Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

I was thinking more along the lines that most devs would never consider a gay man "tough" enough are scary enough to be a villain, and to do so would be a huge step forward.

which is it? WHICH IS IT? are gay men tough enough to be villains or are they vain and so perfect villains? we need to figure out a new pop controversy before 2014 is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006
Do you guys have any thoughts on the ps4 versus pc edition? I'm about to snag this but am undecided yet on which system.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nigulus Rex posted:

Do you guys have any thoughts on the ps4 versus pc edition? I'm about to snag this but am undecided yet on which system.

PS4 seems to have less issues, but mods for this game will probably be great.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
Speaking of which, does anyone else really like Chiffon? I don't know why, but I'm endeared by his mannerisms and speech. Every time he had a task I just instantly felt. "Yeah, no problem, buddy :3:", and mercilessly killed animals for his fashion week.

I'm only in South Kyrat, but I hope the northern missions are just as fun.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Man, Volgin in Snake Eater was pretty gay and also goddamn tough and scary enough to be a villain. And the gayness neither impacted upon nor informed his villainy.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Another unfunny, threadshitting knob-end.
TIL that video games are just entering the 80's era of minority representation where it would be a huge step forward for the singular gay male character in a story to be a constantly overtly flamboyant murderous dictator who still totes boned a woman guys.

Hey, baby steps, it might come off as tasteless, but there's literally never been a tasteful representation of gay men in video games ever so it's okay.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Moartoast posted:

TIL that video games are just entering the 80's era of minority representation where it would be a huge step forward for the singular gay male character in a story to be a constantly overtly flamboyant murderous dictator who still totes boned a woman guys.

Hey, baby steps, it might come off as tasteless, but there's literally never been a tasteful representation of gay men in video games ever so it's okay.

Moartoast, how could you call that character gay? He had no weird lisp and wasn't wearing flamboyant clothing. I don't see it. :confused:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Moartoast posted:

Bill or whatever his name was in The Last of Us was a decent character who just happened to be gay. Other than that... I guess that one dude in Mass Effect 3?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
My copy on Xbox One has begun getting stuck on the loading screen. It's worked fine since I bought it, but all of a sudden it simply won't load. Anyone have any ideas or fixes?

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Thermos H Christ posted:

Bill or whatever his name was in The Last of Us was a decent character who just happened to be gay. Other than that... I guess that one dude in Mass Effect 3?

Bill was pretty good and ME3 was uh, admirable in its attempts, at least.

I still stand by my badly-demonstrated point that Pagan being gay would be about as big of a step forward as Javier Bardem's character in Skyfall feeling up James Bond to set up some slightly awkward comedy.

nutranurse posted:

Moartoast, how could you call that character gay? He had no weird lisp and wasn't wearing flamboyant clothing. I don't see it. :confused:

okay well you're just lying about the clothing but thank you for at least reminding me that i still need to lay down :10bux: to change my awful old username

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

He didn't say people thought he was gay, he says "he bats for the other team, and ishwari was the only women he ever loved".

He implies that Ajay is gay because he sided with Sabal and that he bats for the other team ie he's straight and he only ever loved one woman. This isn't hard

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

BBJoey posted:

He implies that Ajay is gay because he sided with Sabal and that he bats for the other team ie he's straight and he only ever loved one woman. This isn't hard

Why WOULDN'T you side with Sabal? Amita gives off mad cold vibes, man. She harshes my shangri-la buzz something fierce.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

How are you going to get your buzz after Sabal destroys all the drugs dude. You have to side with Amita to get the good poo poo. Play the long game.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

BBJoey posted:

I honestly would have gone gay for Sabal. There was something about his character that was very erotic.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The only man for Sabal is your dead father. :smith:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Wow, gently caress hunters. At least rear end in a top hat animals can be moderately amusing when they appear out of nowhere to ruin your day, but hunters are just an unfun pain in the arse to deal with.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

nutranurse posted:

Why WOULDN'T you side with Sabal? Amita gives off mad cold vibes, man. She harshes my shangri-la buzz something fierce.

She's right in basically every circumstance, and doesn't spend the entire game jacking off to a picture of your dad?

sleepycat
Apr 21, 2004

Mmmm
Dinosaur Gum

Ultimate Mango posted:

I honestly would have gone gay for Sabal. There was something about his character that was very erotic.

Pretty sure it's Naveen Andrews' voice that does it.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Morter posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone else really like Chiffon? I don't know why, but I'm endeared by his mannerisms and speech. Every time he had a task I just instantly felt. "Yeah, no problem, buddy :3:", and mercilessly killed animals for his fashion week.

I'm only in South Kyrat, but I hope the northern missions are just as fun.

Compared to most of the lunatics you run into he's one of the few that doesn't treat you like complete poo poo. Plus he gives you a mission where you hunt a mythical fish with a grenade launcher so he's a-ok in my book.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Compared to most of the lunatics you run into he's one of the few that doesn't treat you like complete poo poo. Plus he gives you a mission where you hunt a mythical fish with a grenade launcher so he's a-ok in my book.

