Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I bought a phone out of contract.

I would like to sell my current phone on Craigslist.

If we go to Verizon store can we activate my new phone on my line and activate my current phone on the buyers line without any hassle?

Anything I need to know or do before hand?

Edit: this was easy as can be. Showed phone to buyer, activated my new phone, erases settings on old phone, he activates on his account and all is well.

sellouts fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
If anyone is needing a new used phone for Verizon, I'm selling my Droid Maxx:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3685152

some_weird_kid
Mar 16, 2004

My popcorn is cautiously and provisionally RDY
I'm having a weird issue with data use on my Verizon Droid Turbo. I've been on a 2GB plan for as long as I've been a smartphone user, and I've never gone over. I usually end up around 1.5GB at the end of the billing cycle. This cycle, despite using the phone just as I always have, Verizon says I'm using about 0.1GB every day, putting me at 1.35GB used, exactly half-way through the cycle. Android disagrees and says I'm at 0.7GB, which is much more in line with what I would expect. Since noticing the issue, I spent today specifically avoiding using my phone whenever possible, outside of texting and calls. Even on WiFi, I've avoided any significant usage. Obviously that's not a solution, but I wanted to figure out if it helped the problem. It didn't, and the Verizon app says I've used another 0.1GB since yesterday. Meanwhile Android still disagrees and says I've used hardly anything.

I'm sure this is the kind of problem that is impossible to address through Verizon support. I suspect they get 100 calls a day from people complaining about data being used too fast, all of which are the user's fault. But I'm baffled as to how to resolve the issue. It looks certain that I'll go over my allotted amount and have to pay an overage charge, and the usage keeps climbing up even as I'm very consciously not using data on the phone. I've done absolutely nothing different from my 4 previous years of smartphone ownership, and the Android system agrees that I'm using data at the same rate. Apps are set to update only over WiFi, and the Facebook app is set to load video only on WiFi. No streaming music, no watching videos. This month has actually been on the low usage side because work has been keeping me busier than usual. I keep thinking that it's a glitch and the counter will fix itself one day, but it's been about a week since I noticed usage was high, and a few days since I realized it was climbing regardless of what I did. Is this totally unheard of? Is there any possibility of getting this resolved through Verizon?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Disable the callerid app and tell Verizon that the callerid bug kept your phone from using WiFi. They should credit back your data. It was mentioned earlier in the android general thread.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

So, I just got a text from Verizon thanking me for my recent purchase of a turbo and they gave me a code to trade in a device with a minimum $100 trade in credit. I thought this was odd since I bought the turbo outright and usually these things are reserved for people getting a subsidized upgrade or on edge.

I cannot see anywhere in the fine print of the trade in site that says if I do this it will affect my account or anything like that. I'm still grandfathered into unlimited. That said, most of the text of the trade in site is talking about trading in for an iPhone and whatnot.

So, is this safe for me to do? I still have my Galaxy Nexus in good working order and $100 is more than I'm going to get for it selling used and a lot less hassle.

some_weird_kid
Mar 16, 2004

My popcorn is cautiously and provisionally RDY

bull3964 posted:

Disable the callerid app and tell Verizon that the callerid bug kept your phone from using WiFi. They should credit back your data. It was mentioned earlier in the android general thread.

I didn't expect that I'd get such a quick and direct response, so thanks! It appears that this was in fact the issue, so I've disabled the app and gave Verizon a call. After some time on hold and a transfer, they credited my account for some extra data without any argument. Problem solved.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

This seems like a good time to bring up the fact that Verizon's stated reason for being slow to release new phones and OS updates relative to other carriers is so that their rigorous testing protocol can ensure the highest-quality experience for their customers.

IuniusBrutus
Jul 24, 2010

I've never looked at Verizon before, but my new job has me out in the sticks sometimes and I absolutely need to have data, which is often not a thing with TMobile.

I'm looking at doing a BYOD of some sort, and would probably get the 2gig data plan. My question is: I get a 20% discount through my employer - what all does that apply to?

spf3million
Sep 27, 2007

hit 'em with the rhythm

IuniusBrutus posted:

I'm looking at doing a BYOD of some sort, and would probably get the 2gig data plan. My question is: I get a 20% discount through my employer - what all does that apply to?

I had a similar question myself a while ago, here was the answer:

Favorabilis Solitud posted:

Its a lot easier than it used to be. (I am going to use this post to maybe clear things up for you but also include things for EVERYONE)

You have 3 components to a more everything plan.

