Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Holy gently caress, Brimstone and Tammy's Head is insane.

Walk into a room, trigger it, everything is dead. Killed Satan nearly instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Ddraig posted:

Walk into a room, trigger it, everything is dead. Killed Satan nearly instantly.

For a real good time, try adding homing tears. Homing with Brimstone in general is one of my favorite things.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Your Computer posted:

:psyduck: That wouldn't explain it, since f.lux changes your monitor settings and doesn't change the actual pixels in memory. Since a screenshot is essentially just a memory dump, I literally have no idea how he managed to get that sepia tint.

It's been in tons of other folks' screenshots too. Really bizarre.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I never thought I'd do it, but I finally beat Isaac with ???. Shout outs to my bro Dark Bum, Quad Shot, Lump of Coal and Brimstone. Goes to show that OP load-outs can carry you anywhere.

Mad Jaqk
Jun 2, 2013

Doctor Goat posted:

If you're careful, you can use the red poop to win the fight. A lot of the other bosses interact with it and take damage. :v:

"Be more careful" is just generally good advice for this game, but if I could do that I wouldn't need help.

I managed to get ??? and Lamb kills with The Lost by abusing the Alt+F4 glitch, but the Boss Rush is so long I don't see that working. Now I'm just hoping for Brimstone or Mom's Knife or something else OP.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
So today I was playing as Azezal and I got a room that is inescapable once you get near it.

quit and reloaded, and it did the same thing where I got sucked in. :(

E: TABLES!!

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Ddraig posted:

Tammy's head gives the tears it fires a rather hefty multiplier, but some things seem to get a bigger multiplier than others. Or I guess it's just stacking multipliers if you get something that also has a multiplier (scythes/brimstone). I had Tammy's Head with Death Scythes that killed Isaac and everything before, and did about 90% damage to ???. But another run with Proptosis (the short ranged mega tears) + Tammy's Head and a decent amount of damage-ups and I couldn't get past about 1/2 of It Lives at point blank range.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Your Computer posted:

:psyduck: That wouldn't explain it, since f.lux changes your monitor settings and doesn't change the actual pixels in memory. Since a screenshot is essentially just a memory dump, I literally have no idea how he managed to get that sepia tint.

And yet that is the answer. With f.lux on, the screen shots come out with that sepia tint on them.

With f.lux on:

Without:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How does the D4 work? Do I need to already have an angel room item to eventually reroll into Godhead, or does it draw from all pools? I'm giving up on angel rooms when I can have a fun D4 run.

e: well, I found the D100 instead, but question stands!

e2: after "extensive testing" - read, a bunch of rerolls - yeah, you have to have an angel room item to reroll into other angel room items. I never saw Trinity Shield, Godhead, Sacred Heart, or Guardian Angel, that's enough proof for me!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Dec 6, 2014

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Giant shielded tears makes giant bugs.
Infestation + infestation 2 + guppy's head + hive mind is ridiculous. Unfortunately I did't become guppy for maximum madness.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
So I still can't get angel rooms. Got to depths 2 two runs in a row without taking a single devil deal. Not like I need dad's key or anything.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Mad Jaqk posted:

"Be more careful" is just generally good advice for this game, but if I could do that I wouldn't need help.

I managed to get ??? and Lamb kills with The Lost by abusing the Alt+F4 glitch, but the Boss Rush is so long I don't see that working. Now I'm just hoping for Brimstone or Mom's Knife or something else OP.

Yeah, I was just sayin', the red poop can theoretically be a good thing.

I'm hosed right now on Blue Baby because the game hates me and I can't do any shenanigans like Infinite Health Lost with blue baby.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Tammy's head gives the tears it fires a rather hefty multiplier, but some things seem to get a bigger multiplier than others. Or I guess it's just stacking multipliers if you get something that also has a multiplier (scythes/brimstone). I had Tammy's Head with Death Scythes that killed Isaac and everything before, and did about 90% damage to ???. But another run with Proptosis (the short ranged mega tears) + Tammy's Head and a decent amount of damage-ups and I couldn't get past about 1/2 of It Lives at point blank range.

