Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gavok posted:

New Delirious promo.

Rather than the calm and collected heel promos he used to give, this one's more rambly like his face promos. It's worth noting that the building he walks into at the end is featured in Ashes. It's the library where UltraMantis works his day job.

Didn't Delirious actually cut a promo around 2 years ago in which he said "In 2 years it will be the end of times for Ultramantis" or similar? Seems like another long-term plot booking by Quack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Germansimp posted:

Didn't Delirious actually cut a promo around 2 years ago in which he said "In 2 years it will be the end of times for Ultramantis" or similar? Seems like another long-term plot booking by Quack.

Yeah, back in 2012 just after Mantis used the Eye of Tyr to "clear his mind" of the brainwashing that the BDK did to him. Problem was, it also undid the brainwashing that Mantis himself had done first. Delirious' promo at the time-- one of his first coherent promos (albeit rambling and bizarre)-- basically said that since Mantis had taken two years from him (two years under the Eye's brainwashing power), he swore two years of vengeance on Mantis. At the end of the promo he declared, "2014 will be your end!"

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZowUKdjezIc

It's been signed.

December 6. Mantis vs Delirious.

Loser Leaves Chikara.

Mantis, no. :ohdear:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've never been this conflicted.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Jay 2K Winger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZowUKdjezIc

It's been signed.

December 6. Mantis vs Delirious.

Loser Leaves Chikara.

Mantis, no. :ohdear:

When you look at it, this feud's been going on since early 2006. Though I guess the writing is on the wall for this being a Loser Leaves match if you're keeping up on the indie thread.

I guess the Cibernetico match is going to be really brief, at least compared to the other ones. They still haven't announced anyone outside of the two captains and the show is in 8 days.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Haven't really been following since KoT, has anything significant happened besides Archie getting killed off in kayfabe?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Thauros posted:

Haven't really been following since KoT, has anything significant happened besides Archie getting killed off in kayfabe?

- Icarus successfully defended against Jimmy Jacobs. Deucalion was going to kill Jacobs, but Icarus speared him instead, being the first guy to hurt Deucalion in any way.

- In an 8-man tag, Frightmare pinned Shard. Deucalion was going to kill Frightmare, but 17 revealed he was a mole and saved Frightmare. Deucalion killed Shard instead. Afterwards, they found 17's discarded mask near the door.

- Pinkie Sanchez returned as a member of the BDK. They also kicked out Milo Schnitzler.

I guess that's pretty much it. Remington and Coronado have been feuding, but that's not all too significant.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gavok posted:

- Icarus successfully defended against Jimmy Jacobs. Deucalion was going to kill Jacobs, but Icarus speared him instead, being the first guy to hurt Deucalion in any way.

- In an 8-man tag, Frightmare pinned Shard. Deucalion was going to kill Frightmare, but 17 revealed he was a mole and saved Frightmare. Deucalion killed Shard instead. Afterwards, they found 17's discarded mask near the door.

- Pinkie Sanchez returned as a member of the BDK. They also kicked out Milo Schnitzler.

I guess that's pretty much it. Remington and Coronado have been feuding, but that's not all too significant.

During the promo at For Your Eyes Only, Jacobs was going on about how Icarus has been hurt since he won the belt, he's got a glass jaw, and he's gonna get steamrolled by Deucalion. What was up with that? Was that a factor in the Jacobs title defense?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

rotinaj posted:

During the promo at For Your Eyes Only, Jacobs was going on about how Icarus has been hurt since he won the belt, he's got a glass jaw, and he's gonna get steamrolled by Deucalion. What was up with that? Was that a factor in the Jacobs title defense?

At the season premiere, when he won the belt off Kingston, Icarus suffered a really bad concussion. Serious enough that you can tell he was completely out of it and he was off the shelf for like two months. Since then they've been playing it up that he's not 100% for the sake of babyface heat.

SirDippingSauce
Oct 25, 2012

We're here to interrogate Manly Dan the lumberjack for the murder of wax Stan.
Has anyone seen if rumored BDK shirt are up for sale at shows yet?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

They revealed that Icarus vs. Deucalion will be in a cage, the second time they've done that in Chikara history. As someone who was there for the first one, I'm guessing we won't be getting the intermission until very, very late in the show based on how long it takes to put that thing together.

So right now the card is:

- Cage Match: Icarus vs. Deucalion (non-title)

- Campeonatos de Parejas: Throwbacks vs. Devastation Corporation

- Loser Leaves Chikara: UltraMantis Black vs. Delirious

- Tourneo Cibernetico: Worker Ant and 7 Chikara guys vs. Jakob Hammermeier and 7 Flood guys

- Young Lions Cup Finals: Heidi Lovelace vs. Missile Assault Ant

- Eddie Kingston vs. Jimmy Jacobs

- Can Only Pin Via German Suplex: Ashley Remington vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado

I like that the Cibernetico match is usually THE selling point of a show, but here it's basically the WrestleMania battle royal dark match.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gavok posted:

- Can Only Pin Via German Suplex: Ashley Remington vs. Juan Francisco de Coronado

That sounds like a stipulation that should be applied to the next Cena vs Lesnar match.