That mission got me the M79 unlocked early, too, instantly making Chiffon the best person in all of Kyrat.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
For anyone doing a second playthrough, I'm really enjoying it going the extreme opposite of how I did it the first time around, and this time on Hard, which was explore everything then do main story content. This time around I have only captured a few outposts(at different ends of the maps to give some fast travel, and the amount needed to unlock the skill) and unlocked no radar towers beyond the first.

Not fast traveling is helping give me my own little challenges. I unlocked the North, then decided to take the outpost 2 outposts south of Pagan Min's fortress. Traveling from the village fast travel point to that outpost to take it was a challenge in itself. Sustained firefights, animal attacks, randomly dying when your wingsuit doesn't deploy; took me about a dozen reloads that involved trying various different routes to get there until I finally made it.

It's these type of things I liked in Far Cry 3 as well but they're actually better in Far Cry 4 because the world is more interesting to navigate. Only some of the mountain areas of 3 felt interesting to wander around.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Ultimate Mango posted:

He's hot but I'm pretty sure he only wants to gently caress kids.

I have decided I hate everyone in the story.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Motherfucker posted:

I have decided I hate everyone in the story.

Pretty much. Everyone needs to die.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Kyrati racing is bugged for me so I can't get vehicle take down. Is there a way I can just give myself that skill?

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

Nigulus Rex posted:

Why ever consider a first person shooter on a console vs the pc release?

Game looks phenomenal on the PC and with mouse control it is 700% better thus more fun.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Speedball posted:

Man, Volgin in Snake Eater was pretty gay and also goddamn tough and scary enough to be a villain. And the gayness neither impacted upon nor informed his villainy.

My bar for a good 'gay' villain is Milo from The Last Boy Scout. Even though it was never *said* he was gay, it didn't matter. Dude was straight up evil.

"Is there a problem here?" "Yes, officer, as a matter of fact there is a problem, apparently there are too many bullets in this gun."

Also, the only way to get the KFW quests complete before taking down Pagan is to take out his fortress while he's still in power.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Bhadra gets to stay (provided you pick the right demagogue). Pretty much the only mistake she makes is assuming Ajay is capable of making a good decision, because she knows Amita and Sabal are both assholes.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Dec 6, 2014

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Bhadra gets to stay (provided you pick the right demagogue). Pretty much the only mistake she makes is assuming Ajay is capable of making a good decision, because she knows Amita and Sabal are both assholes.

Do we know what happens to Bhadra once everyone's gone? She just disappears from her little palanquin thing.

Moartoast
Jan 16, 2011

Meowbot posted:

Why ever consider a first person shooter on a console vs the pc release?

Game looks phenomenal on the PC and with mouse control it is 700% better thus more fun.

Eh, in Ubisoft's case, I can see why someone might want to opt for the console release just for stability. FC4's the best PC port Ubisoft Kiev's managed to squirt out, but I'm pretty sure the only reason it's not downright terrible is because most of the legwork was already done with FC3. They still managed to cock up a whole bunch of hilariously basic optimization, most of which they will probably never fix, while the community works around it by changing some basic number values.

On the upside, unlike the inherent coding messes of Watch Dogs and the AC games, FC4's issues are relatively easy to fix by hand, and modders will (hopefully) be able to go the extra mile like they did with FC3.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Everyone but Longinus and Chiffon.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
how do i install longinus as king? he's the best man for the job imo

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ayn rand hand job posted:

Chiffon is cool, but Longinus needs some Chap-Stick first.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

I've been taking my time with this and enjoying all the side missions, so I finally broke into the north a few days ago. In the "Truth and Justice" mission (the one where you kill "Pagan"), I'm flying the Buzzer and trying to think of how I'm going to murk the dude when all of a sudden, an RPG streaks out of nowhere, destroys his car, and then I get the "mission complete" screen. Bewildered at what must have been the most hilariously beneficial act of AI fratricide in recent memory, another RPG slams into my Buzzer, killing me.

Still got credit for the mission, though. Also, I unlocked the Buzzsaw and... :stare:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

ayn rand hand job posted:

The ending of the Kyrati Fashion Week mission chain made me sad. The letter that Chiffon left you (unless I missed one) was just Lorem Ipsum and black bars.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Zaphod42 posted:

Check the OP about the prerendered frames = '1' thing, that fixes stutter for lots of people.

Can anyone elaborate on this? I don't see anything about it in the OP.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

BIG HEADLINE posted:

My bar for a good 'gay' villain is Milo from The Last Boy Scout. Even though it was never *said* he was gay, it didn't matter. Dude was straight up evil.

Ian McShane's character in Sexy Beast was pretty villainous, and gay, and awesome.

He wasn't really the villain though.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I heard that conversation last night and he explicitly says he isn't gay but that everyone thinks he is because of the way he carries himself.

This is important dammit

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
:pcgaming: IT'S HAPPENING :pcgaming:

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Anyone on PS4 looking to cheese the co-op trophies? I just need to do a vehicle takedown from the passenger side and clear an outpost. Add me at BrownThunder85 if you're down.

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Oh my loving god why are these cutscenes not skippable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

How did you get this? I can only put like Night Sights on my M1911.

• Locked thread