Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Yeah but he was also Johnny Storm

Dude, but he was Johnny Storm :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Azhais posted:

I liked Ray Stevenson's version

Hmm. Thomas Jane. Ray Stevenson.

Maybe they can get Kevin McKidd next?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Yeah I've dug freddie prince jr's recent VA work. I think marvel has gotten kudos for good casting lately, besides terrance stamp they've had hardly a misstep. They'd have gotten the benefit of the doubt, right?

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Pander posted:

Yeah I've dug freddie prince jr's recent VA work. I think marvel has gotten kudos for good casting lately, besides terrance stamp they've had hardly a misstep. They'd have gotten the benefit of the doubt, right?

Drake Bell's voice acting work as Peter Parker on Ultimate Spider-Man is very well done. As well as Clark playing his role as animated Coulson. The episode where Will Friedle plays Deadpool is perfect in every way.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Windows 98 posted:

The episode where Will Friedle plays Deadpool is perfect in every way.

Wow, I strongly disagree. Deadpool in that episode was way too nasal and annoying. I prefer Nolan North's take on it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Deadpool leaked trailer is one of the best things ever put to film. Ryan Reynolds knows what's up.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Pander posted:

what was terrance stamp in?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
He was in Elektra.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Phylodox posted:

Wow, I strongly disagree. Deadpool in that episode was way too nasal and annoying. I prefer Nolan North's take on it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, so I won't try and tell you that you are wrong. Opinions are not fact for a reason. I however can definitely say I am very bias because I am such a big Spider-Man fan that they could have had an orgy where they smear poo poo all over each other and I would've still rated the episode 10/10. I've read a considerable amount of Deadpool comics though, and whenever I read his voice in my head I always pictured it to be more or less like Will Friedle. Higher pitched and kinda like an annoying mocking tone. When I played the Deadpool video game I was much more satisfied with the voice acting than Will Friedle's performance, only because it brought some more grit to it. It felt like he was battle hardened, but still witty and comical. I think Ryan Reynolds' Deadpool is great as well. Reynolds has always had a witty edge to his tone while acting and I think he fits perfectly.

What I am saying is I love everything about Spider-Man in every way and I also love everything about Deadpool and as far as I am concerned I am a big enough Marvel fan boy that they could do literally anything and I will give it a thumbs up.

EDIT: I just looked up Nolan North and apparently he is the video game voice actor for Deadpool. So I guess we are in agreement. We both think Nolan North does a better Deadpool. However I am still a fan of Will Friedle's Deadpool as well.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The only saving grace with Green Lantern was Reynolds, also the face mask joke Blake whatshername delivered.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse

Rocksicles posted:

He was in Elektra.

I had completely forgotten that movie existed.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98 posted:

What I am saying is I love everything about Spider-Man in every way and I also love everything about Deadpool and as far as I am concerned I am a big enough Marvel fan boy that they could do literally anything and I will give it a thumbs up.

The unfortunate part is Deadpool is literally the hardest character I can think of to make a movie about, even though God, I want it. I don't even mind Reynolds in the roll, it wasn't his fault Origins sucked horribly and Deadpool was utterly butchered there.

But still. To do a Deadpool movie right, he's almost going to have to mug the 4th wall, a lot. That's easy to gently caress up in the wrong director's hands.

ED: Also Deadpool seemed to have got softened with over-exposure as far as I can tell. Things I originally liked about the character was just how absolutely loving black comedy-insane it was: Like his cliched comic "mentor" being a poor blind woman he keeps in a razor spike lined room so she won't try to escape. That's just so messed up in an awesome kind of way given he's oblivious to how messed up it is.

These days they seem to just want to make catch phrases and zaniness. Maybe I'm wrong.

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 6, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Blazing Ownager posted:

The unfortunate part is Deadpool is literally the hardest character I can think of to make a movie about, even though God, I want it. I don't even mind Reynolds in the roll, it wasn't his fault Origins sucked horribly and Deadpool was utterly butchered there.

But still. To do a Deadpool movie right, he's almost going to have to mug the 4th wall, a lot. That's easy to gently caress up in the wrong director's hands.

ED: Also Deadpool seemed to have got softened with over-exposure as far as I can tell. Things I originally liked about the character was just how absolutely loving black comedy-insane it was: Like his cliched comic "mentor" being a poor blind woman he keeps in a razor spike lined room so she won't try to escape. That's just so messed up in an awesome kind of way given he's oblivious to how messed up it is.

These days they seem to just want to make catch phrases and zaniness. Maybe I'm wrong.

Well, obviously things can change and be butchered, but the word is they're using (or starting from) that script that got leaked a few years back.

Having read that script, they would definitely have a handle on both the utter black comedy of the character, and the zaniness. The only real question is how much of that makes it to the screen.
But iirc, reynolds has been a fan of, and pushing that exact script. Maybe there's hope.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

BlueBayou posted:

I had completely forgotten that movie existed.

This is the correct response to Elektra.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Error 404 posted:

Well, obviously things can change and be butchered, but the word is they're using (or starting from) that script that got leaked a few years back.

Having read that script, they would definitely have a handle on both the utter black comedy of the character, and the zaniness. The only real question is how much of that makes it to the screen.
But iirc, reynolds has been a fan of, and pushing that exact script. Maybe there's hope.

Basically it boils down to how much clout Reynolds has with Fox.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rocksicles posted:

He was in Elektra.

