Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holdbrooks
Jan 1, 2005

NEAI 2015
RIDE ETERNAL SHINY AND CHROME
ONWARD TO THE HALLS OF RUSTHALLA
For those of you not on snapchat or my Facebook.

Who brings a cat to a car meet??? This guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
That look of barely contained panic and fury

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

In other words, Friday night for a cat.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Fart Pipe posted:

Its wicked mint, all of his cars are really nice and very original except for the Roadmaster although he has a stock one too that hes not selling. Only thing that sucks about the Javelin is its a 292/auto on the column. Still a fantastic looking car though.

Any chance for a picture or pictures of it? Either just sitting or as he has you working on it? :allears:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Goddamnit, I really need to get into some regular eating habits, instead of "grab whatever I can on the way to work" and "what lunch?". And just kinda watch what I eat in general.

Was at work finishing up my prep (which at this store is done just before you go home) when I noticed I was starting to feel really shaky. Figured my blood sugar was a bit down, no big deal, I usually start getting shaky when it's around 70. I'm used to it happening if I skip lunch. I actually had brought a (single serving) bottle of orange juice with me to work today just in case, and kept it in my backpack (which is pretty well insulated - it was still coolish when I pulled it out).

:stonklol:

Turns out an 11.5oz single serving bottle of Simply Orange juice brought it up to the low 90s within 30 minutes. Works faster than the glucose tablets I usually carry.

I should probably meet with a dietician or some poo poo. Or get some diabetic cookbooks.

Also, there's very likely going to be a new pussy in my life soon. Been a tough sell with the family (mom wanted to "look at others first", but I have a pretty drat detailed history of this cat). There's another AI goon that lives fairly close to me that needs to rehome a cat that their other cats don't like, and has offered him to me. Adult, neutered, gets along very well with dogs, and isn't one that tries to escape every time the door is opened. Need to work out some logistical details, but hopefully soon.

Darchangel posted:

Actually, as far as I can tell, the wipers on/lights on thing isn't law in TX, but is strongly suggested. The parking light-only thing is, however, correct, according to the Defensive Driving course I finished on Sunday.

When I went through drivers ed - granted, this was in 1993 or 1994 - I remember the instructor stating it was the law. But it looks like you're correct - some googling states headlights are only required at night and when visibility is below 1000 feet.

I still turn on my headlights in the rain though. I mean, I drive a gray car, in an area with predominantly concrete roads.. it kinda blends in a bit in broad daylight, especially being kind of small.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 6, 2014

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
:catstare: peanutbutter crackers buddy. I'm hypoglycemic. Life saver every drat time. OJ as you've found is another awesome one.

I've made the habit of multiple small meals throughout the day and all is usually ok.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Pfffft STR small for an aircraft carrier maybe

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Elmnt80 posted:

Any chance for a picture or pictures of it? Either just sitting or as he has you working on it? :allears:

This is the only one I have right now, a bad phone pic when I texted it to my friend.

And the 63

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

cursedshitbox posted:

:catstare: peanutbutter crackers buddy. I'm hypoglycemic. Life saver every drat time. OJ as you've found is another awesome one.

I've made the habit of multiple small meals throughout the day and all is usually ok.

I'm normally hyperglycemic - I'd never gone hypo until I started taking glyburide. I'm already on the maximum dosage of Metformin, and even with diet and exercise, my average blood sugar was hanging out in the 150s when I first woke up. Glyburide is normally started once a day @ 2.5mg - my doctor has me taking it twice a day (with meals) @ 2.5mg. I took it on my way to work after a couple of tacos, and my blood sugar was hanging out around 100 for several hours before it nosedived.

The October thread saw this - I think this was right before I started glyburide.

That was a bit high even for me, but I've seen higher if I add a soda into the mix.

Peanut butter crackers sound like a good idea. They're not really temp sensitive, so I can keep them in my backpack.

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

Pfffft STR small for an aircraft carrier maybe

I was talking about the car, not my twig and berries. :quagmire:

Small for a modern car...

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 6, 2014

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SMALL.

FOR.

AN.

AIRCRAFT.

CARRIER.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Holdbrooks posted:

For those of you not on snapchat or my Facebook.

I used to sometimes bring my cat along for a late night car ride. I tried with my dog too but if I don't put on his seatbelt he tries to sit in my lap. I wouldn't dream of taking her outside of the car though.

The other day when there was a fire alarm in my apartment a woman down the hall just carried her cat outside and he seemed fine. They walked up the stairs with me and my dog because I have the stairwell key (elevators were still out). Good kitty.

some texas redneck posted:

Peanut butter crackers sound like a good idea. They're not really temp sensitive, so I can keep them in my backpack.

My friend would always carry those cans of fruit drink which have tons of sugar.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Guys. I figured out how to stop being despressed over the breakup.

It's called marijuana.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Can you buy it through the stores yet or is it still all out of stock or whatever?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I dont know, i obtained mine through someone known only as "the dealer" using a complicated mix of dead drops, signal lights, carrier pigeons, and in one memorable evening a goat who had ingested entirely too much MDMA

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Well, got sick of not being able to see the carpet. Or even the top of the bed. And having to step over things to even get to the dresser.

Bed turned 90 degrees and shoved in the corner (again), tons of crap shoved under it (since it's on risers anyway). I can actually move my desk chair more than a few inches away from the desk again.

