Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Zophar posted:

They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Sony should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of their existence. Now they go and throw immense moneyhats at a niche game like Street Fighter just to piss off the market. Why pay to keep a game out of the hands of as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their early sales lead and Microsoft only responded with an NPD whooping (source: musings thread) by way of incredible deals and value. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection. A true Banjo sequel. Halo 5 beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Microsoft with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
Fallout or an elder scrolls exclusive is probably the only thing that would make me buy a bone.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Herr Direktor posted:

Fallout or an elder scrolls exclusive is probably the only thing that would make me buy a bone.

why in the holy hell would you buy an xbone for a gimped version of either of these series'. they'd never ever be true exclusives, you won't see a fallout or elder scrolls game that isn't on pc as well and that's where you should be playing them anyway.

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006

Cubey posted:

why in the holy hell would you buy an xbone for a gimped version of either of these series'. they'd never ever be true exclusives, you won't see a fallout or elder scrolls game that isn't on pc as well and that's where you should be playing them anyway.

Because by exclusive I meant an actual exclusive that wasn't on pc, and since that isn't going to happen I'll never have to buy one.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cubey posted:

but nuts and bolts was the only good banjo game that ever existed :confused:

This thread has finally gone too far.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

just try to imagine the fallout (no pun intended) from the modding community if bethesda released one of those games with no pc version. there'd probably be actual deaths resulting from it.

actually that sounds pretty awesome so maybe they should look into that after all.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
A flurry of uppercuts is also not a great thing to do in a fight. Unless you are Tim Boestch.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

quote:

Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection.

Just wanted to laugh at this some more

hahahaha

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Microsoft wanted to actually respond they should just make the new Mass Effect an exclusive.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Zophar posted:

I know, I know... this is the way the business goes as they say. Well, they forced Microsoft's hands with their early sales lead and Microsoft only responded with an NPD whooping (source: musings thread) by way of incredible deals and value. Microsoft will undoubtedly follow this announcement up with some real megatons of their own.

Gears remake collection. A true Banjo sequel. Halo 5 beta in the hands of gamers. The next Bayonetta, Dead Space and Crysis as exclusives. Those are the kinds of blockbuster response announcements I expect, and then some. You hit Microsoft with a jab, you best be ready for a flurry of uppercuts coming at you in response.

Microsoft will spend 1st quarter of 2015 negotiating the xbox division / brand for real, E3 will actually be a sales pitch.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Just wanted to laugh at this some more

hahahaha

My favorite thing about it is it shows the exact same near-sighted, zero-imagination philosophy on what gamers want as MS' shallow market strategy. Who the hell would be excited about an exclusive Dead Space, or Crysis?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

what if in 2016 we will all are robots with game consoles in our eyes and cd drives in our buttholes

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

ethanol posted:

what if in 2016 we will all are robots with game consoles in our eyes and cd drives in our buttholes

That's Project Morpheus, yes.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Crafty posted:

Please try harder

yeah but enough about the Xbox one

univbee posted:

I'd have thought the "regular" folder would just have GIF's of Jude Law.

I like the films of Jude law. the talented mr riply was a very elegant film don't you think?

those videos are amazing

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Just realised the xbox is the Daenarys of console gaming. Started as an underdog no one considered to be influential only to become a beloved badass boss ruling a region that's not the traditional center of power. Then through bad decisions shackled or let go good assets, made stupid rules, losing the good graces of her fans and followers which led to making GBS threads shitwater in a ditch.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Zophar posted:

Who the hell would be excited about an exclusive Dead Space

ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Zophar posted:

:lol:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

The other day I was thinking how cool it would be to get an HD re-release of Dead Space at 1080p/60fps and then I realized it exists, it's the PC version, and I got it for free from a Humble Bundle months ago :aaaaa:

Console gaming

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if you are some poor slob with only a console holy shti get a pc idiot

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

Bass Bottles posted:

The other day I was thinking how cool it would be to get an HD re-release of Dead Space at 1080p/60fps and then I realized it exists, it's the PC version, and I got it for free from a Humble Bundle months ago :aaaaa:

Console gaming

Dead Space 1 and 2 legit own, I'll give you that.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

ethanol posted:

if you are some poor slob with only a console holy shti get a pc idiot

I'd rather get laid, thanks

Herr Direktor
Mar 19, 2006
The master race is only one generation long.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'd rather get laid, thanks

lmao there's no time for that in between farming and raiding

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Zophar posted:

Dead Space 1 and 2 legit own, I'll give you that.

I had a good time doing co-op in 3 with my brother but it wasn't really a DEAD SPACE game and the story sort of ruined it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zophar posted:

They've gone and done it... they've gone and woke the sleeping dragon now.

Sony should have left well enough alone and now they're going to get it. It's not enough that they're bleeding benjamins from practically every crevice of their existence. Now they go and throw immense moneyhats at a niche game like Street Fighter just to piss off the market. Why pay to keep a game out of the hands of as many gamers as possible? Why not put that money into first-party studios and games instead?

source your quotes

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

source your quotes

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=141766072#post141766072

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Xbox, Close Thread

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Xbox ps4 on

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Whoa weird I got a Forza Horizon achievement when I posted that

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i already posted this you son of a gun

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just picked up Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor last night. I was about to buy GTAV but I'm so far along on the 360 version I just couldn't justify it. I don't want to start over, I'll just finish it on 360 later.

This game is quite good.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

That neogaf thread has been pretty good. Its been reported by a 'confirmed' insider that at the very least, whatever is released first as "Street Fighter 5" is not ever coming to the Xbone on a timed basis.

I'd imagine right now MS is furiuosly trying to tie up some rival series. Shame about their dead last place in non-US market share to not help their case with whoever is making Mortal Kombat and uh.. that other big fighting game franchise.

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

shadow puppet of a posted:

That neogaf thread has been pretty good. Its been reported by a 'confirmed' insider that at the very least, whatever is released first as "Street Fighter 5" is not ever coming to the Xbone on a timed basis.

I'd imagine right now MS is furiuosly trying to tie up some rival series. Shame about their dead last place in non-US market share to not help their case with whoever is making Mortal Kombat and uh.. that other big fighting game franchise.

Fighter's History, Xbone exclusive 2015.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

new surface pro ad lookin good

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

shadow puppet of a posted:

ugh aren't you forgetting marvel v cap.... oh...

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

well how about tekk.... ah....

virtua... no....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dead or alive it is then

• Locked thread