Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Covok posted:

Any idea why Goku has a new symbol on his shirt?

Well, it usually means he's got a new teacher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Traing under Weiss. New Master, New Symbol. Same as it always was.

I forgot that his symbol changed from Roshi to King Kai.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-969.html

New Multiverse page, art is back to just marginally better than the Bojack special.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I really doubt Yamcha during his peak, which in my opinion is during the Cell Games, would be able to beat Freeza. Not sure where anyone is getting this idea.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Last movie claimed that base Goku still wasn't as strong as max power Freeza even after all the years of training since then, so yeah Yamcha probably wouldn't stand a chance.

Testekill posted:

New Multiverse page, art is back to just marginally better than the Bojack special.

Marginally? Please, it's still a huge step ahead of it.

I mean not that that's hard, but still...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

StrifeHira posted:

Last movie claimed that base Goku still wasn't as strong as max power Freeza even after all the years of training since then, so yeah Yamcha probably wouldn't stand a chance.

Wait, so Goten and Trunks are stronger than base Goku? How does that work?

Or were the guys from the OVA not as strong as max Freeza?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
New movie looks like Goku and Vegeta are off training with Beerus and the other dude and Freiza touches down while they are away and probably sends his minions to find the Dragon Balls to get his wish, which is probably a massive as gently caress power boost.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bowmore posted:

New movie looks like Goku and Vegeta are off training with Beerus and the other dude and Freiza touches down while they are away and probably sends his minions to find the Dragon Balls to get his wish, which is probably a massive as gently caress power boost.

The wish has to be used on Freeza coming back to life so unless they gently caress up Namek again this seems unlikely.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

bowmore posted:

Yeah but while I'm skeptical of Ten/Krillin/Yamcha being able to beat Freeza, I know Piccolo and No. 18 can beat him. Not to mention Gohan, Goten, Trunks, or Mr. Buu. So Freeza's still going to need a power boost just to get past them all.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

Wait, so Goten and Trunks are stronger than base Goku? How does that work?

Or were the guys from the OVA not as strong as max Freeza?

Goten and Trunks can go Super Saiyan, so they're either as strong as or even stronger than Goku was way back on Namek.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

The wish has to be used on Freeza coming back to life so unless they gently caress up Namek again this seems unlikely.

The dragon balls can grant 2 wishes now.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

Beerus could just pop in and help 'em get a power boost, so Goku has another sparring partner. :v:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Mr. Satan will save us in our time of need.:swoon:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

StrifeHira posted:

Last movie claimed that base Goku still wasn't as strong as max power Freeza even after all the years of training since then

What were the exact words here?

The entire second of the film will just be a redub of the Namek episodes.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

TheKingofSprings posted:

The dragon balls can grant 2 wishes now.

Didn't work that way in the last movie.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Didn't work that way in the last movie.

I assumed they just didn't need the second wish at the time and allowed the balls to reset at half-time.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Testekill posted:

Dragonball Multiverse, by Tim Buckley

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Esroc posted:

I assumed they just didn't need the second wish at the time and allowed the balls to reset at half-time.

Did they even make a wish? I thought they just summoned the Dragon and wanted a story and Beerus had to tell the dragon to do it, since it was otherwise reluctant.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Esroc posted:

I had assumed that they had used a wish some time in the last few months. After every wish it takes X amount of months to restore them to power for a wish, and it can store up to 2 or 3? It was said in one of the Kai episodes I just watched when they wished for people to come back and he says he doesn't need anymore wishes. Then it's followed up by "We can go find them again in X months" or something.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
12 months, two wishes from little green's dragon

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I had assumed that they had used a wish some time in the last few months.

That's probably what happened with the Pilaf gang doing a reverse GT on themselves. And there goes another plothole in GT I never thought of before.

MastG
May 25, 2014
From what I've seen in the trailer, Goku and Vegeta are both away from Earth training with Whis. While they're gone those 2 new guys find the Dragon Balls and wish for Freiza's resurrection. Since he probably still can't sense energy he just calls a fuckton of his minions that somehow still remain loyal him and has them search Earth for Goku and Vegeta. The rest of the Z-Warriors try to stop Freiza but through some plot device I can't figure out yet he totally outclasses them. Goku and Vegeta show up and kick his rear end during probably an hour long fight. I can't even begin to imagine what happens during or after that.

