Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

i just want nils to have an even more weaboo gunpla in the backdrop somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
His samurai closet is just a full on room now.

i still love how nils had a closet for the sengoku astray

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Zedd posted:

i just want nils to have an even more weaboo gunpla in the backdrop somewhere.

I want him to show up decked in full samurai armour and no one present bats an eye.

FrantzX
Jan 28, 2007
Doctor Bushido, PHD.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

It took me a second to realize that "Broadcast Pause" was not an episode title.

What I would love to see in Build Fighters is if they get really obscure. Like, say, a rival martial artist from a place that doesn't have a lot of Gundam stuff, and most of it is bootleg, so she gets confused about the models and uses a Guncannon instead.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

I want him to show up decked in full samurai armour and no one present bats an eye.
Nils dressed up like the Musha Gundam Mk2. :allears:

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

I hope that now that Nils actually lives in Japan he's not as enamored with it, and he's switched around to being AMERICAN AS HELL 100 PERCENT instead.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Caroline gave up on trying to make him wear normal people clothes so now he's just running around the lab in stars and stripes tanks and zubaz and the gaudiest nikes you can imagine.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Sharkopath posted:

Caroline gave up on trying to make him wear normal people clothes so now he's just running around the lab in stars and stripes tanks and zubaz and the gaudiest nikes you can imagine.

No, the sneakers with the lights that flash as you step. I remember having those as a kid. Ahhh, the 90s. :allears:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He dresses like Michael Jackson and moonwalks into every room.

He now pilots the Smooth Criminal Gundam.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

This plays every time he enters a room:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQhJMvJDSZA

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I built my Gunpla... in America!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Lurking Haro posted:

But what does "To Fly In The Future" mean? That's normally a final episode title.

Prediction time: Sekai finds a mysterious Gunpla...that allows him to travel through time. Hilarious hijinks ensue.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The name is literal and its Mirai x whoever episode.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

The name is literal and its Mirai x whoever episode.

You might actually be pretty close there - given that he's piloting a winged suit and living in the past, it's likely to be a Yuuma character development episode, and who does he happen to have a giant crush on...?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Or Mirai goes insane and becomes Schwarz BruderSchwester to train Sekai which naturally leads to Beyond the Knuckle.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 6, 2014

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Or Mirai goes insane and becomes Schwarz BruderSchwester to train Sekai which naturally leads to Beyond the Knuckle.

I'm not sure the two are mutually exclusive.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Lurking Haro posted:

But what does "To Fly In The Future" mean?

It's the episode where they reveal that Reiji, Mashita and the original Arista crystal are all from the distant future, and that Reiji is actually a descendant of Sekai. This is to set up more ship teasing as to which girl he eventually ends up with.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

It's the episode where they reveal that Reiji, Mashita and the original Arista crystal are all from the distant future, and that Reiji is actually a descendant of Sekai. This is to set up more ship teasing as to which girl he eventually ends up with.

I'd be up for Brigadoon with Gunpla.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

MechaCrash posted:

It took me a second to realize that "Broadcast Pause" was not an episode title.

What I would love to see in Build Fighters is if they get really obscure. Like, say, a rival martial artist from a place that doesn't have a lot of Gundam stuff, and most of it is bootleg, so she gets confused about the models and uses a Guncannon instead.

I thought I was the only person who played that game. :unsmith:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Zedd posted:

This plays every time he enters a room:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQhJMvJDSZA

Every fight with Nils is a rappadoo fight.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Warmachine posted:

I thought I was the only person who played that game. :unsmith:

MS Saga is a really excellent game. The story is awful and most of the character designs are terrible, but the music and gameplay amazing and you can have Kung Fu Guncannon.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Kanos posted:

MS Saga is a really excellent game. The story is awful and most of the character designs are terrible, but the music and gameplay amazing and you can have Kung Fu Guncannon.

