Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

rapeface posted:

No one look up the show on imdb, it gives away the next episode name.

Argh I did it anyway and I am disappointed I spoiled the surprise but also super psyched!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
I really hope they eventuality drop the dumb subplot between Amy and Jack. The opposite attract thing is incredible played out and just not very interesting overall. Dropping the same plot Between Boyle and Rosa was better for both characters, because it avoided the ton of dumb cliches that come with a comedy couple. We just narrowly avoided the tired jealousy thing this time, let's hope they really never actually bring it up in earnest again.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

e X posted:

I really hope they eventuality drop the dumb subplot between Amy and Jack.

Me too, I've never even heard of this Jack character.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

Holt exacty describes nerd food product 'Soylent' when he talks about his ideal diet.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Do we know how many episodes Eva Longoria is on board for? Kinda hope she gets to be an ongoing recurring character but I don't know if she has other commitments. (She is generally pretty busy it seems.)

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Do we know how many episodes Eva Longoria is on board for? Kinda hope she gets to be an ongoing recurring character but I don't know if she has other commitments. (She is generally pretty busy it seems.)

I hope more. Ive never seen her shows but she kills it in this and has good chemistry with peralta

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
"Now I know how Salieri felt."

I laughed harder at that than any joke for a long time. Like at least two solid minutes. His eyes really sold it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think she's only on for three episodes so only one left.

Tupping Liberty
Mar 17, 2008

Never cross an introvert.
Nthing the love for the Sophia/Jake chemistry. Too bad she isn't sticking around longer.

Also I loved her "I am an adult!" diatribe.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Well the only way to keep her around if they're going to keep them together is to have them remain offscreen for most of the time, like Kevin.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!

Fooz posted:

Holt exacty describes nerd food product 'Soylent' when he talks about his ideal diet.

Or basically whatever brand tube feed you see in a hospital.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

With how much of a robot Holt is, the first thing I thought of was the "How Robocop eats" scene in the first movie.

"Tastes like baby food."

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Although Jake, Amy, Sofia and Teddy had a rough go of it personally, the latest episode featured pretty much the only successful prisoner transfer in a TV show/film/comic that I can remember.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Metalshark posted:

Although Jake, Amy, Sofia and Teddy had a rough go of it personally, the latest episode featured pretty much the only successful prisoner transfer in a TV show/film/comic that I can remember.

Dude seemed pretty chill. He went from looking out the window to dead asleep in the space of a camera change.

Metropolis
Apr 6, 2006

Metalshark posted:

Man I forgot that was what they were doing completely and just assumed they had picked up a hitchhiker.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
If you need any more evidence that Terry Crews is awesome here he is talking about feminism; http://jezebel.com/terry-crews-modern-day-masculinity-can-be-as-damaging-1665251714

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

A bartender once told me that back in the day pilsners were a really big deal because they were lighter and crisper than the heavier ales that everyone was drinking. Don't know if that's true or not, but it sure was interesting at 3am!

Homebrewer here, pilsners are a harder more fickle beer to make compared to ales. That blandness isn't easy!

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

If you need any more evidence that Terry Crews is awesome here he is talking about feminism; http://jezebel.com/terry-crews-modern-day-masculinity-can-be-as-damaging-1665251714

You wouldn't think he'd have to try so hard given how much pussy he must smash on a regular basis.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Radio Nowhere posted:

Homebrewer here, pilsners are a harder more fickle beer to make compared to ales. That blandness isn't easy!

I read somewhere that at beer judging contests people that brew something close to a bud or coors take first prize often because of this

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Dude seemed pretty chill. He went from looking out the window to dead asleep in the space of a camera change.

It *was* 6:30 AM. I wonder if they had him awake at the beginning of the scene so you wouldn't think he was dead/knocked out.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

DOUG

JUDY

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
God dammit santa why are you so fat??

Oh drat the heater!

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

everybody shoot yours guns in the air!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dilber posted:

everybody shoot yours guns in the air!

I'm surprised no one did that.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

SUSPICIONS CONFIRMED :geno:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

A lie guy

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
From Ray to Z

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm curious if there's going to be a twist, like Doug's actually the Gigglepig guy or he's deliberately let himself be caught to get a good deal on his outstanding warrants, or something else. Alternatively Jake's distrust blows the whole operation and it turns out Doug was on the level the whole time.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Lets make out.

Not yet.

Dolash posted:

I'm curious if there's going to be a twist, like Doug's actually the Gigglepig guy or he's deliberately let himself be caught to get a good deal on his outstanding warrants, or something else. Alternatively Jake's distrust blows the whole operation and it turns out Doug was on the level the whole time.

I'm voting the latter option.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Some say that makes Zeus my dad!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Your dad might has well circled all the parts of my mom he didn't like!
You did that to me!

I had no idea Stephan Root was Broyle's dad. That's perfect.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 8, 2014

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Holy poo poo, Rosa at the end.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Dilber posted:

Holy poo poo, Rosa at the end.

How can people do this with their faces!

Ooh! MORE WORK!!! Ah Amy Santiago :swoon:

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

How can anyone mess up an omelette? It's a flat egg!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

The secret, unrevealed twist is that Doug came back to NYC specifically to get caught so he could help bust the Gigglepig ring and clean up the neighborhood. It's all part of his extremely long con to win Rosa's heart.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
"I know that sounded sarcastic…"

"Nobody thought that."

"Not for a moment."

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I have nothing to back it up, but has Holt ended every single one of his flashback bitchin' moustache apprehensions with the word "Dirtbag?"

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
I hope Andre Braugher is having shitloads of fun because his character is goddamned hilarious.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I love how Doug Judy and Jake are pretty much the same person on opposite sides of the law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Doug Judy episodes own.

Also the commercial with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, drat. She's an ageless wonder.

• Locked thread