Next project is to get a decent sized desk and move it to the foot of the bed, instead of this lovely 4 ft wide Walmart plastic folding table across the room. Maybe it's 4.5 ft. It's cramped with 2 monitors, a midtower, and bookshelf speakers. I'd have to run a long rear end HDMI cable to the stereo, but I already have a 25 ft cable. Just need to get an equally long optical audio cable as well (since I'd like to be able to get PC sound when the TV itself is turned off, my receiver is a picky bastard). Monoprice has dirt cheap optical audio cables though.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CharlesM posted:

Can you buy it through the stores yet or is it still all out of stock or whatever?

I hear Bob Marley's family are going to market premium weed in CA under his name. Truly, these are wondrous times.

TRANS AM 20000
Apr 17, 2010

Time to punch it!

Today, I'm going to check out an old missile silo that's been bought and converted into someone's home. Expect some pretty cool snappes if a wireless signal even exists that far away from society. Either way, I'll be bringing a camera to take some (hopefully) cool pictures.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Fart Pipe posted:

This is the only one I have right now, a bad phone pic when I texted it to my friend.

That's a 68-70 dude.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I just met my new best friend last night.

She wears the same streetwear clothes as me, talks like me, sells weed, smokes mad blunts, plays Call of Duty, listens to the same music as me and only lives 3 streets over.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

She wears the same streetwear clothes as me, talks like me, sells weed, smokes mad blunts, plays Call of Duty, listens to the same music as me and only lives 3 streets over.

And that's the problem with your life. You say all those things and classify her as "new best friend" instead of "chick I want to bang" or "new gently caress buddy" or "wife material".

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Super Aggro Crag posted:

gently caress yeah dude

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

meatpimp posted:

And that's the problem with your life. You say all those things and classify her as "new best friend" instead of "chick I want to bang" or "new gently caress buddy" or "wife material".

She's my roommate's new interest. They met at work. Not gonna cockblock my friend. Also, you can have female friends without wanting to bang them you know.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Also, you can have female friends without wanting to bang them you know.

Wait...what?

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Finding people like that is a legit awesome feeling. Met a girl in a bar a week back, sadly not single, but she's awesome, funny, likes a few beers and/or a spliff, likes music, drawing, design, wants to be a tattoo artist, and adores good food.

Excellent chat is life-affirming.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
We racing today

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

I've got a 71 Javelin in my garage waiting for my brother to get back from Air Forcing in Alaska. It's nowhere near that good.

Ozmiander posted:

That's a 68-70 dude.

I think you're right. 68 or 69 maybe. Unless he's done something like swap out the grill and fenders and stuff but I doubt it.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

Wait...what?

Exactly. :colbert:

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

trouser chili posted:

We racing today

Nice xratty.

I've got a gravel machine gun sticker on my RS too. Those things are getting around.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

It's called marijuana.

Glad to see you've taken my advice

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Holdbrooks posted:

You look so much like my brother it's almost scary. Throws me for a loop every time I see one of your selfies.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

rscott posted:

Glad to see you've taken my advice

Ha Ha, wish I never turned it down when I could get it. I was dumb as was worried about fines.
Drunk too much, got weight gain and a hosed liver instead.
Going to try find it or if not then K.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 6, 2014

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Horse Divorce posted:

I've got a 71 Javelin in my garage waiting for my brother to get back from Air Forcing in Alaska. It's nowhere near that good.

I think you're right. 68 or 69 maybe. Unless he's done something like swap out the grill and fenders and stuff but I doubt it.

Oh yea you guys are right. 72 would have the big front fenders. Maybe he said 70 but now I dont remember. Him and his dad werent the type to swap something like that so its whatever year it is, haha.

When is your brother getting back? Itd be cool to see more Javelins in AI.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

I don't know, really. I think he's got a year and a half up there, maybe less. Once that's done, we're hoping he gets stationed nearby but one can only hope. Right now, I think it's got a 292 in it. I know he wants to drop in a bigger motor but I haven't gone into details on his plans. All I know is that I wish I had the garage space, right now I'm looking at doing a swap in my back yard and I could use the flat floor space.

Regardless, the Javelin you've shown us looks awesome.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

OFFICER 13 INCH posted:

It's called marijuana.

It definitely beats owl pellets. :v:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

She's my roommate's new interest. They met at work. Not gonna cockblock my friend. Also, you can have female friends without wanting to bang them you know.

If you can't bang her bang her friends. :colbert:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Also, you can have female friends without wanting to bang them you know.

I think this is the biggest lie guys tell themselves. There seem to be three kinds of attitudes men take to women they're friends with:

1) I actively want to bang you
2) I don't think about banging you, but I would, given the right circumstances
3) I'm not attracted to you

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Please, let's not start this debate. It rarely ends well. Some straight men have female friends they have no romantic/sexual interest in, some don't. Despite sharing a gender, men don't all think in exactly the same way.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tommychu posted:

Please, let's not start this debate. It rarely ends well. Some straight men have female friends they have no romantic/sexual interest in, some don't. Despite sharing a gender, men don't all think in exactly the same way.

Exactly. Some men like dudes.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

blk posted:

I think this is the biggest lie guys tell themselves. There seem to be three kinds of attitudes men take to women they're friends with:

That's how I categorize my male friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

blk posted:

Speak for yourself.

quote:

• Locked thread