Also will be very interesting to see who will win the Ultramantis vs Delirious match. Storyline-wise, the logical end would be for Delirious to 'end' Ultramantis, given all the years-long storyline aspects. But at the same time, since delirious is the head booker of ROH, it might be a good way to write him out of Chikara in case ROH gets more restrictive about his outside appearances.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I just remembered how a few years ago, when they started doing the Gekido storyline, people speculated that 17 was Chikara co-founder Reckless Youth because it made all kinds of sense. In the end, 17 wasn't meant to be anyone in particular and was mentioned offhand somewhere as just being a student of Skayde who hated Quack.

Considering 17 was presumably replaced with a Chikara mole at NPWD, I'm willing to bet that storywise, the current 17 really is Reckless Youth and he'll show up in the Cibernetico match.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Gavok posted:

I just remembered how a few years ago, when they started doing the Gekido storyline, people speculated that 17 was Chikara co-founder Reckless Youth because it made all kinds of sense. In the end, 17 wasn't meant to be anyone in particular and was mentioned offhand somewhere as just being a student of Skayde who hated Quack.

Considering 17 was presumably replaced with a Chikara mole at NPWD, I'm willing to bet that storywise, the current 17 really is Reckless Youth and he'll show up in the Cibernetico match.

Original 17 was very skinny, and current 17 seems pretty skinny too.

Reckless Youth is not skinny.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Original 17 was very skinny, and current 17 seems pretty skinny too.

Reckless Youth is not skinny.

I just mean it'll be him for that match with the claim that it was him all along even if it wasn't. Just like how when the BDK showed up to end Wrestling is Cool, the guy wearing Ares' mask was totally not Ares because no way was he traveling across the country for that poo poo.

I mean, how bad of shape is he right now?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Worker Ant just announced his team for the Cibernetico.

So it's The Colony, The Osirian Portal, The Batiri and Jervis Cottonbelly representing Chikara.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Doctor Goggles posted:

Worker Ant just announced his team for the Cibernetico.

So it's The Colony, The Osirian Portal, The Batiri and Jervis Cottonbelly representing Chikara.

You mean "The Colony, Heh!, The Osirian Poral, Heh!, The Batiri, Heh!, and Jervis Cottonbelly, Heh!, representing CHIKARA.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Capsaicin posted:

You mean "The Colony, Heh!, The Osirian Poral, Heh!, The Batiri, Heh!, and Jervis Cottonbelly, Heh!, representing CHIKARA.

Heh!

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
My guess for Team Flood is:

Jacob, Nokken, Pinkie Sanchez, Jaka, Oleg, Orbit Adventure Ant, Arctic Rescue Ant, and either Volgar or Soldier Ant as the final member.

It's kind of a disappointing line up though. Guess that sums up this entire season in one match though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I'd guess Jakob, Nokken, Pinkie, Grimsley, Qefka, Volgar, Oleg and Jaka. Soldier Ant wouldn't be in the match, but he'd have an effect on it.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Edit: Got someone

syzpid fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 5, 2014

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Flood Crew:

Jakob, Nokken, Flex, Jaka, Oleg, Grimsley, Volgar and Soldier Ant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1YddtVsm1w

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

So the finalized card--

Main Event Steel Cage Match
Icarus vs Deucalion

Cibernetico Royale
Chikara Squad (Worker Ant, Silver Ant, Fire Ant, Obariyon, Kodama, Amasis, Ophidian, Jervis Cottonbelly) vs Flood Squad (Jakob Hammermeier, Nokken, Flex Rumblecrunch, Oleg the Usurper, Jaka, Sir Oliver Grimsly, Volgar, Soldier Ant)

Loser Leaves Chikara
UltraMantis Black vs Delirious

Best of Three Falls Campeonatos de Parejas Match
The Throwbacks (Dasher Hatfield & Mr. Touchdown) defend vs The Devastation Corporation (Max Smashmaster & Blaster McMassive)

Grudge Match
Eddie Kingston vs Jimmy Jacobs

Match Can Only Be Won Via German Suplex
"Smooth Sailin'" Ashley Remington vs Juan Francisco de Coronado

Pre-show: Young Lions Cup XI Finals
Missile Assault Ant vs Heidi Lovelace

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I wrote up an in-depth look at the iPPV's card.

Surprisingly, I was able to sum up UltraMantis vs. Delirious in three paragraphs. Also, despite having feuded for about nine years, this will be only their second singles match.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gavok posted:

I wrote up an in-depth look at the iPPV's card.

Surprisingly, I was able to sum up UltraMantis vs. Delirious in three paragraphs. Also, despite having feuded for about nine years, this will be only their second singles match.

It's interesting that Delirious is able to make the show considering that he's ROH's booker and they're having their biggest show of the year at the same time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Thauros posted:

It's interesting that Delirious is able to make the show considering that he's ROH's booker and they're having their biggest show of the year at the same time.

That's the day after, though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Gavok posted:

That's the day after, though.

Huh. I'm so used to ROH's big cards being on Saturdays I just assumed Final Battle was tomorrow.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Great work, Gavok. Love the format/layout.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

rovert posted:

Great work, Gavok. Love the format/layout.

