Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
See this is why I either go for plain, mushroom, or olives.

I'm kind of sad to admit that I like Pizza Hut still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Amy Sedaris :allears:

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

achillesforever6 posted:

See this is why I either go for plain, mushroom, or olives.

I'm kind of sad to admit that I like Pizza Hut still.

Their thin crust is the best and I will brook no argument on this point. :colbert:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

They have good breadsticks still, but I ordered from them a few months ago and I couldn't stand how drowned in grease and butter their pizza was.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

raditts posted:

They have good breadsticks still, but I ordered from them a few months ago and I couldn't stand how drowned in grease and butter their pizza was.
Yeah I still love the breadsticks, I usually get the personal pans so they are kind of less greasy; I love using the dipping sauce for the pizza. That is some good sauce. Much better than Papa Johns, Domino, and other lovely chains. As always though, if you have a local place get that.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Are there places WITHOUT local pizza joints? I mean, I think I have about a dozen local places in a 5 mile radius. The idea that anyone would seek out chain pizza just seems foreign.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I live in a DC suburb that has plenty of chain pizza but no convenient local places, and none of them deliver that I'm aware of. We have a few good places that serve fancier pizza in a sit down setting, though, because that's fun.

(Seriously their pizza is great DELIVER IT TO ME)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

bull3964 posted:

Are there places WITHOUT local pizza joints? I mean, I think I have about a dozen local places in a 5 mile radius. The idea that anyone would seek out chain pizza just seems foreign.
I mean when you are in college sometimes its better to get cheaper chains

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

bull3964 posted:

Where I live, the local places are worse than the chains.
On the other hand, the lack of decent pizza has resulted in my wife getting a lot better at making it from scratch.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I thought most of the 20 new comments here would be about Stewart's reaction to the Eric Garner case. Too depressing to even talk about? Yeah.

But mostly pizza. That Pizza Hut bit was immediately followed by Pizza Hut ads on Hulu. :tinfoil:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

berserker posted:

gently caress man, every time I see anything with Lady Gaga in it I respect her more. She's fantastic.

The big thing about Lady Gaga is that under all the presentation she's a big ol' music school geek who loves doing goofy poo poo. The persona was a way to get noticed but she doesn't take it too seriously.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Acquilae posted:

Amy Sedaris :allears:

No one makes friends with a failure!

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Giuliani has been a worthless sack of poo poo ever since he got done talking about 9/11.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Acquilae posted:

Giuliani has been a worthless sack of poo poo ever since he got done talking about 9/11.

Oh he was that long before too. He just got a pass for, ya know, national tragedy.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
And I love the new guy already.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yep, new guy rules.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: turning around the "starving kids in Africa" line on Mississippi

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
One last Dinello appearance before the end... :gbsmith:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

I hope we get one last Jeff Goldblum appearance too

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I hope we see Michael Stipe on the shelf.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

404GoonNotFound posted:

Its awesome how he is still friends with his stangers with candy castmates. I hope he takes him as his co-host.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

bobkatt013 posted:

Its awesome how he is still friends with his stangers with candy castmates. I hope he takes him as his co-host.

Well he does need a bandleader...

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

404GoonNotFound posted:

And I love the new guy already.

Trevor Noah, the new guy on Daily Show? If so, yea he's great and had a stand-up on Netflix that is good titled "African American."

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

bull3964 posted:

If the local chain didn't tack on a $4 delivery surcharge, I'd choose them over Pizza Hut way more often.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Can someone please destroy the Lich King's Mayor's phylactery.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"I never thought I'd be more afraid of American police than South African police."

Endless burn.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

While Unbroken could be a perfectly fine film, every time a talk show shows a clip of a war or post-apoc or whatever movie, I just can't help but notice that everyone still has perfect hair.

Neumonic
Sep 25, 2003

This is my serious face.
Was that Mark Ruffalo playing the guy with the eyepatch on the 12/14 episode of Colbert?

It might have been Paul Dinello.

Neumonic fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 6, 2014

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mo0 posted:

I live in a DC suburb that has plenty of chain pizza but no convenient local places, and none of them deliver that I'm aware of. We have a few good places that serve fancier pizza in a sit down setting, though, because that's fun.

