Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I picked the Pelicans first as my 10 day and currently finishing up the year(moved them from out of the playoffs to the 3rd seed), Davis is a beast off the pick and pop action, and Tyreke is a decent cutter/finisher(his rear end just never gets the ball unless he is already moving towards the hoop as he can't hit from 15+ worth a drat. Gordon is a decent 3 shooter(gets his poo poo blocked a bunch tho because his release is stupid). I really really wish I had some control over the team and strategies used on the court. As I would get Asik out, move Davis to the 5 and find a stretch 4 and run a 4 out 1 in offense but :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

I'm also on the Pelicans, mostly to play with Davis. He got injured a few games in and was ruled out the remainder of the season (with a loving concussion?), so now I'm playing the Thunder in the first round, having dragged us into the playoffs on like a 30+ game win-streak.

Playing with Davis actually kind of sucks, because you also have to play with the rest of the Pelicans.

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
I hate it when Doc Rivers screams at you for having "too many turnovers" (had 3) when you also had 9 steals and 16 assists. :suicide:

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

Honj Steak posted:

I hate it when Doc Rivers screams at you for having "too many turnovers" (had 3) when you also had 9 steals and 16 assists. :suicide:

:lol:

I got that when getting pulled with less than 30 seconds left in the game (up by 25+, on my 40/10+/10+) after getting my 3rd & 4th TOs in the last two minutes of the game. Yep I'm really hurting the team with those turnovers at this point :confused:

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
Playing MyCareer as a SG. I signed with Phoenix for 3 years after the 10 day contract. We were a .500 team for most of the year, but then had a great run after the all-star break.

Dragic had a great season and was deadly from three point land. Between the two of us, we carried the team. Markieff Morris and Plumlee did their best to sabotage things by missing heaps of easy interior buckets and allowing the opposing bigs to grab as many offensive rebounds as they wanted. We ended up finishing the season as the 5th seed.

In the first round of the playoffs, we beat the Clippers in 6 games. Jamal Crawford was their best player by far and could not miss anything regardless of if he had someone all over him. To get the victories, I had to go into full hero ball mode as my teammates suddenly couldn't make wide open shots. Had two games where I scored 50 and had 2 assists. Complete turn around from the regular season where I played within the team system and only averaged 20 points.

Second round we got eliminated by OKC in 6 games. Durant only had one off game and was on fire for all the others. Again, my teammates were utterly useless, so I tried hero ball but it wasn't enough.

Not sure what I'll do after this offseason. Most likely I'll request a trade to a team with genuine superstars who I can rely on. I don't want to have to play unrealistic arcade hero ball to win a championship and I'm over Phoenix. Maybe OKC if they'll take me.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Honj Steak posted:

It's the assistant for me. Yeah, I had 18 ASTs when he ripped me for my 3 TOs. I'm amuzed when he says "nice job shutting him down" because I have literally no idea how the guy I'm guarding's doing unless I get a pop up with his stats. Even though I have 20 bricks in D I spend the game trolling for blocks and steals, which usually allows a bunch of points for him unless I get a bunch of blocks from behind.

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?
Well that was unexpected: MyPlayer cutscene where I just start talking a ton of poo poo to Paul George before our game against the Pacers. I'm about to drop 50 on this motherfucka. Certainly a step up from my previous rival, Dante Exum :effort:

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I've been twitter fighting with Hansbrough all season and I'm waiting for that to pay off somehow

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

IMB posted:

I've been twitter fighting with Hansbrough all season and I'm waiting for that to pay off somehow

If he throws an elbow and knocks you out for two weeks with a concussion this cements GOTY.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

If he throws an elbow and knocks you out for two weeks with a concussion this cements GOTY.

Well, we did add flagrant fouls in 2k15, so

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
I was playing in year two of my MyCareer last night and the game literally skipped the entire second quarter.

