Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Mohammed himself had a pet cat. He cut off the sleeve of a prayer robe his cat was napping on rather than disturb it.

Even he knows better than to disturb cats.

Muslims can keep dogs, really, but mostly for guarding, hunting and law enforcement purposes.

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cythereal posted:

Mohammed himself had a pet cat. He cut off the sleeve of a prayer robe his cat was napping on rather than disturb it.

He also basically tip-toed his army around a dog with puppies at one point, IIRC.

Not all schools of jurisprudence consider dogs ritually unclean. That is not the same as hating or fearing dogs, though.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Who would have guessed you could get some cultural enlightenment from the fourteenth installment of the 'funny pictures' thread

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I can't believe Angela Merkel is afraid of dogs. She's so irrational. Maybe she should try not being afraid of dogs. :smug:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

RyokoTK posted:

I can't believe Angela Merkel is afraid of dogs. She's so irrational. Maybe she should try not being afraid of dogs. :smug:

I would guess it's only Greek dogs.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deteriorata posted:

I would guess it's only Greek dogs.

Or "Greeks", as they're also known.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

Works for me. I don't know how you become leader of a nation while being afraid of something dumb like dogs though. Did she not have to get elected? If I was running against her I would have dogs all over everything. When we debated, I would make sure that there were 40 or 50 dogs just running back and forth. How can she be a good leader when she's always crippled with fear? That's what I'd say. and then a dog would pop out of a bush behind me and spook her again.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Modern Day Hercules posted:

Works for me. I don't know how you become leader of a nation while being afraid of something dumb like dogs though. Did she not have to get elected? If I was running against her I would have dogs all over everything. When we debated, I would make sure that there were 40 or 50 dogs just running back and forth. How can she be a good leader when she's always crippled with fear? That's what I'd say. and then a dog would pop out of a bush behind me and spook her again.

The counterargument to that is that a person who is forced to rely on tactics like that is posturing and attempting to look larger than they actually are.

Which is what Merkel's claimed that Putin and his hypermasculinity actually is.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

citybeatnik posted:

The counterargument to that is that a person who is forced to rely on tactics like that is posturing and attempting to look larger than they actually are.

Which is what Merkel's claimed that Putin and his hypermasculinity actually is.

Putin didn't go far enough. He let the dog leave. She wouldn't be saying a dang thing if he made sure there was always a dog, somewhere. Maybe she just sees it out the corner of her eye. She turns, just to be sure. There's no dog she thinks. But she's wrong. The dog is in her head now. Always there.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I Hate Blasphemondays!

Sissy Jupe
Sep 9, 2009
Shut the gently caress up. Everyone.

Post. Pictures.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Who would have guessed you could get some cultural enlightenment from the fourteenth installment of the 'funny pictures' thread

I just realized this is a photoshop and I'm really sad now.

Wank
Apr 26, 2008

Say Nothing posted:

I Hate Blasphemondays!

Give me my loving enchiladas.

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
My friends new kitten is the goofiest looking little dude.

Original

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mr pooglyfoop posted:

Post. Pictures.

Yeah, thread! Be more like mr pooglyfoop here and. Post. Pictures.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Picnic Princess posted:

I just realized this is a photoshop and I'm really sad now.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Noslo posted:

Man, the worst thing about being bitten by a pit bull is that anytime I tell the story I have to sit through a rant of how they're just misunderstood.

Anyway, here's a funny picture I guess

The sudden bright sunlight made it look like it was an explosion. Like someone just set off a bear bomb, but they all decided to just go scratch on a tree instead.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

spleen merchant posted:

My friends new kitten is the goofiest looking little dude.

Original

:shepface:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm sorry to say this but your friend's cat is dead.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Phlegmish posted:

I'm also relatively sure it's upside-down. Hope someone can fix this.

Hollow Talk
Feb 2, 2014

Phlegmish posted:

holttho
May 21, 2007

--->!!!CLICK HERE FOR HOT DANCING BEARS WORKING THE POLE!!<---

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Cythereal posted:

When I first heard the story, I thought they said his cat was sleeping IN the sleeve rather than on it. Which paints a picture of Mohammed sitting there in his too-big-sleeved robe and the cat saying "gosh, that looks like a nice hidey-hole to nap in!" and just walking right in in the middle of his meditations. :kimchi:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

Cythereal posted:

That reminds me of a story of a Chinese emperor who had a male lover who, one time was sleeping on the sleeve of his robe while in bed with him and, rather than disturb him when he had to leave for a meeting, cut the cloth of his sleeve so as not to wake him.

Since then, there's a Chinese expression for a homosexual that translates to "cut sleeve" or something like that I think.

FinalGamer has a new favorite as of 23:26 on Dec 5, 2014

Arx Monolith
May 4, 2007

Would you look at the me? Well, gotta go.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mr pooglyfoop posted:

Post. Pictures.
You forgot to post a picture.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

mr pooglyfoop posted:

Post. Pictures.

you're a massive shitstain who hasn't posted even a single picture in this thread

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

Your fez is familiar

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

:vince:

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

mr pooglyfoop posted:

Post. Pictures.
You can start by actually posting some for once, shitster fuglyfoop :v: I never see you post anything beyond words in this thread so maybe practice what you preach?

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
The summoning of the neckbeard man-child begins.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
What is that cup supposed to be?

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

karl fungus posted:

What is that cup supposed to be?

A chalice for sipping one's Mountain Dew from, you loving animal.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
White/Blue is hardly worth the pentagram. I mean, Black/Red, sure, but White/Blue? Please..

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The summoning of the neckbeard man-child begins.

Lemme tell you, Cheetos and Magic isn't a good mix, you'd get your cards all dirty and stuff, and you don't want that at all, at least not on non-trash cards.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

beato posted:

A chalice for sipping one's Mountain Dew from, you loving animal.

It's not his fault he's a animal. He drinks it off the floor.

Piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

New Leaf posted:

White/Blue is hardly worth the pentagram. I mean, Black/Red, sure, but White/Blue? Please..

Maybe he's trying to Unsummon them?

• Locked thread