Tammy's head can carry you through Head Trauma challenge, so if you find it during that annoying challenge you'll probably succeed.

Rashomon
Jun 21, 2006

This machine kills fascists
I really wish I could have picked up a screen shot of this, but I grabbed it too fast: 99 coins, holding two 2 of Diamonds cards, with the Dollar sitting on the ground. (I was holding move into a slot machine in the Cathedral and it blew up on like the third pull). I fully picked up not one, not two, but THREE Steam Sales in this run. (One bought, one from a Super Greed room, one from a Greed in the Cathedral) I'm rich!

In this run I also would have stacked probably 100+ Soul Hearts if they still went off screen. Thanks, Little Chub + Dark Bum + Contract From Below + three Heart secret rooms + aforementioned huge cash + a huge payload that means I don't really get hit!

Still can't find Raw Liver though.

Cobalt60
Jun 1, 2006
People seem excited for becoming Guppy, but ... what does it add, other than flight?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Cobalt60 posted:

People seem excited for becoming Guppy, but ... what does it add, other than flight?

When you hit something with a tear, it spawns a blue attack fly like you sometimes get from red chests. It's easy to build up a giant ring of flies that reach out and annihilate anything that gets near you, and it just amplifies your damage in general.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
Yeah, being guppy gives you a really high chance version of the mulligan effect.

And blue flies have a 2x tear damage multiplier.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

The Lord of Hats posted:

When you hit something with a tear, it spawns a blue attack fly like you sometimes get from red chests. It's easy to build up a giant ring of flies that reach out and annihilate anything that gets near you, and it just amplifies your damage in general.

I had an amazing Guppy Azazel run going and unfortunately picked up Mom's Knife. Went from having all the flies to none. Then proceeded to lose to Isaac :negative:

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Yep. It's especially good for making a run that already has Brimstone or Mom's Knife (edit: to some extent--not as good as Brimstone, but still good!) into a run that's just completely bonkers, because those two hit enemies like a hundred times each per shot, but even without that it's quite a nice damage boost (+flight of course, which is also good) that you can pick up with surprising regularity in exchange for not really major costs.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

It's flight and a huge damage boost. If it were an item it would be one of the best in the game.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

TheModernAmerican posted:

So I still can't get angel rooms. Got to depths 2 two runs in a row without taking a single devil deal. Not like I need dad's key or anything.

To improve your chances, don't even go into the devil room when you see it.

I'm sure there's unseen stuff that impacts faith/sin. Try giving to a beggar or giving blood. Though these likely won't affect the current floor; I think devil vs angel is locked in at the floor's start.

Stoomie
Sep 16, 2008
I just started a run as Eve on hard mode, to finish off my Polaroid unlock, and walked into a curse room off the starting room and ended up with an instant Guppy before I even saw an enemy. The rest of the run was just absurdly overpowered, thought I'd share the seed in case anybody was interested:

AMG1 FC6J

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

IMJack posted:

I'm sure there's unseen stuff that impacts faith/sin. Try giving to a beggar or giving blood. Though these likely won't affect the current floor; I think devil vs angel is locked in at the floor's start.

Iirc, it doesn't matter if you enter it or not, just if you take any devil deals from it.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Gonna stream some more I guess, here: steam://url/SteamIDPage/76561198030087759
(or here if you don't want to be in the steamapp)

"Watch game" should be on the right.

currently Epic Fetus run... yum

Ruggan fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 6, 2014

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Okay so Epic Fetus clearly scales with damage which is just ridiculous. Epic Fetus + Proptosis + a few damage items = 1 hit kill on all bosses.

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

So today I was playing as Azezal and I got a room that is inescapable once you get near it.