I was subbed out at like the beginning of the second quarter, and next thing I know, it's the halftime coach pep talk cutscene. I was pissed at first, then realized when the third quarter started that the score was still 30-23. Checked the boxscore and sure enough, outside of the one basket we scored in the quarter's first possession, nothing happened.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

The Glumslinger posted:

Well, we did add flagrant fouls in 2k15, so

They happen so rarely that I've only had the flagrant foul cutscene trigger in one save game out of the half dozen or so that I've put any time into, though.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Patch is apparently out on ps4, coming soon to PC and Xbone. Soooo many good bug fixes holy poo poo.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/nba-2k/nba-2k15-patch-3-notes/10152471997987267

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

hopterque posted:

Patch is apparently out on ps4, coming soon to PC and Xbone. Soooo many good bug fixes holy poo poo.

Very happy with the sounds of this patch, still looks to be missing the issue of the AI constantly making backcourt passes when you inbound & the after camera cuts never saving though.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

hopterque posted:

Wow, that's a pretty massive patch.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
A few things from the patch that you guys will probably like:

quote:

-Several improvements made to defensive movement to make it more responsive.
-Re-worked the shot fatigue system to take more factors into account to better simulate real life.
-Improved shot awareness and raised shot percentages for teammates in MyCareer to make them more effective.
-MyTEAM users who quit out of the game as soon as the clock hits 0, but before the game flow officially ends, will now receive their earned MyTEAM points.

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

- Reduced the frequency of moving screen violations.

Thank goodness!

I didn't see anything about fixing Chris Pauls 10 TO a game with alley-oops though

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I just tried out a game on All Star with twelve minute quarters and the default simulation settings. The AI doesn't grab scads of offensive rebounds for easy putbacks anymore, which is especially nice since the defense around the rim feels much more responsive. It's also much, much easier to get to the line; I got into the bonus and everything. Speaking of, adding the shot meter to free throw attempts is a very nice quality of life improvement that should have always been there. Didn't have a single moving screen called in a 48 minute game. It's a really fantastic patch.

Boredumb posted:

- Reduced the frequency of moving screen violations.

Thank goodness!

I didn't see anything about fixing Chris Pauls 10 TO a game with alley-oops though

Take this with a grain of salt since I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes either, but I successfully threw three or four alley oops while missing only one in that last game. Before that I never really tried them because even with Rondo they were an almost guaranteed turnover.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Ughhhhh I want to play but it's not out on PC yet.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
- Fixed an issue where the commentator would occasionally reference an on-screen overlay when one was not being displayed.

Does this mean they will shot overlays or do the announcers just not talk about them anymore?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Lockback posted:

- Fixed an issue where the commentator would occasionally reference an on-screen overlay when one was not being displayed.

Does this mean they will shot overlays or do the announcers just not talk about them anymore?

The former. Of course they take up at least a third of the left side of the screen and don't recenter the camera. It trades an unskippable scene of everyone standing around with an unskippable scene focused on someone's shoulder with a giant irrelevant stat overlay.

e: Well that looks better than what I saw.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lockback posted:

The league leaders overlay now shows up properly

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?
Holy poo poo that is quite a patch!

In addition to the ones already pointed out, here are some of the ones I was happy to see:

quote:

- Fixed 3PT line recognition for jump shooters to prevent them from stepping over the line when attempting 3PT shots.
- Pass speeds have been increased to reduce "floaty" passes.

- Made passers more aware of defenders behind them when selecting pass animations.
- Corrected a case where block inputs were being dropped near the basket.
- Fixed several cases of rebounding goaltends being called too frequently.
- Improved Points of Emphasis logic for late game situations.

- Changed the default setting for Defensive Assist online to 50 to help with on-ball defense.

Curious about this one:

- Several improvements made to the Teammate Grade evaluation.

Any details available? Or will it be pretty obvious? I've usually secured an A+ by halftime anyway but still...

thompson
Jun 6, 2006

the wildest turkey posted:

- Several improvements made to the Teammate Grade evaluation.

Any details available? Or will it be pretty obvious? I've usually secured an A+ by halftime anyway but still...

I think this might have to do with the park. I follow that Ronnie 2k guy on twitter and he went out of his way to post a picture of his myplayer in the park with an A+ rating. I don't think i've ever achieved that and I've played some 70 mypark games.

hot salad
Jun 25, 2005

Did you just say
the word 'scoff'?

thompson posted:

I think this might have to do with the park. I follow that Ronnie 2k guy on twitter and he went out of his way to post a picture of his myplayer in the park with an A+ rating. I don't think i've ever achieved that and I've played some 70 mypark games.

