Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Onmi posted:

It's so sickening to hear Jim Cornette suck up to the WWE by claiming that Cena was a hard worker who was a dream to have.

Is there anything to indicate that he wasn't? I get the impression that Cena will do literally anything his bosses tell him to. Cornette only hates suck ups when they suck up to people who aren't him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Angular Landbury posted:

Is there anything to indicate that he wasn't? I get the impression that Cena will do literally anything his bosses tell him to. Cornette only hates suck ups when they suck up to people who aren't him.

Is there anything to indicate Jim Cornette was not sucking up to the WWE?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Jim "I've been fired from every job I've ever had in the wrestling business that wasn't a company I owned" Cornette, noted dishonest suck-up to the WWE

Didn't he say the same thing about Nick Dinsmore and then they made him Eugene?

Luigi Thirty fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Dec 4, 2014

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

Jim "I've been fired from every job I've ever had in the wrestling business that wasn't a company I owned" Cornette, noted dishonest suck-up to the WWE

Jim failed at getting fired from WCW. He wanted to be though!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

"ok I guess I am cool with having this but I'm cool with not having it. This is pretty neat. I want to ride on an old timey carousel"

I'm fairly certain that if he'd lasted even one extra episode of NXT he'd have done this promo verbatim :)

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Luigi Thirty posted:

I... okay just to be clear. People realize my first post was in sarcasm and this

Onmi posted:

Is there anything to indicate Jim Cornette was not sucking up to the WWE?

Was in response to

Angular Landbury posted:

Vagueness in regards to 'He' and 'Wasnt' Since He could refer to either Jim Cornette or John Cena, and 'Wasnt' could refer to Sucking up or being a hard worker.. The fact that he used 'Cornette only hates suck ups when they suck up to people who aren't him' I used lame internet humor to infer he meants the former for both, and asked for clarification.

Though here's him talking about Cena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XerHosDzcw
That ones a simple one, he mentions training the OVW Trio and "Batista had the look. Cena had the look, the talent and the drive. Orton has the look and the talent but no drive."

And then there's this other one I can't find yet, where he basically just talks about having him in OVW, said Danny Davis trusted him with the keys to the ring truck, was always a hard worker, did what he was told, pointed out fans don't understand how much a booker loves a guy like Cena. Said he was entertaining and thought he could be the next Ric Flair if they let him play heel. Still looking for it

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Onmi posted:

I... okay just to be clear. People realize my first post was in sarcasm and this

Was in response to

Vagueness in regards to 'He' and 'Wasnt' Since He could refer to either Jim Cornette or John Cena, and 'Wasnt' could refer to Sucking up or being a hard worker.. The fact that he used 'Cornette only hates suck ups when they suck up to people who aren't him' I used lame internet humor to infer he meants the former for both, and asked for clarification.

Though here's him talking about Cena
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XerHosDzcw
That ones a simple one, he mentions training the OVW Trio and "Batista had the look. Cena had the look, the talent and the drive. Orton has the look and the talent but no drive."

And then there's this other one I can't find yet, where he basically just talks about having him in OVW, said Danny Davis trusted him with the keys to the ring truck, was always a hard worker, did what he was told, pointed out fans don't understand how much a booker loves a guy like Cena. Said he was entertaining and thought he could be the next Ric Flair if they let him play heel. Still looking for it

Your poo poo's weak.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

So, was Dick Murdoch in the KKK or is that just a rumor? Because whenever I see Dick Murdoch, I can absolutely picture him in a white robe yelling "White power!"

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

fart blood posted:

So, was Dick Murdoch in the KKK or is that just a rumor? Because whenever I see Dick Murdoch, I can absolutely picture him in a white robe yelling "White power!"

I think Dusty said he was and they tagged a lot. I'm going from hazy memory though.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

there's a looot of wrestlers who say dick murdoch was klan. whether he was or not he was still a gigantic racist and scumbag

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cardboard Box posted:

there's a looot of wrestlers who say dick murdoch was klan. whether he was or not he was still a gigantic racist and scumbag

It makes me sad to hear about it because one of my favorite parts of Terry Funk's book is the Dick Murdoch stories.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
I thought I remember someone in their autobiography saying that Murdoch wasn't racist, but that he hated everybody equally. No idea if that's true since I can't even remember which book it was now.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Perry Normal posted:

I thought I remember someone in their autobiography saying that Murdoch wasn't racist, but that he hated everybody equally. No idea if that's true since I can't even remember which book it was now.