Thanks, man.

I've been watching the last two shows and got to see Deucalion's in-ring debut in the ten-man tag match. For a match he didn't win, they did a drat good job building him up. Rather than stand on the apron, he spends most of the match standing outside the ring, wrecking the poo poo out of any face he can get his hands on, two at a time if need be.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
How soon will SMV have a digital download up of the event? Old like to watch by streaming on my TV rather than my tiny laptop.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Yay Heidi. Hopefully we get some YLC defenses on Chikara shows proper.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

So I bought the iPPV, but it turns out I might not be able to watch it live. Will I have access to the archived version, and how soon after will it be available if so?

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

TotalHell posted:

So I bought the iPPV, but it turns out I might not be able to watch it live. Will I have access to the archived version, and how soon after will it be available if so?

SMOVOD's good on that poo poo, I still have access to Chikara iPPVs I bought two years ago.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Show was decent, hurt badly by having a cage match in the main event. For those who didn't watch it, they did the intermission prior to the main event, meaning you had to wait about 20 minutes to watch one last match between Icarus and a guy with little experience.

The post-show stinger was adorable.

Season 15 starts late January with Icarus vs. Chuck Taylor as the main event. Chuck Taylor has three points through a lot of loopholing around the rules. A match where he lost despite having a foot on the rope didn't count, allowing him to keep the one point he had going in. One win was from a dark match DVD extra. Then they don't count Rey de Voladores, which he lost. So he has wins over Jervis, Shynron and Remington.

As it is right now, the standings:

Champ: Icarus
3 points: Chuck Taylor, Eddie Kingston
2 points: Ophidian, Nokken
1 point: Hallowicked, Max Smashmaster, Blind Rage, Jaka, Silver Ant, Jervis Cottonbelly, Mark Andrews, Frightmare, UltraMantis

Tag champs: Devastation Corporation
2 points: Osirian Portal
1 point: Fire Ant/Silver Ant

Weird that Jimmy Jacobs got to sort of stand tall at the end of the show (despite losing). I figured he'd take a beating and leave for good due to the ROH situation.

Kid Cyclone is a handsome man.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Just got back from the show. It was my first chikara show (and we were late cause of traffic on 76 of course) and first wrestling show since a WWE house show which featured Hollywood Hulk still in the nWo.

Really loved the show, the Throwbacks/Devastation match was great. If you think Backabella's great on the DVD, in person he is even more incredible. Works the crowd really well. At one point he was arguing with fans over whether a count was 2 or 3, and it became a running theme through the rest of the match. Throwbacks are as great in person as on video, and Dev Corp is really impressive.

The place just going nuts for Ultramantis is something to behold. Was so worried Mantis was going to lose after the Ref Bump. Barber played dead for the rest of the match and then had to be helped back to the locker room.

Apparently I was sitting in front of some guys who knew the guy that plays Jervis, because they went absolutely nuts for him as soon as he came out, and they started just about every Jervis chant. My favorite moment was someone yelling "Sweet rear end Jervis (his pants say SweetMan on the back) and him giving the crowd an "oh my" look and adjusting his pants. As soon as he got eliminated one of them said "let's go talk to him" and they all disappeared.

All the ant spots in the Cibernetico were great. Nokken is an absolute beast in person. I tried to get pics of him next to Flex Rumblecrunch (who isn't small) and Nokken was a half head over him. Rumblecrunch seems to be coming along pretty well too, considering he barely did anything at Trios. Oleg is another big impressive guy too, really wide and tall build.

The intermission dragged on forever, and the cage looked really, really flimsy. I could have sworn they were preparing for a spot with Deucalion putting Icarus through the cage, because it seemed like Icarus/Deuc/Bryce were checking that the cage was still holding on.

Main Event was fun, but it was in general a slow, plodding affair in comparison to the rest of the matches. It worked because Deuc is green and huge so that's what they were going for. Plus the big spots and the ending were definitely worth it.

I can't recommend seeing a Chikara show in person enough! Had a fun time, and the two guys I was with only had a vague idea about Chikara (the one was upset that it wasn't face Delirious) and they both got into things.

Edit: That reminds me, there were two guys in front of me with signs, and one of them said something about Lasagna. They also kept yelling about Lasagna during the early matches. I was utterly confused.

syzpid fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Dec 7, 2014

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I got Chuck Taylor to sign my picture of Bryce. He was confused about why I didn't get Bryce to sign it.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Any clue when the live show will be up as VOD? I switched from it to UFC after UMB v Delirious.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Any clue when the live show will be up as VOD? I switched from it to UFC after UMB v Delirious.

Already up i believe

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Can anyone tell me what the stinger thingy was post-event? I was there live and missed whatever was streamed after the finish :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Nothing better than getting a text off a friend asking if I can come to Chikara in London next April (I can't really), doing some googling and finding out one of the 3 stops they're doing out of the U.S. is my hometown, Cardiff. Get in! Missed going to any of the big indies in Wrestlemania 29 weekend so this will atone for my sins.

• Locked thread