Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!

jestest posted:

Just started playing the pre-sequal, is it just me or is lacking a dedicated sniper class like zero from BL2? The lawbringer seems to be closest, but doesn't look like she has anything in her tree to improve sniping.

On the other hand, guaranteed locked-on headshots on stationary targets using Vladof sniper rifles is all you need.

You're right, though, the dedicated Sniper character is coming as DLC sometime soon-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Jibo posted:

Does anyone even like the arenas? They keep making them and they always end up being boring as poo poo except maybe for the one from the Tina DLC and the original Moxie one from the first game where you got alternate versions of past bosses.

The arenas were fun in BL1. Like people said, Mad Moxxi had issues because it wasn't rewarding and it felt sloggy.

Father Wendigo posted:

Well, at least they confirmed we're getting less than half of the DLC campaign content.

Hopefully they're good to make up for the less content. I know that the BL2 season pass wasn't really fun to solo outside of Tiny Tina and only had value when I was cooping.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Tezzeract posted:

Hopefully they're good to make up for the less content. I know that the BL2 season pass wasn't really fun to solo outside of Tiny Tina and only had value when I was cooping.

I thought Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC were fun enough to play through. I loved Tiny Tina's DLC and Hammerlock's wasn't as bad as everyone says.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
BL2's campaign dlc was farmed out except for the Tina one.

Presequel's seems to be all in house (between Gearbox proper and 2k Australia at least) so I expect higher quality.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

jestest posted:

Just started playing the pre-sequal, is it just me or is lacking a dedicated sniper class like zero from BL2? The lawbringer seems to be closest, but doesn't look like she has anything in her tree to improve sniping.

Currently yeah. A future DLC character has a tree all about sniping tho (and it's way better than Zero's).

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001

Alien Rope Burn posted:

If you finished it, you got a whole extra skill point? :toot:
And that's assuming you could get through all 20 rounds without the game crashing and losing all your work. (I couldn't. After the second time, I gave up.)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Doodles posted:

And that's assuming you could get through all 20 rounds without the game crashing and losing all your work. (I couldn't. After the second time, I gave up.)

My roommate and I did it with 1 low level character and then a high level one who did all the killing. It still took a long rear end time so both of us could get the achievements.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tezzeract posted:

Man, I couldn't disagree with you any harder. Captain Scarlett was the highest watermark I found in BL2 DLC. Tiny Tina had a terrible combination: a few very common, very poorly thought out enemies (the speedy leveling Orcs, Eternal Skeletons with bugged second winds that were never fixed, and that god-awful mandatory first dragon encounter with Roland) and the already deteriorating scaling, which played off each other like diesel fuel and fertilizer. Towards the end when I was seventy or so it just wasn't fun at all.

You're also forgetting that multiple DLCs means multiple locales, themes, and changes of scenery, something that a ton of people are bitching about. Having only one DLC is only going to exacerbate the biggest weakness of the Pre-Sequel: it's incredibly small in scope and practice.

In further DLC news, Pitchford backhandedly confirmed that there's only going to be 1 campaign DLC with this tweet:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Father Wendigo posted:

In further DLC news, Pitchford backhandedly confirmed that there's only going to be 1 campaign DLC with this tweet:

Is there any reason people didn't already suspect this now that we know the Baroness exists? 2 characters + 1 level cap increase + 1 campaign DLC = 4 DLCs.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The level cap increase doesn't count, the 4th DLC is the arena thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh, right. Oh well, hopefully the campaign isn't a short one.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

RatHat posted:

The level cap increase doesn't count, the 4th DLC is the arena thing.

The arena is the ultimate vault hunter upgrade pack.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

watho posted:

The arena is the ultimate vault hunter upgrade pack.

That's correct, the Arena comes with the 10 extra levels. The free pack just unlocks UVHM.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm confused, UVHM and the 10 extra levels are separate? You can do UVHM at 50?

watho
Aug 2, 2013

It's the same as it was with BL2, I assume. UVHM is free but the level cap increase will cost.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
That sweet sweet arena dlc for 10 bucks that has 5 levels :(

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Jibo posted:

Does anyone even like the arenas? They keep making them and they always end up being boring as poo poo except maybe for the one from the Tina DLC and the original Moxie one from the first game where you got alternate versions of past bosses.

I think arena should just be replaced with instances where you move through a facility (read: dungeon) and each level gets progressively harder with better poo poo.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Dyz posted:

I think arena should just be replaced with instances where you move through a facility (read: dungeon) and each level gets progressively harder with better poo poo.

So... Digistruct Peak

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Alternatively, random dungeons. With a random boss, mini-boss, enemy types, ect.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Dr.Smasher posted:

So... Digistruct Peak

Digistruct Peak would've been great if it didn't suck so much.

