they always come with Crit Damage + 75% which is a nice bonus when it very quickly becomes pinpoint accurate.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

No weapon type is more useless than the assault rifle with a minor exception for Torgue rifles and those with spinigun barrels and even those tend to only be okay.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Edward IV posted:

No weapon type is more useless than the assault rifle with a minor exception for Torgue rifles and those with spinigun barrels and even those tend to only be okay.

Yeah, assault rifles are just about the only weapons that really could use a buff I think. Even then though, there's the occasional AR you'll get that'll probably be better than what you currently have.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Yeah, assault rifles are pretty universally terrible in Borderlands. I remember Roland's Deep Scorpio being reasonably good when I first got it in Borderlands 2, but even that was quickly outclassed. In the Pre-Sequel I literally never found a single AR that I liked.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Vladof Assault rifles are also pretty good.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Counterpoint: Nisha with a Vladof non-elemental spinigun :getin:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Basically Vladof is the best.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Vladof and Torgue, yes.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Vladof and Torgue, yes.

Throw in Maliwan and this statement is true across the range of weapons available, really. Gearbox put absolutely no thought whatsoever into the BanditScav and Dahl lines of guns and actively ignored what made S&S and Dahl work in the previous games (Elemental bonuses secondary only to Maliwan and Godly stats offput by being stuck in burst fire mode, respectively).

It's almost cynically funny that they took the time to rebrand Bandit as Scav and then did nothing to buff a pitifully weak (but cool looking) brand.

e: Oh hey Rosie just got a hotfix that dropped over a 100% of it's continuous damage bonus. Neat.

Father Wendigo fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 2, 2014

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Genocyber posted:

Vladof Assault rifles are also pretty good.

Kinda? They're still overshadowed pretty badly by other weapon types. Even vladof pistols are massively better. A purple vladof AR is about on par with a green vladof pistol. Comparing a purple vladof pistol to a purple vladof AR, the pistol will have around 33% more damage, near identical accuracy, slightly quicker firing rate, larger magazine, and a quicker reload time by a second. All these examples are using all vladof parts, btw. Not even a purple vladof spinigun will come close to the dps of a purple vladof pistol. On top of that, ARs having lower critical hit damage than pistols also puts them at a considerable disadvantage.

Like, vladof ARs are pretty alright and I'm always excited to find one that is better than the stuff I usually have since it's an excuse to use one, but they're still really not that good compared to some of the other, lesser rare weapons in the game.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Yeah Vladof pistols can be ridiculous. Miniature machineguns.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

ProfessionalNinja posted:

The quest to shoot the defector out of the moon cannon is loving stupid on TVHM. The beacon can take 2 maybe 3 shots before it is destroyed, and there is little to no way to keep the enemies from shooting it immediately.

I keep getting right to the end, and a stupid rear end Badass lost legion rear end in a top hat comes and finishes it in one hit right as he loving spawns. This game is so god drat frustrating on TVHM.

I think that they forgot to scale the health of the antenna according to your difficulty. It gets one shot on TVHM.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Salt Fish posted:

I think that they forgot to scale the health of the antenna according to your difficulty. It gets one shot on TVHM.

You can do it in coop, camp the enemy spawnpoints. I did it with a friend on the second try.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

I ran into an issue with Gibbed's editor, both the BL2 and BL:TPS versions, running on the Windows 10 Technical Preview Build 9879. Saving any save files will create a corrupted file that neither the game nor the editor can read. Fortunately, the game will fall back to the backup save file. When I try to load the corrupted file in the editor, I get the following:

"Failed to load save: LZO decompression failure (InputOverrun)"

I ran the editor on a computer running Windows 7 and it didn't create a corrupt file so the issue is with Windows 10. I believe the editor worked fine before it updated to Build 9879 today.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Oh hey, they actually listed all the stuff in the hotfix patch today -

Gearbox Software posted:

*Addressed an issue where some types of ice damage were being incorrectly resisted.

*Kraggons kills will now contribute the correct amount towards the "Big Game Hunt" challenge.

*Iwajira's is now less likely to drop legendary loot.

*"Did you see that?!" - Limited the number of critical hit dialogue call-outs.

*The Rosie's continuous damage bonus has been reduced.

*Miss Moxxi's Probe's lifesteal bonus and critical modifiers have been reduced.

Not too happy about Iwajira, grinding was the only way to get most of the weapons since half the bosses don't respawn anymore.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
RIP Iwajira, hello Cheat engine.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

And gearbox continues to be retarded with their patches.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

*"Did you see that?!" - Limited the number of critical hit dialogue call-outs.

This is probably the only good part of the patch because now I don't have to hear Nisha talk about how this is the happiest she's been since her mom died every 30 seconds.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

My friend and I finally finished our first playthrough last night. Kind of disappointing that the raid boss is just a harder version of the final boss. Also that Lilith is a dumb idiot and basically everything ever is her fault.

Probably going to try out TVHM. Shouldn't be too bad since we Cheat Engine everything and basically have a full complement of legendary weapons but we ARE pretty bad at the game...