Devices - This is your line access charge. Smartphone - 40, Basic Phone - 30, Tablet 10, Pretty much everything else - 20 (No discounts here, I have seen loyalty promos for this but its kind of a smack in the face because you won't get it unless you mention you are leaving and it is usually 3 or 4 dollars a month).

Plan - The unlimited talk/text and whatever your data is, it is all together the plan. (This is what a employee discount targets as long as it is $40 + plan. Also a caveat: Special loyalty plans are exempt from employee discounts. You already won the "discount game" by being on the loyalty plan, congrats!)

Features - Anything else, insurance, NFL Mobile, Etc etc.

The good news: Verizon isn't going to get rid of the employee discount. T-Mobile already said bye and I swore I heard either AT&T or Sprint was "looking" at it. I also think they restructured their bills as well to where the % is hitting a smaller portion than it was. BUT Kudos to you for actually looking into it, whenever this comes up in a call a customer has neglected to pay their bills and the extra 5-10 dollars a month they lose out on is obviously the reason why.

*Puts on tinfoil hat* "Now waitta sec buddy, what about these "surcharges"! Thats where you guys get us...these so called "Surcharges" Oh jesus christ, not you again. Just loving look at them, they are listed on there as to what surcharge is what. There isn't a "gently caress you" surcharge. It is usually things like your local 911 dispatch, fire and rescue, poo poo like that. The state/city/neighborhood/street you live on dictated these. Like the taxes, we are the middleman.

Quick update on promos: Any promos we have to offer on our end you can see on your end now. IE: Website/e-mail...for example the boost in data plans you have to manually initiate. Now what about when you call us for Promos? It is all done from a program, what we see is what you get, period...no one above the person you are talking to can do anything about it. Everyone now has a promo budget, this is to avoid double and sometimes triple + stacking promos. The budget is based off many factors but mainly tenure and how many times we are hit up for promos.

Let me speak to your manager You guys want to know a secret? The supervisors/managers/etc have the exact same "powers" or "Pull" as the new guy that is on his first day. Seriously. If it is something the rep did, like was a dick or cussed at you or whatever...then by all means. If this is because the plans/system/your contract/etc you will not get anything. Serious. They might see something that the previous rep missed but that is almost always because you never gave that rep a chance. Sometimes we can figure out ways to reduce bills...we will never just lower it. No one at Verizon can do that. So if you are not happy with whatever mess you got yourself into and want to speak with a supervisor, my advice to you is to not speak with a supervisor. You are going to be on hold for awhile, they don't have ANY more pull than a rep (think about that), and they are getting paid for you to yell at them and you are not. You are wasting your day to accomplish nothing and have someone tell you in the nicest way possible that you made a mistake and we can't fix your problem. Just be proactive about everything. Think about what you are doing when you change your plan, sign a contract, etc. Hmm Edge is going to cost you 20 more dollars a month, can you handle that? Have money trouble? loving lower your wireless bill asap instead of letting it spiral out of control.

Finally: "I have been a customer for a million years...I want free stuff" Thats great ...but... There isn't a button that means we can just lower a bill. There isn't any. And I don't know of a single company..anywhere...that actually lowers the bill flat out for being a customer or gives out loyalty discounts/credits. None...so why be mad at Verizon? No one was getting anything before, so why now? We have a verizon points program that gives you something for absolutely nothing. We actually will thank customers for their tenure on calls. Its not like you invested those years with us in hopes of a loyalty discount you could have verified didn't exist a million times over the years, you were with us because we did a good job.

e: I assume BYOD would still put you on a More Everything Plan, but I'm not a Verizon rep so someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Two choices, $75 for two gigs with no discount on a single line plan, or the shared more everything plan, which would be $40 (smart phone line) + $60 for (2 gigs) with applicable discount on the data.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So my wife dropped her old incredible 2 and its totally trashed. It makes more sense to pay 100 or less for a new phone than to pay the 100 deductible to "replace" that at this point.

So first, both of our phones are on the same family plan with unlimited data currently. She really doesn't need to keep unlimited, so we were thinking of using an upgrade on her phone. Is that doable without also changing me off my unlimited as a result of the plan change?

Second question is, what is the best $100 or less phone available for upgrade currently? I love my Maxx and for her purposes, good battery life is probably still the most important thing. That is free on upgrade right now. Is there anything better?

