Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Jabor posted:

In fact, they've even gone so far as to reverse functional errata they did previously, if the card was never reprinted with the errata'd wording.

The only exception is that one commander guy they errata'd recently, I guess because having the flagship creature in a deck being pre-emptively banned from the only format it's playable in is bad for sales.

They do functional errata if it's a misprint, like with the commander guy you are talking about. Also like walking atlas not saying artifact on its type line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best
Wait what commander got errata'd?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

does this count?

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

homerlaw posted:

This idiot.

X can't be zero.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

homerlaw posted:

Marath, Will of the Wild I don't know if they fixed it but for a while on mtgo you could do x=0 if there was a cost reducing effect on the battlefield for zero mana cost activations.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Niton posted:

This idiot.

X can't be zero.

Does anybody even use this chucklefuck?

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Count Bleck posted:

They would if x could be 0

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I Love You! posted:

They would if x could be 0

I'm probably not understanding why that would be relevant.

But why would that be relevant?

Some ridiculous combo with his third mode for his X ability involving "when a creature dies" effects?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Count Bleck posted:

Bu why would that be relevant?

Infinite etb and death triggers.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Count Bleck posted:

Bu why would that be relevant?

Target any number of creatures/players an infinite number of times at instant speed for 0.

Put infinite creatures into play for 0.

Have infinite creatures die for 0.

Immense number of totally free combos for a general costing 3 that starts in your hand every game.

Simplest combo: T1 soul sister. T3 gain infinite life. The possibilities are basically endless.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Count Bleck posted:

Infinite ETB/Death triggers

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
Also just infinite creatures with any sort of anthem effect.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

UberJew posted:

Also just infinite creatures with any sort of anthem effect.

He's basically utterly horribly broken with any card you would conceivably run with him.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
http://i.imgur.com/mmsWWG4.png

http://i.imgur.com/aKWuTCI.png

Possible :nsfw:

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Dec 6, 2014

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Not what I'm ever expecting to see on the internet.

But always welcome.

Count Bleck fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 6, 2014

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002
Some simple combos, all CMC 3 or less:

Unruly Mob: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=220389
Infinite size on t3 attacking

Fecundity: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=376329
Draw entire deck

Hissing Iguanar/Goblin Sharpshooter: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=271160 / http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=376350
Kill all other players (and all creatures for shooter)

Any soul Sister: Infinite Life (theres like 6 or 7 of them so have FUN)

Beck/Call: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=369063&part=Beck
Infinite cards

Kruin Striker: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=240093
Infinite trampling damage attacking t3

Mantle of Leadership: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=122349
lovely infinite damage on a dork attacking t3

Aura Shards: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=247184
Destroy all artifacts/enchantments you want, forever

Midnight Guard: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=383309
I dunno go nuts man

Those are the most obvious ones I can find that come out by t3 with no ramp!

I Love You! fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Dec 6, 2014

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse
Having actually run a Marath deck, he can be pretty fun depending on how broken your environment is, or if you just keep playing when someone combos out. He's okay. The dude who makes everyone who attacks an opponent get +2/+0 is generally better though, since he makes you win on t5 most of the time. And absolutely nobody targets him the first time they see him out, and then aim all cannons at him every game thereafter.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Not what I'm ever expecting to see on the internet.

But always welcome.

You got in before I edited it into links.

Posting on the Awful App on iOS. It now has smilies and automatic uploads to imgur.

Also, any of you goons going to a PTQQ in Evansville, IN tomorrow at the Gaming Guild? I'll be there in a Los Pollos Hermanos tshirt fielding Abzan Midrange.

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 6, 2014

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Veyrall posted:

Having actually run a Marath deck, he can be pretty fun depending on how broken your environment is, or if you just keep playing when someone combos out. He's okay. The dude who makes everyone who attacks an opponent get +2/+0 is generally better though, since he makes you win on t5 most of the time. And absolutely nobody targets him the first time they see him out, and then aim all cannons at him every game thereafter.

I mean we're talking about pre-errata Marath who would pretty cleanly be the strongest commander in the game and just shatter the format entirely.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

kizudarake posted:

You got in before I edited it into links.

Posting on the Awful App on iOS. It now has smilies and automatic uploads to imgur

I saved you.