That would be even better...because yeah that poo poo is/was impossible.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Only played one game, but the things that stood out...

Pick and roll as the ball handler seems a lot different. The three other people in the play move differently and it isn't as effective, although it doesn't seem like it's broken or anything, I'll just have to do things differently.

We scored way more than usual. I play 10 minute quarters and the games usually end up with the winning team scoring 90-105 points. Today we scored 120 and shot 53%, so it wasn't like we were at some ludicrous %. I think the CPU shoots faster. It seemed 75% of the time before that they'd shoot with less than 3 seconds left in the 24, but not as much today.

They actually passed it back out after an offensive rebound. As a guard, if a shot goes up for us, I just run back on D because any offensive rebound will go right back up. This time they passed it, whoa.

Other quick things, the overlays do show up, shots from the baseline still hit the side of the backboard when they're off, and my Myplayer substitution pattern was different.

thompson
Jun 6, 2006
Played 2 games and some park last night. The patch took almost an hour to download. It's huge!

The game runs much more smoothly now. The one glaring thing I noticed was my increased defensive efficiency. I've always been one to continually press on and off the LT to keep myself behind the defender. That didn't seem to work...until this patch. I was tearing up the park last night with a few 3 steal 3 block games and the game is much more fun now that i can d up. As for offense, I saw a change in the amount of shots the comp was making as well as how the teams ran the offense. A lot of stuff seems to be improved on this. It's now an even better game.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fouls are up too. The patch notes said they would be, I actually had to be careful about fouling out. It happened more on contesting shots than reach-ins. I reflexively jump at any shot, even if I have no chance to block it, but will have to adjust that. On the other hand, I went to the line a ton at the other end.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Was there an ETA on when we should expect the xb1/pc patches?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Ishin posted:

Was there an ETA on when we should expect the xb1/pc patches?

nah only "soon" unfortunately.

I want this patch. :ohdear:

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Playing for the Suns is the best now. Gerald Green oops and 3s all day. We just took the Spurs in 5 games :smugdog:

I love this game

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Duggler posted:

Playing for the Suns is the best now. Gerald Green oops and 3s all day. We just took the Spurs in 5 games :smugdog:

I love this game

I find Isaiah Thomas is a terror on O for the Suns as well. I just set a screen for him and he's off to the races.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Dragic is loving broken. I just played a dude online who just ran the ball through him every possession and I couldn't do poo poo. Didn't matter if he was double-teamed, smothered by a longer defender, bothered by a small guy. Guy just kept pulling up from all over the floor and draining everything. loving infuriating

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I played MyCareer for the first time in like a month last night and it was a lot of fun, but do you ever get the ability to ask your GM for particular players or to trade away teammates?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I just got loving Lebron in myteam from a domination reward (from the all star team). I guess this is 2K's way of apologizing for not having the patch out yet?

e: And the patch is out now, woo! Rejoice!

hopterque fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 10, 2014

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice
Patch just started downloading for me on the PC. 4GB large.

What time can be more perfect to figure out the new AI behavior then in the middle of the playoffs in MyCareer? This will be fun.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Well the patch didn't fix loading into an empty MyPark server every time.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

hopterque posted:

I just got loving Lebron in myteam from a domination reward (from the all star team).

Ahahahah I just got Durant too. What the gently caress. Lebron and KD back to back.

HiredGun
Sep 3, 2004

Obesity loves company
Is anyone a decent way through a myGM career? How are you finding it? I've never played a "management" mode with bball and was wondering if it was worth sinking some time into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

HiredGun posted:

Is anyone a decent way through a myGM career? How are you finding it? I've never played a "management" mode with bball and was wondering if it was worth sinking some time into.

My favorite mode is GM with fantasy draft. The GM mode is cool, though not incredibly engaging. The "relationship" with the owner and other GMs is interesting but in the end it's pretty meaningless. And some of the things you can buy with VC is sorta game breaking (like you can spend VC to get a GM to accept a trade that's somewhat in your favor).

Trade logic, injuries, how other teams build their roster is way better this year.

• Locked thread