Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

A thick, hardcover tome with separate pages for the text and psalms and embossed gold on the cover.

Yeah, I have expensive tastes.

Kickstart the poo poo out of this.

Hell, if you do the Kickstarter anyway and show up at to the author's house with a literal dumptruck full of money, it's okay, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Expensive books are the only kind of books worth having these days.

I remember when I was younger having a bookshelf that was so full the shelves were breaking in half, and it was super hard deciding what would go in storage and what to get rid of. Now, unless it's signed or annotated or super loving pretty on the outside, it's like "toss it, I'll just find it online when I want it again".

I think it's roughly equally down to the ubiquity of ebooks, the sweet leather cover on my tablet, and the creeping realisation that I will never own a permanent dwelling in which to house a fuckload of dead trees.

(mostly the last one though :()

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

A thick, hardcover tome with separate pages for the text and psalms and embossed gold on the cover.

Basically you want a K6BD Bible.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Also available bound in questionably sourced leather :unsmigghh:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
The Man of Many Shades has had the best newspaper headline ever:
Sun Dies in Overdose

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oxxidation posted:

It would be a lot more fun than the regular Bible.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Expensive books are the only kind of books worth having these days.

I remember when I was younger having a bookshelf that was so full the shelves were breaking in half, and it was super hard deciding what would go in storage and what to get rid of. Now, unless it's signed or annotated or super loving pretty on the outside, it's like "toss it, I'll just find it online when I want it again".

I think it's roughly equally down to the ubiquity of ebooks, the sweet leather cover on my tablet, and the creeping realisation that I will never own a permanent dwelling in which to house a fuckload of dead trees.

(mostly the last one though :()

For single issues, webcomics that I'm reading one page at a time and literature, digital is great, especially with e-ink displays for books. Paper is just so much more pleasant to stare at for collected comics though.

It's a shame that the market for colour e-ink displays died before it began, because a decent display would be perfect for comics.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Oxxidation posted:

It starts off as completely typical 2000's-era webcomic humor (which means it's about as funny as Marmaduke on tranquilizers) but after a certain point Clevinger realized that 95% of his comic just consisted of his characters standing around being horrible at each other while anticlimaxes happened all around them, so he cranked that up to the point of parody. It's still not exactly a gut-buster, but it's probably aged better than nearly every other webcomic from its time.

The fact that Clevinger writes comic books now shows that he had a lot more foresight than most of his webcomic peers, so I'm not entirely surprised to hear it got better towards the end.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'd be down with that.

I remember reading in one of the news posts that they want to produce a physical book sometime after they're done with the first "book" of comic strips which they estimated to be around Jan/Feb. Worth keeping an eye out for any announcements.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Oxxidation posted:

It starts off as completely typical 2000's-era webcomic humor (which means it's about as funny as Marmaduke on tranquilizers) but after a certain point Clevinger realized that 95% of his comic just consisted of his characters standing around being horrible at each other while anticlimaxes happened all around them, so he cranked that up to the point of parody. It's still not exactly a gut-buster, but it's probably aged better than nearly every other webcomic from its time.
God dammit, I agree with an Oxxidation post. What is happening.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
8-Bit Theater stands out as it was a sprite comic that was decently written and had a lot more effort put into its presentation (backgrounds, layouts, etc.) than anything else out there. It may not have the most original humor and nobody these days would probably laugh more than maybe a slight chuckle every 50 pages, but it's not really something that stands out to me as one of my "webcomic regrets".

I dare you to try and (possibly re-)read the full archives of Bob and George.

UniqueLikeMonique
May 19, 2014
Since when did KC Green become such a jerk? He's deliberately alienating fans on Twitter just because he doesn't like their views or who they talk to. I never knew the guy who created dickbutt could have such a dick up his arse.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Awful Hospital status: continuously more awful. That spoon :barf:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Oxxidation posted:

If Abaddon put out a thickass illustrated tome of the myths and history of K6BD, and they were all as good as Aesma and the Three Masters, I would buy the goddamn poo poo out of that book. I don't care that it would cost me all the money.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Leroy Dennui posted:

I couldn't get past the first three pages of Bob & George back in the day where I found 8BT hilarious; and I cannot read even a single page of 8BT today.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Bob and George was great if you were really desperate for a comic to acknowledge that it was being read by you, constantly, all of the time

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

UniqueLikeMonique posted:

Since when did KC Green become such a jerk? He's deliberately alienating fans on Twitter just because he doesn't like their views or who they talk to. I never knew the guy who created dickbutt could have such a dick up his arse.

