Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
Good card, cool scrambles and it ended before 1:30 AM. I look forward to the belly-shirt era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
"I don't think cutting to atomweight was a good move for Tiburcio," says Julie Kedzie, shortly before her handpicked challenger (the first in three events that isn't a little Japanese grandma) shitcans the champion despite having slightly less MMA experience than my cat

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
Really? You're not going to interview your new champion? Did nobody think to bring someone who can translate Portuguese?

Anyway, good card overall, minus a couple of real garbage fights.

mister
Dec 18, 2011

colonel_korn posted:

I don't think they're gonna have much trouble selling her after that fight.

Yeah, that wasn't a robbery or a flukey stoppage. She beat the crap out of Waterson and then finished her. I'll be hyped to see what she can do next.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Solomonic posted:

"I don't think cutting to atomweight was a good move for Tiburcio," says Julie Kedzie, shortly before her handpicked challenger (the first in three events that isn't a little Japanese grandma) shitcans the champion despite having slightly less MMA experience than my cat
Your cat has more than 11 pro fights?

Also, when I noticed Kedzie she was talking about how Tiburcio looked stronger at atomweight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I dunno man, she might be short on experience (and also height) but she looked like a fuckin fighter, a real one.

Waterson was down 2 rounds and opened up the 3rd with some spinning poo poo that lead to another takedown from Tiburcio. Seems pretty dumb to do poo poo like that if you're that far behind.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That was loving nuts. Tiburcio is legit.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Zwachro posted:

Your cat has more than 11 pro fights?

Bermudez-esque in his scramble game, Zwachro.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I was watching with a few people who were completely non-conversant in grappling, and right before the choke snapped on I was saying that it seemed to me like Waterson had expected to land whatever flashy submission she decided as to pad her highlight reel, but she ended up drawing a Brazilian who trained jits with Brazilians, and was starting to get really desperate and trying any retarded thing she could come up with. Then choke.

Mazzagatti2Hotty
Jan 23, 2012

JON JONES APOLOGIST #3
Jesus Christ Waterson's daughter really hosed her over with that walkout song choice.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Dangersim posted:

are you drinking again

No...but I will admit in the second Roxy picture I looked at it and my first thought was, "Girl really has some old grandma hands." So I'm guess my positivity gene for a follow idiot was kicking in pretty hard earlier.

I appreciate everyone's well placed concerns.

(Yay Roxy)

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

This happened in RFA tonight as well. Standing elbow KO http://gfycat.com/RingedInconsequentialGrub

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

CommonShore posted:

I was watching with a few people who were completely non-conversant in grappling, and right before the choke snapped on I was saying that it seemed to me like Waterson had expected to land whatever flashy submission she decided as to pad her highlight reel, but she ended up drawing a Brazilian who trained jits with Brazilians, and was starting to get really desperate and trying any retarded thing she could come up with. Then choke.

She was throwing Hail Mary subs because she was getting beat on the feet and couldn't keep Tiburcio off her.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
What happened?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Captain Log posted:

What happened?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
bellator announced manhoof vs schlemenko

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
theoretically badass but sadly shlemenko by guillotine

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
pudz is fighting old man nastula today, also mamed khalidov vs brett cooper. ksw alarm sounded.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Triticum Guzzler posted:

pudz is fighting old man nastula today, also mamed khalidov vs brett cooper. ksw alarm sounded.

When?
e-1:30 EST, there's a big undercard so actual poo poo wont happen til around 3 probably.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Dec 6, 2014

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Also

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

How do I watch this thing

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Yuriy posted:

bellator announced manhoof vs schlemenko

yesssssssss

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

YESSSSSSSSSS

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

fatherdog posted:

How do I watch this thing
http://www.kswtv.com/

Or you could look for an unauthorised stream, I suppose.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Holy poo poo KSW has the best promo packages hands down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZ5tg98Ak8&t=24s

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
KSW also has the best ring announcer ever who after the promo package about white Polish man who loves hip hop announced him as fighting for his son "and respect in the game"

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
I have now paid 13 USD for the privilege of watching Marius turn purple

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Where does Goran Reljic train that he's being cornered by a partially-inflated Gilbert Yvel

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

fatherdog posted:

I have now paid 13 USD for the privilege of watching Marius turn purple

I didn't think there was any justification for paying for a KSW show but this description changed my mind.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Pudz/Nastula is now in round 3, making Nastula officially a less dangerous grappler than James "The Thinking MegaColossusPunk Meathead" Thompson.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Pudz wins an easy decision, a brilliant red instead of his customary purple. The polish announcer says something incomprehensible that includes the words "Nobuyuki Sakakibara". Marius sits down in a chair while people cover him with ice during the post-fight interview. This is KSW.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Despite having been sitting down for the entire Pudz interview, Nastula is still sitting for his interview and sounds like he just ran a marathon while drinking vodka. Interview ends with a Japanese man next to him taking the mic and calling him a "REAL WARRIOR".

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i was in poland late last year and there were billboards with nastula advertising e-cigarettes, which might explain a few things

anyway josh gross said sakakibara was trying to get back into the mma game, and there's no possible better way to do it than getting involved with pudz and ksw

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Since iirc KSW is run by millionaire PRIDE fanboys, I would imagine they'd leap at the chance to bring Sakakibara onboard, however ill-conceived that might wind up being

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
things ain`t been so great since natsula got tapped to dick kicks

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
:tviv: ksw 32 is gonna be in london

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I want trip reports

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

:tviv: ksw 32 is gonna be in london

I'm not sure if I ever told the story of when pudz was coming to London for a guest appearance but when we were in the car to confront him he cancelled out then blocked us on Twitter for calling him a bitch

By we, we all know who I'm talking about.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

fatherdog posted:

Pudz/Nastula is now in round 3, making Nastula officially a less dangerous grappler than James "The Thinking MegaColossusPunk Meathead" Thompson.

This was obv anyway m8 why are you even pointing this out I come here for intelligent chat not state the obvious with the lads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I can't wait for James Thompson to fight next. What's coming up next for him? How is he? Is the cat still trying to kill him?