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
I hope Lilith is the antagonist of the next game.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

They'll either try really hard (and fail) to make her sympathetic again or they'll make her the villain. I think she could make a good villain if she went full on psychotic eridium junkie.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-ultimate-vault-hunter-upgrade-pack

Sweet, more DLC!

Additionally, all Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel players will receive a free patch next week that adds a third playthrough, Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, which is more difficult and adds the ability to reset campaign progress at any time, as well as enemies scaling up to your current level. Additional patch notes will be available closer to release at support.gearbox.com.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

watho posted:

They'll either try really hard (and fail) to make her sympathetic again or they'll make her the villain. I think she could make a good villain if she went full on psychotic eridium junkie.

Or they could just move on and have a new cast. I've enjoyed Pandora quite a bit, but I wouldn't mind a change of venue.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I hope minibosses respond in UVHM.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Backhand posted:

Or they could just move on and have a new cast. I've enjoyed Pandora quite a bit, but I wouldn't mind a change of venue.

Do you really think that they are going to do that?

Edit:

wdarkk posted:

I hope minibosses respond in UVHM.

They probably won't but at least you can reset your playthrough for another try! :v:

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

I lay on my back

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

Tezzeract posted:

http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/news/borderlands-the-pre-sequel-ultimate-vault-hunter-upgrade-pack

Sweet, more DLC!

Additionally, all Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel players will receive a free patch next week that adds a third playthrough, Ultimate Vault Hunter mode, which is more difficult and adds the ability to reset campaign progress at any time, as well as enemies scaling up to your current level. Additional patch notes will be available closer to release at support.gearbox.com.

I can't believe the comments on that site, which somehow manage to be worse than I expected. I expected people to be upset for whatever reason, but people are seriously mad that it's not free specifically because it's coming out near christmas.

Badcounterpoint
Mar 5, 2014

skaboomizzy posted:

Does anyone else feel like SMGs are completely worthless in this game? I can find or grind an elemental pistol or laser pretty easily and the SMGs seem to have terrible core damage stats.

Fridgia is the only SMG you will need. Used it from lvl 22 to 33.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

Tezzeract posted:

This add-on pack features all-new narrative content including appearances from veteran Vault Hunters Gaige and Axton, who recently returned to the Crimson Raiders HQ. While they were gone on a mission, they missed out on the events of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and ask Athena to recount the story. Since they’re not the most patient badass Vault Hunters on Pandora, they just want an abbreviated version – only the juicy, violent stuff.

As Athena tells the tale, you’ll play through The Holodome Onslaught, a new challenge arena where you’ll fight wave after wave of foes, including some of The Pre-Sequel’s most memorable badasses as well as several new enemies. You’ll also be able to earn new weapons, new class mods, and some radical new heads and skins.

Since Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel launched on October 14th, the teams at Gearbox and 2K Australia have continued to work hard on supporting the game with post-launch content. Current plans for future content are to include one more playable character as well as a new campaign, so look out for more updates in the months ahead.
Well, at least they confirmed we're getting less than half of the DLC campaign content.

Also, I really hope the 'New heads and skins' are not going to be the Commando Trap/Gynoid Agent/Bandita Badass/Sno-Knight heads that were already on-disc and droppable via gibbed.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Father Wendigo posted:

Also, I really hope the 'New heads and skins' are not going to be the Commando Trap/Gynoid Agent/Bandita Badass/Sno-Knight heads that were already on-disc and droppable via gibbed.

What a redundant statement. You already know it's going to be that.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Does anyone even like the arenas? They keep making them and they always end up being boring as poo poo except maybe for the one from the Tina DLC and the original Moxie one from the first game where you got alternate versions of past bosses.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Jibo posted:

Does anyone even like the arenas? They keep making them and they always end up being boring as poo poo except maybe for the one from the Tina DLC and the original Moxie one from the first game where you got alternate versions of past bosses.

I love arenas.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I thought Moxie was one of the worst ones they did, mostly because there's very little payoff for your hard work.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jibo posted:

I liked the robot and beast ones in Borderlands 2. I thought the bandit one was boring though.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

I honestly don't mind the arenas, but I wish they were more...arcade-ish. Like multiple mini-games, high scores, time trials, etc.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I thought Moxie was one of the worst ones they did, mostly because there's very little payoff for your hard work.

By far. The long arenas were an absolute slog to get through without failing, and they didn't give any experience, weapon proficiencies, or any loot worth a drat.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I liked the Arenas in BL2... they were some of the more legitimately challenging fights in the game. Sure, there are optional bosses and whatnot, but the difficulty in the arena fights tend to be based on entirely 'fair' challenges without special gimmicks and usually before you've got arsenals full of max-level legendaries.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Bugsy posted:

By far. The long arenas were an absolute slog to get through without failing, and they didn't give any experience, weapon proficiencies, or any loot worth a drat.

If you finished it, you got a whole extra skill point? :toot:

The only really worthwhile part was the bank; it was for completionists only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
Just started playing the pre-sequal, is it just me or is lacking a dedicated sniper class like zero from BL2? The lawbringer seems to be closest, but doesn't look like she has anything in her tree to improve sniping.

• Locked thread