Maybe he was a forefather of that new Klan chapter that accepts minorities.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Perry Normal posted:

Fairly sure that was Dusty's book. I read it like ten years ago though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Perry Normal posted:

That's usually just a 'he's racist *and* he's even an rear end in a top hat to white people' thing anyway. Not exactly a great defense.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

"i'm not a racist, i hate everybody equally" is like exactly the thing a lot of internet cool guy racists say as if it excuses their racism lmao

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
And usually what they hate about white people is that they don't hate black people enough.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
I'm afraid that I have some bad news.

https://twitter.com/WadeBarrett/status/540570493020307456

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Kayfabe is dead :(

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
So I guess Heath Slater is the new leader of the Nexus

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Wade is just setting himself up to be the star witness who clears Heath 100%..... then once he gets into the witness stand he'll grab the judge's gavel and a predictable series of events will transpire.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
did a search on twitter to find out why Heath Slater was trending:

link

twitter is weird

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Why are they using french quote marks

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Chewy Bitems posted:

link

twitter is weird
heath slater is not himura kenshin. i'm very sorry, roselyne marot

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Heath Slater is not a rapist. He is an anime, and I have proof.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

His face is so tiny

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Chewy Bitems posted:

link

twitter is weird

#JusticeForSlater? I agree, a rapist should be brought to justice. That surely must be the meaning if the hashtag. If you just search on twitter :stare:

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Fat Lowtax posted:

I'm going to need CM Punk's confirmation on this.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Fat Lowtax posted:

Is that better or worse than being a farm?

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Chewy Bitems posted:

link

twitter is weird

Her twitter profile info sez she's an artist for WWE Comics, so that sorta explains her loyalty and bad art.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Two Beans posted:

Her twitter profile info sez she's an artist for WWE Comics, so that sorta explains her loyalty and bad art.
Does WWE recruit from DeviantArt?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppkpVrls3EI

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Charles Gnarwin posted:

#JusticeForSlater? I agree, a rapist should be brought to justice. That surely must be the meaning if the hashtag. If you just search on twitter :stare:
No see Heath Slater's life is ruined either way because he has to deal with the stigma of being accused of assault with intentions to rape

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Shawn Michaels' MRA hat always weirds me out for a second when I see it.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

No see Heath Slater's life is ruined either way because he has to deal with the stigma of being accused of assault with intentions to rape

To be fair, even if he's acquitted, people are going to assume he did it anyway and his lawyer just got him off. So, yes, if he didn't do it, his life will be pretty hosed up. Now I'm not saying he didn't do it, I'm not saying he did it either. I'm just saying that the truth wont matter even if he gets off. Everyone already has made their judgement in their mind.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Onmi posted:

To be fair, even if he's acquitted, people are going to assume he did it anyway and his lawyer just got him off. So, yes, if he didn't do it, his life will be pretty hosed up. Now I'm not saying he didn't do it, I'm not saying he did it either. I'm just saying that the truth wont matter even if he gets off. Everyone already has made their judgement in their mind.

Yeah the thing with any manner of sex crime is that even if someone is unequivocally proven innocent, it really fucks their life up bad. Now, the number of false accusations is a fraction of a fraction of a percent (especially when you consider unreported cases), but it DOES happen. Hell, even in high profile cases it happens. Look up the NBA's Chris Andersen. That dude 100% didn't do anything wrong (he slept with a younger girl which is kinda creepy I guess but she was able to and did legally consent and then a bunch of hosed up poo poo with a third party happened) and by accounts of the article that was done about it, the false accusations basically made him a recluse.

That said I definitely lean towards "Heath did it and is a shithead, good on the lady for finally coming forward". But saying "his life is hosed even in the miniscule chance he's innocent and that kinda sucks too" is not that nuts of a statement IMO.

EDIT: I also acknowledge there are false acquittals, by the way.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Yeah the thing with any manner of sex crime is that even if someone is unequivocally proven innocent, it really fucks their life up bad. Now, the number of false accusations is a fraction of a fraction of a percent (especially when you consider unreported cases), but it DOES happen. Hell, even in high profile cases it happens. Look up the NBA's Chris Andersen. That dude 100% didn't do anything wrong (he slept with a younger girl which is kinda creepy I guess but she was able to and did legally consent and then a bunch of hosed up poo poo with a third party happened) and by accounts of the article that was done about it, the false accusations basically made him a recluse.

That said I definitely lean towards "Heath did it and is a shithead, good on the lady for finally coming forward". But saying "his life is hosed even in the miniscule chance he's innocent and that kinda sucks too" is not that nuts of a statement IMO.

EDIT: I also acknowledge there are false acquittals, by the way.

To counter, her life is hosed regardless as well. If Heath is convicted, the fans who are unwilling to believe that a celebrity could ever commit a heinous crime will harass her relentlessly for taking away their precious wrestleman. If he walks, she will be branded as a gold digger who lied and tried to ruin a man's life for money.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Charles Gnarwin posted:

To counter, her life is hosed regardless as well. If Heath is convicted, the fans who are unwilling to believe that a celebrity could ever commit a heinous crime will harass her relentlessly for taking away their precious wrestleman. If he walks, she will be branded as a gold digger who lied and tried to ruin a man's life for money.

Yup, sex crime ruins everyones lives, so the best answer is that no one should commit sex crimes... also other types of crime.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Agreed. It 100% sucks regardless. Shame to hear, and I hope she recovers alright.

I doubt THAT many people care about Slater though tbh. So at least there's that. :)

Onmi posted:

Yup, sex crime ruins everyones lives, so the best answer is that no one should commit sex crimes... also other types of crime.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Hard to believe your friends do horrible poo poo. For example, I still refuse to believe my best friend liked that Grown Ups 2.