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The Maxx is still a perfectly reasonable phone and I imagine it'll likely still hold up as a decent phone for another two years. And next time remember to cancel the insurance once you're off contract, because by that point you're upside down on paying the deductible vs buying a new phone on contract, and you're just giving Verizon/Asurion a bunch of pure profit on the premium every month.

The other thing I might throw out there is the Droid Turbo. It's $200 on contract but you get a free screen replacement if you break it during your first two years of ownership. So if you're only buying insurance because of the possibility of busting the screen, over 2 years you'd be paying $9/month x 24 months = $216 in insurance, and if you did break the screen on the Turbo there's no $100 deductible.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Looks like you can trade in a smartphone towards an SG5 or Note 4 for $100 off which might help. I don't think I would get a Maxx at this point

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

If you want to keep her unlimited, I'm still selling my Maxx. :getin:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I'm going to be upgrading the phones on my 3 line More Everything 10gb plan now that my contract is up. I've run some numbers and it looks like I can hop over to the Edge plan and actually pay less in the long run. Here's what I've calculated and I was wondering if someone can help me do a sanity check.

Current Bill:
10gb More Every Plan - $66.40 after 17% company discount
$40 Line Access
$40 Line Access
$40 Line Access
$2.27 Taxes/Fees
$2.27 Taxes/Fees
$2.27 Taxes/Fees

Monthly Total: $193.21
iPhone 6 64gb - $299
iPhone 6 64gb - $299
Moto X - $1 (Best Buy offer)
Plus tax - $$$

24-Month Total: $5238.04

New Edge Plan:
10gb More Every Plan - $66.40 after 17% company discount
$15 Line Access
$15 Line Access
$15 Line Access
$2.27 Taxes/Fees
$2.27 Taxes/Fees
$2.27 Taxes/Fees

iPhone 6 64gb - $31.24/mo
iPhone 6 64gb - $31.24/mo
Moto X - $20.83/mo
Tax??

Monthly Total: $201.52

24-Month Total: $4835.04

So it looks like, to me, I'll be saving money in the long run with Edge with only a <$10 increase in monthly cost.

Also I don't know how the taxes work on the phones. I know in CA if i buy subsidized then the taxes on the unsub price is due up front. How do taxes on edge work? Is that monthly price including tax or do I need to figure a bit more for taxes as well?

Unrelated question: We're planning on turning on our iPhone 5 phones for the $200 trade-in credit, is that a credit towards purchase or a bill credit or what?

Straker
Nov 10, 2005
Ugh I really like the simplicity of... every non-Verizon carrier, but today I just about had to stop on the highway while dicking around with my t-mo phone turning airplane mode off and on so I could get like two bars for long enough to get google maps data after the process got killed while in the background for about 5 seconds and then again when I missed my exit. Is there some kind of retard-proof "this is how much you need to be paying/using for verizon to be worth it" thing out there? I was really looking forward to switching from ST to a t-mo unlimited plan, I'm generally in a city with great reception for all carriers but I'm also not broke and I probably don't REALLY need more than several gigs a month, it would just be for peace of mind knowing I could tether like a motherfucker when the need arises. Is Verizon worth using if you pay for your own devices (and for that matter, based on N6 discussion, is it even possible for a new customer to BYOD)? Sorry for the stupid questions but it's not in the OP.

In case it helps any, I'm mostly decided on the new Moto X (or I suppose Note 4 if Verizon has any deals) and I have one of the promo codes from Monday but I see that lowers the "Verizon price" to one cent and I'm assuming paying up front is still better than taking a subsidy + contract as that is implying...

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice
Apparently the Early Edge thing right now is still only Droid Turbo. I'm told that it's usually available on any phone. Web customer service suggested I try calling Telesales to see if they will let me move one of my lines to Edge on any phone. Is Verizon telesales at all reasonable? Any idea on the chances of this happening?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

ninmeister posted:

Apparently the Early Edge thing right now is still only Droid Turbo. I'm told that it's usually available on any phone. Web customer service suggested I try calling Telesales to see if they will let me move one of my lines to Edge on any phone. Is Verizon telesales at all reasonable? Any idea on the chances of this happening?

As I understand it, there are two separate promotions. One, Early Edge, only becomes available (assuming you meet the general edge requirements like good payment history) after a year into your contract. Early Edge for droid turbo/maxx is separate, and I've seen it pop up before the customer was a year old, like, just a few months into the contract.

There is some confusion in regards to all that. Is early edge for droid an additional promotion that pops early along side regular early edge? Does early edge for droid overright regular? Are old promotions come customers grandfathered? No loving clue.