(Seriously their pizza is great DELIVER IT TO ME)

Same.

The local places that do deliver are either worse than national chains or cost 2-3 times as much. If I felt like going to an actual restaurant there's plenty of great pizza, and cheaper than the chains, but I usually want pizza when I'm drunk and lazy. Pizza Hut is open late and is by far the best national chain pizza.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mo0 posted:

Their thin crust is the best and I will brook no argument on this point. :colbert:
Look, you can like thin crust, I have no qualms with that, but to say that at Pizza Hut, you PREFER their thin crust over what is indoubtedly the best chain deep dish? Do you even have a soul?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neumonic posted:

Was that Mark Ruffalo playing the guy with the eyepatch on the 12/14 episode of Colbert?

It might have been Paul Dinello.

I dunno, I guess we'll have to wait to see that special Sunday episode that happens 8 days in the future?? :confused:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josh Lyman posted:

Look, you can like thin crust, I have no qualms with that, but to say that at Pizza Hut, you PREFER their thin crust over what is indoubtedly the best chain deep dish? Do you even have a soul?

Pizza Hut's pan pizza is usually undercooked in my experience.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I can get a large pepperoni from little ceasars for six dollars. Dominos and Pizza hut only are comparable if I get a huge group together - I'm in an apartment with health conscious roommates who aren't ever going to indulge in more than a slice of pizza.

Meanwhile, there's an excellent italian restaurant that does awesome pizza - but don't bother with a small or individual size. Their minimum is fifteen dollars.

Also, there's HUGE variance in each location. Dominos in particular ranges from "vaguely edible" to "Hey, not bad!" depending on where you're at.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Trevor Noah really did come in at the right time with the right skit for the show. His bit is still "trending" on Facebook two days later. I now almost feel bad for every other correspondent who weren't given as strong a skit on their first televised bit. It helps that he does seem funny.

It's funny how there's more excitement over Noah joining the The Daily Show cast than when two or three people join SNL.

Echo Chamber fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 6, 2014

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
The best part is that Trevor Noah's stand-up special is being plugged with all those articles about his first Daily Show bit. It's on Netflix and rules, I first heard him on a live WTF episode where he talked about his family and history, loving astonishing stuff to hear about from the comfort of a white American lifestyle.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Just saw Trevor Noah's introduction to the show. He was great and I'm really looking forward to see him more on the show (also, he is pretty easy on the eyes)

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

bull3964 posted:

I know this feeling. I've lived right around the corner from a pizza place my whole live. Within five miles, there are no less than three separate Luigi's, all claiming variably to famous, original, or whatever, and having nothing to do with the other.

The idea of places without local pizza is strange and frightening.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Mr. Fowl posted:

I know this feeling. I've lived right around the corner from a pizza place my whole live. Within five miles, there are no less than three separate Luigi's, all claiming variably to famous, original, or whatever, and having nothing to do with the other.

The idea of places without local pizza is strange and frightening.

Around where I live the pizza places seem to like calling themselves "Two Cousins" (or "2 Cousins" or "Two Cousin"). I don't know whether these two cousins are supposed to be related across the board, but one thing they do have in common is that their pizza is terrible.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Echo Chamber posted:

Trevor Noah really did come in at the right time with the right skit for the show. His bit is still "trending" on Facebook two days later. I now almost feel bad for every other correspondent who weren't given as strong a skit on their first televised bit. It helps that he does seem funny.

It's funny how there's more excitement over Noah joining the The Daily Show cast than when two or three people join SNL.

Jordan Klepper's been getting better after an awful first few skits. His trajectory seems similar to Colin Jost at SNL: stiff white bro-looking guy with awful first impression starting to get into the rhythm of the thing.

It doesn't help him that Samantha Bee, Jason Jones, and Jessica Williams are already putting on a correspondent master class.

I liked the new guy. Didn't kill it, but kept his poo poo together and didn't stumble over punch lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mars4523
Feb 17, 2014
I thought Jordan Klepper's first appearance as "Senior Caucasian Correspondent" was hilarious.

"I-I'm sorry Dad. I mean Jon."

• Locked thread