Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TF2 needs a pink slip mode, kill a dude and he drops his hat, you can pick it up and keep it.

"You think you're good? Put on your max hat and fight me then." :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dominate someone and you get a chance to duel for his hat

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Post your best hit sounds. May I request ones that are actually good not gimmicks. I have heard people use the quake and the reflex hit sounds which are nice.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I use that cowbell hitsound (I think it's called UTcomp?) because when I use the Direct Hit or Loch N Load it sounds like my opponents go pop when I hit them. :3:

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

If you aren't using the Smoke Weed Everyday hitsound you're playing the game wrong.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

BurritoJustice posted:

If you aren't using the Smoke Weed Everyday hitsound you're playing the game wrong.

Haven't used a different hitsound in the past two years.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

BurritoJustice posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnRcX3gHXWY&t=17s

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jippa posted:

Post your best hit sounds. May I request ones that are actually good not gimmicks. I have heard people use the quake and the reflex hit sounds which are nice.

I use "Nice Bell" from dingalings.
http://tf2dingalings.com/sound/details/211

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

You're gonna have to try a little harder than THAT.
If you want classic, then Quake 3. If you want next level gaming, then take your pick.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
All good stuff.

Any one notice the ancient cp_well sound bug is now on other maps? Like you hear the sir con or what ever it is really loudly and have to type snd_restart?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Jippa posted:

I use the ring capture sound from Sonic. It works great with dingaling settings, just long enough to make a crit feel awesome without feeling painful.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

I've never played a Quake game, but I use the Quake 3 hitsound. It's really clear feedback, and scales well with pitchscaling -- not as annoying for rapidfire weapons, and you can still tell what's happening when you get a crit.

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
I'm just using the default since they changed how custom ones worked. I used to use the PC speaker beep from shooting an enemy in ZZT.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Oh are we posting these again? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZsNFMI9QjI

wav files here if you want to join in on the halo fun:

http://xzzy.org/files/bungie/halo/wort.wav
http://xzzy.org/files/bungie/halo/wort1.wav

(halo had two versions)

xzzy fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Dec 5, 2014

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...
The Steam Update News pop-up for Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris shows both the Heavy and Sniper wearing the Jungle Booty again. I wonder if Sniper got his booty back or if Valve/Square is just being lazy?

Just bring back the booty! :v:

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...
I stand firmly by my Finding Nemo seagull hit sound. Pairs best with pyro or heavy, bonus if it's MVM.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I would think it would best fit MvM Scout.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

ESEA Season 17 LAN Finals are this weekend!

After ETF2L finals last Sunday, we're hopping over the pond now to see the top 4 North American 6s teams duke it out over the weekend at LAN for their share of a $16,880 prize pot.

First matches are scheduled for 10:00 CST on Saturday morning, with a full double elimination bracket being played throughout the day, leaving the grand final for Sunday.

Brackets are up here and it'll be streamed on ESEA Orange. Hope to see some of you tuning in!

Zero! fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 5, 2014

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

bowmore posted:

Dominate someone and you get a chance to duel for his hat

Tf2 hat duel quick time events.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Rock Paper Scissors taunt: now with hat gambling.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

Zero! posted:

If you want classic, then Quake 3. If you want next level gaming, then take your pick.

Thanks, I just opened that second one and woke up half the street.

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I'm getting some weird sound problems with my headphones. The gamesounds will come out of them just fine, but the instant I join a Steam voice chat, the gamesounds start coming out of the speakers instead. I've tried everything from messing around with in-game sound settings and disabling the speakers (which just results in me hearing nothing but the voicechat), and I'm not sure what else to try. :( It's not just these specific headphones either, it seems to do it with every one I've tried.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

We're going live soon for game 1 of LAN on ESEA Orange!

Edit: Wow they've actually got the team skins working on the stream too, that's cool.

Edit2: We're live!

Zero! fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Dec 6, 2014

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Been enjoying the mode where both trains have to get to the point (High tower map I think). Although I hate demomen with those annoying zone in meelee weapons. Do they auto-target somehow, it's a guaranteed death for me if I see one with a sword out. CHEAP rear end FOOLS

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

Zero! posted:

We're going live soon for game 1 of LAN on ESEA Orange!

Edit: Wow they've actually got the team skins working on the stream too, that's cool.

Edit2: We're live!

I was going to say, those promo uniforms looked kinda cool and it'd be neat to see them in-game. I didn't think they'd actually find a way to make that happen very easily for matches.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

simosimo posted:

Been enjoying the mode where both trains have to get to the point (High tower map I think). Although I hate demomen with those annoying zone in meelee weapons. Do they auto-target somehow, it's a guaranteed death for me if I see one with a sword out. CHEAP rear end FOOLS

The swords have a much larger range than most melee weapons. Combine that with TF2's wonky melee detection and it will certainly seem like they auto-target.

Edit: I glanced through the wiki but couldn't find anything definite about the range. I remember seeing something like 70% larger, but that could be way off. Does anyone know?