OMGMYSPLEEN
Jul 12, 2009

Rawwwwhiiiiide
College Slice

Deep Winter posted:

As I understand it, there are two separate promotions. One, Early Edge, only becomes available (assuming you meet the general edge requirements like good payment history) after a year into your contract. Early Edge for droid turbo/maxx is separate, and I've seen it pop up before the customer was a year old, like, just a few months into the contract.

There is some confusion in regards to all that. Is early edge for droid an additional promotion that pops early along side regular early edge? Does early edge for droid overright regular? Are old promotions come customers grandfathered? No loving clue.

Yeah, I'm about a year into our contract right now. I got the Droid Turbo on the early edge thing when it first came out. I guess the only answer for me is to just call.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
Someone in here who works for Verizon CS - maybe you can help.

I've had to call Customer Service 4 times and make 2 trips to the store because of an invalid "Edge Up Early Buyout" on my bill for $209. I did an early Edge buyout but paid for it in the store - I have the receipt and it is in my account. Last I talked to CS, they said the charge would be credited on my next bill - it still hasn't. I'm getting rather frustrated by all this. Every rep I've spoken to has said they put a hold on the charge so it wouldn't interrupt my service while it was being looked into, but I want it off my account. Why can't they just issue a credit for this amount? Is there any way I can actually escalate this to someone who won't say "you need to go to the store" - when the store says there's nothing they can do and to call CS back? Then CS makes a promise of a credit that doesn't happen?

I read in the OP that supervisors can't do anything, but is there some department I can ask for that can help out a bit more?

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!
Really quick and maybe dumb question: Do i need to do anything other than remove my Apple ID and factory reset my Verizon iPhone 5 if I'm going to sell it to a friend? Like call and get it released or something?

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

NurSpec posted:

Really quick and maybe dumb question: Do i need to do anything other than remove my Apple ID and factory reset my Verizon iPhone 5 if I'm going to sell it to a friend? Like call and get it released or something?

Triple check that find my iPhone is turned off in the settings. If you're going to get an android phone instead, deactivate imessage.

NurSpec
May 6, 2007

Win or lose,
just keep on trying!

Deep Winter posted:

Triple check that find my iPhone is turned off in the settings. If you're going to get an android phone instead, deactivate imessage.

Got it. It sent me an email saying it was turned off so it should be good! And i turned off iMessage a while ago before i got my new phone.

Thanks for the help!

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

bull3964 posted:

So, I just got a text from Verizon thanking me for my recent purchase of a turbo and they gave me a code to trade in a device with a minimum $100 trade in credit. I thought this was odd since I bought the turbo outright and usually these things are reserved for people getting a subsidized upgrade or on edge.

I cannot see anywhere in the fine print of the trade in site that says if I do this it will affect my account or anything like that. I'm still grandfathered into unlimited. That said, most of the text of the trade in site is talking about trading in for an iPhone and whatnot.

So, is this safe for me to do? I still have my Galaxy Nexus in good working order and $100 is more than I'm going to get for it selling used and a lot less hassle.

Did you get any answer on this or do more research to figure out what's up with this? I'm in the same boat, and going through VZN's little questionnaire for my galaxy nexus it says they'll give me $200 for it but that can't be because that phone is the devil. I guess I'm just cynical but I just assume VZN's got some real WWE-style heel move up their sleeve here to lock me into a 35-year contract or something.

If it's all on the up & up, I guess my follow-up question is, can the credit be used toward anything in the VZN store? I could throw some money at some workout headphones or anything else along the lines of "I wouldn't buy this normally, but..."

cuedotcom
Jun 16, 2009

:getout:

wattershed posted:

Did you get any answer on this or do more research to figure out what's up with this? I'm in the same boat, and going through VZN's little questionnaire for my galaxy nexus it says they'll give me $200 for it but that can't be because that phone is the devil. I guess I'm just cynical but I just assume VZN's got some real WWE-style heel move up their sleeve here to lock me into a 35-year contract or something.

If it's all on the up & up, I guess my follow-up question is, can the credit be used toward anything in the VZN store? I could throw some money at some workout headphones or anything else along the lines of "I wouldn't buy this normally, but..."

Others in this thread reported trading in a galaxy nexus for $200 with the purchase of a turbo.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

wattershed posted:

You get a gift card code you can use either on their store or apply to your bill.