MeccaPrime
May 11, 2010

StrifeHira posted:

Goten and Trunks can go Super Saiyan, so they're either as strong as or even stronger than Goku was way back on Namek.

Lest we forget about Gotenks! Gotenks should easily be able to handle Namek-level Freeza.

(Please, oh please, let us have a Gotenks vs Freeza with all new made up super moves. Would love to see Freeza try to deal with the "super cyclone atomic elbow drop!")

:pray:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Let's not forget what the highlight of Battle of Z was.

I personally cannot wait to watch Freeza perform at a rock concert.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

StrifeHira posted:

Marginally? Please, it's still a huge step ahead of it.

I mean not that that's hard, but still...

Goku wasn't powered up at all then, and was just idle.

Everyone has a powered up version of each form they have.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I think it's assumed that all Cell saga people can kind of hang with Freeza, since they all trained for much more powerful opponents and figured they could help out, at the very least. So, basically, everyone but Yamcha and Chauzu.

Cyborg Freeza wasn't weaker, it's just that SSJ, when ou know what to do, is actually far more powerful than Freeza in general. Freeza, after getting his rear end kicked, wouldn't go looking for the guy that kicked his rear end in a weaker form.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Full trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE6_nbSEek8

And a short synopsis:

quote:

A fated clash!!
A battle surpassing gods begins — !!!!

After peace returned to Earth following the battle with God of Destruction Beerus, the surviving remnants of Freeza’s forces, Sorbet and Tagoma, approached, seeking the Dragon Balls. Their objective: to revive Freeza in order to bring his forces back to power. That worst wish in history is granted at last, and the resurrected Freeza plots his vengeance against Goku and the other Saiyans… And so, Freeza’s new army advances on Earth, and Gohan, Piccolo, and Kuririn clash with a thousand soldiers. Goku and Vegeta challenge Freeza to a fated duel, but Freeza had attained an overwhelming power-up!

“Allow me to show you… my further evolution!”

Now, for warriors beyond their limits, the curtain was about to open on a battle like none before or since –.

From http://www.kanzenshuu.com/

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
It's gonna be that much more sweet when Krillin uses the Solar Flare and then slices Freeza in half with the Kienzan when he's in his 8th transformation and has a power level of Infinite Infinities.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
This movie is going to be awful.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

CharlestheHammer posted:

This movie is going to be awesome.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

It wasn't awesome the first time I saw it, or the second, so I am not sure why you believe the third time will be better.

Kind of sucks, Battle of the Gods wasn't bad, outside of the pointless Pilaf scenes.

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Dec 6, 2014

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goku FTW

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Controversial opinion, but I respect your right to have it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Piccolo is more FTW, IMO.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I want those little charms at the end.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I am somewhat dumbfounded just what kind of power up could justify trumping both androids 17 & 18, android 16, a fully powered Cell, and Majin Buu with his twenty clown forms, without breaking our suspension of disbelief.

It may be dragon ball Z but there are rules dammit; I have no idea how they're going to pass this off as a plausible power up without shattering the pacing and steady growth that Toriyama has done so well over the course of the series history.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Parrotine posted:

I am somewhat dumbfounded just what kind of power up could justify trumping both androids 17 & 18, android 16, a fully powered Cell, and Majin Buu with his twenty clown forms, without breaking our suspension of disbelief.

It may be dragon ball Z but there are rules dammit; I have no idea how they're going to pass this off as a plausible power up without shattering the pacing and steady growth that Toriyama has done so well over the course of the series history.

Yeah it seems really silly, but if the design is good I probably won't care much.

Also

CharlestheHammer posted:

It wasn't awesome the first time I saw it, or the second, so I am not sure why you believe the third time will be better.

It's actually a pretty cool fight if you don't watch the original cut of the anime.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yeah it seems really silly, but if the design is good I probably won't care much.

Also

It's actually a pretty cool fight if you don't watch the original cut of the anime.

Wait what? I was making a Cooler joke.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

CharlestheHammer posted:

Wait what? I was making a Cooler joke.

Who?

e: Seriously though, the reason why this is going to be better than the Cooler movies is that Cooler never had the same kind of menace as Freeza. They're too dissimilar in character despite Cooler basically doing the same thing all the time.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Calling it, Frieza brings Cooler back to life, teams up to destroy the earth. Best idea, hire me

• Locked thread