Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
And Grundy, apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Voldemort :ohdear:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phylodox posted:

And Grundy, apparently.

"It's like he rose from the dead, Oliver!"

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

zoux posted:

Someone else is coming back.
http://imgur.com/a/isgTC#btt54sE

I hope there's an in-episode explanation for the Lakers hoodie and he wasn't just wearing it between takes.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Her legs are so thin. :notsexy:

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
"GRUNDY NO SKIP LEG DAY!!!"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not a thing!

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

hiddenriverninja posted:

You honestly believe Oprah couldn't get someone murdered at the drop of a hat?

Black Martha Stewart y'all.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
:derp: <---Laurel

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I'm just picturing her taking three or four seconds to wind up her punches like Popeye.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

zoux posted:

He just needs to wear the Lakers jacket all the time.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

sbaldrick posted:

Given Oliver's tends to straight up kill people (I think his death count this season is 6) he is a way better fit for the League of Assassins then Batman ever was even though Ras is a Batman villain.

Who has Oliver killed this season? Flashback scenes and "doing this would probably kill them" don't count

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Who has Oliver killed this season? Flashback scenes and "doing this would probably kill them" don't count

He killed his sister's innocence, he's killed Roy's chances at being an actual superhero by relegating him to third-tier, he's killed Felicity's chances of bangin' him, et cetera.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Oliver hasn't killed anyone this season, I don't think. He may have killed a few mirakuru'd goons at the end of last season, and before that his last kill was the first Count Vertigo.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

zoux posted:

Yes, those boots own, Laurel wins back a ton of points for owning a pair of cool boots instead of nothing but heels like all the other women in this sho-

oh, never mind.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Dec 5, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Yeah, I'm sure the prosecutor is going to show up in court in furry boots and not heels.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She actually looks to be in DA wear there and so can't really be wearing boots, but yeah those are likely Katie Cassidy's and not wardrobe.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

hcreight posted:

Oliver hasn't killed anyone this season, I don't think. He may have killed a few mirakuru'd goons at the end of last season, and before that his last kill was the first Count Vertigo.

I think he killed a couple mercs on that island resort with his mcguyver arrows and gun, but that was on foreign soil and a de facto military op. Still pretty sure he capped a couple dudes there though.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

greatn posted:

I think he killed a couple mercs on that island resort with his mcguyver arrows and gun, but that was on foreign soil and a de facto military op. Still pretty sure he capped a couple dudes there though.

Ah, yeah, I forgot about Corto Maltese. It wouldn't surprise me if that ended with people dying, but I'd just rather believe Oliver is a good enough shot to only shoot extremities.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
In that while fight scene I think he wasn't the arrow, he was just Oliver Queen.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Deadpool posted:

Yeah, I'm sure the prosecutor is going to show up in court in furry boots and not heels.

I'm just saying, I don't think Felicity has ever worn flats, and she just worked in I.T.

Caitlin always wears heels to her job(? does Wells still pay her?) watching Barry play Jenga really fast

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

teagone posted:

I wouldn't call Oprah or Octavia Spencer hot models. They're talented actresses though.
Oprah won Miss Black Tennessee at age 17 and was a tv news anchor all through the 70s. She was hot enough to model.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Are you guys somehow trying to imply that CCH Pounder isn't hot?

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme posted:

Ah, yeah, I forgot about Corto Maltese. It wouldn't surprise me if that ended with people dying, but I'd just rather believe Oliver is a good enough shot to only shoot extremities.

Even if he only shot extremities, he only fired one shot that was enough to straight up incapacitate then they left the soldiers to bleed out and die of shock. Either way, Oliver is not the most moral person.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

If you don't see them die it doesn't count.

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

sbaldrick posted:

Even if he only shot extremities, he only fired one shot that was enough to straight up incapacitate then they left the soldiers to bleed out and die of shock. Either way, Oliver is not the most moral person.

Yeah, but the arrow doesn't kill people so that didn't happen

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

zoux posted:

Dammit, Laurel, that's what happens when you get an unapproved high! We used to have someone to regulate our highs, but someone killed that guy. Oliver's gonna have to answer for this!

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

hcreight posted:

I hope there's an in-episode explanation for the Lakers hoodie and he wasn't just wearing it between takes.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hcreight posted:

This got me wondering -- is there any DC representation of Los Angeles or a Los Angeles-like city? All the fictional ones are based on cities further east. I know Ollie ends up in Seattle or something, but California seems absent?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

This got me wondering -- is there any DC representation of Los Angeles or a Los Angeles-like city? All the fictional ones are based on cities further east. I know Ollie ends up in Seattle or something, but California seems absent?

Animal Man lives in San Diego

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

Scyantific posted:

Extended trailer for the midseason finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TeSI9Sof3Y

People are already doing the Batman Begins comparisons too.

It looks like the reason Oliver goes there is because the League captured or threatened Thea (presumably to get to Malcolm).

Is it possible that the purpose of the douchey DJ guy was that he was actually a LOA plant put there to help them do that?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

bbf2 posted:

It looks like the reason Oliver goes there is because the League captured or threatened Thea (presumably to get to Malcolm).

Is it possible that the purpose of the douchey DJ guy was that he was actually a LOA plant put there to help them do that?

If the League is employing hollow boned dubstep spawn they have become everything they hate

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The DJ is gonna be a setup for next season when it is revealed in a cliffhanger that he works for H.I.V... E.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bad Moon posted:

If the League is employing hollow boned dubstep spawn they have become everything they hate

"To eliminate evil, one must first understand it. Talia... drop the bass."

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It all makes sense now. The Canary was murdered by The Deadmau5.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

bbf2 posted:

If that happens, maybe Oliver and Malcolm join forces?

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Aphrodite posted:

She actually looks to be in DA wear there and so can't really be wearing boots, but yeah those are likely Katie Cassidy's and not wardrobe.

I'm sure it's for closer shots. It's way easier to perform stunts *not* wearing heels, I imagine.

greatn posted:

You know what would be an amazing mid-season ending? Ollie defeats Ras Al Ghul, doesn't want to kill him, but it does happen somehow. Nyssa walks to him ready to kill him, then kneels down because Ollie now is the leader of the league of shadows. Cut to credits, see you in a month.

Alternately, Ollie takes on Ra's and Ra's guts him like a fish. Ollie dies, and Nyssa feels regret that neither she nor Ollie could avenge Sara's murder. Felicity cries.

Arrow will return in January in an episode titled, "Lazarus."

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Gaz-L posted:

"To eliminate evil, one must first understand it. Talia... drop the bass."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCawU6BE8P8

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Xealot posted:

Alternately, Ollie takes on Ra's and Ra's guts him like a fish. Ollie dies, and Nyssa feels regret that neither she nor Ollie could avenge Sara's murder. Felicity cries.

Arrow will return in January in an episode titled, "Lazarus."

The balls it would take to do this would require wheelbarrows. First you'd have to deal with everyone screaming over the main character dying - then you'd get accused of copping out when you bring him back.

It would be glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
You'd have to be pretty dumb to think that there's any chance that they wouldn't bring him back, though.

• Locked thread