He was the first Jim Rhodes :ssh:

e: No wait that's Terrence Howard gently caress

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just got caught up on the show and please let Kyle MacLaughlin be the MCU's version of Maximus

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just got caught up on the show and please let Kyle MacLaughlin be the MCU's version of Maximus

He wont.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Windows 98 posted:

EDIT: I just looked up Nolan North and apparently he is the video game voice actor for Deadpool. So I guess we are in agreement. We both think Nolan North does a better Deadpool. However I am still a fan of Will Friedle's Deadpool as well.
North did a good job, but for me Deadpool's voice will always be the one that introduced me to the character. The guy who did Deadpool in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

achillesforever6 posted:

North did a good job, but for me Deadpool's voice will always be the one that introduced me to the character. The guy who did Deadpool in the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games.

The Cryptkeeper was alright but I prefer North and Reynolds.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Nolan North did Hulk vs Wolverine's Deadpool and I loved every second of that.

:mmmsmug: : LOGAN! it's me, Deadpool! I Shoootttt Yoooouuu!

Pretty sure it's on Netflix and its worth a watch if you like the marvel universe.

Edit: it is but it looks like they lead off with Hulk vs Thor. Still good but the Wolverine bit is much better

Spiffster fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Dec 7, 2014

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Spiffster posted:

Pretty sure it's on Netflix and its worth a watch if you like the marvel universe.

Edit: it is but it looks like they lead off with Hulk vs Thor. Still good but the Wolverine bit is much better

That whole little universe of the "VS" movies, Wolverine & the X-Men, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes is a great run of animation. Probably Marvel's best animated run. Maybe not up there with the DCAU, but the best attempt so far.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Deadpool posted:

Yeah its just nostalgia personally, I loved my team of Deadpool, Blade, Wolverine, and Electra; we wrecked so much poo poo together.

Then MA2 came out for the PS2 and I got really sad because wow they didn't give a poo poo about making the PS2 version good at all. :smith: (That and it was about Civil War)

Spiffster posted:

Yeah Nolan is great
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAI5y20X2Gk

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

XboxPants posted:

That whole little universe of the "VS" movies, Wolverine & the X-Men, and Earth's Mightiest Heroes is a great run of animation. Probably Marvel's best animated run. Maybe not up there with the DCAU, but the best attempt so far.

I mean Spectacular Spider-man, but sure.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Well it depends on how they approach it. If it's just a super zany movie, then yeah, it's probably going to be poo poo.

On the other hand, they could do it in a semi-serious manner where Deadpool is trying to be a good guy, but he's still kind of hosed up from weapon K experiments, and legitimately has a hard time telling right from wrong, then that might actually be a good movie.

I will admit it be funny as hell, if Sony picture had Deadpool show up in a post-credit sequence, similar to the Avengers, since Deadpool and Thanos are locked in a love triangle with Death.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Dec 7, 2014

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Deadpool posted:

On an unrelated note, North also is the best voice option in Saint's Row 4, period.

And yes, of course I have a Deadpool outfit.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I don't know why, but that part where Logan and Wade are being chased by the Hulk down a corridor and he goes, "I think we lost him" makes me lose my poo poo every time.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Deadpool posted:

I hope someone tried to get Demi Moore to play Deadpool. At least an audition.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am just worried we'll get handsome Wade and no freddy face Deadpool. Having a "handsome" actor as a lead with horrible face makeup or a mask doesn't seem very hollywood.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

twistedmentat posted:

I am just worried we'll get handsome Wade and no freddy face Deadpool. Having a "handsome" actor as a lead with horrible face makeup or a mask doesn't seem very hollywood.

If they are smart at all they'll never show his face in the movie.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Rarity posted:

He was the first Jim Rhodes :ssh:

e: No wait that's Terrence Howard gently caress

That's who I was referencing. I just misstated myself. Fun coincidence that Stamp WAS in such a lovely Marvel movie! He was probably not the biggest problem with that one...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Elektra was a Fox movie though.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
SPEAK OF THE DEVIL!

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/ryan-reynolds-confirms-set-play-deadpool-article-1.2034681

Also, this, posted on Reynold's twitter:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Ryan Reynolds has been pretty adamant on making Deadpool look ugly, this is Ryan's passion project that he's spent years trying to get made.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Alright, as much I like the subject Deadpool talk is way off topic for this thread so let's move on from that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Deadpool posted:

Alright, as much I like the subject Deadpool talk is way off topic for this thread so let's move on from that.

I was wondering why people keep talking about the character when he's part of Fox's mutant rights.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Deadpool posted:

Look! He's speaking in a yellow text box!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Don't read this if you don't want to be excited for tomorrow's episode. There's no real spoilers at all but it sure makes some of the things that have been speculated on seem like they may indeed happen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/12/08/review-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-proves-dramatic-capability-in-mid-season-finale/

quote:

However, the dramatic shifting of the series comes from more than just a change in tone, but also status quo. Come the appearance of the final emblem in 2014 before the “post-credit scene,” audiences will be left uneasy and unsure of how to think in the best of ways. Truly, it will be a moment that makes people say, “wow, they actually did it.”

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Deadpool posted:

Don't read this if you don't want to be excited for tomorrow's episode. There's no real spoilers at all but it sure makes some of the things that have been speculated on seem like they may indeed happen.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/12/08/review-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-proves-dramatic-capability-in-mid-season-finale/

Iron Man's going to show up?!?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
They need a run in with PTSD Bucky.

Solving crimes, buying eye make up.

• Locked thread