There's also zero in there that prompted you to sign up for a contract, at least having gone through it with the iPhone buyback deal. You pick the device you're trading in, you enter your account info and an address to send the return envelope to, and that's it. I imagine the promo code is just an override that forces your buyback price since a Galaxy Nexus has to otherwise come with zero trade in value.

You do also realize that a contract has to be put in front of you and you have to agree to it, right? They can't just stealth sign you up.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

I'm just trying to figure out if there's anything in their store that I would want/need.

I can't use the amount to pay for my bill since I'm enrolled in One Bill with FiOS.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
Is there a current "this is obviously the good phone" choice like the Razr HD Maxx was a couple years back? Or a "this is obviously the less good phone but hard to damage" like the Razr M?

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

FRINGE posted:

Is there a current "this is obviously the good phone" choice like the Razr HD Maxx was a couple years back? Or a "this is obviously the less good phone but hard to damage" like the Razr M?

The droid turbo is fantastic by goon accounts, it is basically from the same line as the Razr HD Maxx so expect a similar experience. There are rumors that the Nexus 6 will be available on Verizon next week as well if you don't mind a giant phone.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

kitten smoothie posted:

You do also realize that a contract has to be put in front of you and you have to agree to it, right? They can't just stealth sign you up.

You understand being facetious, yes? It was a commentary on Verizon's overall shadiness as a company. I understand how contracts work. Thank you for the rest of the info, though.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

FRINGE posted:

You have a lot of competition for "this is obviously the good phone" at the moment. Droid Turbo will have the best battery life, but the LG G3, Galaxy S5, Z3C, iPhone 6, Note 4 and whatnot all are great phones as well. You might look into the extra features of each and find out what you like the most.

I use the Droid Turbo because of the battery life and active notifications, but my girlfriend loves her S5 because it's water resistant and has a great camera. I owned a Note 4 for a bit and it had amazing battery life and charged super quick, as well as had the best screen of any smartphone I've used. I usually have to interrogate customers a bit before I can really make a recommendation lately unlike previous years.

GUYS STOP
Jun 7, 2003
Grimey Drawer

FCKGW posted:

Also I don't know how the taxes work on the phones. I know in CA if i buy subsidized then the taxes on the unsub price is due up front. How do taxes on edge work? Is that monthly price including tax or do I need to figure a bit more for taxes as well?

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-edge-faqs/ posted:

Sales Tax Most states require sales tax on the full retail price paid by the customer, which in most instances will be charged at the time of the first invoice.

Note: Customers who purchased devices in AL, AZ, CO, IL, NM, ND or SD will be billed taxes and surcharges monthly as payments are made.
So most states besides those 7 get full tax up front on the first bill.

FCKGW posted:

Unrelated question: We're planning on turning on our iPhone 5 phones for the $200 trade-in credit, is that a credit towards purchase or a bill credit or what?
You get a (virtual) VZW gift card that can be spent on VZW equipment or accessories or applied to your monthly bill.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

Interesting. We charge tax up front on sales in Arizona.

Hdip
Aug 21, 2002
Costco will give my mom $150 dollar costco gift card per line to go to verizon. Any reason for her not get get 2 note 4's there this week?

CancerStick
Jun 3, 2011
Billing question. Can some of the experts here break down my bill to see if there are better options for our family share plan.

Monthly Charges: $254.94
Usage and Purchase Charges: $1.99
Verizon Wirelss Surcharges and Other Charges and Credits: $10.52
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees: $12.35
Total: $279.80

Nationwide TLK&TXT Share 700: $80.00
Line 1: $52.60 2GB Data Allowance (Uses <1 GB) (Droid Razr M, Upg Date: 2/7/15)
Line 2: $55.59 Unlimited Data (Uses 6-8 GB) (Moto X (2013), Upg Date: 3/18/16)
Line 3: $52.60 2GB Data Allowance (Uses <1 GB) (Galaxy S4, Upg Date: 8/16/15)
Line 4: $24.72 PAYU MB with EVDO; this has a data usage block on it that must stay (Samsung Brightside, Upg Date: 3/18/16)
Line 5: $14.29 No Data (LG Env 3, Upg Date: 1/4/15)

Lines 1-4 have Asurion insurance included.

Let me know if there is anything I am forgetting.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

CancerStick posted:

Billing question. Can some of the experts here break down my bill to see if there are better options for our family share plan.

