Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm gonna start calling Skye Daisy exclusively from now on. That's bound to piss someone off.

What's the point, we already know Skye is a Mary Sue :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Doctor Butts posted:

What's the point, we already know Skye is a Mary Sue :smug:

THAT'S NOT HER NAME!

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Mary Suad'dib.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Phylodox posted:

Mary Suad'dib.

Something Awful is a flat circle.

poo poo, sorry, wrong TVIV thread.

EDIT: I think Agent Sueper is the more culturally relevant nickname.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Phylodox posted:

Mary Suad'dib.

:golfclap:

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Patton needs his own spinoff.

I'm thinking Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, and Koenig (and Koenig?): Agents of Shield

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Pander posted:

I'm thinking Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, and Koenig (and Koenig?): Agents of Shield

Just the Ten of Us.

|Ziggy|
Oct 2, 2004

Potsticker posted:

Just the ThirteenTwelve of Us.

Thanks Ward.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pander posted:

I was thinking they should start a law firm.

Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, And Koenig.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Potsticker posted:

Just the Ten of Us.

The dirty dozen.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

What's the age bracket here? Should I have gone with Eight is Enough?

BSam
Nov 24, 2012

Too Many Koenigs?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Kheldarn posted:

I was thinking they should start a law firm.

Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, Koenig, And Koenig.

One of them is Sarah Koenig and one of them is Walter Koenig.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Pander posted:

This show is called Orphan Black, just without Patton. But he should be on that show too.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Potsticker posted:

What's the age bracket here? Should I have gone with Eight is Enough?
This is more the reality show era than the sitcom era.

19 Koenigs and Counting

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Next time on...24 koenigs

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

There's some crazy good fight stuff going on there, the gun drop is like the knife switch in Winter Solider.

Also that Van, BATTLE VAN. If the Punisher had been driving, I would have not been surprised.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

twistedmentat posted:

There's some crazy good fight stuff going on there, the gun drop is like the knife switch in Winter Solider.

Also that Van, BATTLE VAN. If the Punisher had been driving, I would have not been surprised.

Mary Suad'dib did contact Microchip...

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bobkatt013 posted:

Mary Suad'dib did contact Microchip...

Castle would be a perfect character to bring it at the season finale. Karl Urban did Almost Human so he'd be fine with doing TV before they made the film.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I still like Thomas Jane as Frank. Dirty Laundry is a treasure.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I still like Thomas Jane as Frank. Dirty Laundry is a treasure.

I never saw the Thomas Jane Punisher movie, but I hear the script and directing was dogshit. And I believe it, because Dirty Laundry was great, and agree, Thomas Jane should still be the incumbent for Frank Castle.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Poor Dolph.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Patton Oswalt is seriously one of my favorite parts of this show

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I never saw the Thomas Jane Punisher movie, but I hear the script and directing was dogshit. And I believe it, because Dirty Laundry was great, and agree, Thomas Jane should still be the incumbent for Frank Castle.

The movie has its moments. Jane is good. And the fight with The Russian is great. Harry Heck was absurd and weird, but in a really positive way. It's not good, but it's not entirely without its merits.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Apparently Freddie Prince Jr. auditioned for the role of the main bad guy and knocked it out of the park, but they knew they'd be crucified if they cast him.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Stunt Rock posted:

The movie has its moments. Jane is good. And the fight with The Russian is great. Harry Heck was absurd and weird, but in a really positive way. It's not good, but it's not entirely without its merits.

Its so fuckin early 00s it hurts. I love it though.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

greatn posted:

Apparently Freddie Prince Jr. auditioned for the role of the main bad guy and knocked it out of the park, but they knew they'd be crucified if they cast him.

What's so bad about Freddie Prince Jr that would prevent him from being casted? Just because he was on Friends?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Hell if I know.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

notthegoatseguy posted:

What's so bad about Freddie Prince Jr that would prevent him from being casted? Just because he was on Friends?

Friends? He's best known for a series of teen heartthrob roles (She's All That, etc.) in the late 90's and early 2000s, which tends not to endear one to the predominantly straight and male audience of your typical action franchise.

I mean, imagine the reaction if, say, Marvel had cast Robert Pattinson in the Daniel Bruhl role for Civil War.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Dec 6, 2014

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Not having seen the non-Dolph Punisher movie, I did a GIS to see Thomas Jane as Punisher. My first thought was, "He looks like Tony Hawk.", followed by, "He doesn't really look like Punisher.".

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Barry Convex posted:

Friends? He's best known for a series of teen heartthrob roles (She's All That, etc.) in the late 90's and early 2000s, which tends not to endear one to the predominantly straight and male audience of your typical action franchise.

I mean, imagine the reaction if, say, Marvel had cast Robert Pattinson in the Daniel Bruhl role for Civil War.

Case in point: I was surprised to see that he was doing VA work in Mass Effect 3. Imagine my further surprise to see that he's back again in Dragon Age: Inquisition. (He has exactly one voice, and one voice only, though, so he still sounds like a meathead, except this time around, he doesn't have the benefit of a shared nationality EDIT: ethnicity (herp derp) with his character.)

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Dec 6, 2014

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Stunt Rock posted:

The ending of it is great and I wish I had a good youtube video showing the end shoot out, but yeah the ending is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Et3eVcMdxBI

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kheldarn posted:

Not having seen the non-Dolph Punisher movie, I did a GIS to see Thomas Jane as Punisher. My first thought was, "He looks like Tony Hawk.", followed by, "He doesn't really look like Punisher.".

I liked Ray Stevenson's version

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

twistedmentat posted:

I remember reading one comic where Nick Fury wants to have an enemy position completely annihilated, so he sends in Frank Castle. I would love to see something like that happen with Coulson sending in May as the nuclear option.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Guys, I'm really sad about Mack. They had a non-lethal solution! and then he just tumbled down the hundred foot hole. :(

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

Barry Convex posted:

To be fair, Chris Evans first big role was playing all of Freddie's roles in Not Another Teen Movie and fans have loved him as both Cap and Johnny Storm.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

OptimusWang posted:

To be fair, Chris Evans first big role was playing all of Freddie's roles in Not Another Teen Movie and fans have loved him as both Cap and Johnny Storm.

Yeah but he was also Johnny Storm

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

The Fantastic Four movies would've been great if it was just Johnny and Ben for two hours each time. Everything else was bad but they were great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Case in point: I was surprised to see that he was doing VA work in Mass Effect 3. Imagine my further surprise to see that he's back again in Dragon Age: Inquisition. (He has exactly one voice, and one voice only, though, so he still sounds like a meathead, except this time around, he doesn't have the benefit of a shared nationality EDIT: ethnicity (herp derp) with his character.)

He is also the Jedi dude in Star Wars Rebels.

• Locked thread