Because I love you. :3:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Didn't realize that was an actual policy. :(

Technically, the creature type update is functional errata. Unfortunately, this means we no longer can run Ali From Cairo Tribal.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

I Love You! posted:

I mean we're talking about pre-errata Marath who would pretty cleanly be the strongest commander in the game and just shatter the format entirely.
I think you could make an EDH deck entirely of cards that go infinite with pre-errata Marath and land. Door of Destinies is another good one, but ideally you'd want 2 card combos that win the turn they are cast.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

I saved you.

Because I love you. :3:

Thanks, man. I need a probation like I need time off from posting on SA. Oh, wait. :thejoke:

Also, how in the gently caress is it that there are so few red text avatars generated from this thread. Any other thread, we'd have ended up with at least four from today.

Is everyone dumping all their extra cash into cards rather than Avs?

Anil Dikshit fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 6, 2014

Starving Autist
Oct 20, 2007

by Ralp
I'm so pissed that my Mistform Ultimus doesn't count as an Uncle Istvan anymore :argh:

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

At least we still have the creature type Lady of Proper Etiquette.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
No idea why, but Ali from Cairo will always be my favorite creature type. Uncle Istvan is good too though, that guy warped my 5th grade meta.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

I like Nameless Race's creature type.

Veyrall
Apr 23, 2010

The greatest poet this
side of the cyberpocalypse

kizudarake posted:

Also, how in the gently caress is it that there are so few red text avatars generated from this thread. Any other thread, we'd have ended up with at least four from today.
I spent all my loving around money on Christmas. Also, magic players are a more evolved form of human, who don't stoop to red text avatars like the rest of unwashed humanity.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Red text or a shockland? Not a hard choice.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Also I get the impression that a lot of people in D&D threads legit hate each other and/or hold each other in contempt, and I don't think that's true for us.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Elyv posted:

Also I get the impression that a lot of people in D&D threads legit hate each other and/or hold each other in contempt, and I don't think that's true for us.

I don't think we have the same kind of edition wars that the D&D thread does because wizards actually cares about making this game fun to play for everyone.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Cactrot posted:

I don't think we have the same kind of edition wars that the D&D thread does because wizards actually cares about making this game fun to play for everyone.

I assumed Elyv meant Debate and Discussion, but I guess it works either way.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Count Bleck posted:

Some ridiculous combo with his third mode for his X ability involving "when a creature dies" effects?

Purphuros, God of the Forge. You win.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Veyrall posted:

I spent all my loving around money on Christmas. Also, magic players are a more evolved form of human, who don't stoop to red text avatars like the rest of unwashed humanity.

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Red text or a shockland? Not a hard choice.

Elyv posted:

Yeah, but we now have a mod who can make them for free.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Auras fizzle out if their target is invalidated before resolution right? So if an opponent plays Dragon Mantle and I respond by killing the target, they don't draw a card? It doesn't hit the field then get sent to the yard?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Auras fizzle out if their target is invalidated before resolution right? So if an opponent plays Dragon Mantle and I respond by killing the target, they don't draw a card? It doesn't hit the field then get sent to the yard?

Correct, except for Bestow, which specifically sticks around because Wizards says so.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kizudarake posted:

Yeah, but we now have a mod who can make them for free.

I don't think Ettin reads this thread much. Or did you think I was a TG mod?

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

forbidden lesbian posted:

I don't think Ettin reads this thread much. Or did you think I was a TG mod?

Hell, I dunno how modding works. I assumed all mods could edit avatars/names anywhere, not just in the specific subforums they mod in.

I didn't mean probating or banning, of course.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Nah, I can't do anything to ya unless you post in GBS and tbh I don't really like doing red text av changes to people, way to passive aggressive for me.

And while I might be occasionally rude or something I don't hate anyone in this thread, we are all a bunch of nerds who play wizard poker, I don't have any kind of high ground or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Count Bleck posted:

Marath's the top Naya guy in French 1v1 because he is a versatile motherfucker. Give him a Basilisk Collar or hold hands with Nightshade Peddler, and he's a machine gun. Split him into little 1/1 elementals, then use Gavony or something to double your fun or just pop 'em with skullclamp to refill your hand. Respond to removal by pumping a dude then just drop him again. He's a bastard.

Here's a pretty sweet list. Being surrounded by Naya goodstuff and having the lingering threat of Kiki combos makes him pretty rough.

• Locked thread