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
this game is so dead. Cause it sucks. People, aren't loving stupid. Most of this hype thread is just that, bullshitty hype about a sub-par, short, rpg that was mostly promised to get better in DLC.

The curtain has been pulled back and everyone pretty much gets that its not even worth one or two playthroughs. For those of you still holding on like its the bee's tits, you need to stop hyping a game that sucks out loud. Be real with other goons. Its not worth the money.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Be a man, kill yourself

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

lets burn posted:

this game is so dead. Cause it sucks. People, aren't loving stupid. Most of this hype thread is just that, bullshitty hype about a sub-par, short, rpg that was mostly promised to get better in DLC.

The curtain has been pulled back and everyone pretty much gets that its not even worth one or two playthroughs. For those of you still holding on like its the bee's tits, you need to stop hyping a game that sucks out loud. Be real with other goons. Its not worth the money.

It's about as dead as BL2 was a few months after release.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

lets burn posted:

I wouldn't have played it if I hadn't gotten it for free, that much is true. Borderlands 2 was a lot more fresh when it came out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
lets burn is the most avant garde borderlands fan ever.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

lets burn posted:

The curtain has been pulled back and everyone pretty much gets that its not even worth one or two playthroughs.

Why did you play through it ten times?

Do you just grit your teeth, going "Man, this game better get good the ninth time! Ugh, it still sucks, well, maybe a tenth...!"

Is it "Only by playing through ten times can I have an informed opinion on how much this sucks!"

Is there a dog with a gun to your head telling you to play, and you're like "I wish I could stop playing this, but a dog has a gun to my head!"

Of course if you just cheated your way to level 50 that's fine too, but you may want to mention that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hey guys Borderlands Online has been announced!

For China...

http://kotaku.com/borderlands-online-lands-in-china-in-2015-1668153773

watho
Aug 2, 2013

:confuoot:

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

Dr.Smasher posted:

So... Digistruct Peak

Let's stick to something like Diablo 1 this time.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

RatHat posted:

Hey guys Borderlands Online has been announced!

For China...

http://kotaku.com/borderlands-online-lands-in-china-in-2015-1668153773

Those 4 characters sure do look like reskins of Roland, Lilith, Brick, and Mordecai. Maybe that's how they're going to make those classes playable in Borderlands 3 but still keep those characters around for plot stuff.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

LanceKing2200 posted:

Those 4 characters sure do look like reskins of Roland, Lilith, Brick, and Mordecai.

Who? All I see are Wyland, Lily, Morpheus and Brock. Totally original characters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To be fair Axton and Maya were basically just reskins as well.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

RatHat posted:

To be fair Axton and Maya were basically just reskins as well.

No they weren't. Maya plays very differently from Lilith, and while Axton is generally similar to Roland, his turrets are more about pure offense than they are buffs.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005

UVHM details dropped today:

quote:

*Regular enemies will receive a 1.5x health multiplier and 1.5x shield multiplier
*Badass enemies will receive a 2.5x health multiplier and 3.5x shield multiplier
*Enemies are now more likely to drop ammo, plus enemies and chests will give you better gear than in other playthroughs
*Elemental weapons will also be more effective, as will gear with elemental resistance

They had the common sense to drop regenerating health, which is encouraging. I'd still like to see how it plays, though.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And it is going to have a mission that ties it into the Tales game as well.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1276/new-handsome-ai-mission-coming-to-borderlands-the-pre-sequel

quote:

Once you’ve downloaded the newest update for The Pre-Sequel, head to the Hyperion Hub of Heroism and talk to Nakayama to receive the Handsome AI mission, a quick errand that sheds some light on Nakayama’s plans to immortalize everybody’s favorite Hyperion CEO using high-tech artificial intelligence that could change things on Pandora!

e - :lol: http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A7NJOE7X9E2OO/ref=cm_cr_dp_pdp

Bugsy fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Dec 9, 2014

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Whoever is doing that does a pretty good job of mimicking Jack's writing.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

Father Wendigo posted:

They had the common sense to drop regenerating health, which is encouraging. I'd still like to see how it plays, though.

It seems a lot more manageable than BL2's UVHM and hopefully the drop quality is at a good level as well. There doesn't seem to be any OP levels though and that kinda sucks because it's a really nice way to tweak the difficulty and gear strengths.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Father Wendigo posted:

Sounds promising. Nice that they realized including some sort of benefit is also a good thing.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

quote:

***DAD JOKE DETECTED. DAD JOKE DETECTED. OPENING AIRLOCKS. VENTING ATMOSPHERE.***

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
Joined a game with pubbies (dumb, I know) and now I lost all my guns and gear. Awesome.

• Locked thread