It may have been because I could have had a higher speed stat but I was able to get out of this room after being sucked in the middle as Azazel. You have to orbit the thing a few times to build momentum to break free, you may have to swing through the center back and forth to get the speed to break away.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
The one time I got epic fetus I was oneshotting everything with it by the end of the game. Even ??? died to a single missile. Its absurd.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

How does the D4 work? Do I need to already have an angel room item to eventually reroll into Godhead, or does it draw from all pools? I'm giving up on angel rooms when I can have a fun D4 run.

e: well, I found the D100 instead, but question stands!

e2: after "extensive testing" - read, a bunch of rerolls - yeah, you have to have an angel room item to reroll into other angel room items. I never saw Trinity Shield, Godhead, Sacred Heart, or Guardian Angel, that's enough proof for me!

Keep in mind that an angel room can always give you at least one item, since you can reroll the key!

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop
Finding Epic Fetus is usually a game winner I've found. Unless you have high luck and Loki's Horns/Mom's Eye, then its very easy to kill yourself without Pyromaniac.

+ Mutant spider takes it from sick to just absurd though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Almost had a pretty good blue baby run ruined by that piece of poo poo Tiny Planet. :argh: The only damage up I'd found in the run was Death's Touch but luckily I'd had Krampus' Head and the Habit already so I could still kill bosses, and Gimpy+Dark Bum kept me healthy. It was still close though, I went in completely the wrong direction in the Dark room and only had one soul heart left when I killed the Lamb. gently caress the twin Cage room and especially gently caress the four Dark One room I suffered through to get there.

Something odd though, when fighting Satan his third phase never happened. The fight ended after stage two. What was that about?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

Something odd though, when fighting Satan his third phase never happened. The fight ended after stage two. What was that about?

If you kill Satan's first form hard enough it skips the second form. He transforms when his health gets to a low point, but if you do enough to jump that point at get him to zero it skips it. You get the same result if you hit him with a Chaos Card.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Well that can't be it because I've oneshot him in the past and still had to fight phase three, but this time it was a battle of attrition that he couldn't win due to my pretty flies/meat cube. It took a while to kill him.

edit: though maybe if it's just not taking any damage, I dunno that I've done that against Satan before.

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Dec 6, 2014

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Are they still doing that suggest a feature? I really want to ask them to put in a Bob transformation even if it doesn't do anything.

bat duck
Jul 23, 2001

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

drop a bomb in the middle and try to squeeze out

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Wow I just lost my streak to Fistula of all things. Turns out dodging him is kind of hard when you get a bullshit room layout filled with rocks all over the place.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Ok so I've been grinding Isaac runs to get Dad's Key and have failed over and over (to the point of resetting a sacred heart run) but I pick Judas because I haven't cleared the dark room with him and accidentally get both key pieces without planning for it at all. And it was after I took demon baby on the 2nd floor deal. :psyduck:

e: Is this the polaroid or the negative?

MatildaTheHun fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Dec 6, 2014

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle

IMJack posted:

Terrible, untrue advice. You can go in and get free sin hearts or red chests which don't affect angel room chance. This is all negative and dumb.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

TheModernAmerican posted:

Ok so I've been grinding Isaac runs to get Dad's Key and have failed over and over (to the point of resetting a sacred heart run) but I pick Judas because I haven't cleared the dark room with him and accidentally get both key pieces without planning for it at all. And it was after I took demon baby on the 2nd floor deal. :psyduck:

e: Is this the polaroid or the negative?

negative.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

senae posted:

Keep in mind that an angel room can always give you at least one item, since you can reroll the key!
Oh, I know. I had a four-total-item run not give it to me, and a lot of D100ing doesn't give it... honestly I don't know how rerolling yourself works but I do know it hasn't given me Godhead yet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Okay, so how are people getting through the game with The Lost? The farthest I've managed to get with him is the first floor of the Caves. It really doesn't help that there's just some rooms where it's near impossible to avoid taking damage.