Hi Spoonful. Month up already, I see! Hope you been well. Please get help and Merry Christmas.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

So is this where your monthly breakdown is going to happen?

Listen, if you really can't afford the help you need, me and I'm sure a few other goons would be happy to pitch in so we can pay the psych for you. There's no shame in asking for help.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Oh its SpoonfulofBromide again? Disregarding post, then.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Why do you people hate Spoony so much? It's more funny and creative than most SA people.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
i dont hate him, he has the funniest meltdowns and there are only three people at the moment with more goldmined threads

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Hogge Wild posted:

i dont hate him, he has the funniest meltdowns and there are only three people at the moment with more goldmined threads

Yeah but the mods keep banning him, which is incredibly lovely.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

corn in the bible posted:

Why do you people hate Spoony so much? It's more funny and creative than most SA people.
Agreed, he started a pretty good Photoshop thread.

:goku:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Leroy Dennui posted:

8-Bit Theater stands out as it was a sprite comic that was decently written and had a lot more effort put into its presentation (backgrounds, layouts, etc.) than anything else out there. It may not have the most original humor and nobody these days would probably laugh more than maybe a slight chuckle every 50 pages, but it's not really something that stands out to me as one of my "webcomic regrets".

Ms Paint Masterpieces really got its artistic poo poo together.

Then Ferret lost all his custom sprites and backgrounds in a computer crash, and since then he's been churning out one page every nine months.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 6, 2014

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Yeah but the mods keep banning him, which is incredibly lovely.

mods are lovely?!?! no way man

UniqueLikeMonique
May 19, 2014

thanks for the compliment. I'm still trying to make a webcomic but something less convoluted and pretentious and more based on my roots. Expect it sometime next year, I've still got a lot of planning to do since I don't want to jump it to haphazardly like last time.

mooncity
Feb 15, 2014

You're so wet Cyntia. I cannot possibly describe how wet you are.

thanks for the compliment. I'm still trying to make a webcomic but something less convoluted and pretentious and more based on my roots. Expect it sometime next year, I've still got a lot of planning to do since I don't want to jump it to haphazardly like last time.

Planning and medication. Both will serve you well, my friend.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Anything to shake up the corrupt status quo of webcomics.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

here's Kermit's favorite webcomic

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
I feel a kinship with Bromide. She loves Shredded Moose; I love Ariel Sharon. She makes a bad webcomic; I draw aside the peachy frills of my labia to expose my humble anus, freshly cleaned and sweet as a rosebud. She keeps getting probated indefinitely; I am naked, wet and ready for your love.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

here's Kermit's favorite webcomic

Why my dear Corn, they are ALL my favorite. :frogbon:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I generally am amicable towards Questionable Content, but Marten's date with Claire has got to be the most weirdly stilted writing of the whole comic. It's so forced and unnatural that I almost want to feel it's on purpose. Even at his most bland, Jeph has never written dialog this bad, yet somehow Marten comes across as a slightly deranged psychopath. In fact, his entire "courtship" of Claire is incredibly bizarre. It feels out of character, and I can't help but expect Marten to cut her open and wear her skin.

Otherwise the comic's pretty alright for lovely soap opera nonsense. I'm basically just in it to see who fucks who.

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

Get help

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I generally am amicable towards Questionable Content, but Marten's date with Claire has got to be the most weirdly stilted writing of the whole comic. It's so forced and unnatural that I almost want to feel it's on purpose. Even at his most bland, Jeph has never written dialog this bad, yet somehow Marten comes across as a slightly deranged psychopath. In fact, his entire "courtship" of Claire is incredibly bizarre. It feels out of character, and I can't help but expect Marten to cut her open and wear her skin.

Otherwise the comic's pretty alright for lovely soap opera nonsense. I'm basically just in it to see who fucks who.

No, the comic is mediocre poo poo.

CasualMaleXL
Oct 25, 2009

Big britches get bitches

Afraid of Audio posted:

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Afraid of Audio posted:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Get help

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wait why does BottledBodhisvata have a canned avatar now

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Moddington posted:

"Gag-a-day minus the gag" is LICD. (New) Sinfest is "long-form drama minus the drama".

Sinfest today is more like some kind of weird modern art. Strange and disturbing, but nice to look at for a while.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Wait why does BottledBodhisvata have a canned avatar now

A question I too would like an answer too. I miss Mysterio. :(

Afraid of Audio posted:

Sure but I don't think it, like, killed my dog or some poo poo like goons do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Sure but I don't think it, like, killed my dog or some poo poo like goons do.

My dog saw the QC archives and died of boredom.

• Locked thread