Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Actually, it's about ethics in podcast journalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

cams posted:

Because people gossiping about poo poo they know absolutely nothing about is stupid. This isn't Entertainment Weekly.

lol

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Speaking of EW, oscar season is coming soon. Can't wait for the snubs issue myself

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Ovo posted:

Speaking of EW, oscar season is coming soon. Can't wait for the snubs issue myself

Best twelve days of the year.

Fieryspork
Sep 21, 2004
Shamu knows that i'm being sarcastic
I think Mary Holland is the real star of Wild Horses and i'm so glad she's starting to get a little more exposure for herself. even if it is just CBB podcast/tv and I4H and stuff.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Cloks posted:

Best twelve days of the year.

Let's count them down:

Day 1: the Oscar pre-preview

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
Bad opinion time: I don't find wild horses funny at all

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Maybe one of the worst opinions in all of Bad Opinion Time history. Congrats.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

ImPureAwesome posted:

Bad opinion time: I don't find wild horses funny at all

Wild Horses own. They put up a ridiculously long filmed improv scene somewhere that was amazing, I wish I could find it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Lugaloco posted:

Wild Horses own. They put up a ridiculously long filmed improv scene somewhere that was amazing, I wish I could find it.

Do you mean this one? They come on at like the 30 minute mark

http://www.kennedy-center.org/explorer/artists/?entity_id=198207&source_type=B

Maybe the guy meant actual wild horses and not the improv group

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Help Im Alive posted:

Do you mean this one? They come on at like the 30 minute mark

http://www.kennedy-center.org/explorer/artists/?entity_id=198207&source_type=B

Maybe the guy meant actual wild horses and not the improv group

Boom, that's it thanks!

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
This scene between stephanie allyne and LL Cool Lapkus is pretty great
http://youtu.be/T9U2WmJ3jmI?t=7m32s

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I dunno everytime I've heard them on i4h I eventually skipped the episode I was so bored waiting for a funny bit

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I hate bad opinion time

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

I'm in love with Stephanie Allyne. I think it's because she reminds me of a childhood crush who too was absurdly smart, skipped grades and was depressed to her very core.

Besser's freakout at the end of i4h was excellent. The idea of two random callers defending Arizona and Florida sounds even more unlistenable than the current state of affairs. I really enjoy the musical episodes but I can see why people wouldn't vibe with them.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

ManoliIsFat posted:

I'm in love with Stephanie Allyne. I think it's because she reminds me of a childhood crush who too was absurdly smart, skipped grades and was depressed to her very core.

Besser's freakout at the end of i4h was excellent. The idea of two random callers defending Arizona and Florida sounds even more unlistenable than the current state of affairs. I really enjoy the musical episodes but I can see why people wouldn't vibe with them.

Agreed about Stephanie Allynne. She outshined goddamn PFT in the I4H she was on with him. That Lil Nate sketch is my favorite I4H sketch of all time.

For those wondering, yes, I do have a top 5 already written out, and i could probably stretch it to a top ten pretty easily.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.

ManoliIsFat posted:

I'm in love with Stephanie Allyne.

If you're a gentleman I have some bad news for you.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you live in L.A. Wild Horses now has a bi-monthly show or something at UCB sunset.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
"....lemonade."

Thoogsby posted:

I know she's dating Tig, but I heard her on some other podcast where she was talking about guys.

Not that anyone here has a chance with her anyway~

crepeface fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 5, 2014

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

rapeface posted:

....lemonade.

You better step back and relax

Segway Rave
Dec 25, 2011

this is stanley barton he is the brother of the king and feels sad alot because other people don't like him much they say hes boring and not fun
Colin Hanks is the best non-comedian guest. :allears: Though, to be fair, the only other non-comedian guest I can think of that's been on more than once is Steven Yeun. Wild Horses seem pretty okay.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Tears for Fears were ridiculously good.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Speaking of awesome non-comedian guests, the Old 97s and the dude from National were fantastic as well.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
That one musician chick who had to sit through Harris's foam corner a few years back is still a classic bit for me

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

ImPureAwesome posted:

That one musician chick who had to sit through Harris's foam corner a few years back is still a classic bit for me

Tapas the Mornin' To Jah

.......oh......

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Segway Rave posted:

Colin Hanks is the best non-comedian guest. :allears: Though, to be fair, the only other non-comedian guest I can think of that's been on more than once is Steven Yeun. Wild Horses seem pretty okay.

Juan Jamón is the best non comedian guest

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Segway Rave posted:

Dude is a top level CBB guest. His first appearance on that Christmas episode where it was like that morning he heardhis Fox cop show got cancelled was spectacular. (I misrembered for a second him being in the fan fiction one, but that was the exactly-the-same-sounding Fred Savage)

a worthy uhh posted:

Tapas the Mornin' To Jah

.......oh......
That ep is so perfect because of Galifinakis's notes.

Thoogsby posted:

Oooh maybe making my current wife my ex-wife for her was a bad idea.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

ManoliIsFat posted:

Oooh maybe making my current wife my ex-wife for her was a bad idea.

It's OK, you already had to break up with her when she was your girlfriend to make her your wife. When you get back together this time she'll be your double wife.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

the ultimate non-comedian show would be colin hanks, st. vincent and amber tamblyn

Beeez
May 28, 2012

rapeface posted:

"....lemonade."

I know she's dating Tig, but I heard her on some other podcast where she was talking about guys.

Not that anyone here has a chance with her anyway~

You sure that wasn't a Todd Glass situation where she was just changing the pronouns?

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
I liked whichever musical guest it was who made fun of and then sang "santa baby" though there is a certain charm to paring up the perma-shy impossibly earnest art school guys and girls scott always invites on with the paul rusts of the world.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Colin Hanks loving rules. I like Wild Horses, but I thought that episode was way funnier when it was just him. If you guys and gals have yet to see FX's Fargo TV show, Colin is one of the many reasons you should watch.

For those who don't regularly listen, Tom Leykis made another appearance at the end of this week's Sklarbro Country.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I liked whichever musical guest it was who made fun of and then sang "santa baby" though there is a certain charm to paring up the perma-shy impossibly earnest art school guys and girls scott always invites on with the paul rusts of the world.

oh yeah this was like neko case I think??

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

epitasis posted:

She was fantastic on Superego too, she should definitely be on the non-comedian show.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

epitasis posted:

Yeah Neko Case ep 242 I'm listening to it right now....

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Maybe it's just me, but for me Ron Sexsmith was one of the funniest non-comedic guests.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

drainpipe posted:

Maybe it's just me, but for me Ron Sexsmith was one of the funniest non-comedic guests.

I didn't know who he was so based on the name I assumed he was a character someone was doing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I really liked Natasha Lyonne. And Ana Gasteyer. Non-com epi is getting crowded.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Wow calling a former SNL cast member a non-com guest is pretty harsh dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I totally forgot that! She's onto her second career of weird old-timey novelty song singer.