I got to the moon and never beat it, which is so close to the ending that its a real shame.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Oh huh, the Winning can also just turn into a giant gun.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kanos posted:

The same guy worked on the mecha for G-Reco actually. Akira Yasuda

BlitzBlast posted:

Oh huh, the Winning can also just turn into a giant gun.

No, that's just the Winning Launcher. Remember that it turns into two guns at once, we've only just seen that part once since it got blown up during the EZ-8 Fight.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 8, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Wasn't the Winning Launcher the foot strapped onto the Lightning's gun?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

BlitzBlast posted:

Wasn't the Winning Launcher the foot strapped onto the Lightning's gun?

Nah, you can see it right here:

The Lightning has more than one gun. It's just easy to forget.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I actually just checked the episode for that. But yeah, the Winning Launcher is just an attachment to the Lightning's gun. The configuration I posted is its own weapon, with the the Winning's arm attached.

The promotional pictures also separate the two, for what it's worth.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh, huh, I see what you mean now.

Welp, I guess the Winning's gimmick is going to be turning into different weapons then. :smith:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Seems like it yeah.
I do like the multiple options and part combinations they managed to fit into one SD model though, that's quite cool.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Zedd posted:

Seems like it yeah.
I do like the multiple options and part combinations they managed to fit into one SD model though, that's quite cool.

Yeah it's actually a really neat gimmick.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oh yeah, it's really impressive from a design standpoint. (Even if the Winning Launcher really is just "foot stuck on the end of a gun.")

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
So, why is Yuuma considered the pro builder again?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Pureauthor posted:

So, why is Yuuma considered the pro builder again?

Because he won a competition earlier than the show start. Like I dunno what point you're trying to make when literally every builder character has fawned over Fumina and her work so far.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Zedd posted:

Seems like it yeah.

It actually only has three full on combinations, but it should also be able to just hand off its own weapons. Which would be the machines guns, the buzzsaw, and if I'm reading this manual right the...

Beam Bowgun?

Incidentally I was curious as to why Fumina never tried attaching the Winning Launchers to her own guns, and turns out she totally can.

Really there are a lot of things the Winning can do that it just hasn't been. Same goes for Lightning; the green gems on the shoulders are cameras, it has a beam machinegun on its arms, and its beam rifles are actually modular. Even the Lightning Back has some beam cannons on it that I think have never been used.

It's kind of weird. Build Burning is the one with the least amount of gimmicks, and even it took until episode 9 to actually use the thing its model kit prominently displays it with.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I wonder if we're not getting traditional mid-series upgrades and they're saving gimmicks to have more things to do before a late-series upgrade instead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ImpAtom posted:

I wonder if we're not getting traditional mid-series upgrades and they're saving gimmicks to have more things to do before a late-series upgrade instead.

I doubt it. With Sunrise at the helm instead of the writers, they're probably going to want as many kits shown off as possible ASAP. This is the lull before the Nationals, so it doesn't really make sense to drop a new set of Gundams partway through that. Whatever happens with the Lightning and Winning Gundams, we probably won't see more than a Star Build Strike-esque half-assed (at least visually) upgrade on the Build Burning.

On a side-note regarding an earlier discussion, I'm half-wondering if the reason the writers haven't been allowed more background kit cameos is because they're not the right kits to push. The show's gotta sell those shiny new Try kits, not the back-catalogue :pseudo:.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Sunrise did apply a fair amount of pressure in the first season as well. Though I do recall the Gyan Gya Gyan being mentioned as part of the things they forced so it wasn't all bad!

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I doubt it. With Sunrise at the helm instead of the writers,

I really don't know why you're pushing this so hard, especially since the only new BFT kit shown off last expo was the Amazing Red Warrior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Although it would be weird to not have some sort of upgrade to the main suits. I think it's most likely that the Build Burning will just get some sort of booster pack and the lightning getting utterly destroyed just before the quarter finals requiring Yuuma to show his true building genius.

• Locked thread