Monthly Charges: $254.94
Usage and Purchase Charges: $1.99
Verizon Wirelss Surcharges and Other Charges and Credits: $10.52
Taxes, Governmental Surcharges & Fees: $12.35
Total: $279.80

Nationwide TLK&TXT Share 700: $80.00
Line 1: $52.60 2GB Data Allowance (Uses <1 GB) (Droid Razr M, Upg Date: 2/7/15)
Line 2: $55.59 Unlimited Data (Uses 6-8 GB) (Moto X (2013), Upg Date: 3/18/16)
Line 3: $52.60 2GB Data Allowance (Uses <1 GB) (Galaxy S4, Upg Date: 8/16/15)
Line 4: $24.72 PAYU MB with EVDO; this has a data usage block on it that must stay (Samsung Brightside, Upg Date: 3/18/16)
Line 5: $14.29 No Data (LG Env 3, Upg Date: 1/4/15)

Lines 1-4 have Asurion insurance included.

Let me know if there is anything I am forgetting.

On current pricing it's $40 per smartphone, $20 per basic phone, then you share data, for example, $80 for ten gigs. See how much data y'all use monthly.

PsychoBilly Caddy
Dec 2, 2005
You might say I picked it up at the factory. It's cheaper that way.
I'm looking to reduce my overall monthly bill and could use some advice on my plan.

Currently on Nationwide Talk & Text plan

Account Monthly Charges
Nationwide TLK&TXT Share 700 11/22 - 12/21 80.00
19% Access Discount ($80.00 + $9.99) 11/22 - 12/21 -17.10
03% Bonus Access Discount ($80.00 + $9.99) 11/22 - 12/21 -2.70

3 Dataplan lines:
Line Access 11/22 - 12/21 9.99
Email & Web Unlimited 11/22 - 12/21 29.99
$39.98
2 of these have unlimited data still

So the overall total comes out to around $195 each month with taxes and fees. All 3 lines are now out of contract, but I was told I can't get the ooc discount for my plan and I would have to switch to More Everything.

Is there anything else I can do to reduce my bill or should I just suck it up and switch to More Everything and get rid of Unlimited data. For the whole plan, we probably use 5-6 gigs monthly.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010

PsychoBilly Caddy posted:

I'm looking to reduce my overall monthly bill and could use some advice on my plan.

Currently on Nationwide Talk & Text plan

Account Monthly Charges
Nationwide TLK&TXT Share 700 11/22 - 12/21 80.00
19% Access Discount ($80.00 + $9.99) 11/22 - 12/21 -17.10
03% Bonus Access Discount ($80.00 + $9.99) 11/22 - 12/21 -2.70

3 Dataplan lines:
Line Access 11/22 - 12/21 9.99
Email & Web Unlimited 11/22 - 12/21 29.99
$39.98
2 of these have unlimited data still

So the overall total comes out to around $195 each month with taxes and fees. All 3 lines are now out of contract, but I was told I can't get the ooc discount for my plan and I would have to switch to More Everything.

Is there anything else I can do to reduce my bill or should I just suck it up and switch to More Everything and get rid of Unlimited data. For the whole plan, we probably use 5-6 gigs monthly.

On More Everything, we're looking at $40 per smartphone, then $80 for ten gigs of data, so $200 right then before insurance and taxes/fees. Then you subtract the out of contract discount per line, which at ten gigs is $25 per line, then you subtract your work discount off the data. And sometimes Verizon throws a fit about combining discounts.

Favorabilis Solitud
May 18, 2006
And that's the way it was.
Isn't directed at anyone specific, a few posts just brought back a few memories.

What discounts someone applies for is not determined by a human. It is either there to add on or it isn't. No one from the person who just took their first call to the CEO will be able to add something that isn't in the system for that account to be added. So debating why you should have something to a human being who cannot change it is not productive. We will let you unload on us then thank you and send you on your way.

Also, there is no one in Verizon that can just randomly press a button to lower the bill. There are also very few (if any) companies that give a discount for being with them for a long time. We appreciate it, but this is not something that can be done. As in, the mechanism to make it happen, does not exist. So again, throwing a shitfit on the phone because you chose to come to Verizon and stay but now want something more than what you originally agreed to is just going to create a bad experience for yourself.

We offer the great deals to new people so that everyone as a whole can still have the best service in the US. I know it seems unfair that the new guy gets the same deal as you but it wouldn't be fair to you if we didn't give them that deal because the more customers we have, the more we can continue to put up towers, maintain them, etc etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

A little birdie tweeted that there are Soak Test invites going to Droid Turbo owners. Lollipop perhaps?

• Locked thread