Solumin fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Dec 6, 2014

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

The wiki says the Disciplinary Action has a 70% longer range, which is "slightly more than the Eyelander."

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I think it goes Persian Persuader->Claytor (not even trying) Moor -> Eyelander ->Disciplinary Action. The Half Zaotachi (still not trying) doesn't get a range bonus.

simosimo posted:

Hell yeah, I didn't want to say because jaded rear end oldies shouldn't tell newbies what's fun, but 2fort and even the whole CTF gametype are widely considered bad; 2fort is incredibly primitive (it's a port of a 20 year old map iirc), there are much more fun maps, and Hightower is probably the best "mess around" map; loads of healthpacks and vertical gameplay. Try Payload maps, specifically Badwater and Upward, they're also considered some of the best/most fun maps.

All of the shields allows you to turn a little during the charge, there's a weapon that enhancing turning speed and one particular shield allows perfect turning control; they aren't auto-targeting you, they're piloting it into your face. Protip: anything that knocks back will screw up the charge; a Pyro airblast will completely stop it and an explosive at their feet will pop them up and make them unable to close the distance. During about the last quarter of the charge they get a free melee crit: don't let them do that! This charge is on a timer (that a few items can recharge quicker) so if you can screw it up they're stuck waddling over to you: dead in the water.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Wait, the DA has an even longer range than the Eyelander? :psyduck:

This was news to me.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Saoshyant posted:

Wait, the DA has an even longer range than the Eyelander? :psyduck:

This was news to me.

Yeah, friendly fire hitboxes don't get lag compensation so they often don't make any sense; you can see this if you use the DA a lot: sometimes it just decides to not hit. To compensate for this it's got the crazy range.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

2fort is great for loving around. gently caress the haters.

Because of the way its setup one person can make a big difference. This is good especially if your team sux.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

CoolCab posted:

During about the last quarter of the charge they get a free melee crit: don't let them do that!

Also, if they slam right into you and swing immediately they get a free crit. If you ever wonder why a guy charges two feet and your head flies off, that's why.

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

The b4nny vs Platinum grudge match is next, Froyotech vs Classic Mixup live at LAN in about 20 minutes from now.

fujifisher
Sep 3, 2006

Hi there!

Really excited for this! Going to be interesting to see Platinum and b4nny Soldier v. Scout rather than Demo v. Demo.

Does the winner of this go on to play eLevate tomorrow, then?

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

Winner of this match plays Elevate later today in the upper bracket final. Winner of that match gets a ticket to the grand final tomorrow.

There are two lower bracket games to decide who gets to have a second chance at the championship too, since this is double elimination.

Full bracket is here, it should be updated as the LAN continues.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Anyone else have 10 EOTL crates now? These things are dropping like rain, sometimes two at a time.

Release the fuken keys already.

Are they trying to make up for the lackluster sales at Helloween?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

CoolCab posted:

I think it goes Persian Persuader->Claytor (not even trying) Moor -> Eyelander ->Disciplinary Action. The Half Zaotachi (still not trying) doesn't get a range bonus.

Hell yeah, I didn't want to say because jaded rear end oldies shouldn't tell newbies what's fun, but 2fort and even the whole CTF gametype are widely considered bad; 2fort is incredibly primitive (it's a port of a 20 year old map iirc), there are much more fun maps, and Hightower is probably the best "mess around" map; loads of healthpacks and vertical gameplay. Try Payload maps, specifically Badwater and Upward, they're also considered some of the best/most fun maps.

All of the shields allows you to turn a little during the charge, there's a weapon that enhancing turning speed and one particular shield allows perfect turning control; they aren't auto-targeting you, they're piloting it into your face. Protip: anything that knocks back will screw up the charge; a Pyro airblast will completely stop it and an explosive at their feet will pop them up and make them unable to close the distance. During about the last quarter of the charge they get a free melee crit: don't let them do that! This charge is on a timer (that a few items can recharge quicker) so if you can screw it up they're stuck waddling over to you: dead in the water.

Unless they have the Tide Turner and you pop them up early, only for them to surf the explosion right back into you :yayclod:

Zero!
Apr 13, 2011

Server's up for Froyotech vs Classic Mixup now, we'll be going live shortly.

The custom teams skins for these teams are loving excellent too.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Zero! posted:

Server's up for Froyotech vs Classic Mixup now, we'll be going live shortly.

The custom teams skins for these teams are loving excellent too.

They're already 4 rounds in :stare: tied 2-2, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

JB50 posted:

2fort is great for loving around. gently caress the haters.

There are much better maps for loving around. Even most ctf maps are better. The popularity of 2fort is mainly that 1. it's old and people are used to it, and 2. it's easy to play when you're feeling lazy. Just walk out of spawn, walk two yards onto the balcony and you can shoot at stuff. Then just walk two steps back into spawn to get health back or change class.

• Locked thread