Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

:catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Any particular reason CCH isn't on that list. Not like she's Kevin Conroy where he would never fit the part on film...

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

CCH Pounder is tailor-made for the role. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

Any particular reason CCH isn't on that list. Not like she's Kevin Conroy where he would never fit the part on film...

Oprah and Octavia Spencer have tons of award nominations for acting.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

WB/DC's current trend at the moment is to go after Oscar nominees for certain roles. They're swinging for the fences.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
I want an actual fat lady to play Waller. We don't need every person in comic book movies to be played by hot models.

edit: How about that actress from Precious.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

Narciss posted:

I want an actual fat lady to play Waller. We don't need every person in comic book movies to be played by hot models.

In Assault on Arkham Waller was more stacked than fat. :D

She looked scary.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Narciss posted:

I wouldn't call Oprah or Octavia Spencer hot models. They're talented actresses though.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TheChad posted:

In Assault on Arkham Waller was more stacked than fat. :D

She looked scary.

They call her "the wall" right? so it makes sense that she'd be square.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
"When I'm fighting you it's like you're literally standing still."

They just had to put that little fight in at the end, haha. Good line though.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
She's everything the antithesis of the "typical" hero. She's a minority, a woman, not attractive in the traditional sense. I was a huge fan of the character on JLU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Extended trailer for the midseason finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TeSI9Sof3Y

People are already doing the Batman Begins comparisons too.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

boom boom boom posted:

They call her "the wall" right? so it makes sense that she'd be square.

I really loved how she walked right into the room full of super powered killers and dominated the room with her presence. The current Amanda Waller can't do that at all in the arrow so I really hope whoever they get for the big screen can project that kind of power.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Scyantific posted:

Season 1 felt like Batman Begins stretched out into a Television series, they're really mining Batman for all its worth.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

TheChad posted:

I really loved how she walked right into the room full of super powered killers and dominated the room with her presence. The current Amanda Waller can't do that at all in the arrow so I really hope whoever they get for the big screen can project that kind of power.

All the other actors talk about how they have to spend a lot of time at the gym for the show, they need to get the chick who plays Waller to spend the same amount of time at IHOP.

Scyantific posted:

The first time Oliver meets Ras is a duel to the death. This show is fun.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
The first time he meets Ras that we know of.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

greatn posted:

Season 5 flashback.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

Season 5 flashback.

Wouldn't he have met Sarah if he'd interacted with the League before? Or Nyssa?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

greatn posted:

Season 4 flashbacks will just be Ras and Olie at a Himalayan spy doing nothing of any importance.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

Wouldn't he have met Sarah if he'd interacted with the League before? Or Nyssa?

"My daughter would have enjoyed meeting you, Oliver, but she is working with a...detective elsewhere at the moment. Perhaps some other time."

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Drifter posted:

"My daughter would have enjoyed meeting you, Oliver, but she is working with a...detective elsewhere at the moment. Perhaps some other time."

I'm not asking about Talia, I'm asking about Nyssa. Come on, keep up.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You know what would be an amazing mid-season ending? Ollie defeats Ras Al Ghul, doesn't want to kill him, but it does happen somehow. Nyssa walks to him ready to kill him, then kneels down because Ollie now is the leader of the league of shadows. Cut to credits, see you in a month.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

greatn posted:

You know what would be an amazing mid-season ending? Ollie defeats Ras Al Ghul, doesn't want to kill him, but it does happen somehow. Nyssa walks to him ready to kill him, then kneels down because Ollie now is the leader of the league of shadows. Cut to credits, see you in a month.

Oliver defeats Ras but is thrown into a pool. He comes out as an 8 year old. He has a crossover with Gotham where he teaches young Bruce how to fight. Then he has a crossover with Constantine where he sacrifices his youth to take a child out of hell. Then he has a crossover with Shield where is caught as a potential 084.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TheChad posted:

It's still early. She might develop a thyroid problem.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

greatn posted:

League of Shadows revealed to be Necromongers

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Some Numbers posted:

I'm not asking about Talia, I'm asking about Nyssa. Come on, keep up.

You know if there's a Batman he's bangin' e'rybody.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Soylentbits posted:

Oliver defeats Ras but is thrown into a pool. He comes out as an 8 year old. He has a crossover with Gotham where he teaches young Bruce how to fight. Then he has a crossover with Constantine where he sacrifices his youth to take a child out of hell. Then he has a crossover with Shield where is caught as a potential 084.

A Kree device hits him and sends him halfway across the galaxy to the planet of Argo, where he crosses over with the pilot of Supergirl, helping Zor-El get his daughter Kara off the exploding planet. Next up, John Stewart Diggle recovers a Green Lantern ring in the new Green Lantern pilot, and in the second episode travels to space to save his buddy Oliver Queen.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Last ep got a 1.4 in the demo, the best ratings to date.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Oprah and Octavia Spencer have tons of award nominations for acting.

If I was Warner, I'd be concerned that Oprah's public image might play against her being intimidating in the role.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Gaz-L posted:

If I was Warner, I'd be concerned that Oprah's public image might play against her being intimidating in the role.

You honestly believe Oprah couldn't get someone murdered at the drop of a hat?

radlum
May 13, 2013
The moment I saw shirtless Ollie and Ra's I thought that they just might as well adapt the whole Batman Vs Ra's duel from the comics

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

hiddenriverninja posted:

You honestly believe Oprah couldn't get someone murdered at the drop of a hat?

I am pretty sure she has.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

By the way, I assume I wasn't the only one who started singing Eye of the Tiger when the last episode ended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC52KBgm5dY for uncultured swine who didn't get the reference.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Thin Young Amanda Waller still kicks rear end because she's still Amanda Goddamn Waller, but the DCAU-and-associated-productions/pre-New 52 version manages to be infinitely more incredible for being a huge, not-conventionally-attractive black woman and still managing to go toe-to-toe with goddamn Batman in terms of raw intellect, force of personality, and control, all while being totally unashamed of her appearance.

Making Waller a conventionally-attractive woman isn't some Great Crime, but it's a missed opportunity.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

Bruceski posted:

By the way, I assume I wasn't the only one who started singing Eye of the Tiger when the last episode ended?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC52KBgm5dY for uncultured swine who didn't get the reference.

Yeah, I was fully expecting the Rocky III freeze-frame

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did people bitch about the end of Rocky III too?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Narciss posted:

Season 1 felt like Batman Begins stretched out into a Television series, they're really mining Batman for all its worth.

Given Oliver's tends to straight up kill people (I think his death count this season is 6) he is a way better fit for the League of Assassins then Batman ever was even though Ras is a Batman villain.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

radlum posted:

The moment I saw shirtless Ollie and Ra's I thought that they just might as well adapt the whole Batman Vs Ra's duel from the comics

They just may.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Someone else is coming back.
http://imgur.com/a/isgTC#btt54sE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

zoux posted:

Someone else is coming back.