Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In other news, here's a bit of footage for the new DBZ movie. Is Freeza even a threat anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnjn3irn0ws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Waffleman_ posted:

In other news, here's a bit of footage for the new DBZ movie. Is Freeza even a threat anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnjn3irn0ws

Only when voiced by LittleKurihboh.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Its probably one of the alternate dimensions where it just happens that Piccolo was never killed so they didnt need to go to namek. Freeza killed the ball progenitor in namek so he couldn't make a wish there but learned that earth had balls too.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Or frieza's been doing some evil training in hell and also never showed my hero goku his real power.

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Srice posted:

My fave part of what I watched of Wizard Barristers is when the guy who was accused of being part of a gang was let go when they had a surprise witness, a guy who was part of the gang the defendant was accused of being part of who said the defendant wasn't a part of his gang.

I see no reason for the gang member to lie about that and heck, neither did the judge.

To be fair, there reason for finding him guilty of being a bank robber in the first place was "he stopped the bank robbery". I think the legal system from that show might have been developed on opposite day.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Its probably one of the alternate dimensions where it just happens that Piccolo was never killed so they didnt need to go to namek. Freeza killed the ball progenitor in namek so he couldn't make a wish there but learned that earth had balls too.

I hope it's not just one Freeza, but the Freezas from all the other universes.

11 Freezas.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, who's been keeping up with Garo? It's continued to be one of this season's crop of good, solid fantasy action shows, even if the visuals can sometimes be a bit dodgy and it's had the occasional weak episode. The characters are entertaining, the action and monster designs are rad (that chimaera holy poo poo), and it's got a pleasing amount of heart and a surprising lack of skeeviness for an edgy grimdark show about magical knights loving and fighting through medieval Spain. Since it appears to be paced for two cours and will apparently be getting a second season and a movie, it looks like a property with some longevity, too. I'd make a thread, but I'm poo poo at OPs.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Agnostalgia posted:

To be fair, there reason for finding him guilty of being a bank robber in the first place was "he stopped the bank robbery". I think the legal system from that show might have been developed on opposite day.

I imagine this the hosed up Japanese legal system that Shu Takami's been harping on about for the last dozen years or so.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

I imagine this the hosed up Japanese legal system that Shu Takami's been harping on about for the last dozen years or so.

Even in that context, the portrayal of law in Wizard Barristers is extremely silly. I don't expect it to match real-world law exactly (it's not quite set in the real world, after all) but there isn't even any internal consistency. The legal system seems to run on the principle of "whatever the judge felt like that day," and while the unfairness of certain aspects of the system are pointed out, no one seems to notice this fundamental arbitrariness, which always seems to work in the main character's favor in the end.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Dec 6, 2014

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

So, who's been keeping up with Garo? It's continued to be one of this season's crop of good, solid fantasy action shows, even if the visuals can sometimes be a bit dodgy and it's had the occasional weak episode. The characters are entertaining, the action and monster designs are rad (that chimaera holy poo poo), and it's got a pleasing amount of heart and a surprising lack of skeeviness for an edgy grimdark show about magical knights loving and fighting through medieval Spain. Since it appears to be paced for two cours and will apparently be getting a second season and a movie, it looks like a property with some longevity, too. I'd make a thread, but I'm poo poo at OPs.

Just make a thread! Use a promo image, copy the synopsis from ANN or something, and list the notable people working on it. Less than 5 minutes of effort and if people wanna talk about it they will post. Heck, look at that Eureka 7 thread that popped up.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Phobophilia posted:

The Japanese legal system is basically "Well, SOMEONE'S gotta go to jail."

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Silver2195 posted:

Even in that context, the portrayal of law in Wizard Barristers is extremely silly. I don't expect it to match real-world law exactly (it's not quite set in the real world, after all) but there isn't even any internal consistency. The legal system seems to run on the principle of "whatever the judge felt like that day," and while the unfairness of certain aspects of the system are pointed out, no one seems to notice this fundamental arbitrariness, which always seems to work in the main character's favor in the end.

Boy does THAT sound like an AA game all right.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Pureauthor posted:

Boy does THAT sound like an AA game all right.

Which is apparently what the Japanese legal system was actually like for several decades until like 2009.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Thoom posted:

Which is apparently what the Japanese legal system was actually like for several decades until like 2009.
The lay judge system hasn't really gotten wide adoption, though, and prosecutors can still appeal "not guilty" verdicts (although they're less likely to appeal lay judge verdicts than regular ones).

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

It's all pretty bad though.

Mezzo Forte is great and Mezzo DSA is pretty decent.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Lesbears, now with actual animation and voice acting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PY7LmwROg9A

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Why exactly are people hype for the weird lesbian fetishist anime again?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's by the director of Utena.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

directed by the guy who made Revolutionary Girl Utena

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

It's a metaphor for cunnilingus.

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

gao gao

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

also the lesbian part probably doesn't hurt

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well. I hope you all enjoy it.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The judge's name is Sexy Life. The judge of the Yuri trials. These are words that have formed a sentence.

Snow Halation
Dec 29, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Well. I hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks. We will.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

The judge's name is Sexy Life. The judge of the Yuri trials. These are words that have formed a sentence.

The second greatest sentence ever made by a human being.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What's the greatest?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

paragon1 posted:

What's the greatest?

"Miss Fortune spills into the Great Hallway with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse - both taxed to contain her."

This is an actual sentence someone was paid to write.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

It's funny how loving fantastic Wizard Barristers episode 1 looks because from what I heard, they pretty much ran out of money entirely by the last few episodes.

They actually ran out of time due to piss-poor scheduling, not money. They actually went back and fixed the episode that had half the cuts missing (11 sounds right) for the BDs, it took them months after it finished airing since they were finishing it with a handful of people instead of the entire staff.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I am a weird lesbian anime fetishist.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I will watch at least one episode of any anime that promises me lesbians and doesn't look completely blatantly exploitative.

reddit translation of Yuri Kuma PV posted:

0:01 - I found [you/it], Tsubaki Kureha, a delicious meal. You smell appetizing. I'll tell you what I like, rawr.
0:10 - Alright! I'll make sure I eat a lot of girls!
0:14 - I like you, Kureha-chan. I like you a lot.
0:18 - You don't know anything! Stop talking like you know Sumika and I!
0:23 - Get away! I won't let you lay a finger on Kureha!
0:27 - I've never seen Mitsuko like that.
0:29 - I'll never forgive something like that!
0:31 - Die! Die! Die!
0:34 - The time of judgement has come. Rawr, rawr.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Premises mean jack poo poo in the face of solid creative staff.

coathat
May 21, 2007

What's that guys problem with lesbians? its the 21st century. Get with the times man.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

I will watch at least one episode of any anime that promises me lesbians and doesn't look completely blatantly exploitative.

Same but without the second bit.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

wasnt one of the first things we saw about this show character art showing their underwear....just sayin..... Seems pretty hosed up to watch a show fetishizing a sexual minority group.

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

coathat posted:

What's that guys problem with lesbians? its the 21st century. Get with the times man.

He's gay. And so am I.

Wait a minute. That guy has over 100 posts in the Senran kagura thread and owns all three games. I think he may be a troll...

Space Bat fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 6, 2014

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Seems pretty hosed up to watch a show fetishizing a sexual minority group.
But enough about Free!

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Space Bat posted:

He's gay. And so am I.

Wait a minute. That guy has over 100 posts in the Senran kagura thread and owns all three games. I think he may be a troll...

my friend Ibram Gaunt is no troll, and Senran Kagura is extremely cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

Paracelsus posted:

But enough about Free!

Do sexy boys make you uncomfortable?

• Locked thread